• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
*Get Gunhound EX 3 pack
*Decide to unpack and try my luck
*Get a foil
*Put it up for sale for $15

Haha, good luck with that. The Full Boar foil I earned mere hours after the game released has still yet to sell. :(

abracadaver

ut2004pa2kij.jpg

what do you have to do to get the ut2004 master badge ?

all cards as foil cards ? do you need the other badges first ?
also why does ut2004 have trading cards but ut3 does not ?

Vuze

I'll quote myself from the previous topic:

I just wouldn't risk it tbh. Have heard people got vac'd for using ENB.

On topic btw: did somebody get vac banned for using ENB/SFX/Gedosato with Dark Souls 2? Just remembered the hysteria when it was released. I just finished it offline.

JaseC

ut2004pa2kij.jpg

what do you have to do to get the ut2004 master badge ?

all cards as foil cards ? do you need the other badges first ?

Foil badges are completely separate to regular ones, so there's no need to level up the latter first -- just buy/trade for the foil cards that you need.

also why does ut2004 have trading cards but ut3 does not ?

Because Epic.

think like the xenus games or pathologic or even some aspects of the stalker and witcha series

Speaking of Xenus, it's time to get that series and Precursors on Steam. If shit like Air Control can make it, why not these broken but awesome games?

Haha, good luck with that. The Full Boar foil I earned mere hours after the game released has still yet to sell. :(

I got a foil for a new game about a week ago. People were listing it for about $5. Now it's down to 33 cents because of insane price undercutting. Only two have sold in that period. Yet again I repeat, getting a foil is usually a liability and not something to be very happy about.

Because Epic.

Epic just patched UT3 to remove Gamespy so that multiplayer functionality would continue after the shutdown. Too bad they don't seem interested in doing the same for GFWL on Bulletstorm that would actually keep the game playable.

Epic just patched UT3 to remove Gamespy so that multiplayer functionality would continue after the shutdown. Too bad they don't seem interested in doing the same for GFWL on Bulletstorm that would actually keep the game playable.

The rights are probably murky. Plus EA is involved so maybe they are demanding Origin only?

JaseC

Not greenlighting a PC port of Shadow Complex is also a crime. Supposedly there was a notice on Chair's website circa the game's launch stating that a PC port was "coming soon", but as far as I can tell this is just a fairytale.

Zafir

On topic btw: did somebody get vac banned for using ENB/SFX/Gedosato with Dark Souls 2? Just remembered the hysteria when it was released. I just finished it offline.
Don't think so. I never got banned for using gedosato.

Kyougar

New Goat Simulation Patch tomorrow. Now you can even built things.

Not long before we get a Goat City Builder
or an RTS. Scratch that, we have S.W.I.N.E for that

But Harvest Moon Goat Edition could go some ways. You could plant Crops, lick saltstones and herd humans.

I see. I wanted to try the "realistic mod" for State Of Decay and I noticed it's a sweetFX profile. Btw state of decay doesn't have online (and Vac too I guess), so I should be safe right?

Ruruja

okay steam gaf

i give you shit but i need your help

imma need some recommendations for a pc game that a friend and i can online co op (we got good 'puters don't worry about specs)

Lord of the Rings: War in the North is a good co-op game. Similar to those co-op Baldur's Gate games for the PS2 (which were awesome).

Dr Dogg

Not greenlighting a PC port of Shadow Complex is also a crime. Supposedly there was a notice on Chair's website circa the game's launch stating that a PC port was "coming soon", but as far as I can tell this is just a fairytale.

Yeah I'd love to replay Shadow Complex again but supped up. I think somewhere in the depths of the Unreal Engine promo website it still has it listed as a PC title. Teasing buggers.

Edit: Yep still has PC on there. It was not to be :(

duppolo

Do you have a smartphone or tablet? I'd just wait for the inevitable streaming support before spending any money. The feature already supports Windows, Mac and Linux (although at present you can only stream from Windows), so Android and iOS-based devices are about the only things "... with support for more systems coming soon" could possibly be referring to.

But i would like to have something plugged on my tv in the other room of the house..

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Making a call now, Murdered: Soul Suspect is going to be a polarizing game. I played a bit at a friend's house, my impressions from my time with it is that the people who will enjoy it the most are those who can enjoy 'minimalism gameplay' experience games... By this I mean things like Walking Dead or Heavy Rain. It's kind of a mix between those type of games, a spiritual puzzle game like Geist or Ghost Trick, and a horror game.

619.jpg

It's hard to judge the story from a bit of hands-on time with it, but it seemed interesting enough, and everyone I heard seemed pretty well acted. The game definitely looked pretty, there were a few frame rate problems on consoles but that shouldn't be an issue on PC.

What I gathered is gameplay is split into four 'styles'. The four styles merge together in gameplay, and sometimes you rapidly switch between them. The first is when you're walking around and exploring the environment, interacting with it with your ghostly powers sometimes for puzzles. The second is 'cinematic' gameplay, by which I mean you do something 'cinematically', like the game focuses on your hand and you then can fully control it to interact with something else, or something like that. The third is possessing people, where you take them over, interact with other people and try to do things with the possessed people to accomplish your tasks. The fourth is when Dusk Demons show up, which you're defenseless too and you have to run and hide from them as they chase you (or try and sneak past them without them detecting you).

Had a lot of moments of a lot of cutscenes with little gameplay, and then a bit of gameplay, and then more story, or segments of a gameplay continuously but the story is still present. Basically a story-focused game, where even in gameplay the story continues,

It gave me strong vibes of a few other games, but it all seemed interesting enough. I think I'll bite when its a little cheaper for my budget, however. It didn't seem bad to me, but it just seems like a game that's going to get mixed reception (partially to the type of game it is) and underperform likely. Still, I think some here on Steam GAF might like it, it seemed like a game that would fill a certain niche and probably find a cult audience,

The demons looked cool.

sl5a_image_murdered_soul_suspect-24490-2654_0006-670x376.jpg

JaseC

Yeah I'd love to replay Shadow Complex again but supped up. I think somewhere in the depths of the Unreal Engine promo website it still has it listed as a PC title. Teasing buggers.

Edit: Yep still has PC on there. It was not to be :(

Ah, maybe that's what folks were referring to.

But i would like to have something plugged on my tv in the other room of the house..

Some phones/tablets have HDMI out, but I gather this doesn't apply in your case. An AMD APU-based system would only run you a few hundred bucks and be fine for streaming (plus with an actual PC you could steam over Ethernet rather than wireless) -- a few are listed in the OP of the I Need a New PC thread.

Arthea

Making a call now, Murdered: Soul Suspect is going to be a polarizing game. I played a bit at a friend's house, my impressions from my time with it is that the people who will enjoy it the most are those who can enjoy 'minimalism gameplay' experience games... By this I mean things like Walking Dead or Heavy Rain. It's kind of a mix between those type of games, a spiritual puzzle game like Geist or Ghost Trick, and a horror game.
Thanks for impressions. I'm a little confused by some of what you said, if it's like tWD or HR, how can it be like Ghost Trick too? Ghost Trick is a gamey game, very much so.

I missed this announcement too somehow, thanks.

Dusk Golem

Like Ghost Trick!? Oh yes!

To an extent, as you are a ghost and your manipulating objects and people to solve puzzles in places. but to be seen how deep that goes gameplay-wise as I have a feeling it won't explore it as nicely as Ghost Trick did (as this is also trying to be one of those cinematic games like Walking Dead or Heavy Rain).

Dusk Golem

Thanks for impressions. I'm a little confused by some of what you said, if it's like tWD or HR, how can it be like Ghost Trick too? Ghost Trick is a gamey game, very much so.

My impression is that this game wants to be a gamier Walking Dead or Heavy Rain type of game... It has more core gameplay to it, but a lot of it feels a bit stripped down. Like, there's some stealth elements with the demons, and some chase and sequences of you thinking fast on your feet. You have direct control of your character more often than not. And there's puzzles to solve, which those type of games don't usually have. Like basically... Figuring out how to accomplish something by manipulating objects and people and using clues from the environment, from talking to people while possessing other people, and then putting it all into motion to make something happen. Least from what I experienced. Also situations where you're asked questions and you have to find the answers and put it together by locating clues, and you have the ability to see fragments of the past through objects, or to possess someone and read their mind.

Parsnip

Just to make sure, is Gamefly digital stuff region locked in some way or another?

Might grab Murdered from there if I can.

Not sure, but looks like it.

Also Wild Season looks nice! I might buy that when released, or even both.

I think Wild Season might be released first than Stardew Valley, it's only one person working in the later and I believe he/she is doing all the work in the game.

JaseC

Just to make sure, is Gamefly digital stuff region locked in some way or another?

Might grab Murdered from there if I can.

GameFly is quite strict about the matter of international availability. Murdered falls in the larger camp of "US, Canada and Mexico only".

What's the cheapest Murdered? GameFly?

Yeah. Once I'm done idling for ~10 minutes in about a dozen games I'll be pre-ordering it myself with the help of credit.

Edit: Alternatively you may be able to find an AMD code on eBay and the like.

kurahador

To an extent, as you are a ghost and your manipulating objects and people to solve puzzles in places. but to be seen how deep that goes gameplay-wise as I have a feeling it won't explore it as nicely as Ghost Trick did (as this is also trying to be one of those cinematic games like Walking Dead or Heavy Rain).

How's the story?

Arthea

My impression is that this game wants to be a gamier Walking Dead or Heavy Rain type of game... It has more core gameplay to it, but a lot of it feels a bit stripped down. Like, there's some stealth elements with the demons, and some chase and sequences of you thinking fast on your feet. You have direct control of your character more often than not. And there's puzzles to solve, which those type of games don't usually have. Like basically... Figuring out how to accomplish something by manipulating objects and people and using clues from the environment, from talking to people while possessing other people, and then putting it all into motion to make something happen. Least from what I experienced. Also situations where you're asked questions and you have to find the answers and put it together by locating clues, and you have the ability to see fragments of the past through objects, or to possess someone and read their mind.

Thanks, that leaves some hope, for Murdered: Soul Suspect, I mean. (><)
It seems like a really dark game, from what I've seen (meaning literally dark, not atmosphere or setting), is it?

I think Wild Season might be released first than Stardew Valley, it's only one person working in the later and I believe he/she is doing all the work in the game.

I think another game I played, that was made by one person only is Hero of the Kingdom, it was good, in relaxing way, if you know what I mean ;)

duppolo

Some phones/tablets have HDMI out, but I gather this doesn't apply in your case. An AMD APU-based system would only run you a few hundred bucks and be fine for streaming (plus with an actual PC you could steam over Ethernet rather than wireless) -- a few are listed in the OP of the I Need a New PC thread.

Thanks!

Dr Dogg

I think you were right also. I think I can remember either one of the top guys at CHAIR or someone like Mike Capps saying it was coming to PC at a later date in an interview right before the release. Of course all that Orson Scott Card stuff blew up just before and nothing much has been said about the game or potential franchise since :/

Can't a $300 mini-Atom PC do the streaming job?

Don't know how well the Atom mini systems fair. I'd say an entry level Intel NUC or Gigabyte BRIX with a Windows installation is a good starting point as they have i3 processors and HD4000 integrated which have had good feedback in the streaming group discussion. You can pick up a barebones NUC for about £120-£130 and all you got to do is get some RAM, an OS drive and an OS and that's it. A BRIX would be a bit more but you have the swank factor that you can mount them to a VESA compatible display and have it hidden round the back of your TV.

First, and I'm late on this, thanks Dupy! Legends of your awesomeness were not exaggerated.

And second, could someone post that handy link that shows the lowest a game has been? My head is mostly fog and burps this morning... I've even failed at googling...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom