• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Authority

Banned
The Forest gameplay: Our first life (and death) in the wilds
Gameplay

The Forest is one of the more punishing survival games we've played recently — partially because of its cannabilistic inhabitants, but also because, due to its Early Access nature, it's still a bit rough around the edges. If you're curious about the game, which shot to the top of the Steam charts following its release earlier today, you can check out our first attempt at The Forest in the video above. Spoiler alert: It does not end well. Or begin well, for that matter. In the whole video, nothing especially "well" happens to us.

Nielsen survey of gaming time shows consoles overtaking PC again
1400611277471.jpg

The newest generation of consoles account for 4 percent of Americans' gaming time according to research from the ratings firm Nielsen, with time spent on PC games dipping below consoles overall again.

Meanwhile, mobile gaming, whether on tablets or smartphones, showed the most growth among users ages 13 or older, Nielsen found. Mobile gaming accounts for more than 6 hours a week of gaming time, a 12 percent increase from the 5.6 hours per week calculated by the same survey in 2012.

Among all gaming segments, the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii accounted for the greatest percentage of playing time at 34 percent. PC gaming accounted for 33 percent of gamers' time. Both figures declined from the 2012 survey, further evidence of mobile gaming's rise and appeal to all gamers.

In fact, the percentage of console gamers who say they also game on mobiles and tablets went up from 46 percent to 50 percent.

PC had been the leader in the share of overall gaming time in the previous survey — 39 percent to consoles' 37 percent in 2012. The addition of three new consoles in 2013 may have helped consoles, but in 2011 consoles also led PC with on seventh-generation hardware only, 41 to 38 percent.

Overall, time spent playing video games on any platform has risen, from 5.6 hours in 2012 to 6.3 hours in the latest survey. Almost 2 out of 3 Americans, or 64 percent, play video games on some device, though that figure has held steady the past four years.

The Nielsen data was based on a survey of more than 2,000 consumers in the U.S. The survey was taken in late 2013 and early this year.

Original Source: http://www.nielsen.com/us/en/newswire/2014/multi-platform-gaming-for-the-win.html

Kifimbo

This is still available, I think.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Little Inferno -- MB-FECDC97A804E02E4

Authority

Banned
RDCC71W.png

Really dig the new Firefox. If anyone is interested these are the extra stuff I used

Appearance - FT Deep Dark 10.3.6
Extension - The Fox, Only Better 1.0.10

gabbo

"New" thread and new giveaway. This time only one game.

Cryostatis_Sleep_of_Reason.jpg

Cryostasis, no longer available on Steam. This code should work, but I can't guarantee it since it's been quite some time since I got it.
Also trying out this megagivers thingie.

Damn. Now this is a give away. Enjoy this whoever wins, definitely worth the play through.

According to my loot email, I've given away 137(!) games. I actually thought it was much less (around 60 or so).

Kind of surprised by that, but happy all the same.

kudoboi

nobody claimed this yet from last year
I don't think anyone wants it anyways
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Battle Group Desura -- MB-C74962FB3A165DF4

Pachimari

I'm streaming TheHunter right now. Mind you it's my first time playing and I don't have a webcam until tomorrow. I'm playing it with everything maxed out.

Twitch.

Anteater

I convinced my friend to try RE6 because I keep hearing pretty good things about its mechanics, he gave it a try from his friend's library and liked it, so he ended up buying it from gmg with his playfire credits just so he could play coop with his friend.

I've actually never played re6, now i get to play it from his library.

all according to sudoku

RRPebZG.jpg

if i enjoy it i'll make my other friend buy it in the next sale for coop, thanks family sharing!

Cryostasis, no longer available on Steam. This code should work, but I can't guarantee it since it's been quite some time since I got it.

I always wanted to try this game. I might even qualify for this giveaway. Thank you, I'll try my luck.

Tellaerin

The "my loot" command now generates a list of all the tiles that you've given away.

Edit: I'm useless today.

Bah. You're never useless, man. No matter what happens, we can always count on you to bring the Saoirse joy. : )

I convinced my friend to try RE6 because I keep hearing pretty good things about its mechanics, he gave it a try from his friend's library and liked it, so he ended up buying it from gmg with his playfire credits just so he could play coop with his friend.

I've actually never played re6, now i get to play it from his library.

all according to sudoku

RRPebZG.jpg

if i enjoy it i'll make my other friend buy it in the next sale for coop, thanks family sharing!

And people were worried that family sharing would encourage people to buy less games. Looks like the opposite to me! >.>

AHA-Lambda

Wooo, impressive giveaway :O

I've actually got it, pretty decent and a little different :)

Authority

Banned
Great news regarding Stalker,

Liberated: GSC Game World ditches GameSpy in all S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games
stalker-shadow-of-chernobyl-8.jpg

Fans of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. rejoice: GSC Game World has just released a patch to each S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game that replaces the now defunct GameSpy with their own servers. Steam users will receive patches for each game automatically, while the rest will have to manually download a patch from the official S.T.A.L.K.E.R. website.

If you didn’t buy your copies from Steam, you’ll need to head over to here to download the new patch for each S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game: Shadow of Chernobyl, Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat.

Further instructions ask that players create their new profiles within “Call of Pripyat”, and reminds users that while the online functionality has been saved, the game statistics couldn’t.

So it's a fresh start for everyone!

Credits to PCGamesN

Pachimari

Is streaming to twich via shadowplay easy to set up?
Does twitch automatically archive your streams?
Yes. Just start up GeForce Experience, open ShadowPlay in the top right corner, and click on the power button. You can then choose Twitch in Mode. You need to log into your account as well.

TheHunter is a great game if you're into that sort of stuff.

It's super awesome and very pretty so far. I'm only tired of my character's breathing.
I killed a rabbit as my first kill but when I attempted to shoot the deer, I realized I didn't have a license hehe.

Apology for no camera and voice, hopefully I can get that with a webcam tomorrow.

To anyone watching, is there any game sound on my stream?

maneil99

Was looking at my loot, I have 2 intrusion 2's, I put both keys into this giveaway, one of them should work
ModBot said:
Instructions for maneil99:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Intrusion 2 -- MB-6BF6C93033ECA3FD - Taken by Evrain

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
b6698397feda246a510629229b73de78ba60a6fb.jpg

I played Cryostasis earlier this year, and it was actually much better than I was anticipating. I'm not going to write full thoughts on it as you can't buy it anymore so there's not much of a point, but the game does a good job at introducing new elements, goes in very unexpected directions, and had some definite stand-out moments and a few good scary elements here and there.

To best describe it would be to say imagine BioShock combined with Echo Night combined with Condemned. It doesn't pull off all of its ideas successfully, but it did much better than I expected in other areas. And again, I was legitimately impressed the game managed to introduce new things all the way through to the end of the game.

It's optimized to shit unfortunately, but I think it's a horror game worth played, and an underlooked rough gem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom