• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION is up. Pricing error: Deluxe Edition is 60% off instead of 30%.

:(

thats the punishment I get for going out and socializing instead of rotting in front of my PC

2Hy42zL.png

but, WHATEVER!!!

drool.bmp

can't wait to play when I'm sober again :p

BOTEC

I'm getting an "unhandled exception" error whenever I try to launch Street Fighter X Tekken. Is this because Games For Windows has been torpedoed? Am I fucked?

I'm getting an "unhandled exception" error whenever I try to launch Street Fighter X Tekken. Is this because Games For Windows has been torpedoed? Am I fucked?
Nah, GFWL is still up for now. You need to uninstall GFWL and then go grab the most recent version and install that, if my google-fu worked.

Giveaway time!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

GTR Evolution -- MB-54CCA97D6E82C004 - Taken by legacyzero
RACE The WTCC Game Plus Caterham Expansion -- MB-138C0D2A3E2B2F79 - Taken by Ezalc
Tropico Trilogy -- MB-199181ADDCC91A13 - Taken by BorntoPlay
Race Injection -- MB-8FEAB253D5E6DAD4 - Taken by Pakkidis
Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-4A9D6146DD0100F4 - Taken by maneil99
Zeno Clash 2 -- MB-1749E75715741716 - Taken by Santiako
Iron Grip Warlord: -- MB-0054E9273A4196F6 - Taken by Jmanunknown

Bluth54

I played Ghostcontrol Inc for about an hour today and I've been having fun so far. It's about what you would expect from looking at the screenshots, you go busts ghosts in Xcom style turn based sections, then use the money to upgrade your equipment, business and hire new people.

I'm still very early into it, but so far I would recommend it if you like that type of game or like me, are a big Ghostbusters fan. I'm really enjoying owning my own Ghostbusters type franchise.

Edit: To go a little more depth into combat, you have weapons similar to proton packs that damage ghosts, who can also damage you. When you get a ghost's health down to 0 you can use a trap, which has a chance of catching them. Ghosts can also damage the building/house your in, which causes you to earn less money. The basic weapons just do damage if they hit, but there are also weapons that can push ghosts away or pull them towards you, which I assume would be good for putting down traps and getting them into the right spot when the game gets harder.

maty

Almost done with Goat Simulator, just missing the last 3 achievement which are bugged/broken: GoatBuilt, Valkyrie and a hidden one.

None of the new achievements are hard to get.

That steamlessness website hasn't worked since you guys posted it here. Way to break nice things everyone.

I had it work once or twice... but it wasn't working now, I wanted it to easily figure out which goat sim achievements I was still missing.

The Steamworld Dig one seemed very time consuming too. I got to about 166 before I had to shut the game off and now my upgrades are all gone.

Almost done with Goat Simulator, just missing the last 3 achievement which are bugged/broken: GoatBuilt, Valkyrie and a hidden one.

That parkour one seems very annoying. I can't even get a run from wall a to b going.

--

1001 spikes is rather difficult. I am stuck on stage 2-5.

Nice job.

I've been having a hell of a time with the two kick ones so far. Tend to agree though, they aren't too tough

Nice job.

I've been having a hell of a time with the two kick ones so far. Tend to agree though, they aren't too tough

I didn't even try for the "power kick" one yet since there's no reward tied to it currently.
That lick the rollercoaster seems time consuming.

The kick from a backflip wasn't that hard if you use slow mo and kick a lamp post.

Last Beta-Invite for the Dead Island MOBA:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Island Epidemic -- MB-41C2D63EE19975A8 - Taken by Alien8

HoosTrax

Having some fun with Breach and Clear tonight. It basically boils down to Frozen Synapse gameplay, with X-COM style squad management and Payday 2-ish gearing (lots of customization for both weapons/mods and armor).

Kanokare

Finally finished Far Cry 3. Was quite a blast. For the end
I went with the decision to save friends :) Can't leave them behind and Citra be cray cray.

I didn't even try for the "power kick" one yet since there's no reward tied to it currently.
That lick the rollercoaster seems time consuming.

The kick from a backflip wasn't that hard if you use slow mo and kick a lamp post.

awesome, thanks for that backflip kick. I keep forgetting about slo-mo.

The rollercoaster isn't THAT bad
if you look up where the batteries are

maty

The Steamworld Dig one seemed very time consuming too. I got to about 166 before I had to shut the game off and now my upgrades are all gone.

That parkour one seems very annoying. I can't even get a run from wall a to b going

Yeah, the Steamworld dig is time consuming, I don't remember exactly but I think it took me 30 minutes to get it. And you need some luck with the hourglass' positions as well as some upgrades. I reached 222

The parkour one (Goatbuilt) is bugged though. I got to the top and nothing.
Just a tip, you don't need to press shift to wall-run sideways only when you go up. When going sideways just jump towards the wall, the goat will run as long as you keep pressing W, then aim at the other platform and jump again

You mean the Flip-Kick and Powerhoof SMASH (kick a person into a car)?

The first one I did it with a street lamp. As soon as I jumped I started the backflip and press LMB to kick. It might take a few tries since the achievement doesn't register all the time.

For the 2nd one, I kicked a person into a car in the parking lot.

Shade

A few extras from awhile ago. Apologies in advance if any are used. Good luck!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 32 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

serious Sam random encounter -- MB-F45D118E7AB53FF2 - Taken by VikasNarula. 1 entrants total.
back to the future -- MB-8B3BC80332A9F86C - Taken by Madridista. 13 entrants total.
shattered haven -- MB-C2CEE546EE51D6C0
krater character dlc -- MB-14CC319776086B21
snuggle truck -- MB-01FFCBFD42317B48
offspring fling -- MB-D680CDBCC39A43CC
guns of Icarus -- MB-5FA0A3ECE659116F - Taken by zeroOman. 1 entrants total.
Shank -- MB-24FB59F7E84C3544 - Taken by AsylumX. 7 entrants total.
krater -- MB-DBACF8BE32D62D09 - Taken by didamangi. 2 entrants total.
Eets -- MB-23B2B479CD485361
roboblitz -- MB-8D4C596491F4E0FA - Taken by Milamber. 2 entrants total.
unmechanical -- MB-DB0DFD5F8F3FEBD7 - Taken by Kuroyume. 3 entrants total.
plain sight -- MB-1E47489A904A027F
Fractal -- MB-9957A655B2962C17 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 3 entrants total.
valley without wind 1 -- MB-372E49213ECF2187 - Taken by Tesseract. 2 entrants total.
serious Sam double d -- MB-20B8D14232571B8C - Taken by topyy. 2 entrants total.
tidalis -- MB-D4B1E0BFE1861A79
nuclear dawn -- MB-3CC2225693831E35 - Taken by ohblahitsme. 2 entrants total.
defense grid the awakening -- MB-5477786B9AC306A9 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 4 entrants total.
Aquaria -- MB-1CCFCE841EA0CBA6 - Taken by NotSelf. 2 entrants total.
kung fu strike -- MB-B5D579BF1A99FE00 - Taken by Snakethesniper. 4 entrants total.
serious Sam 3 -- MB-7C59CD81921F3EBC - Taken by abracadaver. 4 entrants total.
lunnye devitsy -- MB-FA0397B1CB8D081C - Taken by factorone. 3 entrants total.
primal fears -- MB-7B3B38DAEA09C231 - Taken by Vastag. 2 entrants total.
alien shooter 2 conscription -- MB-2D40FABE3B2699B1
hinterland -- MB-EA4BFA01B1E2AC50 - Taken by doctorcdcs. 4 entrants total.
Gemini rue -- MB-94664CF7504C9E74 - Taken by tylergregg. 6 entrants total.
Shank 2 -- MB-FB8B07F6F1EC3EEC - Taken by DJSebolski. 1 entrants total.
Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- MB-C15DEDAFD6627BCB - Taken by Garcia. 3 entrants total.
snapshot -- MB-71613E8AE66555F2 - Taken by KenOD. 2 entrants total.
resonance -- MB-E9DEC8D89B56939F - Taken by trailmix16. 2 entrants total.
delve deeper and dlc -- MB-C7F2219CBF86B4C8 - Taken by JustLynx. 2 entrants total.

t1402123898z1.png

Dr Dogg

Bummer, the Shadowplay framerate counter doesn't seem to work with more than half the games I've tried.

Huh? It's worked in every DX rendered game I've tried so far, 32 and 64bit applications alike. Only game it hasn't worked in so far is Wolf:TNO but I'm guessing that due to being OpenGL. I do have desktop capture set to on mind.

Yep.

That's a cool little Easter Egg.

You say Easter Egg, I say Product Placement. There are loads of other Square Enix titles teased with a nudge and a wink in this that it feels like subliminal marketing. Good job I own them all already ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom