• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

switch to list view. right click the categories if it doesn't show up already.
dS6XF3t.png

Where has this been all my life

Yakkue

Alright question.

If you could pick any Hollywood actor to doing amazing VA for a game, who would it be and why?

I'd love to hear Stephen Fry as a narrator in a game, he would be perfect for just about everything. He can bring any story to life, I think I could listen to him endlessly.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I've been playing quite a lot of Hard Reset (thanks to Terra_Ex) and man, this game is fun! And that's a rare thing; a FPS I actually enjoy. Half-Life 2 was the first and last one. Blood Dragon kinda, but mostly for it's style.

And talking about style, Hard Reset's Cyberpunk city is deliciously atmospheric. Even though the levels are getting a bit repetitive, same old streets in different shapes. But it's still enjoyable to explore and blow stuff up within it's walls. And man, those guns can blow stuff up good. There are only two in the game, but you can mod them into all kinds of cool weaponry, especially the Plasma gun. Experimenting with them is lot's of fun. And they're all effective. Very effective. The should have called the game Boom Simulator 2012, it's ridiculous and absolutely fantastic. I haven't seen so many exploding barrels in forever, and those aren't the only things that can say Kablam. Almost everything in the city is usable as an explosive offensive against your enemies. Firefights are chaotic and a mess, but most of all; they're fun. And sometimes even hilarious.
It was a wise choice to play the game on Normal, though. The game is fairly challenging. (and I kinda suck, but that's a different story)

Apparently, the game has a story as well, but it's really weak and kinda simple. But that's alright, might even be a positive. Your character is Good Guy, Robots are bad, explosions are good. Here are some things that can cause them; good luck!

Yeah, I'm really enjoying it. So thanks again, Terra_Ex.

sprinkles

I must have made some kind of mistake. It's the last day in GoGoNippon! and apparently I'm stuck spending it with the pink girl. Can't believe I needed a guide for this game!
It is pretty simple: If you want to get the better waifu
it's Akira duh
, you just have to visit all the "youthy" places. For the older sister on a second playthrough visit the rest.

Pachimari

-35% is an awful discount. It'll be at least half off at some point during the Summer Sale as it's been $20 in the past.

Edit: I'd say the intention there is for GMG's -20% code to more or less make up the difference (-20% knocks it down to $20.80). I'd just wait, though, as history assures the pack will be no more than $20 when featured on Steam and there's a faint possibility that the discount will actually be a little higher than 50%.

<3

Wondering the same thing. I guess it will be lower during the summer sale... at least 50%

Edit: beaten

I think it was down at $20 during the last fall and winter sales. If you have credit it might be worthwhile, but I'd wait until they start discounting the shit out of it as a promotion for whatever their next flagship release is, as is the Bethesda way. Or just wait for the inevitable GamersGate price mistake.

edit: Double beaten :)

Yeah, I'm in no need of buying it right now, as I got other games.

Thanks, I'll wait till Steam Summer Sales. :)

Kuroyume

Banned
Why does it annoy you? I see this complaint and I don't get it. It's not like going to a store and trying to search through aisles or shelves for a game you want. Steam has a search engine.

Terra

Why does it annoy you? I see this complaint and I don't get it. It's not like going to a store and trying to search through aisles or shelves for a game you want. Steam has a search engine.

It´s so cluttered I am having a hard time navigating in the client. Stuff and promotion, and deals and features and specials are everywhere!

I am usually a very non-whiny person. So when I speak out, it really is a problem.

Lomax

You know, even if I didn't make any credit off of Playfire, the fact that it has gotten me to play a bunch of pretty good games that I've had sitting untouched is a complete win. Just finished a couple hours of Sang-froid, and it's a lot of fun. As much as I hate tower defense games, I really like action tower defense games like this and Orcs Must Die. The trapping system is really creative and satisfying and the story has just enough kitsch to be entertaining. Also, Little Racers Street is a blast.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
You know, even if I didn't make any credit off of Playfire, the fact that it has gotten me to play a bunch of pretty good games that I've had sitting untouched is a complete win. Just finished a couple hours of Sang-froid, and it's a lot of fun. As much as I hate tower defense games, I really like action tower defense games like this and Orcs Must Die. The trapping system is really creative and satisfying and the story has just enough kitsch to be entertaining. Also, Little Racers Street is a blast.

I agree about Little Racers Street. Seemed like a standard bundle turd at first but it's pretty fun once you play a few races. Also the achievements are piss easy, took me 5 minutes to get all 3 of them

abracadaver

I hope this works:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Supreme Commander 2 -- MB-E44B5202D2B7657D - Taken by kudoboi. 10 entrants total.

t1402226679z1.png

Tellaerin

Alright question.

If you could pick any Hollywood actor to doing amazing VA for a game, who would it be and why?

My pick = Gary Busey!

Why = He's a damn bottomless pit of hilarious random quotes, and his own insane philosophies and ways of doing things. I'd go so far as to let him write all his own material, and if it were for say a RPG-type, get him to detail the quests! It would be priceless. Fallout 4 Bethesda, make it happen. Be even funnier if Busey did the "But war, war never changes...".

Gary Busey would make a great Sheogorath in the next Elder Scrolls game. Especially if they let him write his own material and create a series of quests.

didamangi

Get Games is having a sale on some old classics from Square Enix.

Anachronox $1.49
Blood Omen 2 $1.49
Deathtrap Dungeon $1.74
Thief $1.74
Thief II $1.74
Startopia $1.99
Urban Chaos $1.99

Lomax

I agree about Little Racers Street. Seemed like a standard bundle turd at first but it's pretty fun once you play a few races. Also the achievements are piss easy, took me 5 minutes to get all 3 of them

I actually played for about four hours and just figured I'd never get the damaged vehicle achievement but someone in the Playfire thread told me about using multiplayer by yourself to get it. I was a bit sad though when I had to stop using my VW Bus to race with because it wouldn't let me upgrade it any more.

abracadaver

I won a few games already and wanted to give something back. Its 24 hours so that everyone has a chance to enter. Good Luck

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Murdered: Soul Suspect -- MB-F4EEECB1D2E6A874

t1402303544z1.png

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to have to pick up playing it again. I don't really want to, but card money and I don't want to just idle for the cards since I'm trying to clear the backlog for new games. Everything about Planet Stronghold just isn't good. Even the battles aren't enjoyable.

Switch the difficulty to easy. There is little strategy required at that point, you can win every battle by clicking the mouse button repeatedly.

Card Boy

Banned
After going from Lego Harry Potter/Batman/Star Wars Clone Wars to Lego Batman 2/Marvel Heroes i am never playing another non-talkie version of a Lego video game again. They are so much better than the 'Sim' language games.

Aerocrane

I got a question of Steamgaf .

How many of you still play every game with KB/M and not with a controller ?

I still play most games with a keyboard, even racing games. I have a Xbox 360 controller, which I've most recently used to play Ace Combat Assault Horizon because playing that game with a keyboard was a bit painful.

Berto

Just finished Real World Racing campaign. But... screw multiplayer achievements. How am I supposed to get them if the online is dead? Fun little game though, really enjoyed it.

Anyway, went to the developer (Playstos) site to see what other games they've made and I found this gem (yep, a racing game) called Fast Women:

Fast Women is the first “Glam” Next-Gen Racing Game which creates a totally new game experience for hot supercars and fashionable young supermodels enthusiasts alike. You can ride tons of fast supercars, guiding highly rendered sexy female drivers on real-world tracks.

The choice of characters includes a total of twenty five breathtakingly rendered young women, complete with a wide variety of increasingly suggestive stylish dresses, jewellery, accessories and, of course, glamorous make-ups and hair-styles.

The game lets you interact with the girls wearing the dress you choose, during race replays and while they are working in the garage before a race. You can even play the fashion photographer and take photos of the girl in sexy poses next to their gorgeous supercars, choosing the proper poses, landscape or photo set you’d like to see.
homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished Real World Racing campaign. But... screw multiplayer achievements. How am I supposed to get them if the online is dead? Fun little game though, really enjoyed it.

Anyway, went to the developer (Playstos) site to see what other games they've made and I found this gem (yep, a racing game) called Fast Women:

homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif

Spiritual sequel to Street Racing Syndicate. lol.

Vuze

Is there a way to easily check which games in my library have VR support? Wanna set up a category for it but I'm sure I'm missing a few.
VR support is a store flag just as steamcloud / card / etc. support fyi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom