• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

It'd be a great port if access to the actual game wasn't relegated to a system outside of Steam's control that didn't provide any tangible benefits

ok, I just think that's not enough to say "completely fucking broken" as a lot of people played it just fine and cause that statement evokes something like the GTAIV port which they clearly moved away from and are fine now in that regard

GaussTek

Seriously, Arkham Knight looks incredible. I'll say it again, reminds me Epic's Samaritan Demo in terms of graphics quality (or perhaps it looks even better).

jediyoshi

ok, I just think that's not enough to say "completely fucking broken" as a lot of people played it just fine and cause that statement evokes something like the GTAIV port which they clearly moved away from and are fine now in that regard

Completely fucking broken is as evocative as anyone making the case for GFWL or uplay breaking access to their game or a Telltale game messing with their save. If it's a core component of actually experiencing the thing, it's dead to me

Salsa

Completely fucking broken is as evocative as anyone making the case for GFWL or uplay breaking access to their game or a Telltale game messing with their save. If it's a core component of actually experiencing the thing, it's dead to me

alright, dead to you, not completely broken

i've hardly heard enough issues as to compare that to GFWL or Uplay, all im saying dude, vast majority of people played it just fine, i'd be as glad if the rockstar social club stuff goes as much as you believe me

derExperte

Many complained about it during the Sony conference but I thought Far Cry 4 looked amazing (that it was real gameplay helped). Guess it's time to finally boot up FC3.

jediyoshi

alright, dead to you, not completely broken

i've hardly heard enough issues as to compare that to GFWL or Uplay, all im saying dude, vast majority of people played it just fine, i'd be as glad if the rockstar social club stuff goes as much as you believe me

I'm not sure how many more euphemisms I can pull out for useless there are. I've already lost count of how many more people had more issues with social club circa GTA4 than GFWL which is a pretty big accomplishment. Add that ontop of LA Noire whose PCGW page practically has as large a section for getting it to run now than the rest of the wiki page and MP3's optimization is the tiniest saving grace. At the point at which the majority of people running something fine is the benchmark, GFWL/Uplay/Telltale is pretty much absolved of all crimes.

def sim

Yeah, I'm pretty confident about MGS coming to PC. Same with some MS published games considering they tend to bring their own IP with full steamworks support and have been oddly supportive of the platform.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So you're saying we should hold up hope for Halo Master Chief Collection coming over to Steam?

Frankie saying it's not on the cards means it's happening (he denied Halo Annviersary, which happened; he denied Halo 2: Anniversary, which happened; and the Aussie retailer listing for the Halo Collection he said was "false" was also proven legit). Oh, and there's the whole "move the mouse" thing that one of the Giant Bomb people noticed at one of the game's demo booths.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, Uncharted 4 somehow looks better then TW3

Edit: And 60fps, fuck my wallet

Uncharted 4 doesn't have Triss though, so The Witcher 3 is automatically better looking :p

As for MGS, I'd love to have the Legacy Collection+5 on PC. We'll never get 4, but the other games are still possibilities.

Salsa

I'm not sure how many more euphemisms I can pull out for useless there are. I've already lost count of how many more people had more issues with social club circa GTA4 than GFWL which is a pretty big accomplishment. Add that ontop of LA Noire whose PCGW page practically has as large a section for getting it to run now than the rest of the wiki page and MP3's optimization is the tiniest saving grace. At the point at which the majority of people running something fine is the benchmark, GFWL/Uplay/Telltale is pretty much absolved of all crimes.

I don't really call GFWL/Uplay games straight up "absolutely broken" that's the only point im making. your original post wasnt specific enough and I just assumed you were talking about an unplayable port or something

There was like 280 games released on Steam in the last few days. No need to worry or beg about ports, games will either come or they won't.

maneil99

Every trailer shown at e3 ever a year before release.

See other uncharteds
See anything by Ubi
See anything not on PC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQrzOrx5qPQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzy2-UuFPJg

There are the infamous scene that was downgraded on the bus but the character models were nearly the same, not to mention Naughty Dog says that ingame and cutscene models are the same

TW3 being open world has nothing to do with what I said, I said it was better looking

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

He means pre-rendered. There's a disclaimer at the beginning of the trailer that categorically states the footage was captured directly from a PS4, but this doesn't necessarily mean it was recorded in real-time.

Salsa

apparently you can pre-order the GTAV next gen versions already so I guess a steam store page should be coming up soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom