• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Banished is another game that will be making my top ten this year.

Here are my GotY candidates so far
Broken Age
Child of Light
Tesla Effect
Strider
Wolfenstein TNO
Gunhound EX

Steins;gate
One Finger Death Punch

...and these are just the PC games =3

Vuze

Any idea what's a good way to get a bunch of TF2 keys quickly? I want to purchase two Witcher 3 copies and getting ~26 TF2 keys from the market seems rather tedious.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Any idea what's a good way to get a bunch of TF2 keys quickly? I want to purchase two Witcher 3 copies and getting ~26 TF2 keys from the market seems rather tedious.

find a trader who sells them via paypal. You will also avoid Valve's ridiculous market fees

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Afterfall Insanity - Extended Edition -- MB-9DEF3402BF066D5E - Taken by DJSebolski. 2 entrants total.

t1402162278z1.png

here you go

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is Witcher 3 region locked....dat Russian price is pretty spectacular.

No. Go for it. Just don't let the game linger in your inventory.

Yo is it possible to get a Steam code for a game you own on Desura? Was wondering if I can get a Woodle Tree steam code >_>;

The game was included in Groupees' Build a Bundle 6 so a key should be forthcoming, as is typically the case... though that being said, Steam keys tend to be added to Groupees accounts so you may need to hit up the developer.

Quick question.

Does GMG retroactively give Steam keys for games you purchase from them? I'm eyeing a few games that are currently not on Steam, but have been confirmed to be arriving on Steam at some point thanks to Greenlight.

You'd need to hit up the developer/publisher about that.

this is the part where whoever wins my Witcher 3 cant activate it >_>

The store subs are completely region-free. There's a ROW sub, which (oddly enough) includes Eastern Europe, and an otherwise general Euro sub.

Gvaz

Banned
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Afterfall Insanity - Extended Edition -- MB-2D1424D8F315A33F - Taken by Spring-Loaded

Still plenty of games to go around

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Men of War -- MB-5872E915AE38E3E1
Fractal: Make Blooms Not War -- MB-03AB681D22F96DCF
Anomaly: Warzone Earth -- MB-69EA46FFB787EBE8
NightSky -- MB-BB63B17149631C57
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-F6381DAA006E84DC
vRvbDCu.png
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-F85CA9521AAE6975
vRvbDCu.png
Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-AA0E7E10A71B79DB
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-CBC98A353E2A90BE
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-A31CEE9D1E494F3E

DogMeat77

Looks interesting, but is free-falling through obstacles all you do?

Yes. That and a few meditation levels. I enjoy it on the Oculus Rift but without the rift, but without the rift it gets kind of boring. A game you want to play in 15 minutes spurts.

Dr Dogg

STEAMOS sounds like a rubbish breakfast cereal.

That Witcher 3 pre-order is going to be expensive. I don't even think I can download the game with my 560ti

You say that but I managed to get an acceptable performance out of 2 on a E6700, 9800GT with 2gb of sys ram combo with everything on low. Then again it was the game that made me buy a second GPU for my main PC due to kicking it in the shins when I had the audacity to try run it in high, even without Uber sampling.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yes. That and a few meditation levels. I enjoy it on the Oculus Rift but without the rift, but without the rift it gets kind of boring. A game you want to play in 15 minutes spurts.

Oh, well for like $2 it can't be that boring to try out yeah?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Looks interesting, but is free-falling through obstacles all you do?

That's the main essence of the game to be sure, but much like any "extreme sport" title like Tony Hawk, it's made up of many different things to do in a run in order to get the best possible score possible. You can fly close to a building to "tag it", you can perform tricks/thumbs up as you drop by fans, antagonise those who are there to boo you, try to land as best as possible, and other small little things all which alter and modify your score once all is said and done.
I won't call it the most indepth or most addictive game of that type of game play, but it offers enough that beyond just the sense of falling down at high speeds and I did try to do my best for each stage and I did get a sense of having to master the game quite a bit and figure out the optimal path to take so that made it rewarding to me for this and the other titles in the franchise.

However I will say I prefer the game on an iPad (I can't use Rift so I can't compare it there) simply for the sake of being able to look down at the screen as opposed to watching straight on with a monitor.
If one could somehow do this for the game, that would really be something.

You say that but I managed to get an acceptable performance out of 2 on a E6700, 9800GT with 2gb of sys ram combo with everything on low. Then again it was the game that made me buy a second GPU for my main PC due to kicking it in the shins when I had the audacity to try run it in high, even without Uber sampling.

lol exactly.

That and I'll have a
kid
by then, so time will be tight. I'll see if I can get a good deal. $28ish is a pretty awesome price if I can swing it.

Majukun

hepefully when the witcher 3 will come out,i will have my new PC to play it properly...any info on the requirements?

Turfster

The Witcher 3 appears as 37% off for me at Steam, making it 38€. Price error? Should I get it quick?

You probably own the other games.
Edit: Hm. Base price of 60€ (seriously, fuck this trend) with a discount to 44€ in browser, without logging in. That's not 10%...

Grief.exe

Doesn't Banished get boring?

Sure, after a certain point you have experienced all the game has to offer and there is no more content to explore. You won't get to that point for quite a while.

Also a great game to put some music on in the background and relax to.

Panda Rin

damn Rhaknar. why I love gaf so much.

if you have the hookups, you can nab a copy for around $30. got mine from somebody over on CAG without a problem.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Witcher 3 appears as 37% off for me at Steam, making it 38€. Price error? Should I get it quick?

The base discount in The Land of Euros is 27%, probably as a sort of apology for the ridiculous 60 EUR base price. The other 10% is because you own the previous two games.

Enco

Sure, after a certain point you have experienced all the game has to offer and there is no more content to explore. You won't get to that point for quite a while.

Also a great game to put some music on in the background and relax to.
I like relaxing games. Might have to check it out.

Hopefully it gets a sale.

Modbot giveaways have now become like Steamgifts :(
As in you'll never win anything so it's pointless to try?

I've only won games on Modbot when it's past the timer and it's first come first serve :lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
And I reaaaaallly thought Rhaknar was going to win that Season Pass.

Thanks again to Sub Zero for being so generous.

That one I would / will stop marvel for :p

Back to hoping GMG has it with a voucher

Dr Dogg

And The Witcher III is the top seller already. So what do we recon? Drop off fast after this weekend, slowly decrease and slide down until release or keep duking it out near the top for nigh on 9 months?

lol exactly.

That and I'll have a
kid
by then, so time will be tight. I'll see if I can get a good deal. $28ish is a pretty awesome price if I can swing it.

Hahaha shit I forgot about you mentioning that. Well who know how many discounts, giveaways or other moments of fortune are around the corner in the next 9 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom