• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santiako

This thread moves way too fast, it's the first day of the month and it's already on page 6.

edit: frack, page 7 with this.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm interested in it so it's guaranteed to be terrible.

I'm also looking forward to it, hope it isn't terrible.

Also, Enhanced Steam updates might be slow for about a week after Divinity: Original Sin releases. :)

Indiegala linky thingies.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tobe's Vertical Adventure -- MB-12AEC4998673277E - Taken by doctorcdcs
The Cat Lady -- MB-8CEA55D7D3F7D294 - Taken by Diedac

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Then he'd be called out as a Divinity Shill.

Divine Divinity is one of the best games in the genre - top 3 of all time, at least.

Seriously though, I feel like being a gamer (and Steam user) is an important part of the Enhanced Steam creative process. I definitely don't want to lose touch with that.

Shade

Thanks Shade for Cargo :D

Thanks for The Void Shade. ;)

Damn, thanks Shade for the game! Dont usually win these.

Thanks for Crayon Physics Deluxe. :)

Thanks Shade for Commandos! :)

Thanks for The Stars Are Left DLC.

Thank you for Superbrothers Sword & Sworcery EP!

Thanks for World of Goo! :)

Yes. Thanks. Gonna go collect my Franklin Badge.

Thanks for Waking Mars, Shade. Been interested in it since someone posted favorable impressions in last month's Steam thread.

Thanks for DEADLIGHT, its been on my steam wishlist for a while

Thanks for the giveaway, Shade! :)

Thanks for Shank 2 Shade!

Thanks for Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet!

ty for intrusion 2, shade!

Thanks for Mark of the Ninja!

thanks for bit trip runner, only got the second game

Thanks for Dear Esther. I think I won because it's my birthday!

Thanks for SpaceChem Shade, was untaken from your giveaway a while back.

Thanks Shade :)

No problem, hope you guys enjoy them!

A few games left here that still need a home.

Edit:
Thanks for Cave Story + :)

Claimed Tiny and Big, thank you :)

No problem!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
After 39 hours, I think I'm done with Watch_Dogs. Did everything except the multiplayer-related stuff (only did 1 race and wasn't interested in waiting around for lobbies to fill) and a couple of the mini-games like poker. Of the stuff I did do, I liked everything except for the CTOS timer activities (hate timers) and a couple of the contract mission types that just felt like they didn't make much sense or just weren't fun. I really enjoyed my time with it overall though, it was a perfect way to start the summer break.

Gangxxter

Man, I've forgotten how much fun Serious Sam 1 is! Played the original back in 2005 and today I started to play the HD remake.

Only complain I have about that game is that there is no sprint key. Would be very handy since the levels are quite large and the goodies are often hidden somewhere in the outer corners of the level.

Santiako

Divine Divinity is one of the best games in the genre - top 3 of all time, at least.

Seriously though, I feel like being a gamer (and Steam user) is an important part of the Enhanced Steam creative process. I definitely don't want to lose touch with that.

Yeah, I think DD is the best non-Diablo game of the genre, and it's not nostalgia because I just played it for the first time last month.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Man, I've forgotten how much fun Serious Sam 1 is! Played the original back in 2005 and today I started to play the HD remake.

Only complain I have about that game is that there is no sprint key. Would be very handy since the levels are quite large and the goodies are often hidden somewhere in the outer corners of the level.

If it's any consolation, there is a sprint button in Serious Same 3.

kulapik

Been playing Tiny & Big today for a bit, and it's very fun, the "cut things à la MG Rising" mechanic is very good and the music is groovy as fuck.

inm8num2

This thread moves way too fast, it's the first day of the month and it's already on page 6.

edit: frack, page 7 with this.

I wish it were just on page 7! :p

(I'm 50 posts/page, not 100)

And wow, Gods Will Be Watching looks great. I think I'd heard of it before, but I didn't realize it was a retro-styled point and click adventure.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Is the sale gonna be June or July? I need to know when to go bankrupt and get ramen.

Probably in July, since it was in July last year.

jshackles

Is the sale gonna be June or July? I need to know when to go bankrupt and get ramen.

Probably in July, since it was in July last year.

All I know is that developers and publishers have until June 12th to enter their Summer Sale pricing information. So likely either late June or early July.

Zeliard

After 39 hours, I think I'm done with Watch_Dogs. Did everything except the multiplayer-related stuff (only did 1 race and wasn't interested in waiting around for lobbies to fill) and a couple of the mini-games like poker. Of the stuff I did do, I liked everything except for the CTOS timer activities (hate timers) and a couple of the contract mission types that just felt like they didn't make much sense or just weren't fun. I really enjoyed my time with it overall though, it was a perfect way to start the summer break.

Shoulda done the online tailing/hacking. You missed the best part of the game!

First giveaway, please be gentle ;)

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (someguyinahat, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dungeons of Dredmor -- MB-DA0FE62A6CA9B38E - Taken by Maxwood. 2 entrants total.

t1401639599z1.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Shoulda done the online tailing/hacking. You missed the best part of the game!

I got tailed once and the guys horrendous connection prevented me from stopping him and I decided to ignore it after that. It just felt frustrating with him being able to rubberband out of my grasp.

Thanks again Dupy for Assassin's Creed IV!

I wanted to know something about Uplay games that aren't from Steam. Is there some way I can boot directly into the game from Steam (for couch gaming)?

So far I get Uplay everytime I start the game and need a mouse/keyboard to navigate.

Edit: Nevermind. I can actually control Uplay with the controller :eek:

So who's ready for Mortal Kombat X?

If they don't fuck it up, I'm in.
I was ready to try Injustice after the blast I had with MK9... but then I played the demo. I bought it on sale, but I still haven't brought myself to play it since I'm not a huge fan and everything about it just makes me want to play MK9 instead.

heads up for owners of Battlepaths via indiegala (was in indiegala supreme bundle), desura doesnt link a key in the usual desura/collection page (as they do if you bought the debut 2 indieroyale bundle... dont ask me why) but if you actually launch the game via desura (its small so wont take long) the game actually says you need a steam account to play it (aparently its steamworks lol) and gives you the steam key

I can confirm this works. Now im wondering what other games this works for...

What if I own both?
Can I get 2 keys somehow? Do I do your method first and then see if I can get a different key off the "collection" type page?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
All I know is that developers and publishers have until June 12th to enter their Summer Sale pricing information. So likely either late June or early July.

I'd guess July 10th (four weeks after the deadline).

I wanted to know something about Uplay games that aren't from Steam. Is there some way I can boot directly into the game from Steam (for couch gaming)?

So far I get Uplay everytime I start the game and need a mouse/keyboard to navigate.

Uplay has supported controllers for several months now. You need a kb&m at first so you can register your key, obviously, but in future instances Uplay will automatically start the chosen game and you can exit the client using a controller.

Edit: Oh, I misread "aren't" as "are". I imagine Uplay proper functions similarly, though.

Milamber

I'm pretty sure uPlay button prompts turn into 360 control prompts if you have a controller plugged in.

Benedict

"New" thread and new giveaway. This time only one game.

Cryostatis_Sleep_of_Reason.jpg

Cryostasis, no longer available on Steam. This code should work, but I can't guarantee it since it's been quite some time since I got it.
Also trying out this megagivers thingie.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cryostasis -- MB-E756D33AD4D9DABA - Taken by crazyrabbits. 38 entrants total.

t1401726309z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If they don't fuck it up, I'm in.
I was ready to try Injustice after the blast I had with MK9... but then I played the demo. I bought it on sale, but I still haven't brought myself to play it since I'm not a huge fan and everything about it just makes me want to play MK9 instead.

What if I own both?
Can I get 2 keys somehow? Do I do your method first and then see if I can get a different key off the "collection" type page?

usually shit activated on desura youll only get 1 key, "thats how they get ya". but in that case, I would do the indieroyale one first since that gives a key on the desura/collection page, and then see if the key the game gives you when you start is different

or make 2 desura accounts i guess

Ionic

Cryostasis, no longer available on Steam. This code should work, but I can't guarantee it since it's been quite some time since I got it.

Great giveaway. I urge whoever wins to play through the full game as it is incredibly unique and a completely overlooked experience. Be warned that it is poorly optimized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom