• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That's an amazingly generous giveaway Rhaknar, one which I won't be entering but you couldn't have chosen a better game to give away imo, hats off to you, sir.

what if its shit? you dont know!

A pre-purchase period of 9 months completely smashes Thi4f's previous record of 5.

Edit: Haha, it's already the third-highest seller.

I was about to ask what was the longest pre-purchase period. Wish there was an early demo or the first act as an incentive to purchase but I guess they don't need one.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Is TW3 cheaper in Russialand? Iirc the previous games were region locked or something

Edit: Looked it up myself, it's not apparently

Lain

guess Im not so greedy afterall... maybe now I can play whatever the fuck I want without being stalked? would be nice...yes, it would :/

Anyway... dat Trish!

acmnme.gif

witcher3vnf7l.gif

I'd love to be stalked, as long as they do so from a distance and take their time in turning full yandere on my ass.
Anyways, great giveaway.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
best I buy it for myself too before im tempted to enter my own giveaway o_O

(can you even do that lol?)

lol, Well, if that happens life won't be worth living anymore will it?

no, no it wouldnt :(

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Found out I had a spare woodle. Someone feel free to take it. It's very sticky.

This will only make sense if you've played the game, like I have on Desura.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Woodle Tree -- MB-7A39EFEC4AB94D28 - Taken by DexterPepper. 10 entrants total.

t1402157560z1.png

Tellaerin

someone was giving me shit on steam the other day for winning Transistor and only playing Marvel and called me greedy for it

Im still salty about it :p

Dude, seriously? You're outrageously generous. Nobody should be giving you shit (unless they were just teasing about your Marvel addiction to bust your chops or something. ; ) )

guess Im not so greedy afterall... maybe now I can play whatever the fuck I want without being stalked? would be nice...yes, it would :/

Anyway... dat Trish!

acmnme.gif

witcher3vnf7l.gif

Thanks for the giveaway.

I like how Valve is now advertising games that will come to SteamOS/Linux in the future.

Gangxxter

[...] I also share concerns expressed before that people just putting empty thanks posts are not really thanking people, but rather just clogging up the thread, and so it'd be great if those got put in PM or whatever. [...]
Does that mean, "Thanks"-posts without any other contributions are not welcome here?

I'm still pretty new to the whole ModBot game and when I read through the rules, I stumbled upon this option: "PMTHANKS: This will include a little bit of instruction text asking the user to PM you with thanks instead of posting in the thread. Of course it is non-binding."

Because of this option I assumed, it's actually encouraged to say thanks in this thread, reinforced by the ModBot message you receive when you won something (which says you should take your time and thank the giver).

I agree that mere "thanks"-post here are only clogging up the thread. Therefore I think it would be best to make the "PMTHANKS" option mandatory for every giveaway and make an extra rule which says that PMs should be used for thanks instead of public posts.

PS: Thanks Enco for FEAR! Must be my lucky day today, two games within a few hours, wow!

Rhaknar

Dude, seriously? You're outrageously generous. Nobody should be giving you shit (unless they were just teasing about your Marvel addiction to bust your chops or something. ; ) )

Actually Corrosivefrost teased me, and hes not the one im talking about, this was someone else and he was serious. I went back and forth a bit and then couldnt be arsed and removed him from friends. I didnt recognize the name from Gaf but I assumed it was a gaffer since, well, I did win transistor the other day and only a gaffer would know (or a hardcore lurker I guess)

It doesnt matter anyway, all that matters is the hunt o_O

rtcn63

I pray that the combat is W3 is more accessible than the previous two. I just don't have that level of hardcore and sticking-with-it coded into my peasant DNA.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Does that mean, "Thanks"-posts without any other contributions are not welcome here?

No, not at all. That was just me expressing my personal opinion that in aggregate sometimes the thanks-only posts clog up the thread. Not to suggest that anyone is wrong for doing so. Obviously I could make the PMTHANKS thing the default or delete the posts if I felt strongly about it from an administrative POV.

Anteater

Yes and then those posts get made into threads on GAF giving the impression they're only on PS.

Yea I wish topic posters would research and post what platforms the games are on instead of their favorite platform, would make it easier for everyone. Some of the threads would probably get more attentions too if people know the game is actually on the platform they own.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Actually Corrosivefrost teased me, and hes not the one im talking about, this was someone else and he was serious. I went back and forth a bit and then couldnt be arsed and removed him from friends. I didnt recognize the name from Gaf but I assumed it was a gaffer since, well, I did win transistor the other day and only a gaffer would know (or a hardcore lurker I guess)

There's no way he's a GAF'er. Anyone from GAF can tell you we don't play games, we collect them!

Rhaknar

RIDE TO HELL

legit excited

edit: wait what the fuck, I could sware I saw a ride to hell giveaway?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is TW3 cheaper in Russialand? Iirc the previous games were region locked or something

-10% discount: $27.43, so $28.50/$29 or 15 keys (14 if you're lucky)
-15% discount: $25.91, so $27 or 14 keys
-20% discount: $24.39, so $25.50/$26 or 13 keys

rtcn63

Modbot is not a fan of FFVIII, I see. My cousin played it back on PSX, all I saw was "junction junction what's your function?" (The answer being more junctioning) I don't think I ever made it past the first two summons.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think there is an important psychological difference that keeps modbot giveaways in here over pushing them to their own thread. As Stump said, modbot giveaways build up the community in here; it's an extension of the relationships we have from discussing Steam-related topics. A dedicated modbot thread wouldn't have that. Instead it would be purely about taking someone's spare keys.

And this is coming from a person who is pretty hardcore about keeping the Steam thread about Steam-related topics and not just letting it become the PC OT.

The_Monk

Meus Deus, Rhaknar.

---

As for the talk about Modbot, I think this thread have all sorts of talks. From modbot talk, to celebrities talk, random gifs and so on it's more than one topic that may not fit in the thread, however I've seen this in a long time during these threads. Almost everyone, at some point, did a bit off topic in here, talking about food, console gaming, music, etc.

Every time I finished a game I post here my impressions. Some might care others don't and I always read what others have to say regarding a game I might be interested in. That's the best part of Steam thread, feedback about games.

someone was giving me shit on steam the other day for winning Transistor and only playing Marvel and called me greedy for it

Im still salty about it :p

What, seriously? Was he a GAFfer? That's not nice. :(

Gangxxter

What? FEAR is 17 GB in size on Steam? I thought it came on only one DVD back in the day? 17 GB is pretty huge for a game from 2005.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Thanks for the giveaway! I'm throwing my hat in the ring. :)

And obviously you should play whatever you like. The greatest perk of having a large Steam library (for me) is that you're free to play whatever you're in the mood for,
even if it's free to play
so calling you out for not playing Transistor is kind of a dick move. I'm sure you entered the giveaway with the intention of playing it eventually, and you really should because it's one of the best games to come out so far this year.

There's no way he's a GAF'er. Anyone from GAF can tell you we don't play games, we collect them!

lol, pretty much this.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, Witcher 3 on Steam has no region locks?

For now. The sub is universal, so there'll be no nasty surprises such as language restrictions, but the gifting/trading restriction could be added at any moment and it affects unused gifts, so best be quick.

As for all this The Witcher 3 buzz, the anticipation is compelling me to jump in now, but I really should wait until after the Summer Sale. I could enter the giveaway, of course, but despite the fact I'd actually play the game it still wouldn't feel right for some reason.

Ryne

For now. The sub is universal, so there'll be no nasty surprises such as language restrictions, but the gifting/trading restriction could be added at any moment and it affects unused gifts, so best be quick.

Thanks for the info, need to hop on this fast.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Speaking of anonymous giveaways, would the person who just did the anonymous giveaway with the Desura games please re-submit if it doesn't get posted in the next few minutes? I think the thing I was testing messed up your giveaway.

Myshkin

No, not at all. That was just me expressing my personal opinion that in aggregate sometimes the thanks-only posts clog up the thread. Not to suggest that anyone is wrong for doing so. Obviously I could make the PMTHANKS thing the default or delete the posts if I felt strongly about it from an administrative POV.

I think PMTHANKS should be the default. Likewise for SHORTRAFFLE.
Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom