• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drakhyrr

Lets join in the fun.

Sorry these games aren't too amazing but it's free right? Went through my Humble Bundles and thought people would get more fun out of these than I would.

No idea how good some of these games are. No restrictions on entry because I'm sure most people already have them.

Thanks for beatbuddy!

And it's about time for me to learn how to use Modbot. Let's see...

Lets join in the fun.

Sorry these games aren't too amazing but it's free right? Went through my Humble Bundles and thought people would get more fun out of these than I would.

No idea how good some of these games are. No restrictions on entry because I'm sure most people already have them.

Thank you very much for Dead Space :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
prune prune prune, most of those people are deadbeats anyway

I don't like to delete people unless they added me specifically to bother me about trading something or their presence on my list was due to a "grey market" purchase (buying or selling) and I no longer need them. You could say I collect friends, too. :p

The other week I had someone offer me some Dota 2 item worth 36c for my Genuine F2P Collector's Pack.

Sarcasm

Lets join in the fun.

Thanks for the stronghold =D

Lets join in the fun.

Thank for Batman Enco! Really looking forward to playing it

Enco

No problem guys!

I was never going to get around to playing them so glad someone will benefit from my reckless buying :lol

For the next page. It's first come first serve now.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Enco:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 23 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Offspring Fling -- MB-BD12F49A8D20738C - Taken by Original Famous Ray. 1 entrants total.
Magical Diary -- MB-1987C0CE591636A6 - Taken by cardinalmind. 3 entrants total.
Fez -- MB-ED7D7E202C176D8A - Taken by Garteal. 1 entrants total.
Age of Wonders Shadow Magic -- MB-F91D6DC6066F92D4 - Taken by Servizio. 2 entrants total.
Dead Space -- MB-2EEE0A158E916B45 - Taken by lucebuce12. 1 entrants total.
Warhammer 40000 Dawn of War -- MB-8C98A365981431CA - Taken by awwyeahgurrl. 3 entrants total.
Starseed Pilgrim -- MB-F12C03438853EE83 - Taken by More_Badass. 3 entrants total.
VVVVVVV -- MB-12A4B3A7A86DA916
Gotham City Impostors Professional Kit -- MB-B279074BE95B81CD - Taken by Deques. 1 entrants total.
LOTR Online Steely Dawn Start Pack -- MB-D531A5D511B1281C
Guardians of Middle earth -- MB-609DF7535C998D2D
Beatbuddy -- MB-07B3E2032A47EAEA - Taken by Drakhyrr. 1 entrants total.
Monaco -- MB-631F2C17924E1315 - Taken by schroddycat. 2 entrants total.
Guardians of Middle-earth Smaug Treasure DLC -- MB-D3B90CE2A21E3FFC
Giana Sisters -- MB-11403C7AC14C0765
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-C3518DB356C7927B - Taken by ItsGeeMcGee. 2 entrants total.
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 -- MB-6A7E154525EF0369 - Taken by Catshade. 2 entrants total.
Planet Stronghold -- MB-D1C2761E10BD90B9 - Taken by Sarcasm. 1 entrants total.
Age of Wonders -- MB-78F95FF7D3B45855 - Taken by Evrain. 2 entrants total.
Batman Arkham Origins DLC -- MB-AC638B79069D1474 - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
Puzzle Bots -- MB-89738E5E94688E24
Planet Stronghold DLC -- MB-D1CAA8B987A3113A
Beyond Divinity -- MB-2813EC5939B65A96 - Taken by Hesemonni. 3 entrants total.

t1402151510z1.png

FloatOn

The injustice story mode is pretty...... Stupid?

Surely that's the right word for this corny drama. (It's not the good corny drama like MK9)

Ryne

Surely that's the right word for this corny drama. (It's not the good corny drama like MK9)

It really is, absolutely hated it. Main reason I gave that game away to my brother.

That bundlecentral bundle only has one game I want - Mirage. Locked at 4.99, I might as well wait to see if it will be bundled later on with other games I might like.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
isnt Journey of a Roach supposed to be cool too?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Yeah, I just don't think stories for a game like Injustice are worth the effort. The narrative back flips required to work within the gameplay restraints are just... eh.

Firebrand

If anyone still wants a Dirty Bomb beta key:
ModBot said:
To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dirty Bomb beta (Not Steam!) -- MB-218F7BB297C95599

t1402153709z1.png
Closed beta under NDA, requires a Nexon account and client software (http://dirtybomb.nexon.net/Instruction).

Drakhyrr

That was the fourth game I've got here, I think, and I barely even post. Time for a little payback.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Serious Sam 3 BFE -- MB-FE1FD2C19DF9D381 - Taken by Gangxxter. 3 entrants total.
Sanctum Collection -- MB-8097C8BAEFE10756 - Taken by nature boy. 4 entrants total.
Zeno Clash -- MB-E6C24EC8D97B6D73 - Taken by BHK3
Clive Barkers Jericho -- MB-94A41333B9384E35 - Taken by cardinalmind. 5 entrants total.
Killing Floor -- MB-F7580519039807B4 - Taken by Shadowlink. 3 entrants total.

t1402154094z1.png

Enco

Monaco isn't working :(
Hmm.. got a PM saying that schroddycat got it so maybe he applied first?

Or maybe Modbot is messing up. Not sure.

I'll wait it out a bit and see if Modbot sorts it out. If it's still messed up I can try PM you the link.

_hekk05

Banned
Hmm.. got a PM saying that schroddycat got it so maybe he applied first?

Or maybe Modbot is messing up. Not sure.

I'll wait it out a bit and see if Modbot sorts it out. If it's still messed up I can try PM you the link.

Stump says its not ModBot messing up, just that its slow. Code will eventually be sent to the person who won it, just gotta be patient

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Witcher 3 gets a huge banner for...a pre order?

well ok then

edit: Witcher 3 shows up at 37.99€ for me, down from 59.99€, price mistake? And 59.99€ starting to be the trend for new PC games is horrible

Dr Dogg

Two Journey of a Roach unclaimed on the last page.

And Witcher 3 pre-purchase is up on Steam. http://store.steampowered.com/app/292030

Yeah just noticed this too. Says prepurchase and get -10% off but for me it's showing RRP £49.99 and discounted to £29.99. That's a little more than -10% off if that's the case.

Ah I see! It's 10% off for everyone and an extra 5% for owners of the first or second but that's still more than 15% off.

Rhaknar

I should pre order Witcher just to force myself to upgrade my computer late this year/early next

derExperte

Yeah just noticed this too. Says prepurchase and get -10% off but for me it's showing RRP £49.99 and discounted to £29.99. That's a little more than -10% off if that's the case.

Do you own W1 and 2?

edit: Hm, I only own 2 and it's still 59,99€ -> 40,99€, so over -30%. Maybe a mistake.

Drakhyrr

I only have TW2 and I get 15% off on the pre-order. Will I get 20% off if I get The Witcher 1? Because I intend to get it on Steam anyway, though I've played it from GOG.

Tellaerin

I don't care about hardness. I just don't like games that pressure me on time. I never have, and I never will. Even in games where it doesn't ultimately matter at all, like The Walking Dead, I drop them forever. If I play co-op with someone who likes to run ahead, I won't play with them anymore. "Do not pressure me on time" is big with me and I don't give a single fuck about any design philosophy. Will I rather avoid a game and not rag on it if I see time limits? Yes. But I was never told about the ghost by the five hundred people who told me to get the game over like half a year, and then I discovered it within 10 minutes of buying it; an incredibly fundamental design principle. Therefore, I will always feel complete liberty to bitch about it if the ghost itself happens to come up in discussion. :p

To be fair, this extreme aversion to time limits in games that you have isn't exactly a common thing. If we're talking about recommendations from people who knew you well, then sure, I can understand you being annoyed that nobody mentioned it. But the average person's probably not going to bring it up because it's not a potential deal breaker to them. I mean, it's a pretty common mechanic, dating back to stuff like Evil Otto showing up in Berzerk if you hang around a board for too long (if not earlier - that's the first one I can remember off the top of my head.) Not saying that this makes mechanics like this any better or worse, just that they're largely taken as a given by a lot of people, which is why I don't think anyone warned you.

Hesemonni

Banned
Quite possibly the greatest giveaway in NeoGAF's history right here folks:
ModBot said:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Journey of a Roach -- MB-D7E856FEC61EF86C - Taken by Santiako

Dr Dogg

I should pre order Witcher just to force myself to upgrade my computer late this year/early next

Do you own W1 and 2?

edit: Hm, I only own 2 and it's still 59,99€ -> 40,99€, so over -30%. Maybe a mistake.

Looks like either a pricing error or a description error for us Euro folk. Though looking at the db entry it's about €20/£17 in Russia and it doesn't look like it's region locked yet.

http://steamdb.info/app/292030/

Ah I see! It's 10% off for everyone and an extra 5% for owners of the first or second but that's still more than 15% off.

Yeah I'm getting 20% off here, own both games. Takes it down to US$47.99 which is a hell of a lot better than AUS$80.99 on GOG with $20+ of credits thrown in. I'm sure the AUS tax will kick in at some point.

_hekk05

Banned
So many people recommending journey of a roach, I entered for a giveaway.

This isn't a bad rats kinda thing rite? Rite?

Rhaknar

guess Im not so greedy afterall... maybe now I can play whatever the fuck I want without being stalked? would be nice...yes, it would :/

Anyway... dat Trish!

acmnme.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -- MB-67D243A78DD82258

t1402165480z1.png

witcher3vnf7l.gif

Tomodachi

I know I might be alone in this but I'd like to say something. I think that modbot completely changed this thread for me. Don't get me wrong, I think it's probably the most amazing thing here on gaf, for so many different reasons, and I've even used it one time to give stuff and a couple times to receive. It's amazing.

The issue for me is that this thread (I love the new format btw) has become 75% posts about modbot giveaways and 25% about steam sales, games, impressions and so on. I don't have a lot of time to browse the most active threads on gaf, but I miss when I was able to do that and especially steam-gaf, my favourite one. Now it's really hard for me to keep up with sales outside of steam, new games, suggestions, impressions from people whose insight I trusted (even if they probably don't even recognize me, I didn't post a lot) because of the sheer size of discussion about giveaways.
Even if I don't really follow those I don't want giveaways gone, of course not. I was just thinking they might get their own thread, or there could be a modbot thread, or something. I also know that modbot ensures that people contributing to the community get the games so maybe it would be hard to have a thread for giveaways, that is true. There could be some sort of limit, or an automatic giveaway taking place every week with the submissions of all week in a dedicated thread or even here, but discouraging all the endless posts with thanks (PMs could be used for that).

I don't feel like I'm in the place to say something like this as well, given that I don't really contribute to the thread in any form (especially now) but it just hit me and I wanted to say it. Don't be too harsh if you don't agree please :) I don't even know if this "criticism" has already been made; because of what I said earlier, I really have a hard time following the thread nowadays, so I'm even more sorry if you already discussed this to tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom