• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
I think Steam might be the go for Witcher 3. If last time was any indication they let us redeem a GOG copy.

Ummm, Witcher 3 was 38 euros for me and now it's suddenly 60 euros discounted to 43 euros.

Games are always 50 euros here, what is this shit all the sudden?

Scamco.

ArjanN

Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION is so goddamn good. Best shmup currently on Steam no doubt.

Yeah it's great.

Better than ikaruga?

Kind of a different flavor of shmup, it's up there with the best anyway.

Ummm, Witcher 3 was 38 euros for me and now it's suddenly 60 euros discounted to 43 euros.

Games are always 50 euros here, what is this shit all the sudden?

Just send them the extra 7 euros via Paypal. :p

Arthea

so, about 8-Bit Commando steam key... I'm not gonna get it, even if it was in greenlight bundle? This trend I don't like, don't like at all.

edited: also base W3 price is 60€? seriously?

Tomodachi

Does anyone have Cognition episode 2?

I have 1,3,4 but I don't have 2, and there's no way for me to buy episode 2 individually that I can tell, and I'd rather not pay $30 just for one episode that I'm missing.

If someone would be so kind. I picked up 1 from a giveaway and bought 3/4 but I didn't want to be greedy and get episode 2 at the time.

I'm sorry, I don't have an extra key (backed it on kickstarter, so I got just one from the devs at the time), but if it can be helpful the second episode is nice and all but it's the weakest of the four, so you could just... watch it on youtube and then play the third and the fourth? I know I probably wouldn't in your shoes, and I'm only saying this in hindsight, but still if you're into that kind of thing you wouldn't be missing out that much.

jarosh

I just accidentally deleted my save game for 1001 Spikes. Still in-game I pulled the plug on my modem, hoping it wouldn't sync with the Steam Cloud... Got onto another computer with Steam and downloaded the game there hoping it would re-download my save, but nothing.

Is there ANY chance I can recover my save? :(

Arthea

Tried to play Sugar Cube. I don't get how this game works. When I begin to think that I finally understood, the flipping things start act differently. Such a weird game.

They sent keys out to at least one bundle group that I know of (but maybe more). Seems the devs are a bit scatterbrained and incompetent.

LONG thread here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/287860/discussions/0/540743212846562327/

thanks, but not gonna read all that.
I won't die without this game, just noticed it on playfire list and remembered that I haven't got the key for this game too. Oh well

Phinor

Scamco has priced Witcher 3 PC version at 49.99€. This 59.99€ price tag is all CD Projekt RED deciding PC games should cost that much from now on. Well I guess EA/Ubisoft/Activision had already decided that previously but now smaller publishers are jumping on the 59.99€ wagon. Meanwhile gamers are jumping off that wagon, trying to find ways to circumvent this (increasing) regional pricing.

thanks, but not gonna read all that.
I won't die without this game, just noticed it on playfire list and remembered that I haven't got the key for this game too. Oh well
Summary:

Gamers: "Where are our keys?"

Devs: "Contact the bundle sites."

Gamers: "No, you have to send the keys to them."

Devs: "Sorry, we don't know what we're doing."

Just Ctrl+F the name of your bundle site for information on if/when the dev will send them keys.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Witcher 3 was always 59.99€ (seems to be the new AAA price point, it's not just for CoD anymore, watch dogs is the same), but had a price mistake in the form of a bigger discount for a few hours (the base price was always 60)

Dr.Acula

Banned
I tried to get into The Witcher 2 and got bored in the first castle/siege type mission right at the start.

Should I restart without the combat mod or keep going with the mod? The mod seems to make things buggy but I don't know what it's like without it.

What say you?

I played through it with the 1.1 then the 1.1a mod and it was fine. There's a 1.2 mod now, should be the final.

If anything it clears up some bugs.

Edit: I played with 1.2 as well apparently.

Arthea

Scamco has priced Witcher 3 PC version at 49.99€. This 59.99€ price tag is all CD Projekt RED deciding PC games should cost that much from now on. Well I guess EA/Ubisoft/Activision had already decided that previously but now smaller publishers are jumping on the 59.99€ wagon. Meanwhile gamers are jumping off that wagon, trying to find ways to circumvent this (increasing) regional pricing.

I don't know about you, but I'm not buying any game with base price like that, not until all games cost that in all parts of the world and even then, I won't probably.
It's sorta funny how we still complain (and will in future) about games being 50€, and somehow publishers think that we will be fine with 60€? That's ridiculous. For the record, 60€ is almost $85.

Summary:

Gamers: "Where are our keys?"

Devs: "Contact the bundle sites."

Gamers: "No, you have to send the keys to them."

Devs: "Sorry, we don't know what we're doing."

Just Ctrl+F the name of your bundle site for information on if/when the dev will send them keys.

Thanks G'Kar

JustinBB7

I don't know about you, but I'm not buying any game with base price like that, not until all games cost that in all parts of the world and even then, I won't probably.
It's sorta funny how we still complain (and will in future) about games being 50€, and somehow publishers think that we will be fine with 60€? That's ridiculous. For the record, 60€ is almost $85.

Yea I'm not gonna buy it anymore, at least not at this price. Guess I'll wait for a sale then. Go fuck yourself CD Project. I thought they were all about having fair prices for all regions and then they make their game 60 euros.

Alan Wake's fog/wind effects are still really cool. Game is definitely flawed and repetitive but the atmosphere of the locations is top notch.

Plus I can run it at 4K/60FPS
with AA set to 2X instead of 8
so the IQ is great.

Edit: Lol nevermind, went into a new area and the framerate dropped to the 40s. 2880x1620 is a completely steady 60 though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

ive never seen anyone complain about 50, unless you are talking about compared to 50 dollars. Console versions of those same games cost 70 here, so 50 was always a nice difference (again, notwithstanding the dollar - euro conversion)

60 has also always existed on PC, in the form of COD games. its just spreading now to other triple a games aparently. but its not a new thing

in fact, going back to consoles, they have it even worse. we at least get a 50 dollars = 50 euros deal. console games aparently means 60 dollars = 70 euros lol

Copons

I tried to get into The Witcher 2 and got bored in the first castle/siege type mission right at the start.

Should I restart without the combat mod or keep going with the mod? The mod seems to make things buggy but I don't know what it's like without it.

What say you?

What kind of bugs are you getting?
I've started TW2 yesterday with the 1.2 mod enabled and I'm not seeing anything weird (except for the fact that I did the tutorial with ubersampling enabled and I thought my GPU was broken :D ).

Anyway, the siege mission is just a tutorial, and as soon as you land in the forest/swamp (where I am at the moment) it feels more like the first Witcher, with a town functioning as a hub and an overwhelming number of quests available.
One thing cool that I noticed is that the customary harvesting quests like "collect 10 boars hides" seems to be replaced by "destroy the motherfucking boar nest" (do boars have nests anyway? :D ). Obviously I don't know if the entire game will be like this, but I found this change really refreshing.

maneil99

Alan Wake's fog/wind effects are still really cool. Game is definitely flawed and repetitive but the atmosphere of the locations is top notch.

Plus I can run it at 4K/60FPS
with AA set to 2X instead of 8
so the IQ is great.

you're 780 Ti arrived I'm guessing? I havea highly overclocked 780 here, you should drop by the screenshots thread.
Just no more watch dogs screenshots pls

Thanks G'Kar
You're very welcome.

tumblr_lot5j4v5Kt1qbtmv5o1_250_zps39979ff6.jpg

Rhaknar

and now I feel like rewatching Babylon 5

you're 780 Ti arrived I'm guessing? I havea highly overclocked 780 here, you should drop by the screenshots thread.
Just no more watch dogs screenshots pls

Maybe at some point, am too lazy at the moment to resize screenshots, upload them to adload, and so on. Plus I can't compete with the people who know what they're doing :p

Dr Dogg

Hah. I just tried the same. Managed solid FPS on medium/1080p. Time to upgrade

Well at least we know in 4 years time well be able to play it like in all the promo shots. Saying that though it still looks better than most games released today despite it's age, even at lower settings. III is going to hopefully raise the bar again (as well as CPU and GPU temps).

D98uNwE.png

I'm weak
for 13 keys

Must have been
Triss in
the trailer that swung it then ;)

Arthea

ive never seen anyone complain about 50, unless you are talking about compared to 50 dollars. Console versions of those same games cost 70 here, so 50 was always a nice difference (again, notwithstanding the dollar - euro conversion)

60 has also always existed on PC, in the form of COD games. its just spreading now to other triple a games aparently. but its not a new thing

in fact, going back to consoles, they have it even worse. we at least get a 50 dollars = 50 euros deal. console games aparently means 60 dollars = 70 euros lol

you never have seen me complain about 50€? I'll do that all the time and don't even get me started on console games prices.

and now I feel like rewatching Babylon 5

I actually tried to rewatch it last Autumn... dropped pretty fast. (><)
I liked it well enough back in the day, but it probably aged not too well (if it can be said about TV series).

Rhaknar

you never have seen me complain about 50€? I'll do that all the time and don't even get me started on console games prices.

well I meant in general, not you in particular :p

Nzyme32

Completely random note:

rDacVY0.png

It took me 26.4 hours to 100% perfect hexcells plus withOUT cheating or moving forward through levels without perfecting them. Great game, but fucking frustrating. I feel like my IQ went through the floor. A few hours were spent drinking though. Completely the fault of the game

What say you?

The intro to the game was the worst by far, definitely push past it.

If I uninstall a game, would the file erase?

It depends. Most games ask you if you want to remove the saves/custom settings but not all of them do this.

If in doubt, back it up!

And if you mean the game's data and asset files, yes. Those are removed as a standard part of the uninstallation for all games. (Unless it bugs out like War Thunder does on Steam, grumble, grumble...)

Ionic

If I uninstall a game, would the file erase?

It depends. Some games do, some don't. Some will ask if you want to delete the saves, others won't. If in doubt, back up the save yourself. Game Save Manager is a good tool for finding your saves easily. The PC Gaming Wiki has a lot of pages for various games that tell where saves for certain games are stored. If the game is a Steam Cloud game, you don't have to worry about this and upon reinstallation, your save will return too. Too see if your game is Steam Cloud supported, look in the list view of your Steam library and see if there is a little cloud to the right of the game name.

Lets say if I do uninstall? Would I lose achievements?

If you are talking about Steam achievements, do not worry about it. These will stay even if you uninstall your game.

Nekro is really fun so far, even in its unfinished state.

Lets say if I do uninstall? Would I lose achievements?

No

Lose progress towards achievements? Probably

It took me 26.4 hours to 100% perfect hexcells plus with cheating or moving forward through levels without perfecting them. Great game, but fucking frustrating. I feel like my IQ went through the floor. A few hours were spent drinking though. Completely the fault of the game

The only thing I didn't care for was the last major mechanic that told you how many blue hexes were in the radius of that hex. Specifically those levels where that's basically all you had to go on. Still, satisfying game.

Corpekata

Banned
Where are you people getting these uninstall ideas from?

99 percent of games on steam an uninstall will uninstall data files. That's about it. It'll keep your profiles, your save games. If there's something deleting your save file on an uninstall it would be incredibly rare or a mistake, and possibly a rather old game.

Nzyme32

The only thing I didn't care for was the last major mechanic that told you how many blue hexes were in the radius of that hex. Specifically those levels where that's basically all you had to go on. Still, satisfying game.

Yeah definitely. Having that as the sole mechanic was somewhat tedious, although used with others was really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom