• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

grid 2 reloaded 9.20 bucks, should i bite? How is it compared to grid 1?

kind of didn't want to spend money because there are other stuff i want to get in summer sale, fuck

There's no cockpit mode in GRID 2 and there's plenty of DLC including tracks (like SPA and Bathurst) and cars that should be on the main game. There's a chance they might discount in the upcoming sale all the DLC. It's a nice game and I liked it but if you are big fan of the first one you might wait for a decent deal on Autosport. The game is also pretty enough (specially if you are comparing to the console version) so 1080p at 60FPS will feel amazing. :)

I've put a little bit more than 20 hours myself and I can se re-visiting again. Oh and I love, love the music when you are in the garage. It's very relaxing... Such a great mood it gives, it starts slow but it's worth it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAfdgLS9oDI

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Why is Ether One showing up in the new releases tab? I don't remember the game being in early access or anything

Anteater

I assume you're referring to the GMG sale on it. I grabbed it this morning (used Playfire credit), will give it a go this evening. Or tonight, depending on how it takes to download.

I just bought it, lol, going to leave it download and play it tomorrow

There's no cockpit mode in GRID 2 and there's plenty of DLC including tracks (like SPA and Bathurst) and cars that should be on the main game. There's a chance they might discount in the upcoming sale all the DLC. It's a nice game and I liked it but if you are big fan of the first one you might wait for a decent deal on Autosport. The game is also pretty enough (specially if you are comparing to the console version) so 1080p at 60FPS will feel amazing. :)

I've put a little bit more than 20 hours myself and I can se re-visiting again. Oh and I love, love the music when you are in the garage. It's very relaxing... Such a great mood it gives, it starts slow but it's worth it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAfdgLS9oDI

I second this. I still get wierded out when the game addresses me by name.

Cool, good to see it's getting a lot of praise, I thought 1 was quite relaxing to play so I was looking for more, strangely there aren't a huge selection of these kind of racing games out, a lot of arcade racers kind of went open world, but I like different maps and playing in short bursts.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
my Summer Extravaganza has no room for bundle games fool!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Killer Hornet: Resurrection -- MB-2127094F6AF6C8F9 - Taken by Halo 2
Thunder Wolves -- MB-09D751F3583D6978 - Taken by HalfwayOrb
Humanity Asset -- MB-060BC18EDE03C7EE - Taken by -MD-

Arthea

There is some strange glitch with steam store again, this time we travel forward in time, not back. The Entente Gold is in the released games list, but it doesn't have even price yet and shows "coming soon"

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Tex Murphy bundle on steam, is this new? o_O

UNDER A KILLING MOON NNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG THE MEMORIES

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
There is some strange glitch with steam store again, this time we travel forward in time, not back. The Entente Gold is in the released games list, but it doesn't have even price yet and shows "coming soon"

That happens a lot with new releases. Sometimes they show up in the "new releases" tab of Steam, but aren't available for purchase yet.

Also, looks like a bunch of Tex Murphy games were just released.

Joe Molotov

Tex Murphy bundle on steam, is this new? o_O

UNDER A KILLING MOON NNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG THE MEMORIES

ss_b46b022fceddafb52a6e0136a29e505670faa3db.1920x1080.jpg

Arthea

That happens a lot with new releases. Sometimes they show up in the "new releases" tab of Steam, but aren't available for purchase yet.

I think it's first time I see that a game even without price in the released games list, it happens that we can buy but not play games form released list, but this is something new.
Or I was just being my blind self.

Grief.exe

Hopefully Lords of the Fallen fills a bit of that action RPG itch to make the wait for Witcher 3 easier.

The developers are certainly saying things I like to hear.

JakeD

possibly dumb question..but how does the non-market TF2 key thing work? where do they come from? why do people sell them for 1.75 if they could be getting 2.40 on the market?

and more importantly, are there any reputable GAFers selling them right now? getting witcher 3 for $22 would be nice

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Man, the life of an artist:

I was excited to see another comment on my Gunpoint map in the workshop only for the main complaint to be that it looks ugly.

Like, god-damn, have you used the editor? Have you ever made anything? Do you even lift bro?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
possibly dumb question..but how does the non-market TF2 key thing work? where do they come from? why do people sell them for 1.75 if they could be getting 2.40 on the market?

and more importantly, are there any reputable GAFers selling them right now? getting witcher 3 for $22 would be nice

They're not selling them on the market to avoid Valve's ridiculous taxes

Or they just prefer to have money in their PP account rather than their Steam Wallet. Since not all traders are interested in buying games

-MD-

Hopefully Lords of the Fallen fills a bit of that action RPG itch to make the wait for Witcher 3 easier.

The developers are certainly saying things I like to hear.

Lords of the Fallen is looking great, really looking forward to playing that.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So me and the guys from IsThereAnyDeal will be doing a Reddit AMA this Saturday where we will be answering questions about how to get the best prices for games during the Summer Sale.

More details soon.

JakeD

They're not selling them on the market to avoid Valve's ridiculous taxes

Or they just prefer to have money in their PP account rather than their Steam Wallet. Since not all traders are interested in buying games

ahh ok, so it's people who have been paid in keys and are trying get the cash out of steam

kevin1025

Banned
Decided to play some games I've long abandoned. I do that way too often, and usually on really good games. too.

Batman: Arkham Origins. Turns out I was a predator section and a boss battle from finishing it.

Torchlight: I gave up on Level 32, when apparently the final boss is in 35. I shall delve deeper!

The Witcher 2: I'm only in Chapter 1, still a very large journey ahead. Really loving this game all over again.

So me and the guys from IsThereAnyDeal will be doing a Reddit AMA this Saturday where we will be answering questions about how to get the best prices for games during the Summer Sale.

More details soon.
I have an easy three-step guide for the best deals on Steam:
  1. Live in Russia
  2. Log in to the Russian Steam store.
  3. Embrace the Ruble.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Anyone having trouble voting on Greenlight items? I'm in Chrome and every vote, yes, or no, fails:

In the debug console:
XMLHttpRequest cannot load https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/voteup. No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'http://steamcommunity.com' is therefore not allowed access."

Tried disabling adblock and Enhanced Steam, didn't fix anything.

fantomena

I still don't understand why Valve can't fix the goddamn badges page. It opens once in a week when Im lucky and I need to write down on a notepad file which games have card drops remaining and how many cards.

Uneccessary, Valve!

Copons

I still don't understand why Valve can't fix the goddamn badge spage. It opens ocne in a eek when Im lucky and I need to write down on a notepad file which games have card drops remaining and how many cards.

Uneccessary, Valve!

Enhanced Steam provides a filter showing badges with drops left only.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's first time I see that a game even without price in the released games list, it happens that we can buy but not play games form released list, but this is something new.
Or I was just being my blind self.

It's the latter :p

Anyone having trouble voting on Greenlight items? I'm in Chrome and every vote, yes, or no, fails:

In the debug console:
XMLHttpRequest cannot load https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/voteup. No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'http://steamcommunity.com' is therefore not allowed access."

Tried disabling adblock and Enhanced Steam, didn't fix anything.

Just checked, and Greenlight is working fine for me using Chrome and Enhanced Steam. Also enabled adblock and tried voting, and my vote went through. Maybe it's server based?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom