• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is $11.99 on Gamefly with this promo: JUN20OFF

I'd bite but those annoying bastards make me verify my birthdate and shit from a phone call everytime I buy something from them so I'll just wait for the Steam summer sale.

zkylon

zkylewd
Time to add ahegaos again
want me to send u the full picture?

yeah man, gonna knock on your door with the gf so you can take us to an anime expo (◕‿◕✿)
i don't go to anime expos anymore

they stopped inviting me after i crashed a friend's girlfriend's party and drank all their dr lemon and started saying mean things about one piece

you guys have the wrong impression about me doe

i don't watch that much anime :I

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Better make it a good one.

m60faLo.png

ikxvyat.png

I've had my eye on it for over a year and it hasn't gone on sale on Steam. Figured it was worth the occasion.
You guys can thank me next week when it goes on sale.

Kanokare

want me to send u the full picture?

i don't go to anime expos anymore

they stopped inviting me after i crashed a friend's girlfriend's party and drank all their dr lemon and started saying mean things about one piece

you guys have the wrong impression about me doe

i don't watch that much anime :I

Mean things about One Piece?! How dare you!

One Piece fan here :D As you can also tell from my Youtube page https://www.youtube.com/user/SOTDgaming

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Stump laying it down in the early access thread, me likey

wait...this means Stump is a EA SHILL o_O

i don't think i've ever watched one piece

i'm not good with alcohol or people

first Archer, now One Piece?

N3PLCLi.gif

Been playing the witcher using just mouse controls and it plays fine, for those of you concerned with its lack of controller support.

One of the problems is that the game drags ass for the most part, only to start turning interesting right when you think you've had enough.

This game is just brutal with backtracking, squeezing every ounce of juice from an area that it can. It also has a day/night mechanic that further exacerbates the issue by making you plan your backtracking so as to reduce the frequency of it.

What I can say is that the story is engaging enough to keep you going. It combines your typical amnesiac hero with a fantasy revenge story that works as fairly refreshing trope-wise as it doesn't task you with saving the world, like just about every rpg does. I finished chapter 2 last night and I'm looking forward to seeing what my no nonsense hero will do when nonsense presents itself yet again.

zkylon

zkylewd
first Archer, now One Piece?

N3PLCLi.gif
does this mean you're not gonna invite me to your parties?

Been playing the witcher using just mouse controls and it plays fine, for those of you concerned with its lack of controller support.

One of the problems is that the game drags ass for the most part, only to start turning interesting right when you think you've had enough.

This game is just brutal with backtracking, squeezing every ounce of juice from an area that it can. It also has a day/night mechanic that further exacerbates the issue by making you plan your backtracking so as to reduce the frequency of it.

What I can say is that the story is engaging enough to keep you going. It combines your typical amnesiac hero with a fantasy revenge story that works as fairly refreshing trope-wise as it doesn't task you with saving the world, like just about every rpg does. I finished chapter 2 last night and I'm looking forward to seeing what my no nonsense hero will do when nonsense presents itself yet again.
yea it's a slow start but gets much better

for the night/day thing remember you can just sleep at a camp or something

I can forgive people for not reading the big 3. They're overrated and I ain't got time for hundreds of chapters
big 3?

reading manga?

pfff

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
completely off-topic but Im debating buying 1 year of PS+ for Dragons Crown Vita (and whatever else comes down the line eventually). Im so tired all I want to do is lie down, at least I could play it in bed, been wanting to play it forever

with the Sorceror of course... oh yes

edit: or maybe just a 3 month card... those are like 15€ or something I think

What mods should I get for GTA 3? Feel like playing through 3/VC/SA, but when I booted up 3, the Widescreen wasn't right, and the fix here won't download for me.

Any ideas?

What mods should I get for GTA 3? Feel like playing through 3/VC/SA, but when I booted up 3, the Widescreen wasn't right, and the fix here won't download for me.

Any ideas?

GTA 3 HD Vehicles Tri-Pack III
HD Claude
GTA 3 High-Res Texture Pack by Fireburns
GTA 3 Natural HD Textures
GTA 3 downgrader, so the combined mods below work.
GTA 3 Silent Patch (fixes some bugs)
GinputIII (for controllers)
Widescreen Fix Remake (http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=23407)

Zafir

witcha 3 is so much cheaper on gog

35 bucks is amazing

i so wish a good game came with it rather than nwn
Depends where you live.

Oddly enough, it doesn't seem to be doing regional pricing for me still. Not that I'm complaining. Screw paying more in pounds.

Lomax

Yup.

Noticed Steamworld Dig is $2.49 as well. But alas, no Steam key = Pass.

Le sigh.

Seems likely it will hit that price during the summer sale then, if so I'll definitely be picking it up. Hoping for that, Long Live the Queen, and Van Helsing Complete to all hit 75% off and I'll be content. Not that I won't end up buying something more I'm sure.

Yup.

Noticed Steamworld Dig is $2.49 as well. But alas, no Steam key = Pass.

Le sigh.

I was going to post it here, but then saw the same.

If that game goes on sale at all during the Summer Sale, everyone needs to jump on it. You don't need to be an indie gamer, or a platform lover, or a puzzle maven, or niche enthusiast... you just need to like games to love it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Depends where you live.

Oddly enough, it doesn't seem to be doing regional pricing for me still. Not that I'm complaining. Screw paying more in pounds.
it's 50 bucks in argieland (i have both witchas)

35 bucks is a lot cheaper

it's just painful for me not to buy games on steam anymore

maybe nuuvem will save me

Nothing beats the ruskie traders' prices. They sell witcher 3 for 25 bucks
doing that whole key transfer thing has always scared me

game's prolly region locked anyways, rite?

The hits keep coming from you today lol.

giphy.gif
pls ask me about the walking dead lol

I think you're just trying to make people salty at this point :p
you have no proof!

Vuze

Man, Lifeless Planet is so intense. I'm not exactly sure why, but this game totally delivers in terms of atmosphere.
Did somebody here finish it already? Is the ending good? I've been thinking about how the story could turn out.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
doing that whole key transfer thing has always scared me

game's prolly region locked anyways, rite?

It's safe if you trade with reputable people and even if you get scammed you will most likely get your keys back, so the risk is minimal.

The Witcher 3 is region free for the moment

HoosTrax

Add me to the list of people looking to pick up Steamworld Dig during summer seal next week. I still have no idea what kind of game it is (Terraria-clone? Spelunky-clone? Metroidvania?), but it looks very interesting and I've heard good things about it.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's safe if you trade with reputable people and even if you get scammed you will most likely get your keys back, so the risk is minimal.

The Witcher 3 is region free for the moment
hmm can you help me with a link or something

i'm clueless about this stuff

I much preferred the pacing of the first Witcher to the second because it gave me time to come to grips with its systems rather than just burning me alive at word go.

mannerbot

Add me to the list of people looking to pick up Steamworld Dig during summer seal next week. I still have no idea what kind of game it is (Terraria-clone? Spelunky-clone? Metroidvania?), but it looks very interesting and I've heard good things about it.

It's not really any of the above, you dig around collecting ore to buy upgrades and there's some vague sense of getting powerups to go to places that were previously blocked off etc., but it's just not very well fleshed out. How much you enjoy the game depends very much on how much you like unlocking upgrades. I was incredibly let down by this game last year but if you keep in mind that it was a 3DS eShop game and don't hype yourself up reading absurd articles calling it a GOTY candidate you'll probably enjoy it... I guess.

zkylon

zkylewd
I much preferred the pacing of the first Witcher to the second because it gave me time to come to grips with its systems rather than just burning me alive at word go.
i think that's more balance than pacing tho

like the beginning of witcha 2 was hilariously difficult and it still kinda is

Vuze

I got my Witcher 3 copy and recently GTA4 for a buddy from this guy. http://steamcommunity.com/id/Perian/ (rep: http://www.steamtrades.com/user/id/76561198016018142)

Very friendly, high reputation and you can also pay via PayPal (I prefer this over keys, although it might be 1-3$ more expensive than key trading).
Here is his pricing list (13 keys/26$ PayPal for Witcher 3):http://www.steamtrades.com/forum/lw...-gamesforeststomping-landmorewtf2-keys-paypal

HoosTrax

It's not really any of the above, you dig around collecting ore to buy upgrades and there's some vague sense of getting powerups to go to places that were previously blocked off etc., but it's just not very well fleshed out. How much you enjoy the game depends very much on how much you like unlocking upgrades. I was incredibly let down by this game last year but if you keep in mind that it was a 3DS eShop game and don't hype yourself up reading absurd articles calling it a GOTY candidate you'll probably enjoy it... I guess.
Hmm it might actually be exactly my cup of tea as I'm addicted to "upgrades" and that sense of character progression. I love tower defense games where you can buy tower upgrades. I love games where you can upgrade your guns etc.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

Cheapest price on the market is 12.5 keys (12 tf2 keys and one tour of duty ticket)

You can either buy keys on the market or from a trader through paypal. You will pay a bit more if you get them from the market but it's more hassle free

When you're done buying the keys and the tod ticket, go to this site

http://dispenser.tf/trade/110051/

Dispenser.tf is an automated trade site. You need to login in through Steam, select the item you want (Witcher 3) and the payment option (12 keys+ tod). After than, you need to paste you trade offer link to the dialog box below. To find your trade offer link, go to inventory->trade offers-> select "who can send me trade offers" -> copy your link. After pasting your trade offer link and pressing confirm, the bot will send you a trade offer after a few seconds, just accept the trade offer and the game is yours

mannerbot

Hmm it might actually be exactly my cup of tea as I'm addicted to "upgrades" and that sense of character progression. I love tower defense games where you can buy tower upgrades. I love games where you can upgrade your guns etc.

I was actually thinking that, since you're a big cheesemint addict. I'm definitely in the minority as far as not liking the game so hope you enjoy it.

Tizoc

Yo Marlow Briggs is the shit son, it may not have the visual design of the GoW series, but the developers did their best with the graphics engine. This game is just freakin' hilarious and fun

Click on an image or copy pasta it in a new tab to see at higher res

Lomax

Yo Marlow Briggs is the shit son, it may not have the visual design of the GoW series, but the developers did their best with the graphics engine. This game is just freakin' hilarious and fun

Totally agree, it pokes great fun at the genre but still executes the genre well. And it looks great and runs pretty well, even though it has exactly zero video options. Couple of obnoxious platforming sections had me on the verge of rage quitting though. I'm hoping I have time to finish it up tonight.

zkylon

zkylewd
I got my Witcher 3 copy and recently GTA4 for a buddy from this guy. http://steamcommunity.com/id/Perian/ (rep: http://www.steamtrades.com/user/id/76561198016018142)

Very friendly, high reputation and you can also pay via PayPal (I prefer this over keys, although it might be 1-3$ more expensive than key trading).
Here is his pricing list (13 keys/26$ PayPal for Witcher 3):http://www.steamtrades.com/forum/lw...-gamesforeststomping-landmorewtf2-keys-paypal
Cheapest price on the market is 12.5 keys (12 tf2 keys and one tour of duty ticket)

You can either buy keys on the market or from a trader through paypal. You will pay a bit more if you get them from the market but it's more hassle free

When you're done buying the keys and the tod ticket, go to this site

http://dispenser.tf/trade/110051/

Dispenser.tf is an automated trade site. You need to login in through Steam, select the item you want (Witcher 3) and the payment option (12 keys+ tod). After than, you need to paste you trade offer link to the dialog box below. To find your trade offer link, go to inventory->trade offers-> select "who can send me trade offers" -> copy your link. After pasting your trade offer link and pressing confirm, the bot will send you a trade offer after a few seconds, just accept the trade offer and the game is yours

thanks friends

i have 43 gabebucks from selling the doto item i got with my mouse, so might just buy some keys and get it for "free" that way.

now i got to convince myself i don't want the extra stuff from the gog version

i listened a lot to the witcha 1's soundtrack and i love artbooks so i dunno, steam version looks a bit barebones

decisions decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom