• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe dark souls should just be straight up co op and not summoning goofy stuff

absolutely not.
consider yourself blacklisted. :p

Have you tried Castle Crashers or Portal 2 (coop)?

Castle Crashers makes me think of Battleblock Theatre.
It also makes me think of Fist Puncher.

Not sure if those are SteveWinwood's thing or not, but if Castle Crashers fits, those two might be good for him and his friend.

Also along the brawler lines:
Foul Play
Double Dragon Neon

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Why is it so hard to believe when someone likes a game you don't like.

I also love Modern Warfare and FIFA which are annual franchises.

I weren't too fond of games like Metal Gear Rising or most other games really.

And I loved The Getaway, Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness and the little bit of Devil May Cry 2 I played.

Most games are boring to me but luckily I build myself a PC and discovered tons of interesting games.

And I'm only at like chapter 4 or something in Battlefield 3. Yes that also gets boring but I liked the bit I have played of it.

I'm really not fond of too complicated games with lots of systems when I rarely have time.
Want to join my Angel of Darkness fan club? We'll have 2 members, if you accept the invitation.

It's an open ended game, if anything you should have assumed it was a possibility :p Heavy Rain is heavily branching in a way very few games are.
Yeah, but still... I didn't want to know that could happen. But whatever, I'm still going to play it.

okay steam gaf

i give you shit but i need your help

imma need some recommendations for a pc game that a friend and i can online co op (we got good 'puters don't worry about specs)

in the past we enjoyed magicka, renegade ops, and dead island

we dota in our free time but this is our break from that stupidity so something fun and easy to get into

anyway my friend doesn't really like shooters and i hate mmos so we're stuck trying to find some stuff that fits both our tastes and it's hard

we want something that we can at least dive a bit into with depth (both renegade ops and magicka sort of failed us there), will last us a decent amount of time, and is not a moba or tower defense

we tried bro force and it last us all of like 2 hours so that was sort of a bust (yes we know its early access)

i dunno we're not that hard to please, throw out some fun suggestions if you would steam gaf
Do you like RPGs? Could check out Legend of Grindea.

Tellaerin

okay steam gaf

imma need some recommendations for a pc game that a friend and i can online co op (we got good 'puters don't worry about specs)

i dunno we're not that hard to please, throw out some fun suggestions if you would steam gaf

Hm. I know you said your friend's not big into shooters, but you guys had fun with Dead Island, so maybe something like L4D2 or RE6?

Since I seem to have gotten onto a horror theme with this, Final Exam (side-scrolling horror-themed action/adventure) might be fun for you guys to check out, too.

Pachimari

Want to join my Angel of Darkness fan club? We'll have 2 members, if you accept the invitation.

Yeah, but still... I didn't want to know that could happen. But whatever, I'm still going to play it.
I thought I were the only one who really liked Angel of Darkness.

How do people's Tomb Raider lists look like? Mine:

1. Tomb Raider (2013)
2. Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness
3. Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation
4. Tomb Raider II
5. Tomb Raider: Legends
6. Tomb Raider: Chronicles
7. Tomb Raider III

I haven't played too much of the original Tomb Raider or Underworld. And have never tried Anniversary.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The only two Tomb Raider games I've finished are 2 and 2013. 2013 wins by default since it's been about 15 years since I've played 2 at all. ;)

Edit: Oh, wait, there's also Underworld. I don't remember much of it, though.

Volimar

I was never much of a fan of the old Tomb Raider games. The new one looked interesting though.

Thanks for Legendary, Casimir!

absolutely not.
consider yourself blacklisted. :p

Castle Crashers makes me think of Battleblock Theatre.
It also makes me think of Fist Puncher.

Not sure if those are SteveWinwood's thing or not, but if Castle Crashers fits, those two might be good for him and his friend.

Also along the brawler lines:
Foul Play
Double Dragon Neon
I've played all those but good try! I think we're looking for something a bit deeper than most beat em ups (even though I love them to death) and probably a bit longer too.
Do you like RPGs? Could check out Legend of Grindea.
I'll throw it in the suggestion box!

I will say pretty quickly what's coming up in the quick google search for it is giving me vibes of Wanderlust, which we both kind of... were disappointed in. It was short and not particularly fun.
Hm. I know you said your friend's not big into shooters, but you guys had fun with Dead Island, so maybe something like L4D2 or RE6?

Since I seem to have gotten onto a horror theme with this, Final Exam (side-scrolling horror-themed action/adventure) might be fun for you guys to check out, too.

We've both played L4D2 and RE6 but not the co op on the later.

Throwing RE6 and Final Exam on the list though!

DasFool

okay steam gaf

Highly recommend Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. Really fun 2-player co-op game with a ton of levels, secrets and a hefty mix of action, puzzle solving, and platforming.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

1. Tomb Raider (2013)
4. Tomb Raider II
7. Tomb Raider III

I haven't played too much of the original Tomb Raider or Underworld. And have never tried Anniversary.
This is mine. I haven't played any of the striked ones, except for the TLR demo, and one of the Wii ones (can't remember which one; it wasn't bad, but it didn't hook me).

I've played all those but good try! I think we're looking for something a bit deeper than most beat em ups (even though I love them to death) and probably a bit longer too.

I will say pretty quickly what's coming up in the quick google search for it is giving me vibes of Wanderlust, which we both kind of... were disappointed in. It was short and not particularly fun.

Doesn't RE6 count as a shooter?
I thought we were staying away from shooters and MMOs?

If TPS action/shooter is acceptable, I highly recommend the RE5 and RE6 games based on what I've heard of their campaigns in terms of co-op... and mercs mode in both should be a blast. RE5 might have to wait cause of GFWL though.

Seeing Final Exam recommended makes me think of All Zombies Must Die. It's sort of Smash TV twin stick top down run and gun... I only played the original Burn Zombie Burn, but I liked it enough.

Does the Steam version of Ikaruga have co-op online like the XBLA release did? That would work too if you liked that sort of game.

I totally get you, I think people's total lack of regard for others in terms of spoilers is pretty terrible. Not everyone is able to watch/play/read everything at release! Not to mention younger people who are new to such things. Just don't think it's quite as heavy a spoiler as it would be in a more linear game.

didamangi

Highly recommend Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. Really fun 2-player co-op game with a ton of levels, secrets and a hefty mix of action, puzzle solving, and platforming.

+1 for Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. It's a great co-op game and loads of fun, some of the puzzles actually change on coop as well, nice surprise when I first co-op the game after finishing it solo.

Kaper

okay steam gaf

we dota in our free time but this is our break from that stupidity so something fun and easy to get into

anyway my friend doesn't really like shooters and i hate mmos so we're stuck trying to find some stuff that fits both our tastes and it's hard

we want something that we can at least dive a bit into with depth (both renegade ops and magicka sort of failed us there), will last us a decent amount of time, and is not a moba or tower defense

we tried bro force and it last us all of like 2 hours so that was sort of a bust (yes we know its early access)

Torchlight II? It's what my dota buddies and I played for a bit to take a break from dota.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I totally get you, I think people's total lack of regard for others in terms of spoilers is pretty terrible. Not everyone is able to watch/play/read everything at release! Not to mention younger people who are new to such things. Just don't think it's quite as heavy a spoiler as it would be in a more linear game.
On Authority's defense, he did mark it as spoiler. I just didn't imagine it would be an actual spoiler, I thought it would be a controversial opinion or something, it's my fault :p

maneil99

RSV2. Its a TPS/FPS mix. Terrorist is super fun and frightning

Blizzard

Banned
I saw no suggestions about Portal 2 crashes, so I guess I may be alone in this problem.

Oddly, the Steam discussion forum showed two different threads that I think were updated today about Portal 2 crashes. The suggestions I've seen so far are verify cache integrity (I am not optimistic this will help), turn off multicore rendering (I did that earlier, though I had hoped Valve had finally fixed those crashes), turn off vsync (I have not done this yet), and set render-ahead frames in the nVidia control panel to 0 (I have not checked this yet).

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca

1. Tomb Raider (2013)
4. Tomb Raider II
7. Tomb Raider III

Your list makes me want to cry.

1. Tomb Raider II
2. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
3. Tomb Raider: Anniversary
4. Tomb Raider
5. Tomb Raider: Legend
6. Tomb Raider The Last Revelation
7. Tomb Raider III
8. Tomb Raider Chronicles
1000. Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness
1x10ⁿ. Tomb Raider 2013

I haven't played TRU yet, should get on to that

Pachimari

I have to say the only Tomb Raider games I have completed is Legend and 2013. I were close with The Last Revelation and have yet to play Guardian of Light.

If anyone is up for co-op in that one let me know and I'll stream it as well.

Lain

Managed to finish the previous Hexcells Plus level (thanks for the answer Ruruja, I ended up redoing that level from the start and going at it differently just to be able to find the logical reason for it, though I'm not sure I'm making sense) and now I'm finding myself stuck here:
G2N.png

Which cell do I open up to start on that last part, and why?

sleepykyo

I've played anniversary, legends, underworld and reboot. I think anniversary and underworld were closer to the top. Reboot was fine. Legends is at the bottom.

+1 for Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. It's a great co-op game and loads of fun, some of the puzzles actually change on coop as well, nice surprise when I first co-op the game after finishing it solo.

Yeah, that game is pretty good and would probably be fun co-op. I wouldn't want to be the Aztec dude though. :lol

Managed to finish the previous Hexcells Plus level (thanks for the answer Ruruja, I ended up redoing that level from the start and going at it differently just to be able to find the logical reason for it, though I'm not sure I'm making sense) and now I'm finding myself stuck here:

Which cell do I open up to start on that last part, and why?

Bottom right one has to be grey as the right column says -2- so they can't be next to each other.

Finally started Dark Souls 2, now that the thing that's been taking up all my free time has had a break.

Played for a single seven hour long sitting.

It's pretty good guys.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
HL2 Episode 2 is crashing for me every time I click New Game and click the first chapter. I tried deleting and redownloading, along with enabling beta updates and verifying the game cache. No luck. Anyone know how to fix?

HL2 Episode 2 is crashing for me every time I click New Game and click the first chapter. I tried deleting and redownloading, along with enabling beta updates and verifying the game cache. No luck. Anyone know how to fix?
are you downsampling and using AA? the Source engine crashes if you downsample and use the game's AA(at least here it does, and when i talked about it on a thread, people said this was common).

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
you dust police must have magic self-cleaning rigs

I bet half of you don't even dare to look in there

Integrated intake filters.

Thanks for Mount and Blade! :) I've been wanting to play it for some time now. Hopefully there's a sale on Warband soon.

You should look into installing some fan mods, like STALKER, the game really changes for the better.

Thank you :)

Thanks for Really Big Sky!

Thanks for Legendary, Casimir!

Enjoy!

Ermac

are you downsampling and using AA? the Source engine crashes if you downsample and use the game's AA(at least here it does, and when i talked about it on a thread, people said this was common).

Nope. This is my first time playing it. I'm using the same settings as HL2 and Episode 1, which played fine. I just updated my Nvidia drivers and it's still crashing.

Nope. This is my first time playing it. I'm using the same settings as HL2 and Episode 1, which played fine. I just updated my Nvidia drivers and it's still crashing.
That's bizarre. IIRC, they're on the same engine. Hmmm, maybe you have some program that's conflicting with the game and making it crash? I use F.lux here, and Watch Dogs won't start if i dont close it before. Maybe it's something like that?

Kyougar

okay steam gaf

what about World of Tanks or War Thunder? Me and my buddy are playing that on and off over the last years whenever we had nothing new to play and we were bored.

JaseC

Here's a Desura key for Kill Fun Yeah, which can be used to obtain a Steam key:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Kill Fun Yeah (Desura) -- MB-570F7890C903806A - Taken by kudoboi

The process is a little roundabout:

1) Register an account here
2) On the members page, click "Activate full version" and use the Desura key
3) Visit the members page again and click "Get Steam key"

Ermac

That's bizarre. IIRC, they're on the same engine. Hmmm, maybe you have some program that's conflicting with the game and making it crash? I use F.lux here, and Watch Dogs won't start if i dont close it before. Maybe it's something like that?

Hmm. I just did a restart and it's still happening. I'm not sure what could be causing it, I don't have many extra programs running. It's weird since I can mess with the options just, fine, but as soon as I pick the first chapter it crashes.

Looks like a few people are having similar problems here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/420/discussions/

Might have been the latest update.

JaseC

Here are a few more spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Noir Syndrome -- MB-61E2DC66DF5DEC67 - Taken by Nabs
Noir Syndrome #2 -- MB-3D03829BA9C7EE89 - Taken by Casimir
Ampu-Tea -- MB-B19DBD3C4C870921 - Taken by zerokoolpsx

JaseC

They're probably textures from the 3DS version you secretly wish you were playing instead.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Where did that Ampu-tea came from jasec?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom