• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just installed and played Counter Strike Source for the first time in over 5 or so years. Was curious to see what it's like now since CS:GO is quite popular. I never put a considerable amount of time into it back then, but always wanted to see what the game was like. This was when I was really into CoD but was starting to look for a different type of online fps. Never did get good at it, but it was still somewhat fun for me. Played through a few servers and most are Zombies and No Limit Respawns where I got 13 achievements in a matter of minutes. Just mindless shooting which wasn't so bad for a few minutes. I did play CS:GO on console awhile back but that was short lived.

Also, this and BF2 are the only PC discs I still own.

Salsa

day 2 of the gamefly sale

http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/promotion/334

Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition $2.49
Brink $9.99
Call of Cthulhu Dark corners of the Earth $4.99
Cities XL Platinum $7.49 (Digital download)
Contrast $9.99
Crysis Trilogy (includes Crysis 1, 2, and 3) $24.99
Dishonored $4.99
Dishonored GOTY $17.99
Dishonored - Dunwall City of Trials $3.29
Dishonored The Knife of Dunwall $6.69
Dishonored Void Walker's Arsenal $2.69
Doom 3: BFG Edition $9.99
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil $2.49 (Expansion)
Doom 3 $4.99
Dungeons & Dragons: chronicles of Mystara $7.49
Fallout 3 GOTY $11.99
Fallout 3 $4.99
Fallout New Vegas $4.99
Fallout New Vegas - Honest Hearts $3.29 (DLC)
Fallout New Vegas - Courier's Stash $0.66 (DLC)
Fallout New Vegas - Lonesome Road $3.29 (DLC)
Fallout New Vegas - Gun Runners' Arsenal $1.29 (DLC)
Fallout New Vegas - Old World Blues $3.29 (DLC)
Fallout New Vegas - Dead Money $3.29 (DLC)
Fallout: NV Ultimate Edition $11.99
Fairy Bloom Freesia $3.99
Final Exam $6.59
Final Doom $2.49
Hunted: the Demon's Froge $9.99
Ironclad Tactics $7.49
Lost Planet 3 $24.99
MARS War Logs $6.59
Pixeljunk: Eden $2.49
Pixeljunk: Shooter $2.25
Quake $4.99
Quake II $4.99
Quake II Mission Pack: Ground Zero $2.49
Quake II Mission Pack: The Reckoning $2.49
Quake III: Arena $9.99
Quake 4 $9.99
Rage $9.99
Rage the Scorchers $3.29
Return to Castle: Wolfenstein $4.99
Remember Me $14.99
RE6 $14.99
RE Revelations $24.99
Skyrim: Dawnguard $13.39
Skyrim: Hearthfire $3.29
Skyrim: Dragonborn $13.39
Sanctum 2: Complete pack $8.49
Super Sanctum TD $1.29
South Park: The Stick of Truth $39.99 (PC Download)
Teslagrad $9.99
TES III: Morrowind - GOTY $11.99
TES IV: Oblivion GOTY $11.99
TES IV: Oblivion GOTY Deluxe $14.99
TES V: Skyrim $4.99
TES V: SKyrim - Legendary Edition (ALL DLCs) $23.99
Ultimate Doom $2.49
Wargame Airland Battle $9.99
Wargame European Escalation $4.99 (Digital download)
Wolfenstein 3D $2.49

mostly shit

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Found two Agent Hunt games successfully, second one disconnected. At least I got to roast by a fire.

6F51B87710B1B0A76BEDB01BA75BDF686C8497D3

day 2 of the gamefly sale

http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/promotion/334

Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition $2.49
Brink $9.99
Call of Cthulhu Dark corners of the Earth $4.99
Cities XL Platinum $7.49 (Digital download)
Contrast $9.99
Crysis Trilogy (includes Crysis 1, 2, and 3) $24.99
Dishonored $4.99
Dishonored GOTY $17.99
Dishonored - Dunwall City of Trials $3.29
Dishonored The Knife of Dunwall $6.69
Dishonored Void Walker's Arsenal $2.69
Doom 3: BFG Edition $9.99
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil $2.49 (Expansion)
Doom 3 $4.99
Dungeons & Dragons: chronicles of Mystara $7.49
Fallout 3 GOTY $11.99
Fallout 3 $4.99
Fallout New Vegas $4.99
Fallout New Vegas - Honest Hearts $3.29 (DLC)
Fallout New Vegas - Courier's Stash $0.66 (DLC)
Fallout New Vegas - Lonesome Road $3.29 (DLC)
Fallout New Vegas - Gun Runners' Arsenal $1.29 (DLC)
Fallout New Vegas - Old World Blues $3.29 (DLC)
Fallout New Vegas - Dead Money $3.29 (DLC)
Fallout: NV Ultimate Edition $11.99
Fairy Bloom Freesia $3.99
Final Exam $6.59
Final Doom $2.49
Hunted: the Demon's Froge $9.99
Ironclad Tactics $7.49
Lost Planet 3 $24.99
MARS War Logs $6.59
Pixeljunk: Eden $2.49
Pixeljunk: Shooter $2.25
Quake $4.99
Quake II $4.99
Quake II Mission Pack: Ground Zero $2.49
Quake II Mission Pack: The Reckoning $2.49
Quake III: Arena $9.99
Quake 4 $9.99
Rage $9.99
Rage the Scorchers $3.29
Return to Castle: Wolfenstein $4.99
Remember Me $14.99
RE6 $14.99
RE Revelations $24.99
Skyrim: Dawnguard $13.39
Skyrim: Hearthfire $3.29
Skyrim: Dragonborn $13.39
Sanctum 2: Complete pack $8.49
Super Sanctum TD $1.29
South Park: The Stick of Truth $39.99 (PC Download)
Teslagrad $9.99
TES III: Morrowind - GOTY $11.99
TES IV: Oblivion GOTY $11.99
TES IV: Oblivion GOTY Deluxe $14.99
TES V: Skyrim $4.99
TES V: SKyrim - Legendary Edition (ALL DLCs) $23.99
Ultimate Doom $2.49
Wargame Airland Battle $9.99
Wargame European Escalation $4.99 (Digital download)
Wolfenstein 3D $2.49

mostly shit

Yeah, mostly shit.

Salsa

I wonder if I should play RE6 with a mouse and keyboard instead of laying in my bed like a lazy ass

maybe that'll help my issues with the gunplay, dunno

too lazy, and too QTE ridden/Melee focused anyway

Parsnip

Tried to play some SSF4AE. Matchmaking/online seems broken, as some people on the internet have mentioned. Unless all 2500+ people who are playing it right now are practicing or severely limited their lobby regions and skill levels. I found one guy from Sweden, and couldn't connect to even him. Going to wait if any patching will happen, maybe next week will be better.

It also seems like my fightpad feels worse than it did before. Having some serious issues making angled jumps, for some reason. I wonder if there's a way to mod the d-pad somehow.

DasFool

Have the Playfire rewards been lackluster for anyone else? Seems I just don't own anything that they put on the rewards program anymore.

Salsa

Have the Playfire rewards been lackluster for anyone else? Seems I just don't own anything that they put on the rewards program anymore.

im more annoyed by the fact that a lot of my rewards dont register every singe time and I just got tired of sending a ticket, altho everytime I did they fixed it, but it's too bothersome

I think it's cool, but it's really not in a state of "oh idk what to play so i'll wait till playfire rewards" or let them dictate what I play at all, like a lot of people here are

I find it easier to move in Resie 6 with the controller because it's easier to quickly throw yourself in whatever direction you want and I think the commands for rolling and such feel more natural. You lose the mouse control though which is a big loss.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
im more annoyed by the fact that a lot of my rewards dont register every singe time and I just got tired of sending a ticket, altho everytime I did they fixed it, but it's too bothersome

I think it's cool, but it's really not in a state of "oh idk what to play so i'll wait till playfire rewards" or let them dictate what I play at all, like a lot of people here are

It takes forever to get a response from Playfire support. I was thinking about sending a ticket for a .50 reward that still hasn't registered but there's little point when it'll take weeks to hear a response from them.

r3n4ud

It takes forever to get a response from Playfire support. I was thinking about sending a ticket for a .50 reward that still hasn't registered but there's little point when it'll take weeks to hear a response from them.
And radMonkey no longer shows up here to offer help :/

Seeing all this RE6 talk makes me want to play it again...but i'm waiting for possible playfire rewards for it before getting into it again (all i got is the tutorial achievement).

speaking of playfire rewards, is it working for anyone else? The last thing i got for it is Rush Bros.

beta is beta i guess

None of the Tropico awards have unlocked for me this week.

Also all this talk of Resident Evil 6 makes me want to play through the campaigns again. I really enjoyed them all for various reasons and the final bosses in every campaign were so hilariously over the top.

The only campaign I disliked was Ada's since the lack of ai partner in some sections led to frustrating moments, since the whole revival thing is based around partners.

I thought the Javo and all their mutations were amazing too. I loved all the location damage and mutations they could go through.

Teeth

Hey, if anyone else is in the Rise of the Incarnates Alpha/Beta, please come online!

It's a two on two game and there are only two of us in here. I can't even start a single game because it needs a full player count to start.

I haven't even really gotten more than 5 seconds in the tutorial to run my character around.

Turfster

Makes sense, but he should peep in here once in awhile since folks still ask for Playfire help here as well.

The Playfire thread was started to get all the playfire discussion in, you know, one place, though. (and slow down the speed of the Steam thread, somewhat)

"they" wil hold "us" back another decade again :[

I don't know, in terms of scale Star Citizen and Divinity: Original Sin among others seem a wondrous return to form to the kind of complexity and detail so often unique to pc games.

In terms of pure graphical detail games like the Order are more impressive than any pc game I've seen so I'm not worried about PC devs being able to do things with the extra power over time. Very early on after all.

r3n4ud

The Playfire thread was started to get all the playfire discussion in, you know, one place, though. (and slow down the speed of the Steam thread, somewhat)
So we shouldn't discuss Greenman Gaming, Uplay, etc? I mean, they have their own threads but people discuss here instead. It's all Steam related and people discuss it here too. No problem in that.

Turfster

So we shouldn't discuss Greenman Gaming, Uplay, etc? I mean, they have their own threads but people discuss here instead. It's all Steam related and people discuss it here too. No problem in that.

There's a difference between "hey, this webstore is doing a deal for X game for Y money" and "WHY HAVEN'T I GOTTAN MY FREE MONEYS FOR PLAIYNG MY GAEZM OMG THIS IS SUCH BULLSHIT BECKY" x 50

Anyway.
Shinyloot's 101 days of Summer daily Steam deals:
  • Oknytt 1$
  • Dungeonland 2$
  • The Book of Legends 3$
  • Stick it to the Man! 4.95$
  • MX vs ATV Reflex 5$

r3n4ud

There's a difference between "hey, this webstore is doing a deal for X game for Y money" and "WHY HAVEN'T I GOTTAN MY FREE MONEYS FOR PLAIYNG MY GAEZM OMG THIS IS SUCH BULLSHIT BECKY"
Then god forbid we discuss anything Playfire in here, which is Steam related, but it's okay for people to derail the thread which clearly has nothing to do with Steam. Like I did yesterday :p

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Then god forbid we discuss anything Playfire in here, which is Steam related, but it's okay for people to derail the thread which clearly has nothing to do with Steam. Like I did yesterday :p

If people come here again this year with Origin Sales, I swear to god I'll..... complain about it, I guess? :(

Seems you've been slacking on your duty to build that Steam library, man.

yes extremely. The rewards are quite obscure as of late. I think I got about $3 in May vs. $15+ in April.

The only response :

sbnation-bull-cEYFeDzq0WQ7mLjg10I

April: $39.35
May: $23.90* (once CSRs fix my missing $3.05)

So less, but not totally obscure. :p

Authority

Banned
And here we go,

Amazon: Rockstar Classic Collection
gta-slider.jpg

This bundle includes:

Bully – Scholarship Edition
Grand Theft Auto IV
Manhunt
Max Payne 3
Midnight Club 2

Get it over at Amazon for $19.54.

Note: You can still by from Amazon even if you’re not from the US of A. Just enter a US address as your primary shipping address.

Credits to PCGamesN

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
There's a difference between "hey, this webstore is doing a deal for X game for Y money" and "WHY HAVEN'T I GOTTAN MY FREE MONEYS FOR PLAIYNG MY GAEZM OMG THIS IS SUCH BULLSHIT BECKY" x 50

Anyway.
Shinyloot's 101 days of Summer daily Steam deals:

• The Book of Legends 3$

Becky's not even hot though

Anyhow, that's a good price for the Book of Legends. It's an okay RPG Maker game if you don't mind having no idea where to go and constantly getting lost. You get to have a friendly bear and roster in your party too, so that's kind of cool I guess.

Copons

Well no, I guess the point is that in the last couple of months like 1/4 of the threads consisted in people talking about news/bugs/brags/complaints about Playfire Rewards.

I'm the first who loves some good derailings, but a little bit of variety is always appreciated!

Dr Dogg

The only response :

sbnation-bull-cEYFeDzq0WQ7mLjg10I

Hehehe. Chasing the high framerate, high resolution dream on a budget is a fools errand and even more so on fixed hardware for half a decade or more. Since the dawn of the 3D accelerated graphics card there has only place to turn to and that isn't a console.

I'd just wish we could all get along and sing the praises of the games we play, regardless of platform we play on but numbers seem to get in the way and arguments then ensue. Every Digital Foundry thread turns into a slanging match with some people throwing around numbers and techniques they don't really understand.

Still at least everyone who posts in here, regulars and newcomers alike, and the general mood is that of a happy bunch :)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
And done with Agent Hunt for now. Had a few fun rounds.

As for those who don't know about this mode, here was a few screenshots from my session with some personal captions.

Just walking around like a drunk in China.

Ignoring the fact I managed to kill her, and this is the monster that kills players by impregnating them through their face and then a baby bursting through their stomach, this is awkward. A cool death scene, though.

My days of drunkily walking never end!

Now it's time to hunt agents in a suit.

Turns out they're not hiding in the closet.

Oop! Jake snuck up on me. Seems they found me before I found them. Wonder what the loving embrace is gonna lead too?

Found them again by the Piano, but they managed to shoot me down. However, I got lucky and am evolving.

I have evolved into a lizard! Cause why not?

Least there's a nice pool here.

Sure they won't spot my weak point.

Now a Bloodshot climbing fences spiderman style.

I came to give them my winning smile.

They didn't appreciate that much though, set me on fire.

However, I managed to jump Leon and have the last laugh.

Salsa

Hehehe. Chasing the high framerate, high resolution dream on a budget is a fools errand and even more so on fixed hardware for a decade or more. Since the dawn of the 3D accelerated graphics card there has only place to turn to and that isn't a console.

I'd just wish we could all get along and sing the praises of the games we play, regardless of platform we play on but numbers seem to get in the way and arguments then ensue. Every Digital Foundry thread turns into a slanging match with some people throwing around numbers and techniques they don't really understand.

Still at least everyone who posts in here, regulars and newcomers alike, and the general mood is that of a happy bunch :)

dennis-wigglesxzxw.gif

Dr Dogg

Ok numbers and .gifs of Dennis gyrating. Christ I'm never going to be able to unsee that now especially when I clock one of his post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom