• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

Has GMG done this to stop the sharing that used to happen or is it temporary?

There's a universal 15% off code - IFDSUM-MERSAL-E15OFF

And they've been pretty consistently doing 25% off codes for new releases. But as most of us here are looking to spend Playfire rewards, most of the codes haven't worked with them, which is somewhat disappointing. Personally, I don't have a problem with not being able to use both, the Playfire system is pretty insanely generous as it is. I used my 25% off code on the XCOM collection without credit because it was worth saving $5 to me and I'll just use my credit on something else later.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
they have been stingy with vouchers lately

Yeah, GMG has been gradually scaling back its generosity since making a name for itself. If memory serves:

At launch: General -25% codes, occasional -30% codes for pre-orders
Followed by: General -20% codes, occasional -25% codes for pre-orders
Followed by: General -20% codes that are only usable on items priced at $10 or more, occasional -25% codes for pre-orders
Followed by (current setup): General -20% codes that are only usable on items priced at $10 or more and also disallow credit, occasional -25% codes for pre-orders

GMG offering only -10%/-15% codes throughout its Summer Sale is quite likely a sign of things to come. I won't be shocked if there's a drop to -15% codes for general use and -20% codes for pre-orders.

Phinor

How well does Dual Shock 4 work on PC? I am planning to buy one some day

Some people have tremendous trouble with DS4 on PC. I haven't had a single issue I can think of, been using the gamepad ever since I heard about the early versions of DS4 to Xinput mapper. Still rocking 1.1 beta 3, no reason to update because this thing just works.

So basically your mileage may vary. There are multiple options (programs) to get it up and running so something should work.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah, GMG has been gradually scaling back its generosity since making a name for itself. If memory serves:

Followed by: General -20% codes that are only usable on items priced at $10 or more, occasional -25% codes for pre-orders
Followed by (current setup): General -20% codes that are only usable on items priced at $10 or more and also disallow credit, occasional -25% codes for pre-orders

GMG offering only -10%/-15% codes throughout its Summer Sale is quite likely a sign of things to come. I won't be shocked if there's a drop to -15% codes for general use and -20% codes for pre-orders.

not unexpected really, basically the same path Steam took with sales (or publishers did, whatever). When they got you hooked in, they lessen the deal

Still good tho. My only problem with GMG is how they have different prices from other european countries (like mine)

Example: Dark base price on Steam is 27.99€ but on GMG (and gamersgate actually, they must be in the same european region) its 44.99€ base price, which sucks for sales

I want Dark damn it :(

liezryou

not unexpected really, basically the same path Steam took with sales (or publishers did, whatever). When they got you hooked in, they lessen the deal

Still good tho. My only problem with GMG is how they have different prices from other european countries (like mine)

Example: Dark base price on Steam is 27.99€ but on GMG (and gamersgate actually, they must be in the same european region) its 44.99€ base price, which sucks for sales

You can always ask a US Gaffer to help, im pretty sure there was a thread about regional sales helping somewhere a while ago.

JaseC

Yeah, these days it's rather common for publishers to discount their more recent games by less on Steam simply because the sheer size of its userbase means they get away with it, and multi-unit packs beyond 4 are non-existent. That being said, over the past 9 months or so there has been something of a resurgence of discounts beyond 75% for older titles, which is rather surprising, really.

After getting my mp-sweettooth pulled with bf3, I gotta admit, I got the mp bug. But the subpar performance makes me want to go a bit further to the past. I can only imagine native res at 60fps adding immensely to my enjoyment.

So, I was just in the process of wishlisting games I'd like to get during sale and wow, Battlefield 2 is the same price as Bad Company 2; 20€.
Why is that? It's a much older game, three games older.
Also, I just couldn't find Battlefield 2142. I found a link on google linking to origin but when going there it said the product is no longer sold. That's weird. It's inbetween two games that are still being sold. Am I looking in the wrong place?

This'll be my first sale, so sorry if stupid but do older games (BF2) get discounted, too? Was it on sale last time, for people remembering?

I remember 35% off codes back around the time Hitman: Absolution was coming out

Yakkue

Does it just take your coupons, or do you get something in return for them? Not sure how all of this works. Also, is Trashbot a GAF account? Is it Modbot's distant cousin from another planet?

You can trade for anything that's in trashbots inventory. Don't know who made it, sorry :)

Lomax

Damn, there was a stackable Endless Space coupon in trashbot but someone grabbed it before I could. I always wonder where the stackable coupons come from, they're so rare.

JaseC

I remember 35% off codes back around the time Hitman: Absolution was coming out

Apparently that was due to some partnership with PC Gamer. What's interesting is that the general discount code is -20%. It would seem my memory was being a little generous there, haha.

Damn, there was a stackable Endless Space coupon in trashbot but someone grabbed it before I could. I always wonder where the stackable coupons come from, they're so rare.

Coupons handed out to existing owners of particular games generally stack upon a pre-existing discount. I've never encountered a stackable coupon that was generated through crafting.

Tizoc

Is there any way to get rid of these coupons?

5v4bhBO.png

Can I stack my 50% Mutant Mudds coupons? Cuz if so I could get the game for crazy cheap and trade it for a key.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

I have two Endless Space discount coupons (one for the base game and one for the expansion). You can have them if you want

Coupons handed out to existing owners of particular games generally stack upon a pre-existing discount. I've never encountered a stackable coupon that was generated through crafting.

The Endless Space coupons are generated by preordering Endless Legend so maybe there is a chance for them to be stackable

Enjoy:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Island: Epidemic -- MB-3E4C0C9A3A552BDA - Taken by Halo 2. 3 entrants total.

t1402692212z1.png

If I buy Alien vs Predator and Castle of Illusions from GMG, will I get two copies of Jet Set Radio if I buy them in separate transactions. Also, is AvP any good?

Lomax

I have two Endless Space discount coupons (one for the base game and one for the expansion). You can have them if you want

The Endless Space coupons are generated by preordering Endless Legend so maybe there is a chance for them to be stackable

Thank you very much :) they look to be stackable which during the summer sale should put it in my price range, I've had my eye on it for a long time but it was always just a bit too expensive.

Benedict

This is a IndieGala link. Hope it works.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Foreign Legion Multi Massacre -- MB-F782914E75E2F363 - Taken by Deques. 3 entrants total.

t1402683163z1.png

fernandes

I still don't understand why they keep putting separate episodes of Cognition in all kinds of different bundles. If you happen to miss one of them you are kind of screwed.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Foreign Legion Multi Massacre -- MB-044B7F0C88F8A6FC - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
IHF Handball Challenge 12 -- MB-6053A7B6F6D8D8C4 - Taken by Mikaju. 1 entrants total.
Mr. Bree -- MB-AF9892181EDC7BB9 - Taken by Aaron. 7 entrants total.
Cognition Episode 1 -- MB-9508F669A635DCA6 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.

t1402683763z1.png

Still thinking about buying that"My Pet" collection :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
+1

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Foreign Legion: Multi Massacre -- MB-E9FD04DE6D766A78 - Taken by Mengy

MUnited83

For you.
ModBot said:
Instructions for BernardoOne:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

IHF Handball Challenge 12 -- MB-7EAB3D1F7C9E169D - Taken by factorone
Foreign Legion Multi Massacre -- MB-958364022EEDE483 - Taken by LostAtLife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom