• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, you do it once, and then check the box that says "dont show me this message again"

Thanks, problem solved. I just had to check that box again. I did it before, but I guess it didn't save it the first time.

I find that the "do not show again" option doesn't save a lot of the time. Have seen it for quite a few games multiple times. And it's annoying because I don't think there's a single time outside of one or two GFWL games where it was actually useful.

That's what happened with me. It worked the last 3 times I started the game, then just started appearing again.

DO YOU TRUST SALSA

STEAM DOESN'T

ibgTnr3pnCJdEJ.png

salsa is cool guys don't believe steam's lies

SalsaShark
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(Today, 08:14 PM)

Hopefully the crackdown on the "We just saw a game that may or may not be good and we can't play for a couple of years but does this make you want to buy that console RIGHT NOW and did they just win E3?"

Threads will help matters somewhat.

The "did XX win E3?" are the dumbest threads to grace GAF on a consistent basis. Seriously....does it matter? Ask again in a few years.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
The writing is similar to bad Dragon Age 2/Mass Effect 3 fanfiction.

I am really glad the developer hired a new writer for his sequels.

I'm going to have to pick up playing it again. I don't really want to, but card money and I don't want to just idle for the cards since I'm trying to clear the backlog for new games. Everything about Planet Stronghold just isn't good. Even the battles aren't enjoyable.

I think the "So did XX convince you to buy a YY?" threads are much more annoying. I fully expect to see a bunch of threads like that for the Xbone.

I get the feeling that there will be even more for the Wii U, and they will be filled with "$99-$50 in a bargain bin or bust" style posts.

I predict no less than 10 "Did the Zelda U trailer convince you to buy a WiiU?" at some point
I get the feeling that there will be even more for the Wii U, and they will be filled with "$99-$50 in a bargain bin or bust" style posts.
Is the scuttlebutt that Wii U Zelda is getting revealed this E3? If it is, then yeah I expect them too. It'll be 44% guys who already have a Wii U, 44% bargain bin posts, and the remaining 12% will be responses from people who were or are actually considering getting a Wii U.

mr_tc

Well I won Vanguard Princess earlier but the indie gala link wasn't copied fully. So I hope the anonymous giver sees this.

Well I finished the MK9 story mode. Even though the last battle was basically "Out-cheap Emperor Cheapy McCheaperson with the same set of moves," I felt it was really well done overall. I've tried the first few challenge tower things. Seems kinda fun. Give that a go later.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Is the scuttlebutt that Wii U Zelda is getting revealed this E3? If it is, then yeah I expect them too. It'll be 44% guys who already have a Wii U, 44% bargain bin posts, and the remaining 12% will be responses from people who were or are actually considering getting a Wii U.

It's confirmed that the new Zelda game will be at E3 in some capacity.

I tried playing more of Planet Stronghold but I give up for now. I'll play it again at some point but it's just not fun. Starting up the Last Express to wash away the awfulness.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yup, the story is pretty meh. Switch it up with the side content when you can.

That'll work for some time but even the secondary content adheres to strict and limited templates, so he'll get burnt out on those missions, too. Ubi has managed to break down open-world game development to almost a scientific level and so while it can pump out new entries within a year or two by just throwing people at a project, the structure of the game outside of (some) main missions is just cookie-cutter monotony, with only the smallest of flourishes implemented in a futile attempt to make the encounters seem unique.

It's no secret that I love my Ubi collectathons, but there's a reason its open-world titles all feel the same: it's because they are.

rtcn63

I liked Far Cry 3. Yes it was repetitive and hunting did suck, but at least you got upgradeable weapons and a weird mindfuck of a story. Prefer it over Ubi's third-person games by a mile. I think I took over all the bases, and I normally rarely enjoy sidequests in these things.

Sajjaja

I don't believe Salsa is really.

I think he needs to gift me Witcher 3 to prove he's real.

Only why to verify your legitimacy is to buy me a copy of The Witcher 3. I have it in with GabeN. I'll put in a good word for you. I'll also tell him to start making HL3.

SALSA YOU GOD DAMN TEASE!

DUDE OPENS A TRADE WITH ME, PUTS THE WITCHER 3 IN THE TRADE AND MESSAGES ME AND SAYS:

"How evil is this? BWAHAHHAh"

THEN HE CANCELS THE TRADE!

My heart....I'm dying......of heartbreak....
and laughter....
but mostly heartbreak...

Salsa pls.

what are these lies

='(

holy crap you people were not kidding.

Bad Rats is terrible.

I man I expected it to be bad.

But dear christ.

I now know there is a God, because this game proves Satan exists.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
holy crap you people were not kidding.

Bad Rats is terrible.

I man I expected it to be bad.

But dear christ.

I now know there is a God, because this game proves Satan exists.

This reminds me of how I described Borderlands 2 one time: proof that there is no God or that there is only the devil.

Unearthed, Dinner Date, and Ride to Hell: Retribution are much worse.
Oh my god, I have never heard of this game before but after looking at the steam store page, I am so getting it next time I get paid.

Holy crap, it looks hilarious in a very depressing way, I can not wait to play it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I am getting bored of far cry 3 mission.... wtf I keep do the same shit can't I just nuk vass pff

I did the radio towers on the first island so far but I'm not sure how far I got to go through the main missions to unlock the second/south one.

Uplay at least ruined that surprise/ability by saying I gotta get a wingsuit but that's apparently later in the story. :/

Up to Liza, rescued her, got the boat going. Gotta go to the new mission leader person

Major problem I have with the game is the fact that the tattoo/perk system is a progression of mission system instead of letting me go in the direction I want. I want to do chained takedowns? TOO DAMN BAD. DO MORE MISSIONS!
I'm totally expecting this to be late game ability compared to Blood Dragon's early

Unearthed, Dinner Date, and Ride to Hell: Retribution are much worse.

Eh, I'd say Unearthed isn't completely terrible. I think there's something good there if the devs polished it and maybe dropped Unity. It could "nail" the Uncharted clone bits if it actually focused itself a lot.

zeroOman

The best way to make Far Cry 3 more exciting is by playing Far Cry 2 instead

Yup, the story is pretty meh. Switch it up with the side content when you can.

Ubisoft trademark gamplay quality

Welcome to Ubisoft Open-world Game Design. Please enjoy your stay.

WOW..... it's not just that even before
killing vass
i feelt the mission was put there so they buy more time for the final fight which was half shit....

So not many people have bothered to get the achievements for Street Fighter 4 AE since the steamworks transition, I'm kinda surprised.
DlERYsV.png

To give you an idea, that one on the left is sitting at 0.09%. And all of those are sitting at less than .50% completion rate.

So not many people have bothered to get the achievements for Street Fighter 4 AE since the steamworks transition, I'm kinda surprised.
DlERYsV.png

To give you an idea, that one on the left is sitting at 0.09%. And all of those are sitting at less than .50% completion rate.

How is the "game completion rate" measured? By getting all the achievements? Or is there a flag when you beat a certain mode?

How is the "game completion rate" measured? By getting all the achievements? Or is there a flag when you beat a certain mode?
Just by achievement completion rates per game, yeah.

My issue is I start a lot of games when I get them, even if I don't play through them right then. As soon as you launch a game, its achievements start counting towards and against that completion rate.

Since it's under achievement showcase I take it to be the percentage of total achievements you've acquired. Assumption on my part but I don't think it counts games you haven't gotten any achievements in either just going by what I've seen on profiles.

I don't think it's very accurate, my completion rate is at 25% and I get far less than that amount of achievements in most games I play on steam, and I've only completed 2 games's lists.

Myshkin

I must have made some kind of mistake. It's the last day in GoGoNippon! and apparently I'm stuck spending it with the pink girl. Can't believe I needed a guide for this game!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
DlERYsV.png

Most of the achievements for the game require a decent amount of time investment. Sorry we didn't all drop everything we were doing to bring the stats up to the level you expected within one week of the patch hitting.

Most of the achievements for the game require a decent amount of time investment. Sorry we didn't all drop everything we were doing to bring the stats up to the level you expected within one week of the patch hitting.
Eh, bad examples on my part since those are all achievements that had to be reunlocked even if you transferred your GFWL save (just beating arcade mode with the 'new' characters). I expected ones like the threepeat achievement being much higher overall since all you had to do to reunlock it with an old save was winning one ranked match, etc. Like I'm sure quite a few people won at least one ranked match in the last week, but that one is at 3.8%. I dunno. Statistics, how do they work?
Hoop Life. Probably been given a 1000 times away by now but eh
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom