• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks for the info.

Now I'm off to stare at my bank balance and ask myself questions like "do I need this game?"

Yeah, I'm tempted to pre-order the game even though it's an entire pregnancy period away. I felt iffy about entering the giveaway so I didn't even do that, either.

Could someone help me find a good and cheap co-op game? (or even pvp if it's real good)

My friend and I are bored and we're looking for something to play together (maybe indie)

It's ok if it's 2 players, even better if 4 players (maybe I have another person who would play with us)

By cheap I mean under €10, max €15 if you guys think it's worth it

It doesn't necessarily have to be Steam. Any PC platform or drm-free is ok
Renegade Ops is really good. Good replay value and competitive online play if you want to go down that route, and 2 player local co-op play (4 online?).

Could someone help me find a good and cheap co-op game? (or even pvp if it's real good)

My friend and I are bored and we're looking for something to play together (maybe indie)

It's ok if it's 2 players, even better if 4 players (maybe I have another person who would play with us)

Off the top of my head (I haven't played all these ones in multiplayer myself but I am basing myself on the general consensus)

Payday 2
Borderlands 2
Saints Row 3
Killing floor
Magicka
Rising storm
Also Dead island apparently has a good co-op mode.

DogMeat77

My wife and I had a lot of fun with Pixel Junk Monsters. GMG has it in their buy 3 for $15 deal right now.

Vuze

Also fell for the cheap Witcher 3 prices he
75f0466b64.jpg

To celebrate, here are some left-overs I found on my PC and Afterfall Insanity from Indiegala which I didn't know I already owned~ I'm not sure if all codes work, so please don't be disappointed if it's been used :|

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Afterfall Insanity - Extended Edition -- MB-5D2FF6DEDD546D1B - Taken by Vandrar. 3 entrants total.
Fallout: New Vegas -- MB-169864EBD168DCB8 - Taken by abracadaver. 7 entrants total.
Borderlands 2 Moxxy DLC -- MB-7F69A960121D48D0 - Taken by Exuro. 1 entrants total.
Borderlands 2 Moxxy DLC #2 -- MB-B0B374B02DD3A2EA - Taken by Kiru. 1 entrants total.

t1402162223z1.png

Reposting for new page

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Men of War -- MB-5872E915AE38E3E1
Anomaly: Warzone Earth -- MB-69EA46FFB787EBE8
NightSky -- MB-BB63B17149631C57
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-F6381DAA006E84DC
vRvbDCu.png
Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-AA0E7E10A71B79DB
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-CBC98A353E2A90BE
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-A31CEE9D1E494F3E

Kiru

Also fell for the cheap Witcher 3 prices he
75f0466b64.jpg

To celebrate, here are some left-overs I found on my PC and Afterfall Insanity from Indiegala which I didn't know I already owned~ I'm not sure if all codes work, so please don't be disappointed if it's been used :|

Thanks for the BL2 DLC! (My first DLC for that game, believe it or not).

Vuze

Vuze thanks a lot for Fallout New Vegas.

Enjoy, I've still yet to play my copy I got to admit ._."
There are some Playfire rewards up for the game btw!

Thanks for the BL2 DLC! (My first DLC for that game, believe it or not).

Have fun! Haven't touched any of the DLCs yet, maingame kinda burned me out towards the end. Let us know if this one's any good if you happen to play it!

Kiru

You should definitely get the Tiny Tina DLC. Well worth it.
Yeah I heard that one is good. Thanks for the recommendation.

Have fun! Haven't touched any of the DLCs yet, maingame kinda burned me out towards the end. Let us know if this one's any good if you happen to play it!

Another fun fact. I didn't play Borderlands 1 yet. Only have the second in my library and I can't play it on this laptop. Intel needs to hurry up with that stupid Haswell refresh lol.

SephiZack

Thanks guys for the responses, I will look into the games you told me

How far am I in Dark Souls 2 if I have reached The Gutter?
DS2 isn't exactly a linear game, in my first playthrough it was one of the last places I went to before the endgame. In my second it was one of the first

Lomax

Seeing The Witcher 3 at $26 from traders is disturbingly tempting even though it's not out for 8 months and the chances my computer will run it are pretty slim.

Vuze

Seeing The Witcher 3 at $26 from traders is disturbingly tempting even though it's not out for 8 months and the chances my computer will run it are pretty slim.

There's still plenty of time to save up money to upgrade. I plan on upgrading my graphics card before it releases in February, hope Nvidia got their new line up till then. My 4570 should be fine I guess.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Witcher 3 is now 43.99€ instead of 37.99€ for me

DogMeat77

Unfortunately, I have no idea. I haven't actually gotten it myself - probably because I suspect I already have them on PS3 as PS+ freebies (but I could be wrong about that).

Looks like individual keys. I figured for $3 and some change, I'd satisfy my curiosity.

Yeah, I have it on VITA, PSP, and PS3 as well.

Evrain

Better than ikaruga?
Depends on your tastes. Ikaruga is a "puzzle danmaku" (on top of a work of art), where obtaining good scores relies on cracking the enigma each stage is - bullet patterns, enemy formations, when to shoot and when to stand still, etc - and Crimzon Clover is your adrenaline fueled rampage filled with enemy fire and explosion: no puzzles, no formations no comboing, no nothing, just fire, break, double break and blow 'em up!
I would say they are both "the best", just in two different danmaku subspecies, if that maes sense.

Tellaerin

Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION is so goddamn good. Best shmup currently on Steam no doubt.

I really wish someone would start turning out shooters in a more classic vein again. Vertical scrollers along the lines of Compile's old output or side scrolling stuff like Gradius, Thunder Force, etc. IMO, bullet hell isn't an improvement on/replacement for that older style - the two can (and really ought to) coexist.

Levyne

Banned
Arrgh, all this Witcher talk...can't remember the last time I preordered something so far out.

wVyzKB9.png

My first tf2outpost trade too. Actually pretty simple.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My son just bought a new Radeon R9 280.

He's going to have a better gaming rig than his old man.
They grow up so fast!

Lomax

If only Witcher 3 was a little bit cheaper. I'd gladly pay $5 more for a steam copy.

$26 is likely the cheapest it's going to be until at least Winter 2015, and even the trader price is likely to creep back up some once this initial rush is over as there's virtually no margin in that price.

Vastag

Some extra keys I found going through my Humble library. Once again, all of them should work, if anyone is already taken, sorry!

EDIT: I don't know why it shows warlock 2's icon, is the first one.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Vastag:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vastag, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Warlock -- MB-9CB127F2C2235BAB - Taken by Ezalc. 4 entrants total.
The Showdown Effect -- MB-F9DD2703490C211A - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 2 entrants total.
War of the Roses Kingmaker -- MB-BB968FA3603A5225 - Taken by Servizio
Europa Universalis 3 Complete -- MB-110DC8DF7E81928E - Taken by Evrain. 1 entrants total.

t1402173492z1.png

-Deimos

$26 is likely the cheapest it's going to be until at least Winter 2015, and even the trader price is likely to creep back up some once this initial rush is over as there's virtually no margin in that price.

Where the hell are you getting it at $26?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom