• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

I missed that, is it a new TR:Guardian of whatever? Because that game was fun as hell in co-op and that appears to be 4 characters standing there.

yup, sequel is 4 player co-op (I dont know how I feel about that yet, played the first one with a local buddy and it felt perfect that way)

managed to get into the battlefield beta

Uzzy

I missed that, is it a new TR:Guardian of whatever? Because that game was fun as hell in co-op and that appears to be 4 characters standing there.

New Lara Croft: Guardian of Light with 4 player co-op.

Best news out of E3 so far.

Nabs

loooooooool so origin is getting hammered but I got into the hotcops beta

then when I log in to origin I have no access to my library and it just shows me 3 places to get games instead

steam still numero uno

iB3yuehg3TriW.png

Oh yeah, it's E3. I think the only thing I give a shit about seeing more of is Civ Beyond Earth. Gametrailers has a new interview with David McDonough and Will Miller, the Co-Lead Designers. It only shows snippets of gameplay but they have a lot of interesting things to say...if you find Civ Beyond Earth interesting. Which you should.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uex9KqITM2Q

Dr Dogg

Still says 'Processing' for me on Battlefield: Heat :(

Pause never left, and tactical view was still kind of sort of in DA2. They just didn't allow as much zoom out, but it was plenty to actually see everything.

Huh? Shows how much I put effort into exploration of the mechanics of DA2. I think I'm going to play a wait and see game with Inquisition. I mean I've got The Witcher III to keep me stoked on open world RPG goodness next year and the real deal in Eternity is (hopefully) out by the end of the year.

man being a PG fan will be expensive as fuck this gen, PG pls

What kind of game is the MS xbone PG game?

yup, sequel is 4 player co-op (I dont know how I feel about that yet, played the first one with a local buddy and it felt perfect that way)

I played the first game solo and it felt perfect that way.
I'm really not a fan of co-op a lot of the time... but as long as they don't fuck up the core structure of the game to accommodate co-op, I'm okay with it. That's the worst, when games change design direction because they spend too much time focused on some feature that isn't necessarily for everyone. Sometimes it's worse than others, but still...

Studio Ghibli inspired... WHAT?
Looks nothing like their designs, IMO.
Looks more like those old cartoons from around the era when Mickey Mouse was first created. Reminds me a lot of some of the Toon Town parts of Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

didamangi

Crystal Dynamics guy said that the game will make changes according to the number of players playing it. The first game did that and did that quite well too (like actually changing the puzzles depending if you're playing solo or coop)

Pachimari

Why do I only have Battlefield 3 in "My Games" on my Origin account?

I should have Crysis 2 and the Battlefield Hardline beta as well. =/

Knurek

I'm nearing the end of Remember Me (wrapped up chapter 6 just now).

Is this the defining game for 'style over substance' genre? Some of the scenes are just demoscene-like jawdropping, but the gameplay has been only... mildly unamusing so far.

I just wish Konami would hire DONTNOD to make cutscenes/environment design for the next Metal Gear game. They sure as hell got the chops for it...

Aerocrane

Man, that EA conference was pretty disappointing. Dragon Age had a better demo at Microsoft's conference. I wish EA would bring the NHL games to PC again, it would make me buy a new NHL game after a decade.

Dr Dogg

So we pretty much know what's being shown at Ubi's event. Hope there's some more AssCreeding co-op style and of course we get to see their latest game pumped out by the Bullshitotron 4000.

You mean Battlefield: The Town am i rite

Must get round to watching that as I've heard good things.

rtcn63

So instead of demons its dragons, and instead of devil trigger is dragon trigger? Trailer made it looked more like a monster hunter sort.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
guys im starting to think about building a new rig. I know the nvidia 800 series isnt until late this year/ next year, what about CPUs. will i7s still be the thing to get by then or will there be something new?

Parsnip

Huh? Shows how much I put effort into exploration of the mechanics of DA2. I think I'm going to play a wait and see game with Inquisition. I mean I've got The Witcher III to keep me stoked on open world RPG goodness next year and the real deal in Eternity is (hopefully) out by the end of the year.
I'm definitely waiting as well. DA2 had a lot of problems, so they are going to have to show something pretty incredible to get me aboard at this point. I'm also kind of not digging the look of their characters.

ArjanN

Ori and the Blind Forest is also PC

basically everything interesting announced so far is also coming to PC, except for that Platinum Games game (so far)

Once E3 is over someone should make a list of all the stuff announced there that's coming to PC.

It looks a lot more like Monster Hunter or Lost Planet 2 than Devil May Cry, tbh.

Hard to say without any actual gameplay, knowing Platinum I'm guessing the combat will be faster paced and flashier than MH though. Basically if you threw Dante into MH. :p

Dambrosi

Banned
You can call it:
"If we would still have the DMC rights, it would be a DMC Game - The Game".

Uh... Isn't that kind of Bayonetta's thing?

So instead of demons its dragons, and instead of devil trigger is dragon trigger? Trailer made it looked more like a monster hunter sort.

Monster Hunter? Xbone exclusive? Interest has dropped below zero.

It looks a lot more like Monster Hunter or Lost Planet 2 than Devil May Cry, tbh.

Thanks for the info.

donte: beats by dre ed. skullcandy remix hunter tri ace #reload

This made me chuckle. When Cacpcom re-releases DmC with Vergil's Downfall included, this is the name.

Yeah. But the guy is totally Dante. I mean, he acts like Dante, has a sword like Dante and can even transform like Dante.

You mean like how Bayonetta is Dante with dark hair, glasses, and lady parts?

These produced the hugest grin on my face when I saw them. Thanks for that.

This...not so much. I liked the first one, though, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

Interesting that they should elect to use Classic Lara over New Lara for this one.

This Lara's face looks like an artistic rendition of new Lara's face to me. :

Scalebound looks like it'll be a MonHun-like. It looks like it will be much more action-y though, if there's any truth to a cg reveal trailer, so I can see why people would make a DMC/Bayonetta connection in their minds.

MUnited83

For you.
Yeah, but they clearly wanted to push this as a new exclusive IP for Microsoft.

While that did kill some of the hype, the actual structure and content of their conference was excellent.

Well, yeah, I think it was a good conference in general. But nothing much for me except for Scalebound.

Parsnip

Now I don't know what to do for the next hour until Ubi.

I really hope that they'll shed at least some light on how exactly the co-op in AC Unity will work. I don't know that I want that in the campaign, but it might be neat in some sort of assassination mode or something.

Also, Beyond Good & Evil 2, believe! Michel Ancel has to be working on that now, right?

Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom