• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Much like with everything including DD platforms, there is basically no way for Ubisoft's conference to be worse than EA's.

My brief experience playing Landmark with some friends didn't make me want to play it again. Maybe when it releases or gets further along in the beta, but it was incredibly boring and needlessly grindy.

So I can't decide if humble bundle only giving you a week of beta access is a good or bad thing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
theres a motherfucking Castle game on steam o_O

1zvesqw.gif

So is Dragon Age Inquisition going to come to PC? Microsoft presser hyped me but I don't want to buy another console (no room under my TV!). Is there a list of the announced games coming to PC?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
So is Dragon Age Inquisition going to come to PC? Microsoft presser hyped me but I don't want to buy another console (no room under my TV!). Is there a list of the announced games coming to PC?

I mean

I don't see why it wouldn't

Now I don't know what to do for the next hour until Ubi.

Nap, which is precisely what i'm aimin to do

catch you in a half an hour for uplay madness

JustLynx

yep it's coming to pc :D
It's on Origin for months, but it's expensive, like all ea pre-order games

Uzzy

Huh? Shows how much I put effort into exploration of the mechanics of DA2. I think I'm going to play a wait and see game with Inquisition. I mean I've got The Witcher III to keep me stoked on open world RPG goodness next year and the real deal in Eternity is (hopefully) out by the end of the year.

I've got to say, it's a lot easier to deal with Bioware going in this cinematic action rpg direction that I really never wanted with those two games coming out. Witcher III for action RPGs done right, and Eternity for the Infinity Engine feel that I wanted from Dragon Age.

Huh, how did you get to download the beta, I signed up for the site and didn't get the beta! My friends who got it either on PS4 or PC have BF4! Do I need to have BF4 in order to get it instantly ?

yep it's coming to pc :D
It's on Origin for months, but it's expensive, like all ea pre-order games

Not if you use the Hola browser extension and buy it from Origin Mexico. It'll be $45 for the deluxe. I think I might throw caution to the wind and pre-order it myself. This and Witcher 3 are catching me with that "RPG that finally have completely shit action combat" hook.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Let me guess, all of these EA games including Mirrors Edge 2 are definitely origin only, right? Any Rayman Origins situations?

Rayman is a ubisoft game, so no, there is no Rayman situation

I was just talking about how it's basically the only Ubi game that shipped without Uplay, kinda like the original ME was pre-Origin, jeez.

I will be missing out on all of them, still not going to support Origin/EA.

nexen

I was just talking about how it's basically the only Ubi game that shipped without Uplay, kinda like the original ME was pre-Origin, jeez.

I will be missing out on all of them, still not going to support Origin/EA.

You're missing out. The new Rayman games are fantastic.

Garcia

For those like me who are complete n00bs in Tropico 1, you will find that the game can be very tricky to win.

Here are some essential tips and tricks that ain't in any covered during the tutorial.

In order to mantain a stable economy, happy citizens and a wealthy income throughout the game, you should definitely know at least some of these points:

• One of the first things you should build is more construction offices - you will definitely need them before you know it.
  • Build a church next to your palace. Your citizens really like it. Improves your happiness by 5.
  • Build your hotels and tourist attractions on the other side of the island away from the city. (tourists don't like the pollution)
  • Once you really start to stockpile things at the dock, build another one near your tourist centre and set this to 'yachts only', and set the original one to 'freighters only'
  • Shift-click on the wage/rent controls and it will be set for every type of that building. This makes island-wide pay increases SO MUCH easier.
  • Don't clump your houses together - they hate it and it creates pollution like a sonofagun.
  • Keep rent low, because it doesnt really give you much money anyways.
  • Try to keep the wage disparity between 50 and 100%. If your max and min wages are high, while being reasonably close together, the communists and the capitalists will both love you."
  • Always build a high school early, because sending for workers is tough (and expensive) You can, use it to FORCE a freighter to come, if you need one.
  • As soon as your citizens start to ask for it, build industry. *Especially a CIGAR FACTORY* build the cigar factory as close as you can to the dock and make sure you have a teamster's office near it. On average, without the auto roller, a cigar factory can roll in (pun not intended) over $30,000 a year. With the auto roller, that improves profit by 50%. You do the math. Industry might be expensive, but it pays for itself quickly.

Hope this helps you as much as it has helped me to enjoy this wonderful game.

DyTonic

Banned
EVE Online: Trial Key : S8JN4-A7YZC-MTY45-4DFM8-RN97R-2LQW8-T2009
EVE Online: Rifter Ship Skin : KKAZ7V3XUSPGQXPG4692LZ8WV

One Month of Twitch Turbo
99NWM5JN6P4GHMKP

PAYDAY 2 DLC: pm me email
Company of Heroes 2 DLC: pm me email
Total War: Rome II DLC : pm me email

Is ModBot still on the sideline ?

Modbot is too busy moderating and closing E3 threads. xD

For those like me who are complete n00bs in Tropico 1, you will find that the game can be very tricky to win.

Here are some essential tips and tricks that ain't in any covered during the tutorial.

In order to mantain a stable economy, happy citizens and a wealthy income throughout the game, you should definitely know at least some of these points:

• One of the first things you should build is more construction offices - you will definitely need them before you know it.
  • Build a church next to your palace. Your citizens really like it. Improves your happiness by 5.
  • Build your hotels and tourist attractions on the other side of the island away from the city. (tourists don't like the pollution)
  • Once you really start to stockpile things at the dock, build another one near your tourist centre and set this to 'yachts only', and set the original one to 'freighters only'
  • Shift-click on the wage/rent controls and it will be set for every type of that building. This makes island-wide pay increases SO MUCH easier.
  • Don't clump your houses together - they hate it and it creates pollution like a sonofagun.
  • Keep rent low, because it doesnt really give you much money anyways.
  • Try to keep the wage disparity between 50 and 100%. If your max and min wages are high, while being reasonably close together, the communists and the capitalists will both love you."
  • Always build a high school early, because sending for workers is tough (and expensive) You can, use it to FORCE a freighter to come, if you need one.
  • As soon as your citizens start to ask for it, build industry. *Especially a CIGAR FACTORY* build the cigar factory as close as you can to the dock and make sure you have a teamster's office near it. On average, without the auto roller, a cigar factory can roll in (pun not intended) over $30,000 a year. With the auto roller, that improves profit by 50%. You do the math. Industry might be expensive, but it pays for itself quickly.

Hope this helps you as much as it has helped me to enjoy this wonderful game.

I'll keep it in mind when I become my country dictator start playing Tropico.

Dr Dogg

What is it with video games that have to use bad covers of Tears For Fears songs? Saying that Unity looks insane! (well if you're an AC fan if not it's same game different lick of paint)

I'm excited to check out the gamersyde gameplay footage for The Division when I get home.

Yes "gameplay". The footage at Ubi's event was just a CG trailer and the 3 people playing the coverage at the MS event were surprisingly absent from the stage again.

rtcn63

Those kinda-pushups were just too hardcore. I could feel the weight of cities burning and hear the cries of children dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom