• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

Oh shiet I inadvertently threatened with a lawsuit my ISP, also warning them that I'll disable my direct debit payments for contract breach (too slow + too much downtime), one month before Summer Sale.

WHAT HAVE I DONE

_hekk05

Banned
Oh shiet I inadvertently threatened with a lawsuit my ISP, also warning them that I'll disable my direct debit payments for contract breach (too slow + too much downtime), one month before Summer Sale.

WHAT HAVE I DONE

Fuck 'em. Live life dangerously. Fight for a non-third-world internet service

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What're the chances that SEGA announce more classics for Steam during E3?

I think Gamescom is more likely, unless Sega has releases that are due to hit before late August. E3 is overly platform holder-centric.

QJaBZnJ.jpg

This is still the only thing that I can see when I try to access GMG without VPN.

Same here.

Using the Taiwan-VPN I get this message, but using no VPN from China I can access GMG without any problem.

Tizoc

WHAT HAVE I DONE

Use the Steam iOS or Android App!

I think Gamescom is more likely, unless Sega has releases that are due to hit before late August. E3 is overly platform holder-centric.

Is Gamescom 2014 in August?

Your face is facing the wrong way.

Have you ever stopped and thought how their ears would actually look like with how they're over their head like that?

Copons

Fuck 'em. Live life dangerously. Fight for a non-third-world internet service

I dunno, in Italy is like 1st world internet never really came. I remember a couple of years ago when we changed ISP in my office, it took them TWO months because the two previous ISPs fucked up real good with cables and whatnot and the new one needed to basically tear down half the basement of the building to find out what was wrong.
I hope in my house, being a relatively new building (even if it was built like total crap), should be easier to replace stuff.
But fact is I don't trust Italian ISPs. They all suck and internet quality is always invariably hit and miss (like, I have the same provider as my parents, we live 6km apart, and they are super happy, with like stable 30Mbps/3Mbps, while I'm often struggling to maintain more than 5 consecutive minutes online with 4/0.3, and 300Kbps of upload is PLAIN WRONG), with literally no possibility to check before buying. :(

Use the Steam iOS or Android App!

My phone is, like, worse than my home internet connection.
Also reading SteamGAF during sale on a mobile device is probably the most painful experience ever. :D

Have you ever stopped and thought how their ears would actually look like with how they're over their head like that?
Notice how cat-eared people in art/games/whatever either have hair covering the sides of their heads, or 2 sets of ears. Just imagine not having ears on the sides of your head, and how aesthetically weird that would be.

Jawmuncher

I hope we get some Halo PC announcements today during MSs conference.

I bet we will. Maybe just something quick when they talk about that Halo Anniversary pack.
" this pack is for xbox one, but we have good news for our pc fans. Halo 1, 2, and 3 will be availble on PC this year as well"

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Pondering hard whether I should grab the Borderlands bundle (2 copies) on GMG. I really want BL2 GOTY though..

Should I go for it or wait for the Steam sale?

Wait for the Steam sale. It will be cheaper

Or wait for Gearbox to release the Borderlands 2 GOTY Ultra Ultimate Superwow Remix Edition, as the GOTY does not even include all the DLC

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Pondering hard whether I should grab the Borderlands bundle (2 copies) on GMG. I really want BL2 GOTY though..

Should I go for it or wait for the Steam sale?

I wouldn't expect more than 75% off on Steam. That'd put Borderlands GOTY alone at $7.50 (there's no Borderlands + Borderlands 2 bundle).

Edit: Having crunched the numbers:
GMG bundle + Borderlands 2 GOTY DLC (assuming a 50% discount, as history suggests): $19.98
Borderlands GOTY + Borderlands 2 GOTY on Steam (assuming ideal scenario of both being discounted by 75%): $17.50
Borderlands GOTY + Borderlands 2 GOTY on Steam (assuming a discount of 75% for the former and 66% for the latter): $21.10

Of the two Steam discount scenarios, the second is more likely to me as the last time Borderlands 2 GOTY went on sale it was just half off ($20).

Pachimari

Before the deal runs out, is Magic 2014 worth getting if I already have Hearthstone? And won't players transfer to the 2015 version?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Or wait for Gearbox to release the Borderlands 2 GOTY Ultra Ultimate Superwow Remix Edition, as the GOTY does not even include all the DLC

This is why my policy is to wait for the US$5-7.50 deal that includes all of the DLC's when it comes to Borderlands titles.

Uzzy

I bet we will. Maybe just something quick when they talk about that Halo Anniversary pack.
" this pack is for xbox one, but we have good news for our pc fans. Halo 1, 2, and 3 will be availble on PC this year as well"

Nah, they'll pretend it's an exclusive, then in six months time it'll be 'well, it was always console exclusive'

Arthea

Before the deal runs out, is Magic 2014 worth getting if I already have Hearthstone? And won't players transfer to the 2015 version?

It depends, I think it's worth for singlepay alone, at that price, that is. Also I'm not sure about moving, as there are still people playing 2013 and 2012.

Garteal

Wait for the Steam sale. It will be cheaper

I shall wait then. Steam, if it discounts both at 75% will be a bit cheaper.

I wouldn't expect more than 75% off on Steam. That'd put Borderlands GOTY alone at $7.50 (there's no Borderlands + Borderlands 2 bundle).

Edit: Having crunched the numbers:
GMG bundle + Borderlands 2 GOTY DLC (assuming a 50% discount, as history suggests): $19.98
Borderlands GOTY + Borderlands 2 GOTY on Steam (assuming ideal scenario of both being discounted by 75%): $17.50
Borderlands GOTY + Borderlands 2 GOTY on Steam (assuming a discount of 75% for the former and 66% for the latter): $21.10

Of the two Steam discount scenarios, the second is more likely to me as the last time Borderlands 2 GOTY went on sale it was just half off ($20).
Hopefully they'll be off 75% atleast otherwise it isn't worth it.

Edit: Saw your edit. Thanks for the crunching. Slightly different prices here in Europe.

Borderlands 2 GOTY is already 50% off on GMG and goes for €20 here.
Grabbing the bundle and Borderlands 2 GOTY on GMG goes for €24 with a 25% off coupon.

Steam Borderlands 1 GOTY + Borderlands 2 GOTY (75% off both) goes for €18.75
Steam Borderlands 1 GOTY + Borderlands 2 GOTY (75%/66%) goes for €22.8

Just a couple of euros more.

zkylon

zkylewd
Just use Regina and pretend to be me.

so that's what she called?

i used to play dino crisis on a pirated japanese copy like 10 years ago and never knew anyone's name

used to call them all like redhead girl, black guy, baddie, etc.

I fixed it.

B880Nx1.png
ok i'm officially concerned

$83 for a game? wow I would never pay that much for any game ever (except watch dogs)

it's kinda funny how you say "ever" then proceed to provide an example of the opposite lol

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I shall wait then. Steam, if it discounts both at 75% will be a bit cheaper.

Hopefully they'll be off 75% atleast otherwise it isn't worth it.

I wouldn't recommend the first game, unless you want it for your collection only. There's not much of a community left and it's not exactly enjoyable to play in single player

Neat, you can actually choose between timeline's in the chapter select in Wolfenstein: New Order. I haven't made it to Berlin yet but so far the only difference between the Wyatt and Fergus timeline's are the kinds of doors you can interact with. In the Wyatt timeline you can pick locks, in the Fergus timeline you can hotwire things. If you want to collect everything it seems as though you have to play through both timeline's.

Jawmuncher

Nah, they'll pretend it's an exclusive, then in six months time it'll be 'well, it was always console exclusive'

True thats probably more in line with what they would do.

so that's what she called?

i used to play dino crisis on a pirated japanese copy like 10 years ago and never knew anyone's name

used to call them all like redhead girl, black guy, baddie, ite lol

You hurt me. Would have sworn by now everyone would know her name.
Looks like I have failed. Though playing a japanese copy is understandable I suppose.
Dunno who baddie is unless you mean kirk or gale.

Oh well, better late than never...

1LZCQtg.png
Eh, you look like you did actual editing, I just resized and rotated some, you can still see a bit of the old mouth poking out. I made the mouth a bit smaller, but looks like I was too slow and got quoted on the old one.
BcNi0nz.png

I'm kinda tempted to use this since it looks so goofy. At least I wouldn't get confused every time I see a Banana Aeon post anymore... >_>
what's going on here?
is it THAT time of the day? (><)
It's all fun and games until I stay up all night and start using photoshop.

Arthea

wait, so BL2 GOTY edition doesn't include dlcs? Why would anyone buy it then?

what's going on here?
is it THAT time of the day? (><)

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

JOURNEY OF A ROACH -- MB-3E832CDF62A8261D - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 1 entrants total.

t1402313474z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom