• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

It's tough for me to get angry about downgrades as it seems like a reality of the industry.

Developers are creating these videos two or even three years in advance, development priorities can shift wildly in that amount of time. For example, 6-8 months before launch there are critical systems that need to be reworked or the game just will not ship. You better believe that they are pulling people off of graphical features to complete the game on time.

Best case scenario would be for publishers to be more open about it. I know that full disclosure isn't what they do best, but being open and honest about some visible changes would probably help their situation.

I dont mind downgrades in that sense, I mind lying

Exuro

Well I finally got Marvel Heroes installed and the game is pretty fun, however I just cannot play it anymore due to the horrible performance I'm getting. i7 920 + 770 gtx yet the fps is anywhere from 0 to 90 at any settings. Pretty annoying as my brother who has a worse computer is running it much better than I am.

Microsoft doesn't care about PC people.

Only if its a poor performing game, Dead Rising 3 didn't sell much on Xbox One Capcom is willing to port it to make a profit.

Halo on the other hand though will sell consoles and games, it's guaranteed (it's a money printer).

Twinduct

One of these days someone from MS will say 'We are highly invested in Windows as a gaming platform' and no one will care. Really wish people in a more public space would start calling them out on this.

Parsnip

Here's the blurb from the Unity mini site detailing the co-op

Sounds like single player and co-op exist in the same world but are separate in a sense

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/games/assassins-creed-unity/new-multiplayer/index.aspx

Yup, so it seems. That's good, sounds like I can safely ignore them if I want to (and not build a Uplay friendlist). It would be pretty cool if they decided to have both single player and co-op assassination for the same story event though.

Also, scrolling that Ubi site is pretty great. Weirdly build websites are exciting.

Uzzy

One of these days someone from MS will say 'We are highly invested in Windows as a gaming platform' and no one will care. Really wish people in a more public space would start calling them out on this.

That would be nice. It's the hypocrisy that really gets me about all this. I mean, sure, I can appreciate that Microsoft would love for me to drop £350 on their box, and are holding games hostage to convince me to do that. Same with Nintendo and Sony. But Nintendo and Sony aren't piping up every few months saying how committed they are to PC.

That gameplay demo of Assassin's Creed V: Unity looked so cool, the new moves you can do with the freerunning looked crazy.

I also loved how many areas you can just jump right into and dick about in without having to wait for loading screens or anything like that(And the adjustment of the screen for when entering/exiting buildings to make it look like his eyes are adjusting is pretty neato)

Turfster

They did say this like, a month or 2 ago?
And last year.
And the year before that.
Also the year before that.
And kinda the year before that?
All the way back to Vista.

I hope there's a recap thread tomorrow because I'm not following any of this other than the Witcher gameplay and the Crackdown video. Also Halo? But not on PC cuz lol.

Levyne

Banned
I've been limited to peeking at twitter every ~5 hours for e3 stuff. Seems like I'm not missing much?

Watched the Siege trailer and while it looks like an interesting proof of concept or whatever, that banter -__________________-

Salsa

kinda looking forward to whatever Resident Evil shows up

other than that I expect nothing PC wise at Sony, maybe GTAV next-gen/PC announcement

Uzzy

I've been limited to peeking at twitter every ~5 hours for e3 stuff. Seems like I'm not missing much?

Watched the Siege trailer and while it looks like an interesting proof of concept or whatever, that banter -__________________-

Not many surprises really. Biggest news of the day so far for me is a Lara Croft: Guardians of Light sequel (with old Lara) and some glorious Capcom insanity DLC.

I'd be all over Ubi games if they'd just ditch Uplay

Same. Though, to be fair, if they just improved the service and stopped losing saves, I'd probably get it. The UbiArt titles do look good.

Acccent

I'm pretty sure the R6 footage is close to what the game will look like on release, and pretty sure the wall destruction will be the exact same (it's what the entire game's built on). Also I think, but we'll have to wait later to know for sure, that there'll be actual playable demos on the show floor, so that would rule out any downgrade probably

Dr Dogg

Yup, so it seems. That's good, sounds like I can safely ignore them if I want to (and not build a Uplay friendlist). It would be pretty cool if they decided to have both single player and co-op assassination for the same story event though.

Also, scrolling that Ubi site is pretty great. Weirdly build websites are exciting.

There's both of the gameplay demos on the AC YouTube channel with commentary going into a bit more detail about the modes, setting and mechanics. Alex Amancio who was the Art and Creative Director on Revelations is heading this up so should be in safe hands (along with 1,000+ others).

Single Player
Bro-Op

Nzyme32

kinda looking forward to whatever Resident Evil shows up

other than that I expect nothing PC wise at Sony, maybe GTAV next-gen/PC announcement

I'm slightly skeptical of resident evil. They need a change or perhaps a bit of a reboot/refocus on horror, which I hope they do. Still hopeful for GTAV or maybe even red dead. Would like Beyond Good and Evil 2 but got a feeling the money hat is in effect. Also o don't think there was ever a mention of a PC version, but I can dream

Talyn

Are they really lying though? They're committed to forcing PC gamers to play on Windows as opposed to SteamOS or Linux or anything else. They don't care about the games, they care about the platform.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Also I think, but we'll have to wait later to know for sure, that there'll be actual playable demos on the show floor, so that would rule out any downgrade probably

I don't think that having playable demos necessarily rules out any downgrade entirely. Sonic 06 had a playable E3 demo, didn't it?

I'm slightly skeptical of resident evil.

Slightly? I'm more skeptical than Columbo investigating an incident at Oscorp Industries.

Are they really lying though? They're committed to forcing PC gamers to play on Windows as opposed to SteamOS or Linux or anything else. They don't care about the games, they care about the platform.

I can see it playing out like this:

* No news of a PC version.
* Steam Box hardware release date announced.
* Halo PC version releasing on that date -1 day. Windows 9 only.

Salsa

eh even if they do over the top crazy Resident Evil 7 it's still something i'll look forward to playing eventually

they can't really disappoint me profusely either way

Salsa

What if they make it a reskinned Tomb Raider 2013?

It's like I dont even have to talk about how bad that game is anymore when you realize the developers are the sort of people that would name the sequel "The Rise of the Tomb Raider", lol

all is forgiven cause Guardian of Light sequel tho

Acccent

I don't think that having playable demos necessarily rules out any downgrade entirely. Sonic 06 had a playable E3 demo, didn't it?

Well it doesn't rule out anything from happening in the future, but it does confirm that what was shown is what's currently in a playable form, as opposed to something that's not playable and only seen in trailers which could be heavily modified

Shepard

Spaares
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Civilization III -- MB-DF58A3CA609FD6D1
Anomaly 2 -- MB-6E0DD02197B64E91

mrgone

eh even if they do over the top crazy Resident Evil 7 it's still something i'll look forward to playing eventually

they can't really disappoint me profusely either way

After watching the Dead Rising 3 DLC trailer, I'm hoping for the surprise Ben Judd presentation of, like, Bionic Captain Commando 2026: The Arm is the New Mayor of Metro City

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's Capcom, so they'll probably still find a way to disappoint us profusely

edit: Well, I guess they don't have a proper conference so my dream of Ben Judd on stage in a housecoat and cravat justifying wife arms with a sequel is my profuse disappointment.

It's like I dont even have to talk about how bad that game is anymore when you realize the developers are the sort of people that would name the sequel "The Rise of the Tomb Raider", lol

all is forgiven cause Guardian of Light sequel tho

They're putting the Tombs back in though. Even they know they fucked up.

Uzzy

They're putting the Tombs back in though. Even they know they fucked up.

TR2013 had 'Tombs'. So we'll see how serious they are about puzzles and stuff. I'm expecting a few optional tombs with hard puzzles at best.

Can't have people think between slaughtering another hundred NPCs, after all.

mrgone

Now this isn't related to video games or E3 or nothin' but I just found out through a video game news site that holy shit Rik Mayall died :( What the fuck, world.

That looks pretty cool, hopefully there's an option to buy it for cheaper without the xbox 360 gamepad since I've already got three of those lying around the house so I don't need more.

I'm very interested in the steambox, I think I might get one sometime down the road when my current rig can't play modern games as well.

Avallon

Steam just stopped working. I can't access the store using the client or a Web browser. I can't even access it on my fiance's computer. Avatars aren't appearing in the community, either. I'm trying to reinstall, but I can't even get to the page to download it.

HELP!

Crystal Dynamics should make a new third person shooter brand that focuses on what makes TR'13 combat super fun. Would stop the games being bogged down by people disappointed it's not doing things the series has already run to the ground.

The only thing I have to say about E3 is about Phantom Dust and is a huge port beg, so, to keep from that, I'll say that I'm a massive fan of the Steam app.

Give me the ability to add games to library and give me trades and I'll be set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom