• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

abracadaver

Last reminder. 90 Minutes left:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Murdered: Soul Suspect -- MB-F4EEECB1D2E6A874 - Taken by bornlivedie. 119 entrants total.

t1402303544z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
hmm ok finished kr0 ep 3. i liked this one as i did the others and the lower depths scene is excellent but man this super slow release schedule is killing me.

was just checking their kickstarter page and they only had 8.5k to make this... amazing...

anyways, my one complaint keeps being some wonkiness on the mouse controls which frustrate me a lot but i feel have a lot to do with how they handle cursor position in the world or something so i don't see em fixing it anytime soon

thankfully no hard pazzlers

oh you'd love it

there's not even combat or anything it's just pre-teen girls talking about butts
hmm yeah that sounds like something i might appreciate

Salsa

I kinda dont like when KR0 gives you too many options on where to go

it might sound stupid but it just bothers me when it gives me such obtuse option like "you could go here before there" or "go this way then this way then this way" to go X then "that way thsi way that way" to go Y (like in ep2).

I enjoy the game but the pace is really slow and I'd prefer to just see all the content on a set fashion, I dont know

zkylon

zkylewd
yea, i can relate to that

i think missing out on stuff is part of the thing about the game but sometimes like in the distillery it can be sort of annoying

Arthea

Summer sale talk?
My ss wishlist is as follows:
Child of Light (I even plan to play it, if it goes on sale and I buy it)
Cinders (very interested in it, the price point seemed a tad too high to jump in)
DYNASTY WARRIORS 8 (again base price 50€, need to be lower)
Triple Town (it's still in my wl, yea (><)
Demonicon ($5 game)
Wolfenstein (base price 50&#8364;, too much)
Banished (not sure why I waited so long with this, as well can wait for summer sale)

Also I need South Park to go on sale at gmg, but I can wait with this one, the more credit I'll have for it the better.

edited: talking about lego LOTR. Just understood how many collectibles it has, I got close to nothing of what I could get. (><)
This game is dangerous indeed. Also playing with kb is sorta painful, will try controller next time.

zkylon

zkylewd
i only want stanley parable for 5 bucks and ass creed 4 for 10

everything else won't get discounted enough i bet and ass creed is a stretch already

(cheap transistor, divinity original sin, always sometimes monsters and prison architect i would like too but they're not happening)

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Summer sale talk?
My ss wishlist is as follows:
Child of Light (I even plan to play it, if it goes on sale and I buy it)
Cinders (very interested in it, the price point seemed a tad too high to jump in)
DYNASTY WARRIORS 8 (again base price 50€, need to be lower)
Triple Town (it's still in my wl, yea (><)
Demonicon ($5 game)
Wolfenstein (base price 50€, too much)
Banished (not sure why I waited so long with this, as well can wait for summer sale)

Also I need South Park to go on sale at gmg, but I can wait with this one, the more credit I'll have for it the better.

edited: talking about lego LOTR. Just understood how many collectibles it has, I got close to nothing of what I could get. (><)
This game is dangerous indeed. Also playing with kb is sorta painful, will try controller next time.

I'd wait for a really really big discount for DW8. The port is atrocious

Salsa

South Park is GOTY so far so everyone should jump on whatever discount it gets

havent regretted getting a game on release like that in quite a while

I was so in the mood for it and it left me satisfied as shit

zkylon

zkylewd
oh, yeah, stanley parable too

AssPirate at $10 is a stretch but im willing to go <$20 probably
yeah, it's a stretch but i'm not interested enough to put down the 15 bucks.

i'd rather just use that money for the dks2 season pass

Will early access games like stomping land or the forest be part of the summer sale ?

i dunno if those specifically but there have been early access games on like autumn sale before

South Park is GOTY so far so everyone should jump on whatever discount it gets

havent regretted getting a game on release like that in quite a while

I was so in the mood for it and it left me satisfied as shit
yea i want that one too but it's gonna be something uncomfortable like 25 bucks or something

i don't buy stuff for >20$ on sales anymore

made that one mistake with skyrim buying it for 40 bucks and it just pains me the asado i missed spending that money on :c

The_Monk

Summer sale talk?

I hope Capcom does not pull the same move as the last time. They had many 75% OFF titles (Resident Evil 5, Lost Planet, etc) that were going to keep being discounted until the last day. They were great for those last day purchases but not even half the sale was gone, they reverted back to normal price.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
yea i want that one too but it's gonna be something uncomfortable like 25 bucks or something

i don't buy stuff for >20$ on sales anymore

I'd guess -33%, maybe -40%.

made that one mistake with skyrim buying it for 40 bucks and it just pains me the asado i missed spending that money on :c

I pre-ordered Skyrim because dragons but then throughout all my 80-odd hours with the game didn't get far enough into the main mission line to reach the point where they randomly spawn, haha.

I pre-ordered Skyrim because dragons but then throughout all my 80-odd hours with the game didn't get far enough into the main mission line to reach the point where they randomly spawn, haha.

This reminds me, I also want Skyrim Legendary for the summer sale, but I'll only get it if it goes 75% off.

Arthea

I'd wait for a really really big discount for DW8. The port is atrocious

ya, I know, most likely I'll wait for -75% on this one, that won't happen at summer sale, too early.

This reminds me, I also want Skyrim Legendary for the summer sale, but I'll only get it if it goes 75% off.

I think it already went on -75% once before, not sure, but I remember something like that.
or maybe it was -66%

zkylon

zkylewd
eh i just can't get past like 5 hours before being bored to death

no matter how many meaningful gameplay injecting mods i install, there's just no way to make that game interesting

The_Monk

You snooze, you lose.

Well, you know those hidden gems we usually save for last or even make a thread about it? Those were my little gems that was going to be the last purchases. Either way, lesson learned. ;) (watch them doing the same again this year)

Arthea

eh i just can't get past like 5 hours before being bored to death

no matter how many meaningful gameplay injecting mods i install, there's just no way to make that game interesting

5 hours? I've played 3 hours or so at my sis place, from her save somewhere in the middle of the game I think, and about 2 hours from the beginning when I bought it as if I wouldn't know better. Ya, 5 hours (><)

I should try some mods, still haven't tried any, but that's just seems too much work, if you know what I mean.

I think it already went on -75% once before, not sure, but I remember something like that.
or maybe it was -66%

I don't know, it might have, but base price was too high or something. I remember it being 10&#8364; or more so I passed, at current base price it will be 7.5&#8364; at 75% off.

Not sure what I'm waiting for in the Summer sale (Consults wishlist):

• South Park
  • Thief (sub $10)
  • Consortium
  • Don't Starve
  • Gunpoint
  • Banished

Arthea

This Summer Sale is the first when all publishers have direct control over their discounts, right?

oh ya, I forgot about that.
Most likely we'll see less -75% than before. I hope I'm wrong on this.

Not sure what I'm waiting for in the Summer sale (Consults wishlist):

• South Park
  • Thief (sub $10)
  • Consortium
  • Don't Starve
  • Gunpoint
  • Banished

you are willing to pay $10 for Thief?! It's my another $5 game. I haven't included it in my list, as I think it won't go that low this sale.

Arthea

If you've already used up your -25% code, then yes.

I knew that playfire will screw us somehow. It did. First we had codes only to work with purchases 10€ or more, then credit didn't work with them, then there are no -20% on everything at all anymore.
I know it's not popular opinion, but I would prefer old ways, -20% on everything without restrictions and no playfire. (><)

zkylon

zkylewd
yea if only there was a version for an actual good game like new vegas :I

5 hours? I've played 3 hours or so at my sis place, from her save somewhere in the middle of the game I think, and about 2 hours from the beginning when I bought it as if I wouldn't know better. Ya, 5 hours (><)

I should try some mods, still haven't tried any, but that's just seems too much work, if you know what I mean.
there's a couple good ones, i have to deal with the hassle to remove the spiders so i figure if i'm bothering with that i might as well just try and de-bethesdify as much as possible

my problem with the game is something that just can't be fixed by mods, that every time someone opens their mouth i go zzz and combat can't really be called combat.

I knew that playfire will screw us somehow. It did. First we had codes only to work with purchases 10€ or more, then credit didn't work with them, then there are no -20% on everything at all anymore.
I know it's not popular opinion, but I would prefer old ways, -20% on everything without restrictions and no playfire. (><)

It might just be because they're running their summer sale right now. I'd be kinda surprised if 20% doesn't return after the sale.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

To be fair, there is a large-scale sale going on. I'd reserve judgement until after regular programming has resumed.

Just beat Wolfenstein: New Order. I don't think I have enjoyed an FPS campaign that much since, I dunno, Half-Life 2. I'm curious, do the different
timeline's
offer any significant differences in the overall campaign? I imagine the changes are largely superficial but I'm tempted to simply replay regardless, maybe use a guide for all of the collectibles I missed and actually aim to unlock all of the perks.

I know that id is currently cranking away on the latest Doom but I would love it if Machine Games got a crack at Doom or perhaps, more immediately, Quake. They just nailed Wolfenstein so damned well. It's probably the best mix of old and new shooter design I've played period. Not that there are many games attempting this, most go for one extreme or the other. I hope Bethesda keep Machine Games around, that was a damned good shooter.

Pachimari

If you've already used up your -25% code, then yes.

Hmm, I don't think I have used a 25% voucher in a while. I just couldn't find such a voucher at isthereanydeal.com.

Just got Hitman 1, 2, Absolution, Mini Ninjas and Kane & Lynch 1 and 2.

Also really hoping for a Capcom sale today. Need that DMC4 and DmC.

Kind of a long shot here, but does anyone have any thoughts on the Bone games from Telltale? I love Bone, but I haven't enjoyed any of Telltales work before The Walking Dead.

Arthea

To be fair, there is a large-scale sale going on. I'd reserve judgement until after regular programming has resumed.

That might be true, it can appear later again, but 10&#8364; requirement won't go away, I'm sure of it. (._.)

my problem with the game is something that just can't be fixed by mods, that every time someone opens their mouth i go zzz and combat can't really be called combat.

agreed
great minds and all that (><)

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Hmm, I don't think I have used a 25% voucher in a while. I just couldn't find such a voucher at isthereanydeal.com.

Did that Hitman pack include the Sniper Challenge? I've been looking to get my hands on it recently.

Arthea

Talking about Stardock games, I have all games I want, I think, but only few dlcs and I never have seen packages of games with dlcs or dlcs packages. Does Stardock don't do those at all? I know dlcs are discounted separatelly, but -50% it's not what I'm looking for and I would prefer package for some games.

JustLynx

I would've gotten that Kane&Lynch pack, but it's missing the DLCs :(

Garcia

The current deals at GMG and GG of The Binding of Isaac are DRM free, right? Are Steam keys impossible to get once you buy the game like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom