• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeth

I fear for the PC version of Arkham Knight.

I want it to work so bad. Without astronomical system requirements. Every DirectX11 game has worked so poorly. :(

zychi

Banned
so I'm basically getting tlou, nhl, diablo 3, and uncharted on ps4
halo, and cod on xbone

and everything else on pc.

love it.

denx

Lots of stuff to be hyped about. GTA 5 PC, No Man's Sky most likely coming to PC, The Witcher 3, Batman Arkham Knight, Mirror's Edge 2 and Battlefront 3 looking good.

Good times to be a gamer.

Salsa

Grim Fandango remaster is about the best thing that could have happened

I was so disappointed with this shit show so far, this is incredible

coming to PC too, of course

ilKDwmmnP17KG.PNG

derExperte

I got more hyped for PC games during Sony's conference than PS4 games.

Sony's games were mostly CGI trailers and whatever you can call what they showed of The Order.

Cool that you apparently will be able to use old saves with GTAV HD, even 360 -> PS4. Would be nice to transfer my PS3 save to PC but I suspect that won't work.

zychi

Banned
Sony's games were mostly CGI trailers and whatever you can call what they showed of The Order.

Cool that you apparently will be able to use old saves with GTAV HD, even 360 -> PS4. Would be nice to transfer my PS3 save to PC but I suspect that won't work.

i'm sure someone will create a program that can convert it. i remember doing it for gta iv from 360 to pc

denx

I fear for the PC version of Arkham Knight.

I want it to work so bad. Without astronomical system requirements. Every DirectX11 game has worked so poorly. :(

Haven't played that many DX11 games, but Battlefield 3 runs like butter at least on my mid range laptop.

Forgot to add to the hype list Grim Fandango. I can't hold the hype.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It'll be hilarious if the app mentioned in the GTAV SteamDB hoax actually does turn out to be GTAV.

ABZU reminds me of Aquaria.

I thought the same thing. I really ought to finish Aquaria one day -- I mean, I did buy it three times (at launch on Bit-Blot's site, later in a Humble Bundle and a third time on Steam).

R6 is a Ubisoft game, so...

Still waiting for the eventual Division downgrade.

I'm trying not to get too excited but that type of gameplay they showed is exactly what I like, the destruction, CQB, and teamwork just looks awesome. Division still looked way too good to be supposedly running on an Xbox One though...

zychi

Banned
I'm trying not to get too excited but that type of gameplay they showed is exactly what I like, the destruction, CQB, and teamwork just looks awesome. Division still looked way too good to be supposedly running on an Xbox One though...

it looked like a csgo mod. even down to the player icons and the summary sidebar. i hope someone makes something similar.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So where exactly is capcom this E3?
They showed the Dead Rising 3 DLC and that was it. Is that really all they're going to show along with the games we already know about on the show floor? Seems really odd we didn't get any sort of new game reveal at all from them. I suppose there's still the Nintendo Digital Event for them to showcase something. But that's usually for Nintendo published titles for the most part isn't it?

I wonder if they're waiting for their own thing or TGS. At least if anything that DR3 DLC beings back memories while twisting the knife all at once.
At least thus far this E3 isn't entirely Dino Crisisless.

Keep in mind E3 proper doesn't open up until tomorrow, so a lot of third-party announcements likely coming.

Ubi's demos always look amazing. I liked the new AssCreed demo, but I can't help but think about how awful it'll run on PC.

Teeth

Considering they showed it on PC, I would worry more about the state of the console versions.

I always assume stuff shown to press runs on the most powerful hardware available to consumers. I'm more talking about how it would run on a 580 or 670.

Haven't played that many DX11 games, but Battlefield 3 runs like butter at least on my mid range laptop.

This is true. Frostbite games have run really well in DX11 (when they aren't shitting the bed)...so there is hope.

Are there any Unreal 3 games that run well in DX11?

Aaron D.

GTA V on PC is great news.

As is remastered Grim Fandango (tangentially confirmed).

Batman gameplay looks bonkers, as well as Mortal Kombat X.

Day One was GREAT SUCCESS!

dot

Mortal Kombat X looks good! They need to add the store page already so i can put it on my wishlist.

also a little disappointed there was nothing new from Capcom, though they might show something in the next few days.

jediyoshi

max payne 3 hi

I can't tell if this is affirmation that Social Club is a completely broken system that locks you out of even the main menu if it doesn't connect or not

I beat my head against a wall trying to get Steam LA Noire working, not even a crack could salvage it

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Grim Fandango remaster is about the best thing that could have happened

I was so disappointed with this shit show so far, this is incredible

coming to PC too, of course

ilKDwmmnP17KG.PNG
I never got to play the original one. To me this is more important than GTA V (which we all knew was coming).

Salsa

I can't tell if this is affirmation that Social Club is a completely broken system that locks you out of even the main menu if it doesn't connect or not

I beat my head against a wall trying to get Steam LA Noire working, not even a crack could salvage it

no, I meant the fact that it's a great port

I've never managed to get GTA4 to launch if I sign into social club, I always get a black screen, so I just play it in offline mode. :/

Ubi's demos always look amazing. I liked the new AssCreed demo, but I can't help but think about how awful it'll run on PC.

Yes absolutely agree, I'm actually considering getting a PS4 just for situations like that, Ubisoft games, just to have a base line experience without all the PC related problems their games have... either that or getting a new GPU but that sometimes even that isn't enough for Ubisoft games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom