• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll that because you're outside the US you qualify for the Fair Price Package

For me it shows Neverwinter Nights as a bonus item for preordering (which I own 3 times already) and lots of other digital extras that I'm not too interested in. And works out at about £7 more expensive than I just paid for it on Steam, so yeah go figure.
I thought NWN is a standard bonus item?

Let's give away some games people actually might want...

PS Oil Rush is on the docket for some Playfire rewards

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Atom Zombie Smasher -- MB-07972A453F52C952 - Taken by Hesemonni. 4 entrants total.
Penny Arcade 3 -- MB-5A8E757820EE8BBF - Taken by Ingueferroque. 2 entrants total.
Dear Esther -- MB-F9D54102420B301F - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 4 entrants total.
Men of War -- MB-5872E915AE38E3E1 - Taken by Valru. 4 entrants total.
Fractal: Make Blooms Not War -- MB-03AB681D22F96DCF - Taken by fuzzy123. 5 entrants total.
Anomaly: Warzone Earth -- MB-69EA46FFB787EBE8 - Taken by Garcia. 3 entrants total.
Oil Rush -- MB-2B8302A64D947AFF - Taken by Jmanunknown. 1 entrants total.
Proteus -- MB-5B18BED4D671452E - Taken by interion. 5 entrants total.
Men of War: Assault Squad GOTY -- MB-CCCC7E04953FC71C - Taken by Uzzy. 2 entrants total.
Men of War: Red Tide -- MB-B0648355A453BE6C - Taken by BernardoOne. 1 entrants total.
NightSky -- MB-BB63B17149631C57

t1402160352z1.png

Gangxxter

On the subject of F.E.A.R. 1, there is a fix for framerate drops with people using Logitech devices (on the PCGWiki). It says to disable some devices while it is running (apparently some USB polling problem with the engine). The only annoying thing is there is a script but I can't seem to get it running with the game executable; Steam just refuses to start the SP game from it whereas it seems start the MP executable no problem.

This is kinda annoying because I can't run the game at 60 fps and it'll start going down to 45, 30, further in less than maybe 15-20 minutes.
Good to know about that issue, I use a Logitech mouse and keyboard. Thanks for the heads up!
About the script issue I'm afraid I can't help at the moment, haven't tried FEAR yet. But when I get round to it I'll report back.

PS: Thanks hohoXD123 for the Surgeon Simulator! 3 games from ModBot in one day, I'm speechless. Enough of ModBot for me today^^

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Shouldn't The Witcher 3 page have the System Requirements or are they too high for us to look at them?

The game is still ~8 months away from going gold so at this juncture I doubt even CDPR knows what they'll be.

Dr Dogg

Urrrggghhhh playing "hunt the missing collectable" in Soul Suspect is just as tedious as you think it would be. Great news that there's a close to useless digital map you get for preordering that you have to create an account,to view it via the web. Yeah sod that for a game of soldiers when I have paper and pen handy.

I thought NWN is a standard bonus item?

Ah ok. Not too sure as I've only looked at GOG showing a UK IP address and that's the only game showing up despite what it says in the preorder page. I think it's pretty safe to say that the EU preorder price on Steam is a mistake judging by how both the Steam and GOG preorder pages are worded. Well unless "The best preorder offer" refers to lots of added extras for more money :/.

As far as I'm aware CDPR hasn't commented on that, but I'd be surprised if it weren't on the cards. CDPR doesn't seem to have a general enquiries address, but you could make a thread or send a tweet.

I'll see if I get an answer directly from them. But for $36 I think I'll just end up getting the GoG version after all.

What region are you in and how are the living expenses?

Chile, South America. One of the most expensive countries to live in this part of the world.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
On second thought, after watching the how to play video, I don't think I really want to play this. It looks too far off from actual chess, which was why I was interested. :\ I jumped the gun and got a key for it though, so anyone else want it?

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Chess the Gathering -- MB-EC3700CD5116C05D - Taken by NingenJanai

The_Monk

Probably too early for that.

minimum requirement geforce titan z

CDPR themselves said the game is still in optimization phase, so they don't know the proper sys req either.

The game is still ~8 months away from going gold so at this juncture I doubt even CDPR knows what they'll be.

Thank you all, amazing people. I was just curious after the Dead Rising 3 specs.

JakeD

35.99? How?
I doubt they would let us redeem steam copy on GoG anytime soon though, more GoG sales = more money to them.

and think how many bonus sales they'd get by offering optional steam keys with their gog sales. it feels kind of lame that we have to choose between DRM free and steam right now, and i would have gladly pre-ordered already if that was not the case.

Shouldn't The Witcher 3 page have the System Requirements or are they too high for us to look at them?

Some days ago Witcher 3 Steam page showed some System requirements, if I recall correctly the minimum RAM was 6GB and the recommended 8GB, either way as far as I'm concerned my laptop won't even install it :D

and think how many bonus sales they'd get by offering optional steam keys with their gog sales. it feels kind of lame that we have to choose between DRM free and steam right now, and i would have gladly pre-ordered already if that was not the case.
Those steam keys floating around would probably hurt the steam sales, no sane developer would do that.

On second thought, after watching the how to play video, I don't think I really want to play this. It looks too far off from actual chess, which was why I was interested. : I jumped the gun and got a key for it though, so anyone else want it?
Thanks a lot, used to play it irl with my friends when I was young, will definitely play it.

If someone wants to play online feel free to add me.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You know, I humor myself that I'm surprised people still don't have some, nay, most of those games.

JakeD

Those steam keys floating around would probably hurt the steam sales, no sane developer would do that.

all those devs who sell their game with humble widgets or the humble store do it. you could argue this would be the first big budget/full price game to do it, but that will just end up the old "is a shared copy/piracy a lost sale?" debate. an irritating argument to have to make against CDPR especially considering their pro-consumer holier than thou preachiness lately

Majukun

so..does modbot hate my now?

both yesterday and today i entered some giveaways for games that nobody got and still I have received nothing :(

maybe I'm on someone's blacklist?

Tizoc

Yo is it possible to get a Steam code for a game you own on Desura? Was wondering if I can get a Woodle Tree steam code >_>;

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question.

Does GMG retroactively give Steam keys for games you purchase from them? I'm eyeing a few games that are currently not on Steam, but have been confirmed to be arriving on Steam at some point thanks to Greenlight.

Gvaz

Banned
I bought Witcher 2 with no discount at $60 when it came out, but $48 still seems eh.

That being said, I very much doubt my new 750ti will be able to play that on at least medium or high unless they have crazy levels of optimization.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
we need a new blinkbundle, those are always good :(

also for the new page

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -- MB-67D243A78DD82258

t1402165480z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom