• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Keep your HD for the peasants!

RdnZSjf.png

PC Upscaling I love you.

that looks awfully stretched

Does Steam default to top sellers now instead of new releases on the front page?

Yes, it does, I have noticed for some days Steam client has been showing top sellers in the default tab - indeed it looked to me a bit odd but I thought it was only due to my faulty memory -, just now that you come to mention it I realise it used to show new releases.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was just an analytics based decision. Before the switch I always automatically switched to the top sellers tab out of habit.

Or maybe they want to give more exposure to their top sellers as they have evidence this way they sell more copies perhaps?

Top sellers besides most anticipated new releases often include also special deals - right now in the top 10 there are "Hotline Miami" and "Sins of a Solar empire" - so that's a way to highlight the most wanted stuff.

NIN90

People like you wreck CSGO MM.

I've been suffering from Myelitis (which causes numbness in my fingers and a mild spastic in my left hand) for the past 6 months and now I'm finally where I can sort of make WASD work again. Playing on my regular account is just frustrating, this on the other hand is nicely relaxing.

Not sure if it's more embarrassing that you smurf hardcore against silvers or that they killed you 7 times as a LEM.

Relax. This is the first match on this account and it's not even ranked yet. The match-ups will even out shortly.

maneil99

I've been suffering from Myelitis (which causes numbness in my fingers and a mild spastic in my left hand) for the past 6 months and now I'm finally where I can sort of make WASD work again. Playing on my regular account is just frustrating, this on the other hand is nicely relaxing.
Play casual then instead of wrecking others experiences.

jediyoshi

Or maybe they want to give more exposure to their top sellers as they have evidence this way they sell more copies perhaps?

It just seems redundant if it was designed that way since on a 1920x1080 display, the point at which you're scrolled down that far, you've already passed an entire screen's worth of selling space they already have explicit control over. It's just as easy to assume if the switch went the other way that their reasoning would be to drive attention to new games because people already know about top sellers.

Lomax

Thanks, Lomax, I just searched and wishlisted it as well. It looks great, mixing several ideas into one single puzzle concept; judging by the trailer (and the fact that 44 people of my friend list already own the game o.o ) it surely is a must have.

It's been very heavily bundled, I'd imagine a lot of people here have a key laying around, in fact I'm surprised I don't. I'm sure at very least you could pick it up super cheap from a trader.

derExperte

Dude, just roll into the elementary school soccer game at lunch and score 10 goals. You could be a hero too.

If those kids have the ability to consistently hit the ball and shoot it approximately where they want to I'll get destroyed. I'm not even joking, I was the dude that no one wanted on their team.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Curse Gamepedia @CurseGamepedia · 47s
We are replacing duplicated keys obtained in the first minutes of the giveaway while supplies last. Please include you Curse Username.

check your account?

I sent them an email and they got back to me pretty quick with a Nether - Chosen key! Nice!

It just seems redundant if it was designed that way since on a 1920x1080 display, the point at which you're scrolled down that far, you've already passed an entire screen's worth of selling space they already have explicit control over. It's just as easy to assume if the switch went the other way that their reasoning would be to drive attention to new games because people already know about top sellers.

Yeah, indeed it feels redundant to me, especially since most of top sellers often show up in the top banner as well - at the moment Watch_dogs, Wolfenstein, The forest, Stomping land - that's why I would tend to think they prefer to bank on their best sellers giving them further prominence.

thanks for Ravaged, missed it everytime back in the day

Why do you win everything I want. :p

Hey GAF! Everything's gone to shit and I'm poor as fuck! Facilitate my delirum-induced purge of all material possessions by winning some Steam keys, huh?

Nice giveaway. I think I took Radical Roaches. Thanks!

I played exclusively with the controller, and I totally agree that it never once felt like an impediment. My brain, though, never stops feeling like one.

I know the feeling all too well.

thanks vermadas for Runner 2!

this game needs more love:

Amazing giveaway. Sad I missed it as I'd love a chance to play it.

NotSelf

Gala links.

ModBot said:
Instructions for NotSelf:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Subject 9 -- MB-E149BB7320463506 - Taken by Aitor. 1 entrants total.
Unearthed Trail of Ibn Battuta Episode 1 Gold Edition -- MB-D73AE56CBCC1A2E7 - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 1 entrants total.
Syberia II -- MB-E518CB106A1FFBE2 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 2 entrants total.
Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden -- MB-EFF5ED3F5499670A - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
Strategic War in Europe -- MB-E77EB97E61587612 - Taken by trailmix16. 2 entrants total.

t1402094086z1.png

Cindered

Neo Member
ModBot said:
Instructions for Cindered:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION Deluxe Edition -- MB-50FAC0F9F0CB99CA - Taken by Dambrosi. 14 entrants total.

t1402095131z1.png

Have fun!

Salsa

am I the only one who uploads way too many screenshots

PdWhVW2.png

anyway I checked the stats and the most popular ones arent that surprising

ibdOuSPGir3yKq.PNG

ibBKFieH7u97b.PNG

but this is my favorite because of the comment

iBnK9Y9M1ubUC.PNG

we need to find this mr.moonshine

Status