• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

zsJ80Zc.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Man idling is hard work.

Yeah, drop times are higher than usual at the moment. After 2 hours in Legend of Dungeon I've only received four cards.

Edit: And of course the fifth and final card drops just minutes after I post this, haha.

Arthea

What kind of game is it?

These are JRPGs.
First one was funny enough, lots of fanservice though of worse sort and it was a bad game, really, besides that, playing as gaming godesses was nice idea and I still like it. I imagined that Nep Nep is PC BTW (><)
Second one is a better game but it's also much less funny, what was pity. I haven't played V yet.

Grief.exe

I'm very surprised FF Type-0 wasn't announced for PC as well.
Now have to reevaluate Square Japan's policy towards PC.

They did say there will be more Final Fantasy titles coming to PC, so maybe we will get this a bit later.

Arthea

I've always been interested in this game because of how absurd it is, looks like I'll actually have a chance to play it.

No idea what type of game it is, but it has kawaii anime girls in it, so I'm buying it.

You have no idea!
there are no male characters in those games (><)

http://nerdreactor.com/wp-content/u...mension_neptunia_by_saint91xtreme-d3b8vk2.jpg

not going to post pic, for fear of being banned for it , but here it is /\

Exactly how bad are they?

Agarest is not THAT bad as people would make you to believe, while first Neptunia is really bad. I'm talking about gameplay here, not style or fanservice.

Volcynika

The Neptunia games are great. Re;birth actually makes use of Victory's systems which is good, since the mechanics of the first game were obtuse and frustrating. Script was well done in the original release, but I really couldn't finish it since the gameplay just made me go "wtf" all the time.

Knurek

Exactly how bad are they?

So if you are familiar at all with Idea Factory games, they are generally pretty bad because Idea Factory consistently shows they do not know what the fuck they are doing with respect to making a video game that is particularly interesting to play.

They are pretty much a C-tier Japanese developer, more concerned with quantity than quality.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So i think i finally set up a gmg account with my playfire credentials, when should i expect the credits to transfer? :p

Usually within a day. Sometimes longer. Some have had success with forcing a transfer by "buying" the $0.00 EVE Online trial, but this didn't work for me.

MUnited83

For you.
Agarest is not THAT bad as people would make you to believe, while first Neptunia is really bad. I'm talking about gameplay here, not style or fanservice.

The first Neptunia is terrible, but this is a remake with the gameplay from Victory, which is actually pretty good.

Arthea

Have you played and would you recommend the game?

It depends, if you have, had and can play better TRPGs, no. If you game only on PC and want to try, sure! It's pretty basic TRPG, and grindy as all genre is, but steamgaf makes it sound like it's the worst game ever, it isn't. And it has this nice generations things going. Be warned, it is partly a dating sim, so if you don't like those, just forget it.

The first Neptunia is terrible, but this is a remake with the gameplay from Victory, which is actually pretty good.

Well... if that's the case and it comes to steam, I might even buy it again (><)

Yakkue

It depends, if you have, had and can play better TRPGs, no. If you game only on PC and want to try, sure! It's pretty basic TRPG, and grindy as all genre is, but steamgaf makes it sound like it's the worst game ever, it isn't. And it has this nice generations things going. Be warned, it is partly a dating sim, so if you don't like those, just forget it.

I love FFT and the Fire Emblem series, but as I'm not interested in dating sims at all, I'm going to skip this. Thanks!

Out of interest: I've never played any of the Ys games and noticed they're on steam. Are they any good / do they still hold up?

Knurek

I love FFT and the Fire Emblem series, but as I'm not interested in dating sims at all, I'm going to skip this. Thanks!

Stick with them or XCOM/Jagged Alliance if you want to try something non Japanese.

Out of interest: I've never played any of the Ys games and noticed they're on steam. Are they any good / do they still hold up?

All four currently available are great.
Take note that Ys 1 and 2 are 15 year old remakes of 30 year old games, so they are a bit barebones when it comes to mechanics/story. Great music though.

Yakkue

Stick with them or XCOM/Jagged Alliance if you want to try something non Japanese.

Already own XCOM, I just have to get around to playing it, but thanks for the recommendation.

All four currently available are great.
Take note that Ys 1 and 2 are 15 year old remakes of 30 year old games, so they are a bit barebones when it comes to mechanics/story. Great music though.

I really like playing old games every now and then, so that shouldn't be a problem. Hope I can get them all during the summer sale!

Speaking of, did Humble really just steal my money with that E3 bundle? I was going to have some laughs with the Kollection with a buddy but we could not get past the title screen! We got stuck in a broken GFWL loop. Is there really no way to play the damn thing?

(Also, why isn't it called "Arkade Kollektion"?)
I avoided the Kombat Kollection after reading reviews on Steam that complained about the problem you're having. If there's really no way around it, then Humble shouldn't have been selling the game in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom