• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
do we have rhythm games in steam

Sequence as mentioned
Frederic: Resurrection of Music. A resurrected Frederic Chopin comes to beat all.
BeatBlasters III
KickBeat, a kung fu action game to the music.
Retro/Grade , a shoot-em-up based off rhythm.
Space Channel 5 Part 2 , SEGA classic give or take the Michael Jackson influence.

Buying one: Castle of Illusion remake or The Cave?

The Cave while holding promise, never really lives up to how good it could have been. Go with Castle of Illusion if you want a fun platformer and if you have memories of the original.

dot

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Legend of Dungeon -- MB-14B3017BDAD9E492 - Taken by Tesseract. 2 entrants total.

t1402115539z1.png

There are still some untaken keys for Rush Bros, Red Orchestra, and a few Origin games here.

Backlogger

I play between two different machines and lately I keep getting this type of message causing me to run upstairs and shut down Steam on my other PC even though the game isn't running:

You are logged in on another computer already playing "{game}". Launching "{game} here will disconnect the other session from Steam.

The problem is even if I click "OK" nothing happens.

Any ideas?

awesome, thanks for that backflip kick. I keep forgetting about slo-mo.

The rollercoaster isn't THAT bad
if you look up where the batteries are

I found a better location (after realising that the powersmash was a playfire reward)... see below.

Yeah, the Steamworld dig is time consuming, I don't remember exactly but I think it took me 30 minutes to get it. And you need some luck with the hourglass' positions as well as some upgrades. I reached 222

The parkour one (Goatbuilt) is bugged though. I got to the top and nothing.
Just a tip, you don't need to press shift to wall-run sideways only when you go up. When going sideways just jump towards the wall, the goat will run as long as you keep pressing W, then aim at the other platform and jump again

You mean the Flip-Kick and Powerhoof SMASH (kick a person into a car)?

The first one I did it with a street lamp. As soon as I jumped I started the backflip and press LMB to kick. It might take a few tries since the achievement doesn't register all the time.

For the 2nd one, I kicked a person into a car in the parking lot.

The powersmash is easily done at the gas station on the first map... there's a dude standing there with his car at the pump... just line up and let the kick rip.

jediyoshi

I play between two different machines and lately I keep getting this type of message causing me to run upstairs and shut down Steam on my other PC even though the game isn't running:

You are logged in on another computer already playing "{game}". Launching "{game} here will disconnect the other session from Steam.

Any ideas?

You're logged into Steam on the same account on two different machines simultaneously?

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
I liked Castle of Illusion, The Cave not so much. CoI will take 2.5 hrs to beat and i guarantee you half an hour of that will be stuck on the last boss.

The Cave while holding promise, never really lives up to how good it could have been. Go with Castle of Illusion if you want a fun platformer and if you have memories of the original.

Castle of Illusion is solid, just a little easy and doesn't quite reach the heights of previous mickey mouse games.

The Cave flat out sucks.

That's kinda the way I was leaning. Thanks guys.

It's beautiful

Whats really cool is that the game recognized my PS1 Arcade Stick / Smart Joy Pro combo without having to use xpadder, nice!

Is the screen sideways because you were using a vertical orientation for your monitor?

Yeah, the Steamworld dig is time consuming, I don't remember exactly but I think it took me 30 minutes to get it. And you need some luck with the hourglass' positions as well as some upgrades. I reached 222

The parkour one (Goatbuilt) is bugged though. I got to the top and nothing.
Just a tip, you don't need to press shift to wall-run sideways only when you go up. When going sideways just jump towards the wall, the goat will run as long as you keep pressing W, then aim at the other platform and jump again

You mean the Flip-Kick and Powerhoof SMASH (kick a person into a car)?

The first one I did it with a street lamp. As soon as I jumped I started the backflip and press LMB to kick. It might take a few tries since the achievement doesn't register all the time.

For the 2nd one, I kicked a person into a car in the parking lot.

Where did you manage to get wall run for 10s?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

Also good games, but outside of BIT.TRIP Runners where I can see the argument made for it, the others aren't rhythm games as was asked. They use music to be sure, but that's not the same thing as far as how I've always seen the rhythm game genre.

One can play Audiosurf independent of any sense of rhythm for example, never matching the beats, and still do quite well in it for example. One couldn't do that with Space Channel 5.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's your fault. You are keeping hundreds of people from qualifying.
Every time I post, I think "I'm keeping a 5th of a person from getting a game - an act of kindness that could lift them from their misery and save their life."
Even so, sometimes I feel like "Screw them, I'm posting.

How is the fact I post regularly keeping people from qualifying? These threads are monthly now and have been since April; the 20,000 post limit that's generally enforced no longer applies.

Note combined posts. Might have saved a 5th of a life. That's like donating one ounce of blood.

I do combine replies where possible/appropriate. Like right now.

I'm acutely aware that I post a lot but I don't believe I shit up the thread as you seem to be implying. I think if you took a look at my post history throughout last month's thread you'd see that I was replying to questions or issues more often than not.

Any ideas?

Try reverting back to the stable client/opting into the beta (depending on your current situation). Also ensure that both PCs are running the same client build (stable/stable or beta/beta) so as to rule out the possibility of one not playing well with the other.

JustLynx

How did you get your key? I clicked redeem key, then it became a link, , sleected it and opened it in new window and I got this message: Unfortunately there was an error processing your request. Please try again later. If the problem persists please contact Customer Support at https://mber.desk.com/

Sorry for the late response, I got it 20m before posting it, I guess they ran out of the chosen keys =\
sorry

kuYuri

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Jet Set Radio -- MB-7098853B8553AB64 - Taken by Coldsun

Enjoy!

Wow, I am just skimming through the thread and I am really pleasently surprised how nice steamgaf is. I am new to steam, so sorry if it's offending. There's a stark contrast to some other heated topics, granted there were rude pc users, too.

I hope I can be a good poster here. Thanks.

Sequence as mentioned
Frederic: Resurrection of Music. A resurrected Frederic Chopin comes to beat all.
BeatBlasters III
Space Channel 5 Part 2 , SEGA classic give or take the Michael Jackson influence.

In addition to already mentioned games, I would mention One finger death punch http://store.steampowered.com/app/264200/

In a way maybe also Beatbuddy has some rhythm elements in its gameplay http://store.steampowered.com/app/231040/

It's so close. If they don't confirm that at the show I'm going to sink into a spiral of depression.
I have high hopes, why show the PC version of Halo 2 on PC at the Xbox One controller driver release? They are hinting at something, I tell you, and it's definitely not Halo 2 Anniversary.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Internet strikes again.

I will defeat you and have Ronan to myself!

At first I did think you were kidding, but the little footnote about combining posts pointed me in the other direction. Sorry for the misunderstanding. ;)

It's so close. If they don't confirm that at the show I'm going to sink into a spiral of depression.

Spencer said that news of Microsoft's renewed promise towards PC gaming probably wouldn't come from E3, so despite the Halo 2 tease don't be too disappointed if the MS presser comes and goes without mention of Windows (though that being said, the Halo 2 tease did follow said comment, so perhaps MS does have a little something something planned).

E3 PC:

- all that is not console specific exclusive
- Left 4 Dead 3

Valve would have dropped a little ARG by now if we were going to see L4D3. 2015 it is, I think.

Pachimari

Did anything big happen on SteamGAF the past week? Sales? New releases?

I see theHunter have released on Steam, and I got CoJ: Gunslinger, Virtua Tennis 4 and Be Mine 13 as well.

Garcia

Pike + mortar....fully upgrade both. You will destroy all.

I started upgrading the pike and yes, you guys were right, like a hot knife through butter.

Sequence as mentioned
BeatBlasters III

Good list, but it's missing BIT.TRIP Runner 1, Runner 2, Audiosurf, Beat Hazard, Symphony and Soundodger+. Maybe Dyad as well...

Very nice list, guys. Wishlisted every game I didn't know anything about.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Final Fantasy III is just damn hard.

I've played 7 hours so far, and managed to put 4 and a half hours into the game. Not having save points in the long dungeons kinda sucks sometimes, especially when you get to the end of the dungeon and the boss kills you.

The game is as awesome as I remember though. I've never played this re-release, only the original Famicom version, so it's kind of blowing my mind how close to the 8-bit classic they made the game.

I see theHunter have released on Steam, and I got CoJ: Gunslinger, Virtua Tennis 4 and Be Mine 13 as well.

There were like 34 new releases today alone!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

GMG's version of the summer sale started. Other than that, there's been the usual bundle stuff, Humble Weekly is okay, Be Mine 13 is pretty decent. Dead Rising 3 was announced for PC if you missed that.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Final Fantasy III is just damn hard.

I've played 7 hours so far, and managed to put 4 and a half hours into the game. Not having save points in the long dungeons kinda sucks sometimes, especially when you get to the end of the dungeon and the boss kills you.

The game is as awesome as I remember though. I've never played this re-release, only the original Famicom version, so it's kind of blowing my mind how close to the 8-bit classic they made the game.

I'm not sure how the Steam version compares to the DS one, but there are a few tricky sections. However, I actually like that in the game, requires some real strategy in some battles.

When I get it on Steam, I plan to beat it. I was never able to get past Cloud of Darkness.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Shit ton of releases. Also Dead Rising 3, Corpse Party, and Hatoful Boyfriend are coming to Steam.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm not sure how the Steam version compares to the DS one, but there are a few tricky sections. However, I actually like that in the game, requires some real strategy in some battles.

When I get it on Steam, I plan to beat it. I was never able to get past Cloud of Darkness.

Then this achievement can be yours:

e48376a82edb61ece09845ae81ff15360cb2e0af.jpg

Seriously, who made this crap?

The higher-level end-game achievements in this one are pretty daunting, but also pretty epic. I could see myself putting a hundred hours into this game, easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom