• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I had the money for the Witcher 3 collector's set. I'll probably end up pre-ordering on GOG despite getting burned on every pre-order I've ever made thus far in my life.

2 hours into Wolfenstein: TNO, and it's great, story is cool, graphics are above average but the game runs like shit on my system, my i5 must be doing it unfortunately.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
DO YOU TRUST SALSA

STEAM DOESN'T

ibgTnr3pnCJdEJ.png

salsa is cool guys don't believe steam's lies

Santiako

Finished Injustice story mode, took me about 4 and a half hours. The story was super dumb but fun, I liked having
Superman
as the bad guy. The game plays well enough, will probably play again a couple of random matches against bots and then unistall it.

Sajjaja

SALSA YOU GOD DAMN TEASE!

DUDE OPENS A TRADE WITH ME, PUTS THE WITCHER 3 IN THE TRADE AND MESSAGES ME AND SAYS:

"How evil is this? BWAHAHHAh"

THEN HE CANCELS THE TRADE!

My heart....I'm dying......of heartbreak....
and laughter....
but mostly heartbreak...

Salsa pls.

Parsnip

I was thinking to myself that E3 is going to get heated and people are going to go nuts in the threads. Well, I assume, never actually been around here during E3. But considering how nuts people go over other things, it's probably a fair assumption? Anyway, when people get crazy, that's when I usually unsub from those threads. And now I have a perfect parting gif(t).

budapest-ski.gif

E3, I'm ready.

Salsa

DUDE OPENS A TRADE WITH ME, PUTS THE WITCHER 3 IN THE TRADE AND MESSAGES ME AND SAYS:

and laughter....
but mostly heartbreak...

Salsa pls.

what are these lies

pahamrick

and laughter....
but mostly heartbreak...

Salsa pls.

8/10 for Salsa. Needs to work on the evil laughter via text.

I will be busy for 90% of E3 so it will be hard for me to get banned. Really looking forward to it though, should be some neat stuff this year given the generational transition.

Don't think hype has made me act crazy in many years though so I'd be safe even if I wasn't busy :p

How much is the Witcher 3 in the US? $60 discounted to $50.99 seems like a price error for Australia (ES says $54, but that doesn't seem right)

Nzyme32

2 hours into Wolfenstein: TNO, and it's great, story is cool, graphics are above average but the game runs like shit on my system, my i5 must be doing it unfortunately.

I have a question Dear Leader. Is the AI in game as abysmal as some videos make it out to be? I saw a good two hours of a Vinesauce stream of the 360 version, and there are points where enemies just walk past you or walk slowly, screaming at you and attack every 5 seconds. Then there were situations where you could stand in a position and they would twitch around, unsure of what to do

Nzyme32

How much is the Witcher 3 in the US? $60 discounted to $50.99 seems like a price error for Australia (ES says $54, but that doesn't seem right)

There was a price error here in the UK where it was 30% off at base cost and now it has gone up. At the same time, the Aus price jumped up, when it seems that it shouldn't have. I would assume the price will be sorted out soon

Grief.exe

I was thinking to myself that E3 is going to get heated and people are going to go nuts in the threads. Well, I assume, never actually been around here during E3. But considering how nuts people go over other things, it's probably a fair assumption? Anyway, when people get crazy, that's when I usually unsub from those threads. And now I have a perfect parting gif(t).

budapest-ski.gif

E3, I'm ready.

The console threads will be a minefield.

Salsa

budapest-ski.gif

E3, I'm ready.

E3 better known as "will I be not be banned to make the summer sale thread" 2014 edition

need to remind myself to drink less coffee during those conferences

Grief.exe

E3 better known as "will I be not be banned to make the summer sale thread" 2014 edition

I'm going to miss all the conferences this year as I will be working during that time. Going to have to rely on Twitter and GAF to keep me up to date.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Planet Stronghold has a potential lesbian romance too.

The writing is similar to bad Dragon Age 2/Mass Effect 3 fanfiction.

I am really glad the developer hired a new writer for his sequels.

Greenshot, provides various different capture methods for precision of what you want to get and a ton of export options including pushing to photoshop, dropbox, imgur, etc.

Oh thanks!

Probably snipping tool.

Greenshot or another one?

I have a question Dear Leader. Is the AI in game as abysmal as some videos make it out to be? I saw a good two hours of a Vinesauce stream of the 360 version, and there are points where enemies just walk past you or walk slowly, screaming at you and attack every 5 seconds. Then there were situations where you could stand in a position and they would twitch around, unsure of what to do

It's not bad but it's not great either, in combat the AI is fine, they take cover appropriately and don't act stupid, but during stealth I've had them walk right by me without seeing me, and I haven't noticed any twitching or anything like that.

Hopefully the crackdown on the "We just saw a game that may or may not be good and we can't play for a couple of years but does this make you want to buy that console RIGHT NOW and did they just win E3?"

Threads will help matters somewhat.

The_Monk

Less... coffee? That's the worst thing you ever said, Salsa. Ever! ;)

As for the E3 I can't wait, and I honestly never found any thread to be a minefield, I just wish people would understand how different opinions work, accept them and be polite to each other. Guess it's too much to ask for some.

I do feel bad for some of the Mods during these busy times, they need to check and lock a lot of poorly-made threads, low on info and based only on high levels of hype not to mention when people start to stab each other over exclusives, resolutions, elitism, and so on.

fallout

I tell myself every year that I don't care about E3, but somehow find myself following the threads and reacting along.

Salsa

I tell myself every year that I don't care about E3, but somehow find myself following the threads and reacting along.

I really don't care that much about anything in terms of "omg games!" since I dont own any console that isnt a 3DS this gen, but it's still fun

Parsnip

The console threads will be a minefield.
Steamgaf will be my safe haven.

Which reminds me, I should probably double check when the conferences are my time. If I remember right Ubi and Sony are like 1am and 4am, at that point coffee is practically a requirement for me.

This is gonna be my first E3 as a primary PC guy. Looking forward to panic before press releases confirm most of this stuff if coming out here.

Cheddahz

Banned
My mom is currently playing through Gone Home (yes, my mom has a Steam account). Maybe if I remember, I'll let you guys know what she thought of it

Does anyone know how to disable the CD key message that appears at the bottom right when in-game? I'm playing Dead Rising 2, and it keeps showing the CD key message. I can't do the Shift+Tab trick, because if I do it won't let me use the controller (I don't know why it does this but a lot of people said it happens to them as well).

Any suggestions?

Salsa

Does anyone know how to disable the CD key message that appears at the bottom right when in-game? I'm playing Dead Rising 2, and it keeps showing the CD key message. I can't do the Shift+Tab trick, because if I do it won't let me use the controller (I don't know why it does this but a lot of people said it happens to them as well).

Any suggestions?

well, you do it once, and then check the box that says "dont show me this message again"

I find that the "do not show again" option doesn't save a lot of the time. Have seen it for quite a few games multiple times. And it's annoying because I don't think there's a single time outside of one or two GFWL games where it was actually useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom