• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Those kinda-pushups were just too hardcore. I could feel the weight of cities burning and children dying.

UQZG8MT.gif

Gary is a true American hero.

Vuze

Seriously, that trailer was touching. Ubishit being Ubishit, but I shed a tear. They can make how much money they want from AC and stuff as long as they deliver beautiful UbiArt games like this.

Also, that moment when they came up with that FPS stuff right after this....

derExperte

No BG&E 2. :/

Steam Client Beta Update - June 9th
10 JUNE - JMCCASKEY
We've just published a new beta which includes the following changes.

General
Fixed some free games disappearing from users libraries in this beta

Big Picture
Fix a case where the system context menu for the Big Picture window could be activated on game exit and input would then go to it rather than Big Picture
Fix the Remove Friend and Block All Communication buttons in the Profile actions section to function

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously, that trailer was touching. Ubishit being Ubishit, but I shed a tear. They can make how much money they want from AC and stuff as long as they deliver beautiful UbiArt games like this.

Also, that moment when they came up with that FPS stuff right after this....

You mean you didn't like the amazingly realistic dialogue between players in that completely real multiplayer match?

Valiant Hearts looks like it might be great though. It's going to have all of the feels.

Salsa

?? Watch dogs matched the promised gameplay beats for me.

well I meant visually, specially considering they announced it as "pre-alpha footage from an actual multiplayer match", lol

that said, I also doubt the game will have stuff like that level of destruction, and specally it looking as dynamic as it did there

those hostage animations were also canned to shiiiiiit

Parsnip

Brotherhood Mission marker in the Unity demo with a player count, I guess the co-op is just missions in the world. Not a separate mode or anything. Though I guess it probably extends to the multiplayer in some capacity, wouldn't be surprising if Wolf Pack or whatever it was called would become a Brotherhood mission.

No BGE2... Next year then!

I hope someone, somewhere is dubbing over that trailer with real multiplayer talk, complete with 10 year old boy swearing his head off.

well I meant visually, specially considering they announced it as "pre-alpha footage from an actual multiplayer match", lol

that said, I also doubt the game will have stuff like that level of destruction, and specally it looking as dynamic as it did there

those hostage animations were also canned to shiiiiiit

the destruction, and strategic opportunities it brings to the plate, is the only thing I care about and considering that the levels were pretty small, I can easily imagine them getting close to it.

Salsa

it's not like you can blame Ubi really, Watch_Dogs was like the biggest launch in their career and one of the biggest ever so hey people eat it up

Dr Dogg

Brotherhood Mission marker in the Unity demo with a player count, I guess the co-op is just missions in the world. Not a separate mode or anything. Though I guess it probably extends to the multiplayer in some capacity, wouldn't be surprising if Wolf Pack or whatever it was called would become a Brotherhood mission.

Here's the blurb from the Unity mini site detailing the co-op
Invite your friends to join your Brotherhood, and for the first time, play seamless 2-4 player co-op in Assassin’s Creed Unity. A master assassin knows when to call in re-enforcements, and Assassin’s Creed Unity’s co-op missions allow you to fight alongside other players in challenging and dynamic scenarios. These co-op missions, which exist alongside the single-player story, have been crafted specifically for assassins to work in tandem as they take down targets throughout the city.

Sounds like single player and co-op exist in the same world but are separate in a sense

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/games/assassins-creed-unity/new-multiplayer/index.aspx

Salsa

I loved Watch_Dogs, even with the downgrade. No regrets!

that's alright, im not really bashing Watch_Dogs, just Ubisoft straight up lying about actual gameplay footage and a bunch people apparently being "outraged" but not enough as to not buy the game in boatloads anyway

Salsa

I don't really believe that Ass Creed gameplay either, not fully

im skeptical as shit about Ubisoft in general, they deserve it

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
What is everyone's opinion on "Early Access"? Seems like such bullshit to me, but the one game that's tempting me is Broforce, and it's on sale now.

It's fine as long as you pay attention to impressions of the games in question. If most people are saying a game is broken or bad, don't buy it. If it's hyped, consider getting it. Broforce looks pretty good, in my opinion.

It's fine as long as you pay attention to impressions of the games in question. If most people are saying a game is broken or bad, don't buy it. If it's hyped, consider getting it. Broforce looks pretty good, in my opinion.
I agree. I'm just worried that all of the parody characters - RamBro or whatever it is they're doing - will eventually be patched out of the game if some big company makes a legal stink. Is this possible?

DogMeat77

What is everyone's opinion on "Early Access"? Seems like such bullshit to me, but the one game that's tempting me is Broforce, and it's on sale now.

I'm fine with EA the same way I'm fine with shitty games... I just research before hand before i pull the trigger. My most played game on Steam is Early Access (RUST. 225 Hours).

Uzzy

I agree. I'm just worried that all of the parody characters - RamBro or whatever it is they're doing - will eventually be patched out of the game if some big company makes a legal stink. Is this possible?

Aren't America's parody laws pretty strong? I figure they can get away with a lot under that.

I have no problem with Early Access games, especially not Broforce. That game is fucking amazing. It already feels content complete and almost feature complete (although online is busted for me).

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Why is modbot so benevolent in the e3 threads? Usually its appearance is followed by grey names.

Well I'm doing about 80% of the locking you're seeing today, so it probably just means you think I'm less rude than most mods who maybe do a little more banning than I do :p

Thanks for all the positive Broforce impressions, guys.

I think I'm going to grab it in the next day or two.

BTW, just to reiterate an earlier post of mine: Target has $20 Steam cards for $18 this week and they also have $50 cards for $45 (not advertised, but I can confirm it).

Uzzy

Don't blame you really. Personally I don't believe any trailers will 100% accurately match the finished game I play, which is why I wait until I can see the finished game in action before deciding to purchase it or not.

I can judge the concept though, and what I saw in Rainbow Six: Siege got me interested at least.

Grief.exe

that's alright, im not really bashing Watch_Dogs, just Ubisoft straight up lying about actual gameplay footage and a bunch people apparently being "outraged" but not enough as to not buy the game in boatloads anyway

It's tough for me to get angry about downgrades as it seems like a reality of the industry.

Developers are creating these videos two or even three years in advance, development priorities can shift wildly in that amount of time. For example, 6-8 months before launch there are critical systems that need to be reworked or the game just will not ship. You better believe that they are pulling people off of graphical features to complete the game on time.

Best case scenario would be for publishers to be more open about it. I know that full disclosure isn't what they do best, but being open and honest about some visible changes would probably help their situation.

pahamrick

Don't blame you really. Personally I don't believe any trailers will 100% accurately match the finished game I play, which is why I wait until I can see the finished game in action before deciding to purchase it or not.

I can judge the concept though, and what I saw in Rainbow Six: Siege got me interested at least.

I learned after AC3 that you can't believe Ubi demonstrations. I just accept them for showing the basic gameplay behind the title and ignore the rest, you kind of have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom