• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I enjoyed the swamps. All the mysticism and drowners gave it a Lovecraft vibe for me. Not knowing what crazy shit you were going to run up on also made it really tense.

Oh yeah, that was one of the best parts of the swamps. Even better when later on it turns out that
you end up meeting Dagon and the Vodyanoi, which somewhat solidified the brickmakers' twisted beliefs

don't read that

Nzyme32

Hey Lords and Ladies. Anyone have a recommendation as to where their preferred e3 coverage is found? I'm looking to just stick with one stream (or two if there is a big difference in content)

Jawmuncher

Hey Lords and Ladies. Anyone have a recommendation as to where their preferred e3 coverage is found? I'm looking to just stick with one stream (or two if there is a big difference in content)

The spike live acess is covering everything...think its the same stream gametrailers will have.

Guys what is a good voice chat program?
Does Steam allow voice chat among friends? I want to voice chat with my friend as we watch E3 later today.

Sure.

Steam voice chat works just like your regular msn messenger type thing.

Its in the drop down menu via the arrow on the top right of a message box.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

Gametrailers coverage was fantastic last year. Good content, rewindable player, etc.

Arthea

gonna try gametrailers, I do that every year, and every year I have to switch to something else in the middle, but tradition is tradition.

Aaron D.

I have zero hype about e3 for some reason, I don't really have anything to look forward to, but I guess I might be surprised since my expectations are low.

Considering my Top 2 releases for 2014 are American Truck Simulator and Farming Simulator 2015, I can't say that I'm too hyped for E3 much either.

It'll be fun to watch, but for the first time in years I've got no horse in the race. It feels great to just passively sit on the sidelines and witness the fireworks, popcorn in hand.

giant bomb 4 life

but only if youre a cynical old man cause theyre going to be talking over everything but its all just advertisements anyhow

Dr Dogg

If you must Giant Bomb just for their commentary alone makes the pressers worthwhile.

Nzyme32

gonna try gametrailers, I do that every year, and every year I have to switch to something else in the middle, but tradition is tradition.

Yep, I'll look into a backup

giant bomb 4 life

but only if youre a cynical old man cause theyre going to be talking over everything but its all just advertisements anyhow

That sounds like me!

Giant Bomb has coverage of the E3 presentations, complete with their own commentary and reactions. It is both entertaining and informative.

This is the sort of thing you can expect from Giant Bomb-styled coverage.

If you must Giant Bomb just for their commentary alone makes the pressers worthwhile.

Great stuff thanks! This sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. I'll keep GT as my backup.

Dambrosi

Banned
Talking about Devil

Please read my instructions on those, pretty please!
These are actually steam keys, if you install games on Desura
I hope, I got right keys too. Sorry in advance for all problems it'll cause you
What you mean is that if we redeem the keys with Desura, the Steam key for the games will then appear in our Desura Collection page under "[Game Name] -> Keys", yes?

Nope.

Desura client said:
Spice Road gift you are trying to accept has been sent to the member [REDACTED]. You will need to contact the person who sent you the gift and see if they have another copy to gift you.

Sorry to be a bother about this.

Arthea

What you mean is that if we redeem the keys with Desura, the Steam key for the games will then appear in our Desura Collection page under "[Game Name] -> Keys", yes?

Nope.

Sorry to be a bother about this.

lemme double check, I was sure it's a right key.

Almost bit on that Xcom deal but I have a backlog to win against so I'm passing for now. Finished COJ gunslinger, and all of this Witcher hype means I'm finally going to take the plunge and play the Witcher 1. Going to try going mouse only so as to retain some semblance of comfy couch gameplay.

Sajjaja

I'm currently fighting 2 guards and after 10 minutes still haven't beat them... grrr.

I don't understand. I click, and then I wait until the yellow icon appears to chain attack?

There are 3 stances and 2 swords.

Stances:
Fast (Best used for nimble enemies i.e. drowners, assassins)
Heavy (Best used for armored or heavy enemies i.e knights, graviers)
Group (Best used for 3 or more enemies around you, though you can do 2 as well. The damage scales depending on how many people you hit in each strike)

Swords:
Steel (For Humans)
Silver (For Monsters)

The yellow icon in combat is when you should click to chain your attacks. Each stance has it's own set of chain attacks. The number of attacks you do in a chain can be increased in your skill trees.

Tips
-Be sure to level up Igni as it is very useful against a large variety of enemies.
-Be aware of your stance and the sword you're carrying, and change stances/swords in combat as needed
-You run faster out of combat in fast stance
-If you feel like you hit a wall, be sure to use your potions as there are a vast number of them to help you (increase reflexes, increases health regen etc.)
-There is no blocking

Knurek

It actually isn't funny at all!
How do you afford it?
(...)
Oh well, in the end people are forced to live with their parents forever, and while this sucks, it's also super appropriate for our mommy's boys cliché.

Basically for lot of people either this, or immigration to UK/Holland.

Grief.exe

Guys what is a good voice chat program?
Does Steam allow voice chat among friends? I want to voice chat with my friend as we watch E3 later today.

Most use mumble or Team speak as they both provide high-quality voice. Skype is another option.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Was able to pick up an Xbox One controller (with play and charge kit) for $56 from Amazon.

I'll be replacing the wireless Xbox 360 controller I use, but it'll be even better once they release a wireless dongle.

Grief.exe

Was able to pick up an Xbox One controller (with play and charge kit) for $56 from Amazon.

I'll be replacing the wireless Xbox 360 controller I use, but it'll be even better once they release a wireless dongle.

You just need a micro USB cable, right? The play and charge kits I saw next to the DS4 were absurdly expensive.

I think it's one of those "experimental", very indie games. (As opposed to one of those Germans games where you engage in a mundane profession)

I played through what's available on Early Access and it's like Dear Esther but with a bit more exploration and some light puzzles. I haven't kept up with the development so I have no idea if it's going to continue on a Dear Esther-like path or become more puzzle oriented.

From New Indiegala Monday bundle:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle -- MB-18679FC2C495AFF3 - Taken by Benedict

Pachimari

Can we expect anything PC related at E3? This is the first year where I follow PC gaming at E3 as well. Anything, besides Dead Rising 3 and Halo PC?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You just need a micro USB cable, right? The play and charge kits I saw next to the DS4 were absurdly expensive.

Yeah, I could have got the controller without the play and charge kit and just used a standard micro USB cable. But then once the wireless dongle is released for PC, I'd probably be buying the play and charge kit separately anyway. It also comes with an 8 foot micro USB cable, which is handy.

It was only about $10 more than the controller by itself, so I'm happy with it.

Yo ho ho

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle -- MB-0C25D164CDDA7EBD - Taken by louiedog

Aerocrane

Can we expect anything PC related at E3? This is the first year where I follow PC gaming at E3 as well. Anything, besides Dead Rising 3 and Halo PC?

I'm not expecting any news on it, but SEGA could have new information on Phantasy Star Online 2. Actual reasonable reveal from SEGA could be the Creative Assembly Warhammer Fantasy project, but that is most likely still in very early stages of development.

Exuro

Having some trouble downloading Marvel Heroes 2015. For some reason it just downloads an empty folder. Tried verifying cache and it said it was fine as well as deleting local content and trying again. Has anyone had this issue? No idea how to fix it.

derExperte

Wasn't ModBot supposed to get shut down today?

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Sentinel -- MB-96D39164DC2FC963 - Taken by Vlad

New Bundlestars

Gun Metal
Grimind
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising
Humanity Asset
Nosferatu: Wrath of Malachi (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Realms of the Haunting
Soulbringer
Ampu-Tea (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Chompy Chompy Chomp (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Cobi Treasure Deluxe
Marine Sharpshooter II: Jungle Warfare
Desert Thunder
Manhunter
RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition (Includes Steam Trading Cards)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
happy E3

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle -- MB-DFBF4AB21077DCD3 - Taken by Evrain
They Breathe -- MB-9130EEC5F430FFC9 - Taken by Exuro

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Having some trouble downloading Marvel Heroes 2015. For some reason it just downloads an empty folder. Tried verifying cache and it said it was fine as well as deleting local content and trying again. Has anyone had this issue? No idea how to fix it.

Have you checked the steamapps\downloading\226320 folder after the game's finished downloading? Maybe the files are getting stuck there for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom