• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww, I just noticed that the Transistor giveaway is only for people who have given away 25+ games. If I won the lottery I'd do a big 24 CoD: Ghosts giveaway.

_hekk05

Banned
If you voted and joined blah blah blah Whos Gaming Now Group (rip), you may now find your flashout 2 key in your email.

Whos Gaming Now, your spirit lives on.

BruteUA

Spelunky > Volgarr > The Swapper >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rogue Legacy

Cool, I'm not the only one that didn't really like Rogue Legacy? Something's just off with it for me. I got a buddy that loves it and thinks I'm crazy. I've got a special nickname for it but I won't share because it's terribly offensive and insensitive. I love Spelunky, aforementioned crazy buddy won't even try it.

Genki

Cool, I'm not the only one that didn't really like Rogue Legacy? Something's just off with it for me. I got a buddy that loves it and thinks I'm crazy. I've got a special nickname for it but I won't share because it's terribly offensive and insensitive. I love Spelunky, aforementioned crazy buddy won't even try it.

I've watched my cousin in play it, seemed pretty meh. Focus seems to be on unlocking stuff instead of improving at the game.

Volgarr is amazing.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Some more giveaways. I realised I missed some keys just as I submitted to Modbot so there will be one more left to go until I'm free!!!!!

Thanks for Great Jitters: Pudding Panic! It's the only game I was missing from the bundle. Cheers!

*drum rolls*...

Decided to pick up Banished as well, since it came second in my poll. Was going to buy Grim Dawn for myself but I was feeling extra generous for some reason :p

Only thing I ask of you is to enter for a game that you really want and are going to play. These are no cheap bundlegames so being greedy and grabbing them just for card drops or to look at their pretty icons in your grid view is not a nice thing to do. Also, like the rules are stating, please don't give them to friends or trade them. I put the Mega-Giver rule to especially thank members who have given away many games. Just be cool and enjoy. Good Luck ;)

About the Dark Souls II season pass. It's ok if you don't have the game but plan to pick it up soon and play the game before the DLCs come out. There are a lot of dedicated Dark Souls II players here that would appreciate the season pass, so if you are not very interested in it, it would be good if you let them claim it instead

Wow, this is great!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
What game is this?

Spelunky with a Metroid Skin mod. Quite nice, but takes a lot of relearning the game due to everything looking different, and thus only really recommended if someone wants to feel challenged by the game once more or has never played it before.

StAidan

I played it up through beating the first boss and exploring some of the other areas, but I lost interest pretty quick. I think the way the gameplay is structured just made me feel like grinding is more important than actually getting better at the game. And there are very few games that I've enjoyed grinding in.

saunderez

Final giveaway I promise. There were way more unredeemed gifts than I thought there would be. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Pool Nation -- MB-0A522FB4B4325010 - Taken by dot
Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-76E02A13B623E5C0 - Taken by Majukun
Bit Trip Runner -- MB-D189FC3F538B1C09 - Taken by Halo 2
To The Moon -- MB-3381FA5DECBC0857 - Taken by SephiZack
RPG Maker Futuristic Tiles Resource Pack -- MB-C39841BB7CAC3308 - Taken by Deques

Lomax

I can see people who love Spelunky not digging Rogue Legacy, and vice versa. I think it really comes down to your need to see numbers go up and feel character development and power that way, or if you prefer to just develop personal skill. I'd imagine for people who are great at Spelunky, the need to grind in Rogue Legacy subverts their own feelings of ability. Whereas people who love Rogue Legacy progression die in Spelunky and it feels like it was pointless.

Question about uPlay: my girlfriend bought and installed Child of Light to my PC, so we had to download uPlay. I already had an account, so decided to browse the free game section and noticed Child of Light was in there with the button labeled "add to my games".

Can any uPlay account play a game installed on a local drive, or what's going on here?

saunderez

Am I the only one that didn't go out of my way to grind in Rogue Legacy? I just played the game.

I grinded near the end to unlock some of the final stuff but yeah I mostly just played for fun until I was powerful enough to beat the bosses.

Amzin

I can see people who love Spelunky not digging Rogue Legacy, and vice versa. I think it really comes down to your need to see numbers go up and feel character development and power that way, or if you prefer to just develop personal skill. I'd imagine for people who are great at Spelunky, the need to grind in Rogue Legacy subverts their own feelings of ability. Whereas people who love Rogue Legacy progression die in Spelunky and it feels like it was pointless.

I played Rogue Legacy well before Spelunky, and yea had trouble getting into Spelunky. I got the first few achievements for Playfire and haven't gone back. It just doesn't feel as fun to me, I don't care either way about progress or not. Risk of Rain beats either in my eyes though.

And I don't see why someone mentioned Swapper. Excellent game but not a rogueish game at all :p

Lomax

Am I the only one that didn't go out of my way to grind in Rogue Legacy? I just played the game.

I didn't grind until I was working on achievements, but the simple matter is, you will die until you level up some. In Spelunky, in theory, you could beat the whole game on the first try.

dot

Thanks for Pool Nation.

I realized i didn't have a pool game yet on steam and i've heard good things about it. The trailers i watched looked fun!

-MD-

I didn't grind, but the simple matter is, you will die until you level up some. In Spelunky, in theory, you could beat the whole game on the first try.

You can beat Rogue Legacy first try too, people have done it.

BruteUA

I played it up through beating the first boss and exploring some of the other areas, but I lost interest pretty quick. I think the way the gameplay is structured just made me feel like grinding is more important than actually getting better at the game. And there are very few games that I've enjoyed grinding in.

Whoa, wait a sec. There's a boss? First boss, implying there's others? I must be terrible at it. That can't be the only reason I don't like it tho, I've never gotten through the second stage of Volgarr but it's still one of the best games ever.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Question about uPlay: my girlfriend bought and installed Child of Light to my PC, so we had to download uPlay. I already had an account, so decided to browse the free game section and noticed Child of Light was in there with the button labeled "add to my games".

Can any uPlay account play a game installed on a local drive, or what's going on here?

If you look closer you'll see it's a demo. Somebody just forgot to add the "Demo" banner.

-MD-

Whoa, wait a sec. There's a boss? First boss, implying there's others? I must be terrible at it. That can't be the only reason I don't like it tho, I've never gotten through the second stage of Volgarr but it's still one of the best games ever.

People are judging Rogue Legacy without even getting to the first boss?

wat-meme-633882960.jpg

StAidan

I didn't go out of my way to grind by any means. I just feel like all the mechanics in the game are centered around rewarding you for grinding, which was a big demotivator in my mind.

Haha, there are indeed bosses. 4 or 5 of them, is my understanding. One in each "region" of the castle.

nexen

Volgarr is too damned hard. I really want to be good at it because I love the art and premise, but I can't afford the time investment.

Spelunky is a glorious game for someone other than me. I can definitely see how someone could fall in love with it.

Rogue Legacy was fun for a few hours, but that was all I could stand. The reward progression was all screwed up.

saunderez

Thanks for Pool Nation.

I realized i didn't have a pool game yet on steam and i've heard good things about it. The trailers i watched looked fun!

It's not a bad pool game, one of the better ones thats for sure. I think you're gonna enjoy it (and possibly curse some AI like I did).

CoJ: Gunslinger on Gamefly for 75% off (plus presumably another 15% off with coupon, cheapest it's been afaik), claims to need Steam, is Gamefly just confusing uPlay and Steam (wouldn't surprise me) or does anyone know if they somehow actually sell Steam keys for it?

http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/download-call-of-juarez-gunslinger/5005758

annnnd bought.

Wow no one took the Swapper from that give away? The last truly great indie game?

great game.

When will modbot fix the key bug?

I have only gotten keys for Bad Rats.

I have 1,000,000 copies of Bad Rats now.

Help

Stop entering for crappy games?

BruteUA

People are judging Rogue Legacy without even getting to the first boss?

Apparently I've only played 2 hours of it. It felt like a lot longer. Someday when I feel like stabbing my eyes out with a spoon I'll try to get into it again.

Lomax

You can beat Rogue Legacy first try too, people have done it.

Perhaps, but it isn't balanced that way. I'm not knocking either game, I like them both
but played way more Rogue Legacy because I like seeing numbers go up
, but while they share a lot, they have pretty crucial and fundamental differences that can be quite divisive.

so, can someone explain why seasons 1 & 3 of Sam and Max have grid icons but season 2 doesn't? What, was the grid icon guy over at Telltale off that week?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Splatter key up on groupees Be Mine 9 (has cards)

pahamrick

The Guild 2 Collection -- MB-B797A6A003163ECF
Unmechanical Desura -- MB-76D07A18E77A95ED
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe Desura -- MB-A8F9B1826469FB39
Tiny and BIg in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-B702470F203D2B5A - Taken by EzioCroft
Ultionus Desura -- MB-ADDE67B52BBFA955

Some items still left. Don't leave em hanging!

Nabs

Spelunky with the Metroid mod.

--

Is there a way I can check my "encounters" on Steam so I can add some people I just played with?

Depends on the game. Dark Souls 2 will show you a recent list of players from the overlay. SFIV doesn't seem to have it enabled, so you'll have to add the person from the Win/Loss screen or the lobby. I don't know why devs can't do it like Treyarch and have it right in your friends list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom