• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, you might be right about my dislike of the defaults colouring perception. Let me ask you, do you think they look up to par with the others? I have a hard time believing anyone would prefer the default T knife to anything else, it just looks so intentionally unappealing to make the desire for the alternatives stronger. Even comparing to CS 1.6 and CS:S, the default knives of GO just have a sort of underdeveloped look to them.

They changed it for a reason, but I guess what brings me back to my suspicions is that they're fine with changing it back so long as you're willing to spend the money. I guess they're a special case, but it seems you should at least be willing to freely switch between vanilla knife variants. This isn't a F2P game afterall, even if they implemented their same F2P hooks.
The CT knife looks professional, the T knife looks rough, which I think is the look/personality Valve was going for. I like both knives, but my preference is with the CT knife, which as I noted earlier, I'd love to see some skins on.

If they made the flip and bayonet alternate vanilla knives, I think there'd be questions like 1) why are these two knives alternate vanilla knives, and not the other three (four now), and 2) why are these new alternate vanilla knives cosmetic, with no gameplay alterations, like the M4A1, USP, and CZ75?

Perhaps we should continue this discussion in the CS:GO thread?

I'm interested. It looks like fun.
It helps also that the game is just 20 dollars on the Origin mexican store.

Link to his Steam profile pls.

I'd rather have new Special Delivery maps. Doomsday is awesome, but it's the only thing we've got in that gamemode for two years. :/

I never ever looked at PvZ and said "I need this franchise to branch out and give me whatever the hell genre Garden Warfare is..." :p

I'll PM you the link to his profile... not sure if he wants it posted or not.

Bluth54

MORE HATS

For the love of dog, please be a bunch of new weapons.

Yes it's going to have new weapons, in the last blog post they talked about weapons that the TF2 play tested and didn't work, and then the last weapon they talk about it turns out it did work out when they play tested (a parachute for the solider). So at the very least I'm sure we'll be getting that, though I imagine we'll get quite a few more weapons then that.

... care to bet with real money?

Valve has always been very careful about not launching a major TF2 update during the Steam summer sale in the past:

TF2 Summer event/patch 2013 - July 10 Summer Sale begins July 11

Pyromania 2012 June 27 Summer Sale begins July 12

Uber Update 2011 June 23 Summer Sale begins June 30

Engineer Update 2010 July 8 Summer Sale ends July 4

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Not a real game key don't claim this -- MB-654B59D9C3D73C69 - Taken by Stumpokapow
Seriously don't claim this key -- MB-AB4427631F5ACF4B - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Not a real game key don't claim this -- MB-654B59D9C3D73C69
Seriously don't claim this key -- MB-AB4427631F5ACF4B
Challenge accepted... I think.

My bad if that wasn't actually a joke, Stump.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member

Rules for this Giveaway:

Not a real game key don't claim this -- MB-654B59D9C3D73C69
Seriously don't claim this key -- MB-AB4427631F5ACF4B
I want to participate in this out of sheer curiosity, but I'd feel like a jerk if I took a key for a game I already have. :/

denx

Thanks corrosivefrost. Ended up adding a bunch of people from here I don't have on my friendlist.

I wish we had some achievement hunt back. Or something similar. The "voting" thing for flashsales and the likes is not fun at all :(

Getting Terraria for free by crafting coal in the Winter 2011 sale was the best thing ever
until getting Dishonored GOTY at 3 dollars in a price mistake in last year's Autumn sale took its place.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
and what were the games?

One was "Seriously don't claim this key is Why did you do this" and I think the other was "Seriously don't claim this key is Why did you do this: Episode Two: The Aftermath of the Reckoning of the Revengance of the Stumped One."

After reading the Digital Foundry article, it becomes extremely obvious that GTAV was planned for PC/current-gen from the start.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-grand-theft-auto-5-trailer-ps4-tech-analysis

This looks like a pretty substantial upgrade from last generation.
Increased fooliage density, added geometry, sharper textures, increased draw disctance, and the lighting and shadows are improved. Even goes into little things like more detailed cockpits.
The level of detail in this game is truly insane. Can't wait to finally jump into this game.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Got this loaded from the discounted pre-order from their site, but it's weird they're not offering pre-orders on Steam yet.
yWzdNBz.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I heard corrosivefrost plays Ken in Street Fighter. Expected from a Sub Zero fan really.

and now we wait

Ryne

I'm addicted to buying games with TF2 keys, trying to get Mordor for 13 keys now.

GRID: Autosport is also up on GMG

kevin1025

Banned
I'm addicted to buying games with TF2 keys, trying to get Mordor for 13 keys now.

GRID: Autosport is also up on GMG

I go through phases where I buy a bunch of games with keys, and then move on from it. If you keep an eye out, you can run off like a bandit. Having been looking at the trade offers lately, it's starting to sneak up on me again.

Is there anyone really that excited for such a game? I thought the prior Games were okay. Kinda fun, but nothing groundbreaking.

Wondering how this series could even get 3 games plus two spinoff Games.

Never played the original. But SE2 was fairly fun outside of shitty stealth and closed level design. The shooting itself was superb. I'm hoping the third is an improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom