• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took the feature out of beta testing and can now add garbage to the garbage list without having to reboot modbot, it's very slick now. The list contains games that are commonly bundled and would be expected to be given away, and which are widely agreed to be quite awful. There are no controversial choices, I didn't put Serious Sam or Final Fantasy VII or whatever on the list. It's only stuff that really everyone can recognize are fundamentally a busted game and it's mostly about telling the recipient that unless they're vacuuming it up for a +1, they are not likely to get any enjoyment out of what they're claiming.

Hrmmm, I could swear that I saw a valid argument for why Unearthed > Uncharted.

So if Unearthed is tagged by the filter... o_O

nexen

Anyone have that GMG 25% one-use voucher code?
I have credit burning a hole in my pocket and my google-fu skills are apparently weak.

Are the Lego Marvel playfire achievements easy to do?
Yes. I got 50 pence for standing in the street and transforming into the hulk over and over again.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I took the feature out of beta testing and can now add garbage to the garbage list without having to reboot modbot, it's very slick now. The list contains games that are commonly bundled and would be expected to be given away, and which are widely agreed to be quite awful. There are no controversial choices, I didn't put Serious Sam or Final Fantasy VII or whatever on the list. It's only stuff that really everyone can recognize are fundamentally a busted game and it's mostly about telling the recipient that unless they're vacuuming it up for a +1, they are not likely to get any enjoyment out of what they're claiming.

If we could just go ahead and put my avatar next to Serious Sam and Borderland 2 giveaways, that'd be great.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im awake bitches

fuck night shift, seriously. not to get too melodramatc, but 5 straight years of that shit (not counting days off) is fucking WRECKING my body, no joke

anyway, the 18th huh?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anyone have that GMG 25% one-use voucher code?
I have credit burning a hole in my pocket and my google-fu skills are apparently weak.

It's not a single code that everybody uses. You have to input your account details here and wait for an e-mail.

Edit: I'm invisible, apparently. :p

Derp

So i just finished Bastion. All i can say is holy shit. That was one refreshing game experience. This is a rare gem.

At some point you clicked a link that had ?l=russian appended to it.

Yeah, that's what I figured. It was just strange because it was when I first booted my computer and ran Firefox. I guess it could have happened last night, but I don't remember doing anything to that effect last night. /shrug

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is that even legal? Here the employer needs to rotate shifts weekly or biweekly...

we are a very special country :)

actually I do it by choice anyway, I like being alone and not having anyone to fucking bother me (except clients, those cunts), but yeah, its starting to take a toll

oh well!

Garcia

So i just finished Bastion. All i can say is holy shit. That was one refreshing game experience. This is a rare gem.

It's definitely one of the best crafted indie games out there, but it's not without it's share of problems. I enjoyed it as well, though not as much as I thought I would; I felt it was extremely short and, unfortunately, you stack up on weapons that you won't be using at all and you also don't have the chance to switch them in real time.

I would recommend it, of course, but it definitely didn't click with me.

Rhaknar

any vouchers for Gamersgate? do they even do vouchers? >_>

Rhaknar

GamersGate had a partnership with Elder-Geek.com for quite a long while, but it came to an end in... I want to say 2012.

so ill take that as a... no, angry saiorse?

gorfyako

Banned
Oh shit, I keep forgetting that with the Steam Summer Sale coming up, I really oughtta collect those last few card drops, something I've been meaning to do since the last Steam sale. Ahh, oops.

JaseC

They were still active last summer, but yeah, that was the end of it, I think.

Ah, yeah, Google is spitting out some results from April/May last year. It probably feels longer due to GMG's -20% codes invariably offering a better deal, so naturally the number of GamersGate recommendations dropped off a cliff.

Not in the least.

As I said upthread, game is legit as fuck.

Fair enough. A quick glance at the description led me to put it alongside woodcutter simulator and other such comedy games.

Are the Lego Marvel playfire achievements easy to do?

Yep. Have to play about two thirds of the campaign to get the story achievements and then you can get a few more from watching easy youtube guides. As a bonus, you get to play an awesome game.

Rhaknar

Not so Steam related, but I won a giveaway on Steamgift, I tried to add the hoster on Steam but he refused my friend request, adding me to a block list (don't know why), so I can't resend the friend request.
Since he logged on SG one week ago but he is on Steam now, is there a way to contact him?
No way to send him a PM on SG?

not on steam no, unless he accepts a friend invite

Not so Steam related, but I won a giveaway on Steamgift, I tried to add the hoster on Steam but he refused my friend request, adding me to a block list (don't know why), so I can't resend the friend request.
Since he logged on SG one week ago but he is on Steam now, is there a way to contact him?

Don't think he wants to give you the gift. Just mark it as not received after one week.

JaseC

You don't need to add him as the site requires that gifts be sent to the winner's nominated e-mail address. If you don't receive anything after a week, mark it as such and then he'll be banned. If you absolutely want to try and contact him, though, you could try making a thread on the forum -- title it "ATTN: [his/her username]" or something similar. Edit: Or maybe not.

Yakkue

When did you win this gift? Normally, you're supposed to wait a week for the hoster to contact you. Did he specify if he'd send the gift via steam or email?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'd really love to try the single episode of Sin on Steam - but I've never seen it dip below $9.99 and for some reason I can't justify that.

I think I grabbed it the last time it went on sale, which was a little before the developer got bought and merged into some casual game slaveship and their SiN game forgotten about.

It's decent, but I never felt compelled to finish it even with the promise of ridiculous polygonal breasts.

JaseC

Hilarious how Pro Evolution Soccer is on sale on US and BR and not on EU.

Buying through Brazilian users is the way to go, anyway. The game isn't available in Eastern Europe.

I think you can get banned on steamgifts for calling people out, so I would advise against this.

Ah, right. I'd argue that there's a difference between calling people out and attempting communication, though.

Rhaknar

Hilarious how Pro Evolution Soccer is on sale on US and BR and not on EU.

oh is THAT why its suddenly showing in the rotating main page thingie? whats the sale, and yes, that IS hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom