• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I feel the same, nothing grabbed my attention. Luckily the most interesting games, and with that I mean indie games and the Witcher 3, will be released on pc.

I'd like Sunset Overdrive to be on pc but besides that...

We have enough similar games that it won't be missed. Games like Evolve, L4D3, and Killing Floor 2 all have a similar premise to a degree.

Phantom Dust, on the other hand, is really unique.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that bug with indiegala is what happened to me last week, had to email support and shit, they only fixed it the following day

Not sure if already posted but Alienware is going to show their Steam Machine:

Join us at the start of E3 Day 2 (Wednesday) at 10AM PDT as Alienware proudly introduces the Alienware Alpha Console, specifically designed around Valve’s Steam Big-Picture mode, which we believe is the best way to experience your PC games in the living room.

The Alpha, powered by Steam Big-Picture, gives gamers quick and easy access to the 3000+ games on Steam, and over 500 games that are controller-supported with more coming every day.

Durante

Heh, I just spent the last 5 hours programming GeDoSaTo and playing Dark Souls 2. I just now noticed that the press conference happened.

I remember times when I stayed up for E3. Now that seems a bit silly.

Knurek

I watched the griffin fight and cringed so hard. Griffin is a fucking griffin, fighting in its natural habitat. Convenient cliff nearby. All it had to do was swoop and knock him over the edge.
Stupid griffin deserved to die

The only real question - will the game have as atrocious dithering as The Witcher 2 did.
(Hyperbole: It was as bad as in days of EGA).

That would be silly to show off the system running without using it's main input device.

They can use anything they want. Also the way its phrased it might use Windows and not just SteamOS, so really they can just plug in an Xbox controller and be done with it.

Garcia

No one mentioned the Humble?

E3 Digital Ticket

Pay What You Want ($1 or more for Steam and content keys)
  • Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete
  • Anomaly 2
  • MX vs ATV Reflex
  • SMITE - Almighty Zeus Bundle
  • Company of Heroes 2 DLC Pack
  • PAYDAY 2 Orc and Crossbreed Masks
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars E3 Robe
  • EVE 30-Day Trial and Rifter Krusual Skin
  • Landmark 1-Week Closed Beta Key
  • Warframe Booster Pack
  • ROME II Nomadic Tribes DLC
  • One Month of Twitch Turbo

Beat the Average
  • Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection

I won't be able to use the majority of that stuff but I bought for MK collection. =)

Grief.exe

Heh, I just spent the last 5 hours programming GeDoSaTo and playing Dark Souls 2. I just now noticed that the press conference happened.

I remember times when I stayed up for E3. Now that seems a bit silly.

Especially when these conferences don't effect us all that much.

EA and Ubisoft will have more relevant announcements, but I don't care much for Uplay and I often find myself outside their target demographic.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

ph2lWQv.jpg

DNF

maybe anyone would know the answer to this ?
there is a preference in enhanced steam to show the howlongtobeat.com info, which i have turned on. but i can't figure out where this info / link would show up ? i didn't find anything in the game-specific shop site nor in my games overview. or am i understanding this whole point wrong ?

chronomac

Here's some extra stuff from that Humble E3 Bundle:
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Company of Heroes 2 Soviet Skin Four Color Belorussian -- MB-822041B521DACABF - Taken by cardinalmind
Civilization 3 -- MB-A1F8942680ECE456
PAYDAY 2 Orc and Crossbreed Masks -- MB-7D326AFF618DA0B1
Company of Heroes 2 German Commander Storm Doctrine -- MB-D7D1053A2D9929EC - Taken by Belgarion
Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-AC56112AA6E927ED - Taken by Mikurden
Total War Rome II Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack -- MB-B31AD1BE32271F83
Company of Heroes 2 Soviet Commander Conscripts Support Tactics -- MB-CC70D05D69A0EA7B - Taken by GUN-NAC
Company of Heroes 2 German Skin Four Color Disruptive Pattern -- MB-3EF9AE108BA8E142 - Taken by GUN-NAC
The Guild II Collection -- MB-5F57D7FC2B5F085B

maty

We have enough similar games that it won't be missed. Games like Evolve, L4D3, and Killing Floor 2 all have a similar premise to a degree.

Phantom Dust, on the other hand, is really unique.

You are probably right.

On the other hand I never played the original Phantom Dust so the trailer did very little for me.

Zafir

Could anyone do me a favour and post a direct link to the indie gala Monday bundle? No matter what I do, I can't seem to get to the page on my mobile, just shoves me right back to the encore bundle lol.

Tellaerin

yup, i'm never ever visiting brazil now

Bro, now I have this mental image of you standing outside with a big umbrella in one hand and an automatic weapon in the other, glancing nervously at the sky and twitching. And ripping off a burst whenever anything that might somehow look sorta kinda spiderish passes overhead.

(And now I'm wondering if there's a basis for an indie shmup there...)

Arthea

Could anyone do me a favour and post a direct link to the indie gala Monday bundle? No matter what I do, I can't seem to get to the page on my mobile, just shoves me right back to the encore bundle lol.

the site seams to have problem with this bundle, it doesn't load and disappeared from my account too. Oh indiegala, you so chaotic and funny.

Durante

Especially when these conferences don't effect us all that much.

EA and Ubisoft will have more relevant announcements, but I don't care much for Uplay and I often find myself outside their target demographic.
Yeah, the only thing Ubisoft could do to truly hype me would be announce Might & Magic XI, but I very much doubt they'd do that at E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom