• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midn1ght

Didn't watch all E3 but the game "Inside" from Playdead is probably the one I'm the most hyped for. Loved Limbo so much !

Nzyme32

Man, I still can't believe that Grim Fandango news.

Same, I was overjoyed and then dissapointed and confused at the thought of it being exclusive to ps4. I figured it wouldnt make sense for them to piss off the original fans but still, good to see Tim's tweet. Oh Manny calavera, how I have missed you.

rookiejet

Grim Fandango remaster is about the best thing that could have happened

I was so disappointed with this shit show so far, this is incredible

coming to PC too, of course

ilKDwmmnP17KG.PNG

I never got to play the original one. To me this is more important than GTA V (which we all knew was coming).

I intended to use this mod to play it (eventually): http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/03/02/mod-of-the-week-mouse-interface-for-grim-fandango/ but this is better, 'coz cheevos and cards! (And that looked like a bunch of busywork!) I'll keep this delay streak going and play it when it's out and already on sale. >_>

Far Cry 4 is day one for me. More ridiculousness and a full co-op campaign is exactly what I wanted. And siege elephants.

Salsa

I bet they will force us to kill the innocent zombies before we are allowed to continue. You shot them without thinking. You evil gamer.

well, regardless of what anyone thinks of Spec Ops this actually means that it's not being developed by bad techland (Dead Island Riptide) which was my assumption considering they obviously have their A-team in Dying Light

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Tim Schafer saved E3.

Besides that, Arkham Knight looked mighty sexy and everything even if that IronBatman armour made me lol a bit
why oh why were you delayed :(

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
well, regardless of what anyone thinks of Spec Ops this actually means that it's not being developed by bad techland (Dead Island Riptide) which was my assumption considering they obviously have their A-team in Dying Light

It's also not on Techland's engine which feels incredibly rickety thank god.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I am ready for it to run like ass on my computer despite looking worse than 99% of games at its time of release. Bring on shittons of patches and Magicka 2: Naval Strike.
Fixed, and it would come with a new spell in spirit of an old classic: Memory Leak

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Tim Schafer saved E3.

Grim Fandango HD was the only true "megaton" of either conference. A complete and utter shock considering the gutting of LucasArts (and the cancellation Day of the Tentacle HD in the process). As I said earlier, though, it explains why Night Dive's little Grim Fandango re-release tease dropped off the face of the internet -- hopefully the remake does well and results in the matter being revisited.

X05

Grim Fandango HD was the only true "megaton" of either conference. A complete and utter shock considering the gutting of LucasArts (and the cancellation Day of the Tentacle HD in the process). As I said earlier, though, it explains why Night Dive's little Grim Fandango re-release tease dropped off the face of the internet.
Totally agreed.
I still can't believe it's happening.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
A complete and utter shock considering the gutting of LucasArts (and the cancellation Day of the Tentacle HD in the process).

I wonder if it would be possible to see a revival of Day of the Tentacle HD at some point. I mean, I certainly didn't expect Grim Fandango to get a remake, so it could be possible, right?

Grief.exe

Grim Fandango HD was the only true "megaton" of either conference. A complete and utter shock considering the gutting of LucasArts (and the cancellation Day of the Tentacle HD in the process). As I said earlier, though, it explains why Night Dive's little Grim Fandango re-release tease dropped off the face of the internet -- hopefully the remake does well and results in the matter being revisited.

The gravity of the situation probably won't dawn on the majority of the console players watching the stream.

Same, I was overjoyed and then dissapointed and confused at the thought of it being exclusive to ps4.

Are there seriously posters who post in this thread who thought for more than three whole seconds that this -- a game by Double Fine, which is a remake of a PC game, coming out in 2015 -- was not getting a PC release? Dear lord, people.

Salsa

Yeah, if the remake does well I could see Disney contracting Double Fine to finish what LucasArts almost finished itself.

I dont know man

Day of the Tentacle was much more fluid in animation and style than the first 2 monkey island, in that ways it was more similar to 3, and neither need that MI1/MI2 remake treatment

grim fandango tho was not only not digitally avaiable but it's really dated in some aspects (specially controls), it makes a lot more sense

Grief.exe

Are there seriously posters who post in this thread who thought for more than three whole seconds that this -- a game by Double Fine, which is a remake of a PC game, coming out in 2015 -- was not getting a PC release? Dear lord, people.

Sheer and utter panic wreaks havoc on the mind.

Salsa

yeah man, tim's all about (or was at one point) making the games he wants with whoever gives them money so who knows. doublefine abandoned the PC for quite a while till that one dude with money showed up

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

I had flashbacks to Costume Quest/Brutal Legend/Stacking prior to the angel investor.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I dont know man

Day of the Tentacle was much more fluid in animation and style than the first 2 monkey island, in that ways it was more similar to 3, and neither need that MI1/MI2 remake treatment

grim fandango tho was not only not digitally avaiable but it's really dated in some aspects (specially controls), it makes a lot more sense

You could make the argument for the game not being in dire need of a remake, I suppose, but if Grim Fandango HD exceeds expectations then it'd be in Disney's best interest (i.e. in the interest of money) to have DF finish off the last 20% of a game that's otherwise just going to collect dust in a vegetative state.

Salsa

You could make the argument for the game not being in dire need of a remake, I suppose, but if Grim Fandango HD exceeds expectations then it'd be in Disney's best interest (i.e. in the interest of money) to have DF finish off the last 20% of a game that's otherwise just going to collect dust in a vegetative state.

yeah, I just think you'd lose a lot of the charm in the process of "remaking" it or remastering it

I already feel that happens with the monkey island remakes. they look too clean

Grim Fandango, being 3D models, ages fast a lot easier

X05

The gravity of the situation probably won't dawn on the majority of the console players watching the stream.
Well, Grim Fandango is an "old" game that was never on consoles, so it's likely quite a bit of people watching the stream had no idea what game that was.

SUCH PLEBES *strokes le lord gaben's dick with a fedora*
hahaha ohmygod #dead

Yeah, if the remake does well I could see Disney contracting Double Fine to finish what LucasArts almost finished itself.
Totally, I know I'll contribute
by buying it on everything D:

yeah, I just think you'd lose a lot of the charm in the process of "remaking" it or remastering it

I already feel that happens with the monkey island remakes. they look too clean

Grim Fandango, being 3D models, ages fast a lot easier
The thing about the MI remakes is that you could still play the game the old way and everything if you wanted, so it was cool in my eyes. I could see Day of the Tentacle remake being like that.

Nzyme32

Yes, I made the assumption that this was on terms between Disney and Sony and Sony were involved in cleaning up the legal issues/rights issues to the point where this would be some kind of way for Schafer to get rights to the game back.

Forgive me, it is stupid o clock in the morning where I am. I can't think much

Salsa

So all that is left is the Nintendo presser in 11 hrs and 30 mins from now.

I mean E3 is a place with booths, not all announcements are at the conferences

what was until Grim Fandango's the best announcement this E3 (Guardian of Light sequel) didnt happen at a conference

Sarcasm

I have some games on Amazon, don't know how I got them and I don't think they are used..how do I use amazon with mod bot?

Also..is reddit steam game swap safe..especially if they ask for PP?

Milamber

I have some games on Amazon, don't know how I got them and I don't think they are used..how do I use amazon with mod bot?

Also..is reddit steam game swap safe..especially if they ask for PP?

Amazon provides keys. Keys are fine with Modbot.

/r/steamgameswap is relatively the safer than other russian traders as they have a tighter knit community based on reputation (if the user has been redditting long). That doesn't mean it is totally faultless though. Just be careful no matter what the transaction.

Speaking of games I've got, how does the whole 2K Collection on GMG sound for a giveaway? I'll start with the freebies, just so I can try ModBot out for the first time.

Good thing I only wanted X-Com EU for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom