• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Dead Island 2 is being developed by Yager, aka Spec Ops: The Line guys

interest renewed

hmm interesting

then again i always liked the dead island in the trailer a lot more than the one we actually got so not specially happy they made the trailer like the game instead of the other way around

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
That driving looked bad to me.
The rest of it looked pretty standard ... as in it looked exactly like the other games.

I think the only thing I really got out of Sony's conference was that we have decent hope for GTA V PC since it's coming to PS4.

Honestly, the part that got me hyped was the Scarecrow reveal, mainly because I'm a sucker for Batman lore. The driving looked okay, the vehicle combat looked okay, and the combat looked the same as ever.

GTA V for PC was already confirmed, so you don't have to have hope :D

That's at Nintendo tmw.

Beat me to the punch.

Sarcasm

Amazon provides keys. Keys are fine with Modbot.

/r/steamgameswap is relatively the safer than other russian traders as they have a tighter knit community based on reputation (if the user has been redditting long). That doesn't mean it is totally faultless though. Just be careful no matter what the transaction.

Yea some guy..with 10+ trades and great steamrep is offering D3: RoS for 20 USD...which is like practically 20USD cheaper.

Salsa

as likely as a leprechaun bringing you free alcohol

it's going to have social club

yeah, again, that doesnt necessarely mean it wont use Steamwork functions and by all means be pretty much a steamworks game with added drm (the key will activate on steam, you'll get cheevos, etc)

it's been that way with Rockstar for a while

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
as likely as a leprechaun bringing you free alcohol

it's going to have social club

The two aren't mutually exclusive. Considering that every DD store that isn't GamersGate stocks Steam keys for R* games, I suspect GTAV will be Steamworks with Social Club layered on top. It'd be incredibly stupid of R* to stick with GameShield in 2014.

Honestly, the part that got me hyped was the Scarecrow reveal, mainly because I'm a sucker for Batman lore. The driving looked okay, the vehicle combat looked okay, and the combat looked the same as ever.

GTA V for PC was already confirmed, so you don't have to have hope :D

Beat me to the punch.

I had a conversation with Bernardo about this. I don't understand why the game is Arkham Knight if Scarecrow is the main villain and the new character specifically made for the game is only featured as a side villain.

Also, I though that the combat/driving looked really bad and I hope I can just skip most of that whenever I get around to playing it. When I think Batman, I don't think Twisted Metal meets Spyhunter... which are what the gameplay footage brought forth in my mind.

--

Has modbot resurrected?

Salsa

It's more important to know how GTA V will perform on PC. Can't wait for the 2500K advocates to start shaking in their boots.

pft, i5 2500k at 4.5ghz gonna kill it

or rather.. should kill it, but I probably wont

im more worried about the 2 gigs of vram I have, specially considering the heartbreaking but useful rockstar vram sliders

Salsa

btw all rockstar games are like $15 cheaper in south america so gimme a shout out when it pops up

at least been the case with LA Noire going forward. Max Payne 3 was $60 everywhere but $45 for me, and we get the same sub

yeah, again, that doesnt necessarely mean it wont use Steamwork functions and by all means be pretty much a steamworks game with added drm (the key will activate on steam, you'll get cheevos, etc)

it's been that way with Rockstar for a while

i was basing it off rockstar's most recently released game (max payne 3) as retail keys for it don't activate on steam

JaseC

I don't care how GTAV will run; I just want to finally beat that bloody golfer. :p I said in the past that it'd be the first thing I do in the PC version, but I think I'll instead save it until the very end. Finishing up the game with my greatest victory just makes sense.

they do!

edit: oh, retail, mhh. Assumed it since amazon and gmg provide steam keys

As I said, R* has in the past used GameShield for retail versions of its games. It's basically SecuROM.

zkylon

zkylewd
so far e3 for me has been

- witcha 3 wins
- french ass creed mobs look pretty insane and a sneak button? is that.... gameplay!?!?
- r6 looked promising but staged as fuck and prolly another watch doge
- farcry4 looked ridiculous but if it's anything like blood dragon i'm gonna be bored pretty quick
- project beast was just a tease, still bummed about ps4 only
- grim fandango made me go wooooooooow out loud but if it's not on pc imma be really disappointed
- gta5 pc is ok but it being rockstar i don't really care

i liked microsoft's conf the best, sony rambling bored me to tears

Corpekata

Banned
I had a conversation with Bernardo about this. I don't understand why the game is Arkham Knight if Scarecrow is the main villain and the new character specifically made for the game is only featured as a side villain.

Also, I though that the combat/driving looked really bad and I hope I can just skip most of that whenever I get around to playing it. When I think Batman, I don't think Twisted Metal meets Spyhunter... which are what the gameplay footage brought forth in my mind.

--

Has modbot resurrected?

Fairly certain they're downplaying Arkham Knight to keep his identity a mystery. Batman is dealing with his drones so at the very least he's taken over a substantial party of the city.

JaseC

so far e3 for me has been

- witcha 3 wins
- french ass creed mobs look pretty insane and a sneak button? is that.... gameplay!?!?
- r6 looked promising but staged as fuck and prolly another watch doge
- farcry4 looked ridiculous but if it's anything like blood dragon i'm gonna be bored pretty quick
- project beast was just a tease, still bummed about ps4 only
- grim fandango made me go wooooooooow out loud but if it's not on pc imma be really disappointed
- gta5 pc is ok but it being rockstar i don't really care

i liked microsoft's conf the best, sony rambling bored me to tears

It'll be on the PC, just probably not day-and-date with the PS4/Vita versions.

So I've been thinking about all those mid-tier games that are gonna be on sale during the summer sale and I'm pumped (those games that come for $7.49 are perfect). What are you guys looking out for?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

--

Has modbot resurrected?

I think Scarecrow is probably going to be a side villain, considering House mentioned that the Scarecrow nightmare missions are going to be available only on PS. That sort of disappointed me, but that doesn't mean that Scarecrow will be absent from the main game. Arkham Knight looks like he'll be the main villain until it's revealed that the true villain was the Joker/Thomas Wayne Jr./Hush/Jason Todd/Azrael/Scarface the puppet and that the Arkham Knight was just a ruse.

I'm sure that the driving part of the game will be a side thing too, with the driving sections appearing a few times over the course of the main game and then being used for whatever incarnation of the Riddler Trophies are featured in this game, along with sidequests.

I don't think modbot giveaways are back yet.

Salsa

So I've been thinking about all those mid-tier games that are gonna be on sale during the summer sale and I'm pumped (those games that come for $7.49 are perfect). What are you guys looking out for?

giphy.gif

rookiejet

Shape Up looked like a lot of fun, it seems like it'd be a hilarious party game. It's like, the only thing I've seen thus far that's interested me in a new console. (Until Nintendo blows my mind tomorrow that is. *crosses fingers*)

zkylon

zkylewd
i'd rather not take any chances and not get too enthusiastic

i love grim fandango way too much to handle the heartbreak

what's in a remaster anyways

zkylon

zkylewd
If they change the voice of Manny, I'm throwing proverbial kittens out windows.
why would they

i hope they allow you to choose language, i've only played grim fandango in spanish and translation is actually pretty cool

olivia has an argie accent

Milamber

why would they

i hope they allow you to choose language, i've only played grim fandango in spanish and translation is actually pretty cool

olivia has an argie accent

I wasn't even aware they had different language voice actors in non-english GF.

JaseC

Haha, don't worry, I'm not going to list every game I don't own. ;) I'm not even sure how much money I'll have to spend. I have to book my car in for a service unexpectedly, so $$$ because mechanics are rip-off merchants, and if the sale begins later this month rather than mid'ish July as some have speculated, then I'm really boned as there's no way I'll get my tax refund in time. I may have to... *gasp* actually stick to buying the games I intend to play.

zkylon

zkylewd
I wasn't even aware they had different language voice actors in non-english GF.
yup

at least the version i played was a bunch of spanish people doing mexican impersonations with varied degrees of success, usually pretty high actually

rubacava has a lot of argie accents and people say "che" for some reason

it's cool, i can't get used to manny's real voice

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Haha, don't worry, I'm not going to list every game I don't own. ;) I'm not even sure how much money I'll have to spend. I have to book my car in for a service unexpectedly, so $$$ because mechanics are rip-off merchants, and if the sale begins later this month rather than mid'ish July as some have speculated, then I'm really boned as there's no way I'll get my tax refund in time. I may have to... *gasp* actually stick to buying the games I intend to play.
So AC Unity only then? :p

Tizoc

Highlights for me so far are
Grim Fandango remake
Guardian of Light 2

Ubi didn't announce anything interesting like BG&E2 right?

JaseC

Why is the default 90's "PC Software" logo still used in trailers?

I think the main reason you see the Steam logo used almost exclusively in trailers for digital titles is that it carries an implication that the game will only be available on Steam as opposed to just requiring Steam, so the PC DVD logo is used instead as it immediately communicates "There will be a physical release".

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Anybody knows a place where I can watch the last couple of pressconferences? Missed Ubi and Sony.
EDIT: Wait WHAT?! Grim Fandango?! As in Manny Calavera Grim Fandango?! :|
That's unexpected.

To the Googles!
It still runs on PC, but getting it to work costs a lot of effort, so i'd very much welcome a PC version of the remaster.
Hype! Best new from E3 so far! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom