• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
no. well I guess it COULD happen (I remember it once with Vampire the Masquerade, but that was the other way around, shit discount during the summer sale and then the very first weekend madness after it was 75% off)
With that game it was worse because it had a 75% discount once then it spent more than a couple of years without seeing ANY other discount at all, so everyone jumped when it got the smaller one.
Also there was that debacle with Defiance last year.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
With that game it was worse because it had a 75% discount once then it spent more than a couple of years without seeing ANY other discount at all, so everyone jumped when it got the smaller one.
Also there was that debacle with Defiance last year.

also, price mistakes happen every sale. but yeah, if something is 50% today, it will most likely be 50% (if that) during the big sale also

Night in the Woods on the Horizon stream now, so pretty

nexen

That's good enough for me! I'm a cheap date.

I'm pretty sure Thief gave me a fatal disease. Your life may very well be in danger.

Also: know how Squeenix sells Deus Ex: HR for chump change at every sale? That game was actually good - just imagine what they are going to do with Thief in a few months.

zkylon

zkylewd
You have your priorities out of whack! Giana Sisters, while not my cup of tea, is still like 100x better than AVWW.

well a valley without wind sounded very interesting even if in the end it really wasn't. i guess it might've been, didn't really play it long enough to tell but i didn't feel like coming back after my first try

and i'm tired of puzzle platformers so yea, played like 10 minutes of giana sisters and got immediately bored and idled it for the rest of the cards

like i'll take interesting gameplay every day, even if it's not really that good, i just can't stand puzzle platformers anymore (unless the gimmick is really really good like in the swapper or something)

nexen

Obviously. I like the modifiers I set for the game too. No kills/hard/never seen/etc.

Oh god, you were being serious. I thought you were being your usual snarky self.

well a valley without wind sounded very interesting even if in the end it really wasn't. i guess it might've been, didn't really play it long enough to tell but i didn't feel like coming back after my first try

and i'm tired of puzzle platformers so yea, played like 10 minutes of giana sisters and got immediately bored and idled it for the rest of the time

like i'll take interesting gameplay every day, even if it's not really that good, i just can't stand puzzle platformers anymore (unless the gimmick is really really good like in the swapper or something)

Giana Sisters has beautiful art though. Also, to be fair, it is closer to a standard platformer than puzzle platformer and it came out before the majority of this glut of puzzle platformers anyways.
To each their own though. Unless it is Thief. That game is concentrated evil. Don't touch it.

AsylumX

I don't know if anyone knows this or if it's just me, but something fucked up the icons spacing when you are using grid view (i don't use it a lot). The "trick" of setting the interior spacing to -1, doens't work anymore.

So... Is there any way to fix this?

Edit: FYI, I have the latest version of Metro for steam

zkylon

zkylewd
Giana Sisters has beautiful art though. Also, to be fair, it is closer to a standard platformer than puzzle platformer and it came out before the majority of this glut of puzzle platformers anyways.
To each their own though. Unless it is Thief. That game is concentrated evil. Don't touch it.
beautiful art is not enough for me as i've said over and over that new alice game is awful despite how pretty it is :p

MUnited83

For you.
I can't see Thief being any cheaper for the Summer sale. If you want it, might as well grab it now. I'm pretty close to. I was going to buy it on release except I was in the middle of another game at the time.

Nope. Two more months and it will be 5$. Wouldn't surprise me either if it was 75%off in the summer sale either.

AkuMifune

Banned
Hmmm....

Nope. Got nothing.

It's a glitchy, poorly designed, bland as fuck, shitbox of a game.

The only big games I've missed are Thief and Watch Dogs, and as bad as you make it sound, Watch Dogs still seems worse.

Almost have enough cards for the summer badge. Just crafted the 7 I've been saving up.

Jesus Gabe has me wrapped around his finger. I can see him rubbing his hands gleefully and laughing like a loon every time I hit the craft badge button.

EDIT: Wow. Never seen Service Unavailable before.

Lomax

So I've been playing Dirt Showdown
for playfire rewards
and for a while I'm wondering why the game got so much hate, demolition is fun and the racing is solid. And then I had to start doing donuts. Fucking donuts man. Not fun. Now I understand.

I also predict something Steam related but not Summer Sale related happening before the sale starts.

New version of Enhanced Steam

You should code Enhanced Steam to block all deals from showing that aren't dailies/flash or at least 75% off. Or at least put a huge "Not a daily deal you should wait" above each one.

nexen

for playfire rewards
and for a while I'm wondering why the game got so much hate, demolition is fun and the racing is solid. And then I had to start doing donuts. Fucking donuts man. Not fun. Now I understand.
Dirt's cars feel so good and the engine looks and runs so nicely that it really makes me wish that Codemasters would make a rally racing game. They'd knock it out of the park.

The only big games I've missed are Thief and Watch Dogs, and as bad as you make it sound, Watch Dogs still seems worse.
I hate Watch Dogs too, but at least I knew I wasn't going to like that game going into it. Thief took a great game style and botched it so badly it made me physically ill.

derExperte

for playfire rewards

I like Gymkhana. Sorry, it's the truth, I can't keep it a secret anymore. :(

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
for playfire rewards

People hate it because it's Dirt without any part of what they liked about the series before included.

zkylon

zkylewd
Fair enough, (and I agree), but AVWW has neither beautfiul art nor decent gameplay.
well it's ugly as sin that's i can attest but gameplay seemed to have a ton of interesting elements and potential to be something i'd appreciate

in any case i'm not playing it anymore so i'm not arguing it's actually any good :p

i need the steam sales asap, i want a new game to last me 'til wasteland 2

nexen

ENEMY.

well it's ugly as sin that's i can attest but gameplay seemed to have a ton of interesting elements and potential to be something i'd appreciate

in any case i'm not playing it anymore so i'm not arguing it's actually any good :p
Too late. I now have you tagged as "A Valley Without Wind Developer".

kevin1025

Banned
So Thief will be $15 then? Tempting, though it'll probably hit cheaper next week at some point.

Can someone say something redeeming about Thief? I want to talk myself into it.

Dang, the previous Thief games are only 50% too. Was hoping to grab Thief Gold and Deadly Shadows at 75%. Fine, summer sale, you strike again.

zkylon

zkylewd
thief is probably not worth the 15 bucks unless you got morbid curiosity or something

i still gotta play it myself

it's like a car crash on the side of the road, you know you're not gonna like what you see but you just gotta look

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Giana Sisters is very pretty. But the level design feels "lazy" because you have infinite lives and checkpoints. You'll get through an obstacle eventually by throwing yourself at it enough times, but that really doesn't feel clever or satisfying. It feels padded with whatever the designers could come up with rather than refined to what was fun, challenging, or interesting. Which is a shame, because the core mechanics for a good platformer are there.

nexen

wouldn't mind that

means at least i finished a game

instead of constantly getting frustrated for not being good enough

Aww, now I'm sad.

Good luck with your game development!

Giana Sisters is very pretty. But the level design feels "lazy" because you have infinite lives and checkpoints. You'll get through an obstacle eventually by throwing yourself at it enough times, but that really doesn't feel clever or satisfying. It feels padded with whatever the designers could come up with rather than refined to what was fun, challenging, or interesting. Which is a shame, because the core mechanics for a good platformer are there.
Yeah, I honestly didn't get too into it. I just think it is 100x better than AVWW.

HoosTrax

I shall join you in the pariah club. Gymkhana was the only part of DiRT Showdown that I found enjoyable. The racing and demolition events were watered-down, bland, pale-imitations of Flatout's equivalent events.

Turfster

Humble indievision bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Omega Jam Documentary (video)
  • The Quiet Girl's Guide to Violence (video)
  • Cryptic Sea EP (DRM Free)
  • A Virus Named Tom
  • Men With Beards (video)
  • Ecstasy of Order: The Tetris Masters (video)
  • Cinema Six (video)
TIER 2: 6$
  • Minecraft: The Story of Mojang Deluxe (video)
  • Serious Sam 3: BFE
TIER 3: 15$
  • Serious Sam Complete (Extra copy of BFE)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Humble indievision bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Omega Jam Documentary (video)
  • The Quiet Girl's Guide to Violence (video)
  • Cryptic Sea EP (DRM Free)
  • A Virus Named Tom
  • Men With Beards (video)
  • Ecstasy of Order: The Tetris Masters (video)
  • Cinema Six (video)
TIER 2: 6$
  • Minecraft: The Story of Mojang Deluxe (video)
  • Serious Sam 3: BFE
TIER 3: 15$
  • Serious Sam Complete (Extra copy of BFE)

tumblr_n08pil5HdH1rd1qi0o1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom