• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

You're making me want to play RE6, salsa, stop.

tumblr_mvevbgS5071rsos44o1_250.gif
tumblr_mvevbgS5071rsos44o6_250.gif

Pachimari

Anyone wanna play TheHunter later today?

I'll stream it to folks, so people will get a better sense of the multiplayer as well. :)

If anyone's up to it?

Never has it been so difficult to make tea. The controls are clunky as hell. No joke. There isn't even an exit button. Had to Alt F4. There is no save option either. I can understand anyone raging in this game.

Deques

My key came from LazyGuys' Starting 2014 Like a Boss bundle, the spare came from Kiss 2: Reloaded (Groupees), plus it was also part of the original Kiss 2 bundle.

Was is a "build a bundle"-bundle? Because I don't have the game in the bundle

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
My key came from LazyGuys' Starting 2014 Like a Boss bundle, the spare came from Kiss 2: Reloaded (Groupees), plus it was also part of the original Kiss 2 bundle.

Bah I don't have any of those... Pft

Australia is stupid anyway!

Salsa

it was the bundle build the bundle bundle stars royale bundle pack weekly humble gamestand groupees retro suck my bundle

-MD-

RE6 is the only game in the series I had yet to play but everyone talking about it earlier made me give it a go. Everyone said Leon's campaign was the least bad so I started with him.

The first 2 hours of Leon's campaign is just straight up not fun. I don't see anything redeeming about it, blows my mind that people want future entries to continue down this path. I don't know if I'll be able to force myself to play all 3 campaigns but I would like to be able to say I finished the game when participating in the series discussion.

It's offensively terrible.

Anteater

RE6 is the only game in the series I had yet to play but everyone talking about it earlier made me give it a go. Everyone said Leon's campaign was the least bad so I started with him.

The first 2 hours of Leon's campaign is just straight up not fun. I don't see anything redeeming about it, blows my mind that people want future entries to continue down this path. I don't know if I'll be able to force myself to play all 3 campaigns but I would like to be able to say I finished the game when participating in the series discussion.

I thought the Leon campaign was pretty boring in the demo so I'm probably going to leave that for last

Knurek

Oh wow, anyone else notice that Humble weekly broke $1M?
I think that's a record for the weekly bundles, right?
Score one for RPGMaker games.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Seems be mine 13 isn't today, they always launch their bundles at 8am UK time (which is in 5mins)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Oh wow, anyone else notice that Humble weekly broke $1M?
I think that's a record for the weekly bundles, right?
Score one for RPGMaker games.

Soon RPG Maker games will flood the market, all according to plan. Next step: visual novels.

Seems be mine 13 isn't today, they always launch their bundles at 8am UK time (which is in 5mins)

Funcom please, I just want to play The Longest Journey :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
More spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

RPG Maker VX Ace -- MB-6C961BCB62327673 - Taken by Widdly Scuds
Skyborn -- MB-F90A853509B82838 - Taken by ArynCrinn
To the Moon -- MB-D70DABC5C72A549F - Taken by Vazduh

I think we know. ;)

Where are you at?
What kind of build are you aiming for?

I'm through four early bosses
The Last Giant, The Pursuer, Dragonrider, Old Dragonslayer
, and stopped at Cathedral of Blue with my character at Level 54.

I'm playing Warrior for the first playthrough, but I see so many magic users in other peoples worlds that I'll probably start another character eventually to check that stuff out.

Good times.

Lomax

Why is it so hard to believe when someone likes a game you don't like.

I also love Modern Warfare and FIFA which are annual franchises.

I weren't too fond of games like Metal Gear Rising or most other games really. The Last of Us weren't super special and I'm still a bit bored by Mario 3D World.

And I loved The Getaway, Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness and the little bit of Devil May Cry 2 I played.

Most games are boring to me but luckily I build myself a PC and discovered tons of interesting games.

And I'm only at like chapter 4 or something in Battlefield 3. Yes that also gets boring but I liked the bit I have played of it.

Opinions and all.

When someone has an opinion that differs radically from the norm, most people on the internet by default assume expressing it is sarcasm. Especially when the opinion is the exact opposite of what is commonly held to be true (in this case, the general opinion of Battlefield 3 is that the MP is good but the SP is not).

Jawmuncher

The biggest issue with RE is that there are clearly two fanbases for it now.
the action crowd and those who want something akin to the older games. I personally prefer the action to the older stuff but I still do enjoy those games.
capcom could do a better job of appealing to both crowds but I dont see how without alienating the other.

also if you dont like leons campaign you aint going to like anything else in the game. Unless you can get over the hump that its all action.

jediyoshi

Fortunately Leon's campaign is the worst by far and not quite indicative of the rest of the game. They throw that opening slow forced pacing out the window. Chris' campaign is pretty much a full on action game and with Jake's they bother mixing up his move set.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Still getting this Verify this Browser crap on HumbleBundle. If only it'd actually send the email :|

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
The biggest issue with RE is that there are clearly two fanbases for it now.
the action crowd and those who want something akin to the older games. I personally prefer the action to the older stuff but I still do enjoy those games.
capcom could do a better job of appealing to both crowds but I dont see how without alienating the other.

also if you dont like leons campaign you aint going to like anything else in the game. Unless you can get over the hump that its all action.

Everyone who continues to champion RE4 is responsible for where the series ended up today.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I will never understand why people say Leon's campaign is the best. It has forced walking sections, the most QTEs, and honestly in my opinion some of the sluggiest sections in the whole game, and the worst bosses, and worst final boss (outside of Ada's, but...)

There's parts of it I like, but I don't get the praise for that campaign and distate for the others.

A suggestion for RE6 is to play Mercenaries first, as it allows you to get some of the mechanics down for the game. Trust me, mechanics in the game make a big difference.

(For personal preference, I'd probably rank the campaigns for myself Chris > Ada > Jake > Leon , Chris gets ahead of Ada cause her last chapter is pretty shit, if it wasn't for that I'd probably like Ada best ).

Soon RPG Maker games will flood the market, all according to plan. Next step: visual novels.

I'm still going to top them all.

>Still working away at his horror RPG Maker game, been doing original music, art assets, and scripting for a while and currently working on a section with an abandoned train station.

Though taking a bit of a break to participate in my own contest, which I'm making a horror game inspired by the Belgium horror film Calvaire and Haunting Ground right now, but that'll be free but also with custom art and music.

Just finished Episode 4 of The Wolf Amoung Us, as much as the wait between episodes annoys me, this game has totally been worth it. The "gameplay" in TWAU is kind of everything I don't like about triple A games, it's light on actual gameplay even for an adventure game, filled with quick time events and mostly just cinematics but each episode has been a completely engrossing experience from start to finish.

I bought a Telltale pack in a Steam sale a few years back, Btime to start digging through those games.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Well, Ren'Py seems to be really popular, and given it's free there's no need for bundling I'd say.

Ren'Py itself I don't think will ever be bundled, but there have already been games that use Ren'Py in bundles. Maybe a Ren'Py Humble Bundle could happen one day to raise awareness to it. Just a pipe dream, of course.

If I weren't lazy/lacked ambition, I'd try it. It would be terrible though. I'd rather just sit back and complain about other people's writing than my own anyway :p

I'm still going to top them all.

>Still working away at his horror RPG Maker game, been doing original music, art assets, and scripting for a while and currently working on a section with an abandoned train station.

Though taking a bit of a break to participate in my own contest, which I'm making a horror game inspired by the Belgium horror film Calvaire and Haunting Ground right now, but that'll be free but also with custom art and music.

I'm still looking forward to that game. Might check out some of the games from your contest at some point when it's done, I haven't really looked into it.

Dr Dogg

This has been the case for quite some time now. When Valve began disallowing certain words/phrases as tags (and perhaps also allowing publishers to add their own blacklist), Uplay was among them.

This has always made me laugh. Even Ubi is ashamed of their own service. You'd think they would be promoting Uplay not having traces of it removed.

_hekk05

Banned
This has been the case for quite some time now. When Valve began disallowing certain words/phrases as tags (and perhaps also allowing publishers to add their own blacklist), Uplay was among them.

Huh. Its not like its a misleading tag

Arthea

I'd like Ubi to explain how Uplay is misleading tag, what I would give for that! (><)
Can we get statement from them somehow, Jasec?

edited: what's with all RE talk? Was it on sale somewhere?

edit2:
finally killed Angra Mainyu, took me 2 hours, no kidding! Almost as hard to kill as U/not/play

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

You could get Resident Evil 6 for $11 on GreenManGaming yesterday, you also can currently get Resident Evil Revelations for $13.50 on GreenManGaming today until a few hours from now.

Jawmuncher

I'd like Ubi to explain how Uplay is misleading tag, what I would give for that! (><)

edit2:
finally killed Angra Mainyu, took me 2 hours, no kidding! Almost as hard to kill as U/not/play

was on sale at GMG few days ago.

Everyone who continues to champion RE4 is responsible for where the series ended up today.

RE4 is just at a odd place. If RE4 hadnt done well there was a chance RE would have been done as a series.
Until RE4 with the outbreak and gamecube exclusivity RE wasnt doing as well as it is now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Ever since the retroactive region-lock kerfuffle with Black Flag last year, Ubi's official line when it comes to anything that involves Steam is "Ask Steam." I'd be willing to bet that if you submitted a technical support ticket and mentioned you own the Steam version, Ubi would tell you to get in touch with Valve. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom