• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vibranium

Banned
5Nxgy2Q.png

Harsh, Salsa.

I really liked Tomb Raider as well, obviously the tombs and puzzles were subpar but there's a lot they can fix in the sequel. Maybe get Gail Simone to write the story as well.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I think separately all games are discounted the same -80%, although I'm somewhat sure not all are steam keys this way.

Checked, and they are 80%, but the one that I'm the most interested in is classified as "DRM Free." Oh well, hopefully it'll be part of the summer sale for a low price.

According to modbot these are some unclaimed games from older giveaways and some new too, as most games were unclaimed, no rules this time for real, not simply forgotten.
Thanks for Time Gentlemen. I love point and click, and I love time travel, so I should get a kick out of this. :)

Wrack's developers developed the Skilltag source port for the Doom source code way before this title went up for early access. I highly doubt Quake's the main influence, though Quake arguably takes Doom into the vertical dimension.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
any solution for far cry 3 problem ?

Unfortunately the only way to solve your issue I've ever seen are in the Ubi forum thread you've already linked to or PC Wiki http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Far_Cry_3#Crash_after_first_cutscene_and_random_crashing

You could try experimenting around with down-clocking GPU as that has resolved some crashes that occur later on in the game for some people, but I have no idea if that will do anything for that loadings screen or initial start up.

Sorry we couldn't actually be much help here.

rtcn63

I remember when JaseC and I went to see that one movie with the short clip of Scorsese partly unsheathed. It was called, if memory services accurate, Skinless Romulan and her Auto-Erotic Sisters from New Zealand. We learned afterwards that it was a loose adaptation inspired by a line mentioned in a book that no one read to completion but the editor.

Got it for keys a few weeks ago since it won't get a discount and I'm worried it will get removed at some point. Better safe than sorry.
Good point. The keys are a discount anyway, so I should hop on that.

I couldn't agree more with Steve. There seems to be a consensus among the louder, more vitriolic elements of the community (aka certain forums I won't name but aren't GAF or Facepunch, so no worries there) that if Valve makes something, it sucks, and BTW 1.6 is perfect, amen.

The CS:GO beta taught me why Valve is extremely selective when it responds to CS community questions, concerns, and demands.
Yeah, I've seen the behaviour as well; "if it's different, it sucks". But seriously, mat_postprocess_enable 0 VALVE PLS

PLS!!!1

No really! Do it already!

While we're on the subject of CS:GO, something that's been kind of on my mind lately was how they incorporated their F2P scheme into it a little under a year ago now. I'm fine with it as it's made me a profit in Steam funny money so it's worked in my favour, but I was always under the impression that it wasn't something that they always had in mind for the game but then added it after the fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogcBfHjzsIU

It wasn't until I saw that video of pre-release footage from 2011 that my suspicions were raised. At 6:26 you can see a player on the Terrorist side bring out their knife, and shortly after you can see the Counter-Terrorist's knife in their view.

jb0E9HMnQtCrEg.png
jxC8IwtwzwjoV.png

These differ pretty radically from the default knives of the released game.

jNRS4pLRI0my6.png
jbgrKILIKV5bbb.png

Knives are the high-ticket items in CS:GO's fashion game, akin to the unusuals of TF2 or the... rare couriers of Dota 2? I don't know anything about Dota. Anyways, knives are some of the big bucks items you can get from their gambling system and here are a couple of the ones you can find:

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/730/★ Flip Knife
http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/730/★ Bayonet

Pretty familiar huh? Now I don't know if the images get it across properly, but the default knives are just extremely dinky looking. The Terrorist one especially looks like it's a cheap plastic prop that couldn't so much as cut a loaf of bread. I can't help but feel that this was their idea all along and that they changed the standard ones to look as chintzy as possible to prey on people's desire for something, well, cooler.

Which would be fine I guess if CS:GO was a F2P game, but it's still a paid product. One that they coincidentally tend to put on sale after waves of VAC bans. So you have these items going for more than 4 times the base price of the game itself on the market, and the game itself doesn't have a standard item store like TF2 or Dota, you can only directly buy keys to gamble with cases and name tags.

They're just cosmetics so in the end it doesn't really matter a whole bunch and can be completely ignored, but I can't help but feel rubbed the wrong way just a bit.

Salsa

Valve has been shitting up the bed a bit this year but coming to the realization that "a lot of people seem to wanna hate Valve" is nothing new. They're one of the most beloved companies out there, so of course there's people out there that will take the opportunity to exagerate like that and they come off a lot louder than the stuff one is already "supposed" to hate for their practices (EA, etc). Those threads about having a community manager and the Euro Truck incident were great, legitimate issues and it already has posters reducing it to saying stuff like "watching Valve now is like watching a falling angel" and shit like that. They're so cool man.

Tizoc

Ended up getting TF: Dark Spar for under $20...ah well not a bad price IMO.

Can anyone help me find the game's cover but without the ESRB rating and PS3, etc. logos please?
Basically a clean version of this
Transformers-Rise-Of-The-Dark-Spark-Playstation-3_1397576664.jpg

I need it for the Discussion thread I'm making for the game.

nexen

I don't know how to explain to my family what I'm laughing so hard at right now.

Valve has been shitting up the bed a bit this year but coming to the realization that "a lot of people seem to wanna hate Valve" is nothing new. They're one of the most beloved companies out there, so of course there's people out there that will take the opportunity to exagerate like that and they come off a lot louder than the stuff one is already "supposed" to hate for their practices (EA, etc). Those threads about having a community manager and the Euro Truck incident were great, legitimate issues and it already has posters reducing it to saying stuff like "watching Valve now is like watching a falling angel" and shit like that. They're so cool man.

eh, while it is juvenile it can end up having real effects on the bottom line when taken in aggregate. If they keep making mistakes the community will turn on them in time.

Tizoc

Looks like Cybertron Grimlock is in Dark Spark
10385494_10152496396305097_5826296013050473085_n.jpg

Wonder if this means you can play as any design of most characters since you can also play as Bayformer Grimlock
10464207_10152496396285097_6312906303564351616_n.jpg

...and it seems the Decepticon faction now has
the 3 main Insecticons

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I'll admit that I've confused you for Salsa based solely on the fact that you have that little hardhat in your avatar. D:
Well, it is the same hat.

Thanks for the reply.
So much for that theory.
Yeah, no problem :)

I hate you all for the gift cards and discounts

it's like deals on top of deals

no fair
Agreed :(

Suarez is not the problem, what worries me is everyone else
mainly "Useless with la celeste" Cavani :/

Yes.

The day of the Steam Summer Sale, me and you are going to fight aren't we...
Well, if Uruguay wins I'm going to do a nice giveaway
and a better one if we make it out of the group phase

im going to like Thief, come at me bros

I liked Hitman and Tomb Raider, fuck you guys
Well Thief is pretty unique and definitely a classic game, so if you liked those two you'll no doubt like it a lot as well. Get some mods though, it'll help with the blocky graphics.

#dead

Tizoc

2nd one is good, just need the title shopped in Prime's sword, my photoshop fu is weak but I'll try something tomorrow when I put up the discussion thread, thanks!

rtcn63

Of course it is, Half-Life 3 isn't real. I've been to the far future, and the history books have outright stated that it was always intended as a macguffin to distract people from asking why Gabe speaks in a fairly blatant Haitian accent.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca

JakeD

can anyone who has the Witcher 1 and 2 installed through steam let me know the folder names? im attempting to move GOG install files to see if i can save myself 30 gigs of downloading

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cant wait for the midweek tomorow when half the people ask "will it go lower in the summer sale?" even tho its 2 days before said sale :p

can anyone who has the Witcher 1 and 2 installed through steam let me know the folder names? im attempting to move GOG install files to see if i can save myself 30 gigs of downloading
Steam\SteamApps\common\The Witcher Enhanced Edition
Steam\SteamApps\common\the witcher 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom