• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Anyone want a 50% off Mutant Mudds voucher?

what's this 3 dollar mario galaxy

ss_749e638f56b0f827df0e7ee5b9c71584713de93d.1920x1080.jpg

ss_d590a8df8e7c891b607b15249548ae32e87ec320.1920x1080.jpg

ss_5ed35c713476516041330d2066cac36cbdac8e7b.1920x1080.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/299460/
Oh I think I have this on Desura.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
You must hate a whole lot of games.
Many have fallen by this standard, yes, but if it's just like a section of the game it can be tolerable, but not if it's real bad like say... the dark maze of rooms in Vagrant Story.

I just hope not Zelda - Majora's Mask... :/
Never played it, but it's my understanding that there is no real pressure, you just rewind back and then do more progress based on what was established in the last go? Like a way, way, way less obnoxious Breath of Fire 5, or perhaps like the movie Groundhog Day in a sense. I'll probably check it out when it's ported to 3DS.

Bed time.

Kiru

Never played it, but it's my understanding that there is no real pressure, you just rewind back and then do more progress based on what was established in the last go? Like a way, way, way less obnoxious Breath of Fire 5, or perhaps like the movie Groundhog Day in a sense. I'll probably check it out when it's ported to 3DS.

Good for you. Some people are even annoyed by that. :D Yeah if you think you may run out of time in a temple, just rewind back and do it then. You have to know the daily routines of everyone for some sidequests though, if you mess up somewhere you have to repeat it all. It's a wonderful game. Would rank it veeeery high in my favorite Zelda games list.

fantomena

Rendering my about 14 min video of Rise of Nations EX in Sony Vegas. Im going through lots of stuff and modes. Stay tuned!

My friends have seen it and says my voice is great. Still, I think my voice is horrible. :p

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Sequence by Gaffer Feep.

Ah yeah I have this, free GAF game :D

Sequence as mentioned
Frederic: Resurrection of Music. A resurrected Frederic Chopin comes to beat all.
BeatBlasters III
KickBeat, a kung fu action game to the music.
Retro/Grade , a shoot-em-up based off rhythm.
Space Channel 5 Part 2 , SEGA classic give or take the Michael Jackson influence.

The Cave while holding promise, never really lives up to how good it could have been. Go with Castle of Illusion if you want a fun platformer and if you have memories of the original.
Might want to upvote these two on Greenlight. Also, Rhythm Destruction finally got greenlit in one of the latest batches.

Sequence was surprisingly great.

I'll check those out.

They exist, but I've never really played any of them, so I can't recommend any. I have heard good things about the Bit.Trip games and Sequence, though.

The rhythm tag should help you.

Hmm some feel "non-traditional" in a sense. I want something like DDR or Pop'n Music

I want Pop'n Music in Steam, Konami :(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It seems coupons earned from crafting now only last a week, down from two. Here's one I earned this past Monday (June 2nd):

And here's one I earned just several minutes ago (June 7th):

Of course the obvious speculation is that the Summer sale is starting sometime in the next two weeks ie the 19th.

gabbo

So, I just noticed this last night, but all of my installed Tools are for whatever reason showing up in my Installed Games' list. Anyone know why this is happening?

Mortal Kombat Komplete Kollection impressions:

This game is great...and I am horrible. I've really been enjoying the story mode thus far - I like how it explains some of the differences in character designs from one game to the next. I do wish the game had pausable cutscenes though. I had to go at the end of chapter 11, tried to pause the cutscene and come back to it later, but it skipped it and all of a sudden there's Stryker, who hadn't been in the story at all up to that point. I went to youtube later to see what I'd missed. If games are so adamant about being cinematic, why can't we pause/rewind/fast forward cutscenes like we can movies? But that's an argument for another day.

I'm playing on a keyboard (arrow keys and keypad, with only a couple of keys outside them, so that's not too bad) and my fingers are kinda sore. I'm tempted to plug in my DS3 but I'm concerned that I'd have to re-learn controls I'm just now starting to get the hang of. But gameplay is smooth and the controls are tight (maybe even TOO tight. Doing a combo in the tutorial required me to input controls faster than the character was performing them. Maybe that's why I do so badly at fighting games...) Speaking of which, I lose quite a lot in story mode. It seems some of the first matches against a new opponent I just sit there and get pummeled. But I eventually get the hang of it...through dumb luck.

One glitch I encountered: for some reason my character was unable to move except for crouching. This lasted a long time and only ended when he was hit. I was in the tutorial at the time and the opponent wasn't hitting me in that phase so I actually had to go to story mode to get it back to normal.

Graphics are great, sound and music are great, Liu Kang still sounds like a chicken, all is right with the world. Well worth my fiver even if I don't go online with it.

neoemonk

Anyone playing Magic this weekend? I played the 2011 version on my PS3 to death when I got it with PS+. I'm going to try out the 2014 version tonight. I just don't know if I'll pick it up now that Hearthstone is out.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Of course the obvious speculation is that the Summer sale is starting sometime in the next two weeks ie the 19th.

As far as I can recall, previous sales had no impact on coupon expiration times. They've always lasted for two weeks up until now.

vermadas

I was kind of let down by the DS4 controller. I was excited to have a better d-pad but I still found it a little uncomfortable for extended use. I was using a driver that allowed the touch-pad to act as a mouse and that was pretty amazing for a couple games where gamepad support for menu navigation was shitty or non-existent (Risk of Rain, Race the Sun, I'm looking at you here). Everything else felt like a lateral upgrade from the old trusty 360 controller. And I disliked having to deal with the quirky 3rd party drivers and the wrapper application. So I ended up going back to the 360 controller as my main for now.

I have a Wii U Pro controller that I haven't tried connecting to my PC yet that would probably be nice for the next 2D platformer type game I play. Maybe Shovel Knight. I'm waffling on ordering an XOne controller now that there's support for it. Wired only is a real bummer though...

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Three hours left my good people!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Transistor -- MB-93C785B48268CA1B - Taken by Cheddahz. 47 entrants total.
Dark Souls II Season Pass -- MB-406F3FE71572409A - Taken by Grief.exe. 29 entrants total.
Banished -- MB-9620ACF9318DF916 - Taken by Deques. 26 entrants total.

t1402159564z1.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm loving the fear that the next Bethesda game will be exclusive to one platform. Skyrim sold 20 million copies right? That's like assuming the next Call of Duty will be exclusive to a single platform.

Enco

Nice giveaway Sub Zero.

How do you check how many games you have given away? Mine is under 25 I'm sure but would be nice to know.

edit: you pm modbot my loot in the subject line. I've given away under 10 games.. Need to step it up

I'm loving the fear that the next Bethesda game will be exclusive to one platform. Skyrim sold 20 million copies right? That's like assuming the next Call of Duty will be exclusive to a single platform.

Who is fearing that? That's asinine. Same goes for people thinking the next ME will be Xbox exclusive.

Authority

Banned
Reposting again in case someone wants to try out KH through emulator.

For anyone unfamiliar with the chronological order of Kingdom Hearts franchise here how it goes,

timeline.png

And for anyone still in doubt of liking the franchise don't be. The first time I looked at Kingdom Hearts I was like "What the fuck is this childish game?" and then I played it and it won me over. The charm in this IP is something else. One of the best feel-good games out there and that is coming from someone who is into Aion/DMC/Onimusha/KillerisDead/TheWitcher theme. Thinking about it is the only positive/light-heared game I have enjoyed truly since now.

Anyhow, been playing DM4. Between DM4 and DM5 the difference is night and day. One thing that really disappoints me with DM4 is the soundtrack so far. I mean the battle-music. With DMC5 I was constatly getting hyped to moveforward and feeling the music was giving me a greater combat-wise experience with normal mobs or bosses.

I mean look at Killer is Dead - Warning Spoilers The Tiger that Faded into Darkness. Skip to 6.30 so you can listen to one of the best music backgrounds in game.

Edit: Found it!

Killer is Dead Episode 7 BGM/OST

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
journey of a roach unlocked on be mine 13, and the rumours of all bonuses unlocking next tier were true

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Journey of a Roach -- MB-BD29D934FEB3DBA3 - Taken by Aaron D.

I think it's the effect of E3 approaching mixed with the recent jump to new consoles, so both sides need to prove their choice was the RIGHT one, particularly I can't wait for all this craziness pass and the forum become more civil again.

derExperte

Roach invasion!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Journey of a Roach -- MB-A57B350834063E27

t1402151070z1.png

Dr Dogg

Chrome's built in Translate needs some of the kinks ironed out as it almost got my hopes up. Checking out the latest Nvidia diver releases on their Chinese site it appeared that the newer 337.90 WHQL drivers for Internet cafés were optimised for "Halo 2 shock". What it turns out to actually be with a proper translation is Guild Wars 2. Oh well who knows what may be by then end on next week.

CoD: Hypothetical Warmongering only on WiiU.

Enco

ModBot said:
Instructions for Enco:

I am giving away 23 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Offspring Fling -- MB-BD12F49A8D20738C - Taken by Original Famous Ray. 1 entrants total.
Magical Diary -- MB-1987C0CE591636A6 - Taken by cardinalmind. 3 entrants total.
Fez -- MB-ED7D7E202C176D8A - Taken by Garteal. 1 entrants total.
Age of Wonders Shadow Magic -- MB-F91D6DC6066F92D4 - Taken by Servizio. 2 entrants total.
Dead Space -- MB-2EEE0A158E916B45 - Taken by lucebuce12. 1 entrants total.
Warhammer 40000 Dawn of War -- MB-8C98A365981431CA - Taken by awwyeahgurrl. 3 entrants total.
Starseed Pilgrim -- MB-F12C03438853EE83 - Taken by More_Badass. 3 entrants total.
VVVVVVV -- MB-12A4B3A7A86DA916
Gotham City Impostors Professional Kit -- MB-B279074BE95B81CD - Taken by Deques. 1 entrants total.
LOTR Online Steely Dawn Start Pack -- MB-D531A5D511B1281C
Guardians of Middle earth -- MB-609DF7535C998D2D
Beatbuddy -- MB-07B3E2032A47EAEA - Taken by Drakhyrr. 1 entrants total.
Monaco -- MB-631F2C17924E1315 - Taken by schroddycat. 2 entrants total.
Guardians of Middle-earth Smaug Treasure DLC -- MB-D3B90CE2A21E3FFC
Giana Sisters -- MB-11403C7AC14C0765 - Taken by daisysmurf. 3 entrants total.
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-C3518DB356C7927B - Taken by ItsGeeMcGee. 2 entrants total.
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 -- MB-6A7E154525EF0369 - Taken by Catshade. 2 entrants total.
Planet Stronghold -- MB-D1C2761E10BD90B9 - Taken by Sarcasm. 1 entrants total.
Age of Wonders -- MB-78F95FF7D3B45855 - Taken by Evrain. 2 entrants total.
Batman Arkham Origins DLC -- MB-AC638B79069D1474 - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
Puzzle Bots -- MB-89738E5E94688E24 - Taken by Milamber. 2 entrants total.
Planet Stronghold DLC -- MB-D1CAA8B987A3113A
Beyond Divinity -- MB-2813EC5939B65A96 - Taken by Hesemonni. 3 entrants total.

t1402151510z1.png
Lets join in the fun.

Sorry these games aren't too amazing but it's free right? Went through my Humble Bundles and thought people would get more fun out of these than I would.

No idea how good some of these games are. No restrictions on entry because I'm sure most people already have them.

_hekk05

Banned
I just crafted my first badge ever. I hope this doesn't become an addiction

Hi, my name is _hekk05, and its been 3 months since I crafted a badge.

I have my family to thank, as well as my friends, for supporting me and --

Wait summer sale is coming and they're giving free summer sale badge cards* to whoever crafts a badge during the sale? Where are my cards????

*Summer sale card thing unconfirmed

fantomena

No its fine..may a bit low. Your voice reminds me of some voices used in video games.

Haha. Gonna take it as a compliment. :p I did actually remember AFTER I finished rendering it in Sony vegas that I should have put the voice volume higher. :p

You probably understood English is not my main language in that video (it's Norwegian).

Shepard

Leftovers from the Humble Bundle:
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-F5875C5716E68382
Risen -- MB-78D13AAACC240904 - Taken by derExperte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom