• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wow! Congrats, very well deserved! I'm sure the 2nd million will be reached far sooner than you'd think

Thanks! Enhanced Steam seems to spread like wildfire due to word of mouth advertising, so I'm sure you're right. :)

And thanks everyone for the well wishes. With any luck, I'll have the newest version of Enhanced Steam ready to go this weekend.

I'm also going to be doing an AMA on Reddit tomorrow morning. Announcement here.

dinopoke

I suspect that within the next couple of days, Enhanced Steam will receive it's 1,000,000th download.

You guys have no idea how happy that makes me.

Congrats! Hopefully Valve will reconsider what they are missing out on by not hiring you.

Have you had the chance to read my post about the issue I had with Standalone here?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Are you playing on Hard? I recall a fight like that on normal, only it had two of those super leapers. Took me north of 15 minutes, even with constant purple spam.
There's nothing as bad as this afterwards IIRC. A few fights, but mostly with enforcers.
And yeah, not enough exploring, way too much fighting for my tastes.
I'm playing on Normal. I guess that's the fight I just got through (finally!)
Such an insane difficulty curve. Combat's has been a cakewalk most of the time, with only a couple of deaths at the hands of those "damaging when hit" basterds and during (read: QTE's) bossfights. I actually really liked the combat in the first half, even though the animations can make it feel a bit stiff and clunky at times, but they throw so many dudes at you later on. It gets really annoying.
You can extend your combo by jumping over enemies, just like in the Batman games. You pretty much have to do that to get the longer combos.
I somehow rarely pull that off. I almost alway's lose my combo. Maybe i'm just not fast enough.
I think they should have made combat more like the Arkham games or waaay less. It's somewhere in between now, and it just feels weird. Might also be because i've played an insane amount of the Arkham games, though. :p
I agree with dodging being a bit hit-or-miss at times. Sometimes it let me keep the combo, sometimes it didn't. And the enemies that hurt you whenever you hit them are the worst, those shouldn't have been included in the game.

I still think the combat is very well done, and didn't deserve to be criticized as much as it was.
Yeah, they're really annoying. I guess they made them so you would change your combo's to be more healing oriented. Again, I feel like the combat system is in a weird place where it has some depth, but just not enough for the played to really be able to strategize to the situation at hand.

Those memory remixes, though. That's some cool and slightly fucked up stuff. I want more of those. :)

I suspect that within the next couple of days, Enhanced Steam will receive it's 1,000,000th download.

You guys have no idea how happy that makes me.

I wonder, how's the financial part for all this work? Patrean and donations have been good or not really!

Also do you see yourself trying for a job at valve doing some sort of web related work?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just noticed that Bulletstorm is back on sale :)... when did this happen?

A couple of weeks ago. It's another reason why I think GFWL's death has been postponed. If only Sega would do the same with Stormrise so I can buy a copy that actually has an activation key.

Genki

How's the PC port of Breath of Fire IV? If it's not broken I think that could sell quite well on Steam\gog compared to the effort involved...

Parsnip

Couple extras from indie gala and bundle stars.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Journey Down Chapter 1 -- MB-46E2E6A99D0AD3BD - Taken by angular graphics
The Void -- MB-00F85123F6D071C2 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Time Gentlemen Please Ben There Dan That -- MB-82F710FAACD32B99
Captain Morgaine and The Golden Turtle -- MB-1DF747FE1B8FFAD1 - Taken by DaBargainHunta
The Tiny Bang Story -- MB-22DC24708D268E6F - Taken by liezryou

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Congrats! Hopefully Valve will reconsider what they are missing out on by not hiring you.

Have you had the chance to read my post about the issue I had with Standalone here?

The standalone was updated a couple of weeks ago, you might want to uninstall / reinstall and see if that fixes the issue. Valve changed one of their IP addresses. Also, if you're running the launcher, does it say "Enhanced" in green? It could be an issue with the rinetd process not relaying correctly.

Congratz.
Everyone should use Enhanced Steam.

Well according to Valve's latest numbers, approximately 1 in 75 Steam users has Enhanced Steam now. :)

Congrats bro, you deserve it. Been using enhanced steam since the start. Why don't you work at valve yet? :p

I wonder, how's the financial part for all this work? Patrean and donations have been good or not really!

Also do you see yourself trying for a job at valve doing some sort of web related work?

The Patreon campaign is going well. Over the last few months I have been able to pay for the server costs without dipping into my own pocket, which has been nice. I've been able to upgrade the servers that Enhanced Steam runs it's API on, and donations and Patreon pledges helped make that happen.

I've attempted several times to get a job at Valve, working on the Steam engineering team, but unfortunately I've been turned down each time. I've found that I even have a loyal fanbase among Valve employees, so I guess it's only a matter of time before I break through. :)

Since we're just bumbling around here waiting for a sale....what was the origin of the term pipedream? I just realized that sounds like a strange expression

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mortal Kombat Arcade Collection -- MB-61DEE73C038A8236 - Taken by spindoctor

DogMeat77

I'm not sure if the Out There Somewhere key will work (it was on desura listed as classic, while I redeemed the other key with the weird named version) as well as if Steam ate the Escape Goat key, everything else should work though since they are keys from the latest bundles I bought.

Thank you for Sweezy Gunner

Parsnip

Is Deadly Premonition still a semi-unplayable mess? Did it get a patch, beside DPfix?
I think it got one or two real patches, and it's still bit of a buggy mess, last I tried it. Though apparently some people have played through it without a single bug.
How's the PC port of Breath of Fire IV? If it's not broken I think that could sell quite well on Steam\gog compared to the effort involved...
I'd probably play it again.
Thanks for tiny bang story, I think i may hit 500 games this sale.
Thank you so much for Captain Morgane, Parsnip. :)
You're welcome.

dinopoke

The standalone was updated a couple of weeks ago, you might want to uninstall / reinstall and see if that fixes the issue. Valve changed one of their IP addresses. Also, if you're running the launcher, does it say "Enhanced" in green? It could be an issue with the rinetd process not relaying correctly.
I think it only started happening after I updated it a week ago when I had trouble accessing the inventory due to the IP address change. I tried reinstalling with the latest version a couple of days ago but it still had the same problem. Launcher has Enhanced in green as always.

Couple extras from indie gala and bundle stars.

Thx. My turn:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Sideway New York -- MB-354C7AC4CA43CA32 - Taken by Li Kao

Those GOG sales look pretty good, but seeing Blackwell Epiphany "coming soon"...I can only wonder how much it'll be discounted with less than two months on the market. I'm guessing 33%?

Edit: And there it is. Oof. 25%.

Tizoc

It's a port of the PSX ver. and I have that game actually. It's a decent port but nothing amazing.

Arthea

It's a port of the PSX ver. and I have that game actually. It's a decent port but nothing amazing.

I'm not sure I have it still, but I remember it being pretty bad as pots go, it used to be very unstable on PC and it was wide spread problem, with game crashing often, I'm almost sure it's unplayable now, while PS version was good.

edited: also it's a great game, I would like some magic done on port and brought it back to life on gog or steam, or both.

KarmaCow

For everything but
  • Warframe Booster Pack
  • EVE Online: Trial Key
  • EVE Online: Rifter Ship Skin
  • Landmark 1-Week Closed Beta Key

Use this link with the codes to redeem it.
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=

ModBot said:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Company of Heroes 2: Soviet Skin - Four Color Belorussian -- MB-364BF187D7485CBD
EVE Online: Trial Key -- MB-9D6DA714AB6BB5D0
Anomaly 2 -- MB-BC68503C05CB9763 - Taken by drakaenae. 5 entrants total.
Fieldrunners -- MB-63687252060DD327
Company of Heroes 2: Soviet Commander - Conscripts Support Tactics -- MB-23903ED59495DF64
Total War: Rome II - Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack -- MB-4CE712DAE61F5F24
Warframe Booster Pack -- MB-B62878E3D55D8C1B - Taken by phantomspiker. 2 entrants total.
Skulls of the Shogun -- MB-C399DACEAD11695D - Taken by oipic. 5 entrants total.
Company of Heroes 2: German Commander - Storm Doctrine -- MB-D5C6037BA37E1F68
Landmark 1-Week Closed Beta Key -- MB-4E1A7C706B881700
EVE Online: Rifter Ship Skin -- MB-E3C651DFDA6C7985 - Taken by Gvaz. 1 entrants total.
Ittle Dew -- MB-AA3D6F1D13FEDDFE - Taken by ramoisdead. 2 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse -- MB-35D5A34D116F7BFD - Taken by FauX. 2 entrants total.
Magicka: Wizard Wars E3 Robe -- MB-E69F6F5FC66C26D2 - Taken by Gandysampras. 1 entrants total.
Company of Heroes 2: German Skin - Four Color Disruptive Pattern -- MB-1204AEE234ED1E83

t1402669863z1.png

It's mostly DLC from the E3 Humble Bundle thing so beware.

Tizoc

I'm not sure I have it still, but I remember it being pretty bad as pots go, it used to be very unstable on PC and it was wide spread problem, with game crashing often, I'm almost sure it's unplayable now, while PS version was good.

edited: also it's a great game, I would like some magic done on port and brought it back to life on gog or steam, or both.

Never crashed for me TBH it ran fine without any issues.

Is Deadly Premonition still a semi-unplayable mess? Did it get a patch, beside DPfix?

In the 24 hours I put into the game I encountered 4 crashes, all of those happening in the first 10 hours of the game. I guess I was lucky?

Great game though. If you can get it for cheap, I'd say it's worth the risk.

*edit* although you should probably go for the PS version and not deal with any risk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom