• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

Wasn't ModBot supposed to get shut down today?

Do you think mod bot would enjoy watching terminator 2. That might hold him for about 2 and a half hours

t2.gif

Exuro

Have you checked the steamapps\downloading\226320 folder after the game's finished downloading? Maybe the files are getting stuck there for some reason.
The download folder is empty. It's not downloading anything. As soon as I click the install buttons it says its complete with 0/0 bytes downloaded.

I tried deleting the acf file and then verifying the cache but it still says it validated.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Wasn't T4 a universally panned hot mess?

It received mixed-tredning-negative reviews. In my personal opinion, it was an okay movie with some easily addressable problems and a few fundamental problems.

Now, none of this relates to the metaphor I was constructing.

stuff

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Humanity Asset -- MB-BBDEF77FA74C2FA8 - Taken by drakaenae
Grimind -- MB-10530CADD685BD0E - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN
Gun Metal -- MB-6FE581DC279A65FC - Taken by Halo 2
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-565A55DFD7F7C42B - Taken by Diedac

HoosTrax

Oh ick, I just realize that the DS4 uses a proprietary battery pack. Well, cross that one off my shopping list. I love having a dozen charged Eneloop AAs on hand to swap in whenever the pair inside the controller gets drained.

Although, kind of amusingly, the fact that the XB1 controller does take AAs is rendered kind of moot by the current lack of wifi-ness...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The download folder is empty. It's not downloading anything. As soon as I click the install buttons it says its complete with 0/0 bytes downloaded.

Yeah, it's definitely broken -- the install window doesn't report the download size in both the beta and stable clients.

Edit: Oh, wow, SteamDB now supports (some) non-redist depots: http://steamdb.info/depot/226321/ There's even a history page.

Thorgal

Ive been thinking about this today :

Steam achievements.

Why should i strive to earn them ?
What is my incentive to try to kill 3 enemies with one shot or Finish game on a suicide inducing difficulty ?

Bragging rights ? even if i cared about that , in the end they are still worthless.

As much as it gets hated on Uplay gives points for clearing stuff and i can use those to either buy a new skin or map or anything else from the game .

So why can't steam have a reward system for its achievements that gives me an incentive to hunt for them ?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Steam achievements.

What is my incentive to try to kill 3 enemies with one shot or Finish game on a suicide inducing difficulty ?

Bragging rights ? even if i cared about that , in the end they are still worthless.

As much as it gets hated on Uplay gives points for clearing stuff and i can use those to either buy a new skin or map or anything else from the game .

So why can't steam have a reward system for its achievements that gives me an incentive to hunt for them ?

achievements are all meaningless, as they should remain

Exuro

Yeah, it's definitely broken -- the install window doesn't report the download size in both the beta and stable clients.

Thanks for checking.

Steam achievements.

Don't know if it needs a rewards system per say but it needs more than the optional showcase in the profile page. Valve has ignored the achievement system which is disappointing since I was hoping they would improve it back when they did the community upgrade. Making it easier to compare achievements would have been nice. A dedicated page would be good enough for me but i doubt we even get that in the future.

r3n4ud

Extras.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Soulbringer -- MB-737479EA5AE5E643 - Taken by Eila
Chompy Chomp Chomp -- MB-968B0A6055946F4B - Taken by topyy
Grimind -- MB-CC8C1E67E1694A30 - Taken by Sub Zero

Oh ick, I just realize that the DS4 uses a proprietary battery pack. Well, cross that one off my shopping list. I love having a dozen charged Eneloop AAs on hand to swap in whenever the pair inside the controller gets drained.

Although, kind of amusingly, the fact that the XB1 controller does take AAs is rendered kind of moot by the current lack of wifi-ness...

I have never understood this. Plug a controller into a USB slot, any USB slot for an hour and play with it for like 700 hours. I can't even remember when was the last time my PS3 controller ran out of juice.

derExperte

I have never understood this. Plug a controller into a USB slot, any USB slot for an hour and play with it for like 700 hours. I can't even remember when was the last time my PS3 controller ran out of juice.

The DS4 has absolutely terrible battery life though. First I thought it was a bug, like some sleep function isn't active and the thing drains the max amount of energy all the time but I guess not.

HoosTrax

Or I can just take the 5 seconds to swap in batteries and continue on untethered via a cable.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
The conferences are starting for E3. Good luck to all.

It's not when they work that it's an issue, it's when they don't. Especially a device like the PS3 controller where replacing that battery is difficult to start with, much less not being able to use standard AA batteries once that task is done. That is, if someone is willing to take that effort to start with and not just buy a new controller all together.

I personally had to replace my PS3 controller the week I bought the system, which at the time meant having to send it to Sony for a replacement and that's never fun.

Not to mention, internal batteries do lose the ability to hold a charge eventually.

Anteater

gametrailers's stream page doesn't work for me, just a page with a javascript:void();, like one of the comments mentioned, meh I'll just wait for new threads for new announcements.

louiedog

No one mentioned the Humble?

E3 Digital Ticket

Pay What You Want ($1 or more for Steam and content keys)
  • Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete
  • Anomaly 2
  • MX vs ATV Reflex
  • SMITE - Almighty Zeus Bundle
  • Company of Heroes 2 DLC Pack
  • PAYDAY 2 Orc and Crossbreed Masks
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars E3 Robe
  • EVE 30-Day Trial and Rifter Krusual Skin
  • Landmark 1-Week Closed Beta Key
  • Warframe Booster Pack
  • ROME II Nomadic Tribes DLC
  • One Month of Twitch Turbo

Beat the Average
  • Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection

MUnited83

For you.

E3 Digital Ticket

• Anomaly 2
  • MX vs ATV Reflex
  • Warframe Booster Pack

Beat the Average

That's one damn weird bundle. Bought.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Extras!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Anomaly 2 -- MB-193834425BDDC4D3 - Taken by Gianni Merryman
Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete -- MB-25F01AC64D85DECE - Taken by Alduin
MX vs ATV Reflex -- MB-5470F23FFE9EAFDB - Taken by FauX

Lomax

E3 Digital Ticket

• Anomaly 2
  • MX vs ATV Reflex
  • Warframe Booster Pack

Beat the Average

That's one damn weird bundle. Bought.

Yeah, definitely weird buying a bundle with a bunch of DLC for games I don't have. The f2p dlc I understand, but why a random Rome 2 dlc? Strange. Well, I bought it for MX vs ATV Reflex, so if anyone wants Rome II DLC or Company of Heroes 2 DLC, just let me know, I'll never use them.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i know its cool to shit on COD but I think tht looked awesome /shrug

I need a new rig bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom