• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruteUA

Now everyone wants to be a member of the Megagiver Club :D

Quantity-wise, I'm very close to joining the club. But it terms of quality? I wouldn't feel right entering a Megagiver raffle any time soon.

I hope this new class gets good results, it's cool to see the real Megagivers get the recognition they deserve.
While I sit here on a pile of Bad Rats.

Pupo

Ooh, new thread
1341884731_BOTTOM_-079_195219.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fucking badges section always down, I wanna know if any game got cards damn it

Grief.exe

You can add Uplayy though. Ubisoft can't remove everything.

The fact that they are actively trying to sensor us from providing relevant information to our peers is what sets me off.

Ubisoft obviously know it is garbage and reduces purchases, instead of fixing the issue they try to keep us in ignorance. Just sickening.

Kyougar

Thanks Shade for Earth 2160. Played 2150 ages ago.

And some questions regarding giveaways (it would be my first time *blush*)
I have 3 games in my Inventory, Civ V, tropico 4 Steam edition and Omerta.
How can I setup Modbot to give away the games like you guys are doing it. i only have the games in my inventory, no Key or something.

Thanks!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

How can I setup Modbot to give away the games like you guys are doing it. i only have the games in my inventory, no Key or something.

Thanks!

gift them to yourself as email, and then post the link in your email

Salsa

Luftrausers is hella tempting

I loved the original prototype and love vlambeer but I've heard you only play for score?

Grief.exe

Thanks!

Check the modbot FAQ linked in the OP.

Happy birthday, gift yourself some Divinity Original Sin.

Happy birthday.

Happy birthday!

You should go buy Watch_Dags Bad Rats.

Happy birthday.

Killer is Dead?

Thanks guys! Appreciate the suggestions, but no Bad Rats...I don't hate myself :D

Happy B'Day!

You know I'm going to say Watch_Dogs but to save you the financial burden Transistor is probably worth a shout (seeing as you recommended it in the last OP). Can't see it getting on GMG for a while for the PlayFire moneies sadly.

Edit: Also why haven't you got anything on your wishlist?

Thanks dude!

I want both of those. Leaning towards Transistor as well as the GMG thing never panned out. Love me some bar filling though.

I have about 53 things on my wishlist, whatchu talking about?

Are you my long lost twin?

..maybe...Happy Birthday!

MRORANGE

A new Steam Thread for my birthday?? Thanks guys! Best present ever. I think I have some keys lieing around, I'll try and throw a giveaway together later.

What game should I gift myself with? Been out of town for a few days.

Happy Birthday!

Evil Within, when it gets a store page or pre-order it.

iQN2Z94VUzfm9.gif

Anustart

Anyone had trouble running Surgeon Simulator on Win 8.1?

Last night I booted it up, changed the graphics from high to medium, then after that it won't run. White window pops up, music starts to play at normal volume, then gets quiet, then game stops responding with white screen still.

Google has failed me.

So it seems that Ubisoft has flagged the 'Uplay' tag.

I checked a few games and not only has the Uplay tag been removed, but you cannot add it at all.
Gee, I wonder why they would go out of their way to remove simple advertisement of their service. Kind of an odd way for them to react. You'd think they'd want to people to see it so they know that they can get a quality Ubisoft experience!

yoshizzle

It was my game number 1800, here is Deadly Premonition key to celebrate.

**HJT-**FLI-GCBD8

Thank you for the giveaway!

Forgot I had this sitting in my inventory:

ModBot said:
Instructions for yoshizzle:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Takedown: Red Sabre -- MB-281A0FFA497AF9CF - Taken by Natty1

Happy Birthday!

Evil Within, when it gets a store page or pre-order it.

iQN2Z94VUzfm9.gif

Thanks duders.

I haven't watch much of this, but seen Dusk's posts. Playing games at night in the basement, Evil Within might not be a super awesome idea :D

edit : and the gif loaded. Yup. that's nightmare fuel.

Kyougar

Hope it works and I didnt eff up :/

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Omerta City of Gangsters -- MB-C3B38FEA60331C6E - Taken by spindoctor. 20 entrants total.
Civilication V -- MB-65EBCB5D38FD7A41 - Taken by Daedalos42. 2 entrants total.
Tropico 4 Steam Special edition -- MB-EFF62FCBFFF19333 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 14 entrants total.

t1401658849z1.png

I donno how i got this in my inventory, oh well :3

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam gift. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Dead Island Epidemic -- MB-FC2E653FEEE73216 - Taken by PetriP-TNT

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
The fact that they are actively trying to sensor us from providing relevant information to our peers is what sets me off.

Ubisoft obviously know it is garbage and reduces purchases, instead of fixing the issue they try to keep us in ignorance. Just sickening.

Yeah, the Uplay tag should be a valid tag, really. Sure, the comment section in Watch_Dogs is filled with mentions of Uplay, everyone should already be aware of Uplay, and Enhanced Steam warns users that the title has third party DRM, but it's still a valid tag. Some people might not know whether some titles need Uplay or not. It's not a tag that's actively trying to shit on the game, it's just warning to people that it is a Uplay title, though I know some people avoid Uplay titles on PC anyway.

Evrain

Hope you enjoy it! Some don't like it as much as me, the critiques I often find are that people find it linear and boring, or they didn't understand the story.

To break down Cryostasis into Pros and Cons (+ is pros, - is cons, / is middling):

+: The game looks pretty good for an early 2009 game.
-: ...But its optimized to shit.
+: The voice-work and sound design is pretty well done.
/: There's almost no music in the game, however.
+: The story is intelligent, reeked with symbolism and references to real world events and folk-stories.
/: However, if you don't pick up on some things or aren't paying attention, the game's story may confuse you.
-: Some sections of the game are needlessly difficult, and some annoying checkpointing in places can make you have to redo sections several times.
+: However, the game has a pretty great saving system, you can save like 100 files and load them from anywhere, and you can save at any time (<-- I ONLY DISCOVERED THIS AT THE END OF THE GAME, IT WOULD OF SAVED ME SO MUCH TIME AND FRUSTRATION)
+The game has some interesting segments where you go through a person's past and try to alter their fate, leading to some interesting 'puzzles'
-: Some of these have convoluted solutions though when other solutions should of worked.
/: the combat is decent, I wouldn't say it's stand-out but I wouldn't say it was bad either.
+: The heat mechanic is pretty interesting and adds some interesting twists to the game.
/: ...But elements of the heating system aren't explained very well.
/: If anything, the few boss fights the game has are unforgettable, to say the least.
-: Not much exploration. Pretty linear.
-: It crashes every once in a while.
+: Some good scares and atmosphere in places. The game has the sort of scares that I'd identify as being "WTF!?" from the unexpected mainly.
+Good variety, new things introduced all the way to the end.
-: A few of the new introduced elements aren't explained well though, and not all are winners.
+: Good enemy selection, some of the later game enemies are appropriately disturbing.
-: But the first third of the game only throws a couple varieties at you, most of the new enemies appear later in the game.
-:Sort of a repeat of an earlier statement, but it's not always clear what you must do to progress.
+: That ending
A very thorough list, thank you! Sifting through it outlines a game from a "young" dev team, filled with ideas and yet flawed by inexperience, most certainly a promise for the future. Is it known if they disbanded or just moved on to other projects?

P.S.: is there a guide on how to publish and format an "impressions/review" post to the thread? I would like to more actively contribute to SteamGAF (and perhaps feel again the thrills of my reviewer days), but wouldn't want to breaks the rules or anything

Tellaerin

A new Steam Thread for my birthday?? Thanks guys! Best present ever. I think I have some keys lieing around, I'll try and throw a giveaway together later.

What game should I gift myself with? Been out of town for a few days.

Are you my long lost twin?

Happy birthday, you two! : )

Quantity-wise, I'm very close to joining the club. But it terms of quality? I wouldn't feel right entering a Megagiver raffle any time soon.

Dude, seriously, if it's something you're interested in, then go for it. Nobody here's going to begrudge you that. Throw your hat in and see what happens. : )

Dr Dogg

Thanks dude!

I want both of those. Leaning towards Transistor as well as the GMG thing never panned out. Love me some bar filling though.

I have about 53 things on my wishlist, whatchu talking about?

Huh? I must be having a funny 5 minutes as when I looked early it was empty. Must be absorbed in Watch_Dogs and all the one button hacking and 'spolding I've been doing that has frazzled my brain.

When will Street Fighter 4 Ultra will be released? I heard it will get 80% price drop if you own Arcade Edition is that right? Is it a toal new game or yiou cna upgrade from AE to Ultra with only 80% off?

I remember when I got my 670 a few years ago and I was so excited to replay Cryostasis because I thought it would finally run well.....and it still ran like shit.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
New thread! OH YEAH.

Question, are there any games on Steam that have like a Time Travel element to the gameplay?

Chronology , a side scrolling puzzle platformer where you go between time periods to move about. A bridge may be broken or not yet built for example, so why not go to the time period when it's in operation?

Sonic CD. Sonic The Hedgehog side scroller where each stage has a Past, Present, and Future version with numerous changes. If you destroy the machinery in the past, the present and future will be altered.

The obvious Braid , a puzzle game where you change the speed of time or rewind it to solve puzzles or get through some basic platforming sections.

Prince of Persia Sands Of Time , Warrior Within Two Thrones, and Forgotten Sands. Rewind time to help you get through sections, or simply just not fail falling down into a pit.

Project Temporality , a one person co-op I like to call this type of game. Where you and past versions of yourself can accomplish goals as those temporal clones carry out the actions you performed and still alter the game world just as you once did.
Other time based puzzles exist such as slowing things down or events changing based on where you view them in the world.

Thinking With Time Machine , a Portal 2 Mod whereyou can create a temporal clone of yourself to carry out actions you just did. Another one person co-op.

Achron , a RTS with time travel story and manipulation for resources and troop control.

TimeShift and Singularity , two FPS with slowing things down or speeding them up or freezing people in time. The later has two time periods which made it interesting enough story wise.

Zeit² , warning it has the Tages DRM, but gameplay wise a shoot-em-up where you can combine shots with your past self is a whole lot of fun. Tages is still terrible though, get it on Xbox 360 instead.

The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom , another temporal clone game as a side scrolling puzzle platformer. Constantly keep creating clones to help you get ever farther in the stages.

Salsa

well amazon points to simultaneous release for Mortal Kombat X on PC

im happy

too bad it's cross gen. probably gonna look the same

I just activated Prey on Steam.
Found it laying in a discount bin in a mall in another city, by pure luck. I paid 5&#8378; to it. So when do I get my badge?
2014-06-01_22-38-01_zps84b3f9f1.png

Chronology , a side scrolling puzzle platformer where you go between time periods to move about. A bridge may be broken or not yet built for example, so why not go to the time period when it's in operation?

Sonic CD. Sonic The Hedgehog side scroller where each stage has a Past, Present, and Future version with numerous changes. If you destroy the machinery in the past, the present and future will be altered.

The obvious Braid , a puzzle game where you change the speed of time or rewind it to solve puzzles or get through some basic platforming sections.

Prince of Persia Sands Of Time , Warrior Within Two Thrones, and Forgotten Sands. Rewind time to help you get through sections, or simply just not fail falling down into a pit.

Project Temporality , a one person co-op I like to call this type of game. Where you and past versions of yourself can accomplish goals as those temporal clones carry out the actions you performed and still alter the game world just as you once did.
Other time based puzzles exist such as slowing things down or events changing based on where you view them in the world.

Thinking With Time Machine , a Portal 2 Mod whereyou can create a temporal clone of yourself to carry out actions you just did. Another one person co-op.

Achron , a RTS with time travel story and manipulation for resources and troop control.

TimeShift and Singularity , two FPS with slowing things down or speeding them up or freezing people in time. The later has two time periods which made it interesting enough story wise.

Zeit² , warning it has the Tages DRM, but gameplay wise a shoot-em-up where you can combine shots with your past self is a whole lot of fun. Tages is still terrible though, get it on Xbox 360 instead.

The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom , another temporal clone game as a side scrolling puzzle platformer. Constantly keep creating clones to help you get ever farther in the stages.

Thanks for the recommendations!

I quite like the art style of Chronology, and i get a kind of The Swapper vibe from Project Temporality. I might try them both.

When will Street Fighter 4 Ultra will be released? I heard it will get 80% price drop if you own Arcade Edition is that right? Is it a toal new game or yiou cna upgrade from AE to Ultra with only 80% off?

August.
$15 upgrade if you own AE.

I played one episode of Chris' campaign on RE6 and it's already way better than Jake's, you guys lied

RE6 is like a "best of".
Leon's plays a bit like RE4.
Chris's plays like RE5.
Jake's is something new, so that's "RE6".
And
Ada's
is exactly what you'd expect for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom