• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the Steam DOTD ($2.49).

Worth it? Significant improvement over the original game?

header.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
25 minutes left, last repost for those that missed it

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -- MB-67D243A78DD82258 - Taken by sprinkles. 86 entrants total.

t1402165480z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
And The Witcher III is the top seller already. So what do we recon? Drop off fast after this weekend, slowly decrease and slide down until release or keep duking it out near the top for nigh on 9 months?

It'll hover among the Top 10 until the Summer Sale, after which it probably won't show up again until closer to release.

Edit: Assuming the Summer Sale begins when I'm expecting it to (July 11th... well, the 10th for those of you in inferior time zones).

Volcynika

By the way, kinda burned through a lot of 1001 Spikes this morning, really fun game. Though now I'm in some stages that send my anger level a bit higher than I want D:

By the way, kinda burned through a lot of 1001 Spikes this morning, really fun game. Though now I'm in some stages that send my anger level a bit higher than I want D:

Care to tell me how to get through stage 2-5? I've lost about 50 lives there because of the spikes + knives at the top... i just cannot get any timing down and when i do, the next passageway kills me with a knife in the back.

Volcynika

There is a lot more content. As I was saying earlier, it is a good Oculus game but pretty boring. I enjoy it in like 15 minutes spurts. I bought it strictly for the rift though.

Yeah, agree with this. New stuff, but I really can't play it for too long at one time.

Witcher 3 is showing up as £32.49 for me in the UK, down from £49.99. I own the 2nd game on steam but that's still more than 15%. Strange...

Witcher 3 will probably be the game that gives me the motivation to go through with putting together an upgrade or a new PC.

Same here, although the CPU and GPU I have are relatively recent. At least I have 10 months...

Volcynika

Care to tell me how to get through stage 2-5? I've lost about 50 lives there because of the spikes + knives at the top... i just cannot get any timing down and when i do, the next passageway kills me with a knife in the back.

Which part of it, is that the one with flamethrowers? I didn't have too much trouble other than that last knife trap or whatever on that high point.

Volcynika

Witcher 3 is showing up as £32.49 for me in the UK, down from £49.99. I own the 2nd game on steam but that's still more than 15%. Strange...

Same here, although the CPU and GPU I have are relatively recent. At least I have 10 months...

Mine was built around 2009/2010 I think sooooo I'm pretty far behind at this point!

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
It's ok, I hate myself too
Btw, how many entered for banished? The giveaway post doesn't say anything about that

Here's my giveaway receipt. The first post didn't update because I reposted it earlier today

Cheddahz claimed your Transistor key. There were 47 entrants.
Grief.exe claimed your Dark Souls II Season Pass key. There were 29 entrants.
Deques claimed your Banished key. There were 26 entrants.

Thanks again for being generous.

I was personally expecting more entrants for Banished than Dark Souls. Congratulations to all the winners and you all have my word that bigger and better giveaways will follow

JaseC

The base discount in the UK is 30%. 49.99 - 35% = 32.49. The EUR and GBP prices are ridiculous (USD$81.88 and USD$84.06 respectively) so the pre-order discount is deeper.

Dr Dogg

It'll hover among the Top 10 until the Summer Sale, after which it probably won't show up again until closer to release.

Edit: Assuming the Summer Sale begins when I'm expecting it to (July 11th... well, the 10th for those of you in inferior time zones).

Well what I'm thinking what with the 2 big sales, 1 (or is it 2?) small sale and various opportunities for publisher/daily/weeklong deals that CDPR could keep interest high for a fair while what with loyalty discounts and such. 9 months as a preorder is a bloody long time though.

Also I'm getting an obsessive twitch seeing this...

lhkaaf4.png

Just let us sort out libraries manually please Valve if it isn't too much to ask. Just a couple of user input metadata fields is all I ask.

JaseC

Well what I'm thinking what with the 2 big sales, 1 (or is it 2?) small sale and various opportunities for publisher/daily/weeklong deals that CDPR could keep interest high for a fair while what with loyalty discounts and such. 9 months as a preorder is a bloody long time though.

Also I'm getting an obsessive twitch seeing this...

lhkaaf4.png

Just let us sort out libraries manually please Valve if it isn't too much to ask. Just a couple of user input metadata fields is all I ask.

Oh, it could definitely pop into the Top 10 again during a Weekend Deal featuring the earlier games or whatever.

Adry9

The base discount in The Land of Euros is 27%, probably as a sort of apology for the ridiculous 60 EUR base price. The other 10% is because you own the previous two games.
Ok now it makes sense, so basically the same price as GOG if you count the coupon they give you.

Tizoc

I find it hialrious how Witcher 3 got 86 entries but Killer is Dead got 200+ entries during a past giveaway lol.

I find it hialrious how Witcher 3 got 86 entries but Killer is Dead got 200+ entries during a past giveaway lol.

Not sure why either, it's not like megagivers is really a barrier. You could spend $5-10 to get 25 keys and do a giveaway to become eligible easily if you wanted a chance at it.

Which part of it, is that the one with flamethrowers? I didn't have too much trouble other than that last knife trap or whatever on that high point.

That's the one. And that's the spot.
I get to the traps at the top mostly where the two spikes come down and there's a knife trap as you come to the edge (I either throw my knife too early or late) and then you drop down and get a nice in the back.

Genki

I wouldn't feel right entering it since I haven't even played TW1 yet.

Speaking of, hope KiD has a nice discount soon.

As far as I'm concerned I would have not entried Witcher 3 giveaway anyway as I am afraid my laptop is not able to run it and I would have felt sorry if I had won the game instead of other fellow gaffers.

Sub Zero

Couldn't resist and preordered the witcher 3. Hopefully I can save enough money for an upgrade since my GTX 760 will probably explode by trying to run it.

And of course I am planning to double dip on the retail version. So when the time comes I'll give away my GOG spare key here

Santiako

The Witcher 3's steam page doesn't have System Requirements there yet. The recommended ones probably include yet to release graphic cards lol

JaseC

So when is the Steam summer sale usually? My friend needs to get Dark Souls ASAP

The past couple of years it's began ~mid-July. My guess this year is July 10th (Pacific Time) as this is four weeks after the pricing submission deadline of June 12th.

SephiZack

Could someone help me find a good and cheap co-op game? (or even pvp if it's real good)

My friend and I are bored and we're looking for something to play together (maybe indie)

It's ok if it's 2 players, even better if 4 players (maybe I have another person who would play with us)

By cheap I mean under €10, max €15 if you guys think it's worth it

It doesn't necessarily have to be Steam. Any PC platform or drm-free is ok

Santiako

Could someone help me find a good and cheap co-op game? (or even pvp if it's real good)

My friend and I are bored and we're looking for something to play together (maybe indie)

It's ok if it's 2 players, even better if 4 players (maybe I have another person who would play with us)

MONACO is amazing with 2-3-4 people.

Turfster

Monaco.

The base discount in the UK is 30%. 49.99 - 35% = 32.49. The EUR and GBP prices are ridiculous (USD$81.88 and USD$84.06 respectively) so the pre-order discount is deeper.

Thanks for the info.

Now I'm off to stare at my bank balance and ask myself questions like "do I need this game?"

Sub Zero

Off the top of my head

Forced
Broforce
Castle Crashers
Battleblock Theater
Risk of Rain
Monaco
Hammerwatch
Orcs Must Die 1/2
Sanctum 2