• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

GMG's version of the summer sale started. Other than that, there's been the usual bundle stuff, Humble Weekly is okay, Be Mine 13 is pretty decent. Dead Rising 3 was announced for PC if you missed that.
Yeah, bought the Be Mine 13 bundle for The Longest Journey (have only played Dreamfall and loved it) and bought Virtua Tennis 4 at GMG. :)

HATOFUL BOYFRIEND
http://www.devolverdigital.com/blog/view/mediatonic-and-devolver-digital-remake-hatoful

I no longer have to live a lie
PGYrFKy.png
I gotta look into this. Title's interesting.

Oh, that is awesome. Not that I have been much of a Dead Rising guy (did like what I played of the original), but more Xbox One games on PC the better. Here's hoping for Microsoft to bring over earlier GFWL titles like Viva Piñata.

Shit ton of releases. Also Dead Rising 3, Corpse Party, and Hatoful Boyfriend are coming to Steam.
A ton of releases? I only noticed theHunter on Steam. :)

Oh yeah, I see Xbox One PC drivers have also been released? Guess I'm waiting for the wireless dongle now.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, bought the Be Mine 13 bundle for The Longest Journey (have only played Dreamfall and loved it) and bought Virtua Tennis 4 at GMG. :)

Make sure to use the fixes here when you get around to playing The Longest Journey. Even with those few fixes, it's still slightly buggy and, as the page says, "relatively unfriendly." For example, whenever I stop playing it, I have to restart because my fonts will be completely screwed up due to the game.

Spencer said that news of Microsoft's renewed promise towards PC gaming probably wouldn't come from E3, so despite the Halo 2 tease don't be too disappointed if the MS presser comes and goes without mention of Windows (though that being said, the Halo 2 tease did follow said comment, so perhaps MS does have a little something something planned).

Isn't the MS presser an Xbox conf anyway? Like, it's called that way?

Valve would have dropped a little ARG by now if we were going to see L4D3. 2015 it is, I think.

Yep, if it were coming out this year, we would had some hints by now. They're focusing 100% on the International for now and the upcoming sale. It's going to be August when all is said is done. So, they'd have a couple of months between announcement and release. And I assume they'd also like to run a beta. Not to mention with a new engine introduction they'd probably travel around and talk about it too. So, next year it is, which also means unfortunately no Half-Life till '16 at least. Unless they'll package the two in one, which sounds unlikely, though according to the Jira leak there was quite the cross over between the teams.

Yakkue

Final Fantasy III is just damn hard.

I've played 7 hours so far, and managed to put 4 and a half hours into the game. Not having save points in the long dungeons kinda sucks sometimes, especially when you get to the end of the dungeon and the boss kills you.

If a boss is about to kill you, just exit the game with Alt+F4. When you continue the game after that, you will be right before the boss fight.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If a boss is about to kill you, just exit the game with Alt+F4. When you continue the game after that, you will be right before the boss fight.

Seriously? Wow that would have saved me a lot of time earlier. Thanks for the tip!

Myshkin

Hey GAF! Everything's gone to shit and I'm poor as fuck! Facilitate my delirum-induced purge of all material possessions by winning some Steam keys, huh?

Wow. I got Inquisitor Deluxe Edition. I finally get to live in the computer world the life I felt I was always destined to lead. Thank you.

Keep your upper lip stiff, Lord British!

dreamfall

I'm super excited about Dead Rising 3- hopefully we get a release date next week?

Also, did anyone buy an XBO controller? Trying to figure out if it's worth it after using a DS4 for the past couple months.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Isn't the MS presser an Xbox conf anyway? Like, it's called that way?

There's an Xbox@E3 banner ad on the Xbox site, but that's to be expected since it's, well, the Xbox site, and naturally there's no PC equivalent because the PC Marketplace is dead. There's also an #XboxE3 hashtag, but I assume it's just an extension of the aforementioned ad.

kudoboi

not related to steam but i guess ill just post this here

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Super Panda Adventures Desura -- MB-76093CE6104831CD - Taken by Jason Frost
Not sure if the desura key works

Also, Tiny & Big in Grandpa Leftovers have not been claimed

Final Fantasy III is just damn hard.

I've played 7 hours so far, and managed to put 4 and a half hours into the game. Not having save points in the long dungeons kinda sucks sometimes, especially when you get to the end of the dungeon and the boss kills you.

The game is as awesome as I remember though. I've never played this re-release, only the original Famicom version, so it's kind of blowing my mind how close to the 8-bit classic they made the game.

There were like 34 new releases today alone!

I played the DS version and there were some really challenging spots. One of the toughest FF games I've ever played.

Easily worth it for Expedition Conquistadors alone.

More like worth it for Rainblood alone. :)

I'm super excited about Dead Rising 3- hopefully we get a release date next week?

Also, did anyone buy an XBO controller? Trying to figure out if it's worth it after using a DS4 for the past couple months.

XB1 owner here. I tried the drivers and they work flawlessly, you can use the XB1 controller with any game that supports the 360 one

Tizoc

Come one come all~
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION Deluxe Edition -- MB-B64F4483536F6B37

t1402210719z1.png

Vuze

Well, if you want to stop messing around with the community drivers and like the Xbox layout, feel free to get one.
I played Giana Sisters, Alan Wake, Papo & Yo as well as Witcher 2 with the One-Controller using the official drivers and it works like a charm.
No worrying about if the game will recognize the controller, no use of additional software for Xinput - it really adds comfort coming from the DS3.

Do you just have to connect it with a micro usb cable to your PC ?

yep, install the drivers, plug the controller by using a simple micro-usb cable to your PC and the controller will vibrate when connected successfully.

Do you have to re-sync between X1 and PC everytime you switch ?

yep, you have to re-sync it to your XB1 later

How is the dpad. Tempted to get one for fighting games.

the dpad is much much better than the 360 controller one, there's no contest, though, that was an easy task lol

How is it compared to DualShock (or Wii Classic controller) though?

I haven't tried the Wii Classic controller, so I can't tell, but I've had DS3 controllers for quite some time. while I prefer much more the XB1 (for me it's the best controller atm), the dpad isn't as accurate because of the diagonals, which it's the only flaw in the dpad, and therefore in the controller itself.

Nabs

How is it compared to DualShock (or Wii Classic controller) though?

The Xbox One d-pad was pretty much designed as an inventory manager. It doesn't feel like something I'd play a 2D game with, but maybe that'll change with more time.

What a waste. ;)

It'll get more use then valves controller thats for sure :p

Yeah, probably. If I had to choose, I'd take the one with analog sticks.

this.

I'd love to grab RE:R and LP3 for cheap!

I've wanted to grab LP3 since last sale when I couldn't decide on it for $12 or so... I'd like a Capcom sale. I'd also like GMG to put up preorders for USF4.

The Xbox One d-pad was pretty much designed as an inventory manager. It doesn't feel like something I'd play a 2D game with, but maybe that'll change with more time.

Sounds about right.... 100m in research and it still doesn't have a good d-pad. :D
Do you have both DS4 and xbone controllers? How do they compare for you?

Tizoc

So following the link that Jase gave me to get Murdered SS to run at 60 FPS...it seems to unlock the framerate causing it to run up to 70 FPS lol.

Sounds about right.... 100m in research and it still doesn't have a good d-pad. :D
Do you have both DS4 and xbone controllers? How do they compare for you?

the dpad is not THAT bad, actually is much better than many may think before giving it a try. I have both controllers and I prefer the XB1 over the DS4 for many things: battery consumption, ergonomics, stick placement, sticks grip, ergonomics, triggers, rumble in triggers, and I even prefer the bumpers

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So following the link that Jase gave me to get Murdered SS to run at 60 FPS...it seems to unlock the framerate causing it to run up to 70 FPS lol.

Did you force vsync using Nvidia Inspector? If your system can't handle 60fps at all times then you'd be better off forcing vsync and triple buffering using RTSS (included with MSI Afterburner) as Nvidia's own option for triple buffering applies only to OpenGL.

the dpad is not THAT bad, actually is much better than many may think before giving it a try. I have both controllers and I prefer the XB1 over the DS4 for many things: battery consumption, ergonomics, stick placement, sticks grip, ergonomics, triggers, rumble in triggers, and I even prefer the bumpers

And what did you think of DS3 or DS4 vs x360 controller?

Tizoc

Did you force vsync using Nvidia Inspector? If your system can't handle 60fps at all times then you'd be better off forcing vsync and triple buffering using RTSS (included with MSI Afterburner) as Nvidia's own option for triple buffering applies only to OpenGL.

Oh I haven't done that yet, will try it out.
Triple buffering might cause graphics glitches but otherwise...cutscenes being 30 FPS are very jarring yeesh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom