• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

And the same is true because of the changes Steam has made; 35 games got released on Steam yesterday, none of any particular profile or relevance. So if there's a signal-to-noise problem with things like being able to keep up on new releases, that's as much Steam's problem as anything else.

Excuse me, what?!
Crimzon Clover may not be to everyone's liking, but we haven't had a shmup game this good ever since Ikaruga release.
We also had the last of BIT.TRIP series game released yesterday, new Close Combat game, Freespace 2 (Steam) release and, uhh, first(?) lesbian romance game on Steam.
Wouldn't really call any of these irrelevant.

KiDdYoNe

For now. The sub is universal, so there'll be no nasty surprises such as language restrictions, but the gifting/trading restriction could be added at any moment and it affects unused gifts, so best be quick.

As for all this The Witcher 3 buzz, the anticipation is compelling me to jump in now, but I really should wait until after the Summer Sale. I could enter the giveaway, of course, but despite the fact I'd actually play the game it still wouldn't feel right for some reason.

Nothing to worry about for me, lol.
Plus still need to get to the first two and a new rig.

But the Steam is now like HOLY SHIT IT'S WITCHER 3 LOOK HOW BEAUTIFUL IT IS, BUY IT NOW and i kinda want to do that.

BruteUA

someone was giving me shit on steam the other day for winning Transistor and only playing Marvel and called me greedy for it

Im still salty about it :p

You need to cut a deal with Modbot here. Giveaway says Witcher 3, but it's really Bad Rats. Get Modbot to DQ all entries except this asshole and post the chat logs here.

It might be a nice feature to have the ability to add a message when doing an anon giveaway.

You kind of can, we've got someone who gives away anonymously and warns us ahead of time if the game is shit.

"Random Game (kind of poopy) - MB-whatever"

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

vRvbDCu.png
The Sims 3 w Starter Pack (Origin) -- MB-E4EFCC1F6704A345 - Taken by ChimpanzeeThat. 3 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-F6381DAA006E84DC - Taken by zeroOman. 1 entrants total.
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-F85CA9521AAE6975 - Taken by Dragon1893. 3 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-AA0E7E10A71B79DB - Taken by Alduin. 5 entrants total.
Medal of Honor -- MB-FA27B3ABD04E7450 - Taken by Modsushi. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-CBC98A353E2A90BE - Taken by fuzzy123. 3 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-A31CEE9D1E494F3E - Taken by tav7623. 1 entrants total.

t1402158725z1.png
For the Steam thread, I come bearing Origin games.

So, The Withcer 3 is $47.99 on Steam for me and $35.99 on GoG.

Will we get the GoG version of the game if we buy the game on Steam? (I did this with TW1&2)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I think PMTHANKS should be the default. Likewise for SHORTRAFFLE.
Just my opinion.

Yes I am considering both. Thanks for the feedback.

It might be a nice feature to have the ability to add a message when doing an anon giveaway.

As someone who uses anonymous giveaways a lot I often would like this, I just haven't nailed down how I'd want to implement this. Because ModBot is awkwardly hacked onto vBulletin a lot of the flexibility I'd like to have in terms of formatting isn't there.

Excuse me, what?!
Crimzon Clover may not be to everyone's liking, but we haven't had a shmup game this good ever since Ikaruga release.
We also had the last of BIT.TRIP series game released yesterday, new Close Combat game, Freespace 2 (Steam) release and, uhh, first(?) lesbian romance game on Steam.

Well, fair enough that my remark might have come off as flip, but of the 30 games released yesterday, only 3 or 4 broke 100 concurrent users and the only one that broke 200 concurrent users was f2p and didn't break 500--I wasn't so much intending on judging whether or not people enjoyed the games so much as speculating that I can't imagine "real conversation" is being drowned out on the basis that the vast majority of the releases coming out aren't making an impact.

hohoXD123

ModBot said:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Swapper -- MB-45E2DE77F7C22310 - Taken by Gvaz. 2 entrants total.
Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-B2EA38DE5D8EF326 - Taken by Gangxxter. 1 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Railroads! -- MB-3F931BC411E8310D - Taken by PandaPandaPanda. 3 entrants total.
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-964D89D253A36115 - Taken by Dice. 2 entrants total.
Joe Danger 2: The Movie -- MB-11529081456CF8F6
Hack, Slash, Loot -- MB-59B34FECACD8459F - Taken by S1n1st3r. 2 entrants total.
Sid Meiers Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies -- MB-E65416E128735542
Sid Meiers Ace Patrol -- MB-BE0B0AE64C1F9DE2 - Taken by Trellisaze. 1 entrants total.
Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-DEAE445B9F764A1B
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-5DA12ED9F879A1AC - Taken by MisterLuffy. 2 entrants total.
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-212741170A430E27 - Taken by pupo. 2 entrants total.
Type:Rider -- MB-BFA0333B5F207631 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 4 entrants total.
Bridge Constructor -- MB-AA1344A68CCDAD2D
Puzzle Bots -- MB-57AC7AF2363BCE76 - Taken by alr1ght. 2 entrants total.
Broken Sword 2 -- MB-245C70DC5A1482AF - Taken by TerryLee81. 1 entrants total.
Starseed Pilgrim -- MB-D7EE8D7CAFF6FBA8 - Taken by NotSelf. 1 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-7F631D951588A5D3
Papo & Yo -- MB-7CC3C744BE916F35 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 2 entrants total.

t1402158896z1.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hey folks, I need a little help with battlefield 3. It is not on steam but most pc users are here, so I thought chances of help will be higher, sorry if it's wrong to do so.

So, there's two things actually.
1. My laptop sucks, I play at 640xsth resolution, everything low. Still heavy lag. IQ is bad obviously. I want to play windowed for better IQ but when I enable it in-game the resolution get much higher even though it says it's 640Xsth. I tried adding "-windowed" at the end of the shortcut but that doesn't work. Help.

Laptop sounds too low for BF3. BF3 is very CPU intensive.

2. I made a mistake and took the free bf3 game on origin on my german account. It sucks. Blood is almost not there and the corpses vanish and can not be shot. I am not into violence but it feeld patronizing and takes me out of the game. Is there a way to enable english version/patch to the game?

Thanks

Nope, unless you grabbed the US version. Which you didn't and it isn't free anymore. Sorry.

Will we get the GoG version of the game if we buy the game on Steam? (I did this with TW1&2)
35.99? How?
I doubt they would let us redeem steam copy on GoG anytime soon though, more GoG sales = more money to them.

This is at least 5 years old, of course BF3 runs like crap on that machine.

Try Alt + Enter. That laptop really shouldn't be used for playing games though.

Yeah, I am fully aware how unsuited it is for gaming now. It's actually from January '08. Was pretty powerful and served me very well. The last 3 years though, it aged very fast.
I feel like al bundy complaining about his tv breaking after only 20 years.

Still, you gotta make the best out of what you got. I can't stand bad performance but bf3 reminds me of the fascination that wargasm gave me so many years ago.

Gonna make some screenshots and post them in the pc thread.

Thanks guys.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

ulgzbKC.png
Heileen (Desura) -- MB-1BAC9641C0B44112
Ether Vapor Remaster -- MB-054BA6894737AB1B - Taken by ohblahitsme. 4 entrants total.
Syberia II -- MB-B0EF0120677A2F2E - Taken by Hesemonni. 3 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-5F8A5E908F63EDE9 - Taken by mr_tc. 2 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Little Trus Man (Desura) -- MB-19BB31423D2E8F86
ulgzbKC.png
Eve Burst Error (Desura) -- MB-A730EC740932616D
ulgzbKC.png
Sylia - Act I (Desura) -- MB-E2E2868443A497DC - Taken by user237. 1 entrants total.
Heileen -- MB-34BE936428FB82E7 - Taken by Aitor. 3 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Bionic Heart (Desura) -- MB-456BC8164C84DE32
ulgzbKC.png
dUpLicity ~Beyond the Lies~ (Desura) ~ -- MB-622110D9A301AB21

t1402159276z1.png

Yakkue

Final Fantasy III endgame spoiler question:

Does anyone know a way to beat the Iron Giant without mindlessly grinding for days? My current party can't even survive the first round.

Thorgal

Forgive me father , for i have sinned .

For CDPR i have broken my holy oath to never preorder a game . (O_O ).

No but seriously i was always going to buy this day one and since steamprice was 38 € this was a steal .

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Final Fantasy III endgame spoiler question:

Does anyone know a way to beat the Iron Giant without mindlessly grinding for days? My current party can't even survive the first round.

Powerleveled Onion Knights is basically the main strategy :(

Sober

On the subject of F.E.A.R. 1, there is a fix for framerate drops with people using Logitech devices (on the PCGWiki). It says to disable some devices while it is running (apparently some USB polling problem with the engine). The only annoying thing is there is a script but I can't seem to get it running with the game executable; Steam just refuses to start the SP game from it whereas it seems start the MP executable no problem.

This is kinda annoying because I can't run the game at 60 fps and it'll start going down to 45, 30, further in less than maybe 15-20 minutes.

Knurek

Well, fair enough that my remark might have come off as flip, but of the 30 games released yesterday, only 3 or 4 broke 100 concurrent users and the only one that broke 200 concurrent users was f2p and didn't break 500--I wasn't so much intending on judging whether or not people enjoyed the games so much as speculating that I can't imagine "real conversation" is being drowned out on the basis that the vast majority of the releases coming out aren't making an impact.

I think we've already established that concurrent number is a terrible way to gauge game sales (the only one we have at hand, other than publisher PR, true, but still terrible).
Case in point: Dustforce, with reported sales upwards of 200,000 and concurrent all-time peak of 325, or Eldritch with sales north of 32,000 and the all-time peak at 383.

Of course, I'm not disputing the fact that there are too many games being released on Steam. Certainly too many to give each one the time it'd require to fully appreciate what it has to offer.
Still a better solution than giving two Valve employees total control over what gets on the store and what doesn't.

BorntoPlay

Some leftovers, please take it...=D

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 #2 -- MB-DE481E1163FBE988 - Taken by _hekk05
Pid -- MB-8E230F4657F48B60 - Taken by tebunker
Post Apocalyptic Mayhem -- MB-48FA1988ECD4CDA8 - Taken by iosefe

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

As far as I'm aware CDPR hasn't commented on that, but I'd be surprised if it weren't on the cards. CDPR doesn't seem to have a general enquiries address, but you could make a thread or send a tweet.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks like Amazon might have goofed and price matched Steam's price of the Metro Redux bundle for people that already own both games.

If (like me) you don't own both games, you can pick up the Redux bundle for $24.99.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KN7B338/

Dr Dogg

Mine shows 50.99 and 47.99, what the hell?

We'll that because you're outside the US you qualify for the Fair Price Package
GOG.com said:
Since the price in your region is almost $15.98 higher than in the US, we’re giving you $15.98 (~£9.58) back in free classic games.

For me it shows Neverwinter Nights as a bonus item for preordering (which I own 3 times already) and lots of other digital extras that I'm not too interested in. And works out at about £7 more expensive than I just paid for it on Steam, so yeah go figure.

Tizoc

Excuse me, what?!

Hold up what's this lesbian romance game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom