• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
There are officially almost as many games that have been on Greenlit as have been on Steam throughout its entire lifespan:
t2yvs2y.png

I stopped bothering at 1000. If Valve gave me a badge or something i would keep doing it.

My constitution couldn't take much more past 1600, and I would only give the thumbs up to one for every hundred or so I went through and thumbs downed.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Did a few upgrades to ModBot. The main changes:
- It should now be impossible for ModBot to occasionally miss editing out stuff in 3 hour / 24 hour giveaways, especially during thread cutovers (if ModBot can't find the post in the current thread, he'll now use the search engine to try to figure out where it is and use that to edit it out)
- In the event that something fails to edit out properly, and people are trying to claim it even hours later, ModBot should double back and re-check the post for editing.

This is working towards moving to ModBot working seamlessly in any thread with no need for the THREADURL command.

you also voted for everything? /high5bro

For everything? No. I vote on everything. Probably around 40% yes and 60% no, maybe a little lower.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Ok doing this while more people in the US are awake...

Thief Giveaway (the new one)
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Thief -- MB-0F41EF79BB9C248F - Taken by Mavromatis. 35 entrants total.

t1402978119z1.png

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Ok doing this while more people in the US are awake...

:D

Performance on Thief need a bit more optimization. The game itself is a potpourri of both interesting innovations and efforts to streamline the experience. It's nowhere near the prior titles and is more akin to Dishonored than anything else. But in someways it is an interesting experience.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
For everything? No. I vote on everything. Probably around 40% yes and 60% no, maybe a little lower.

That sounds about right, though right now at nearly 1000 games voted on, I'd say mine's more towards 35% yes and 65% no. I probably should have voted no on more games when I first started looking at Greenlight instead of just not voting on games that looked okay but nothing I wanted, honestly.

And thanks for the giveaway, even though I'm not entering, Dupy.

Volimar

Amazing giveaway as usual Dupy.

Did a few upgrades to ModBot. The main changes:
- It should now be impossible for ModBot to occasionally miss editing out stuff in 3 hour / 24 hour giveaways, especially during thread cutovers (if ModBot can't find the post in the current thread, he'll now use the search engine to try to figure out where it is and use that to edit it out)
- In the event that something fails to edit out properly, and people are trying to claim it even hours later, ModBot should double back and re-check the post for editing.

This is working towards moving to ModBot working seamlessly in any thread with no need for the THREADURL command.

Stump is The Decider.

zeroOman

When i was downloading Dota 2 with steam.... it rest the whole thing after trying to continue the downloading !!!!

is it me only? or there is problem in my pc?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I figured I'd support Sekai Projects efforts in getting more VNs on Steam by giving away a copy of Fate Milestone One! It is still completely in Japanese still so this is more of a preload situation until the English update unless you know Japanese.
ModBot said:
Instructions for InfiniteNine:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

fault milestone one -- MB-378F4E2DF61D1FC5 - Taken by topyy. 56 entrants total.

t1403064270z1.png

-MD-

I figured I'd support Sekai Projects efforts in getting more VNs on Steam by giving away a copy of Fate Milestone One! It is still completely in Japanese still so this is more of a preload situation until the English update unless you know Japanese.

Not my kinda game so I won't be entering but cool giveaway.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dishonored: The Prequel wont have any participants because of how terrible and nausiating it is right guys?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Thanks for supporting more Japanese ports to PC InfiniteNine. But, have the developers mentioned a time frame for the English update? Because I don't want to stop someone who could enjoy it now, instead of a few months later.

Dishonored: The Prequel wont have any participants because of how terrible and nausiating it is right guys?

Dishonored was probably the best spiritual sequel to Dark Messiah; focusing on the assassin aspect. Why would the prequel necessarily be bad?

Pudge

Anybody played Heavy Bullets yet? It looks interesting, and I'm curious about other's experience with it.

I've played it for an hour or so. It's the best out of all the FPS Rougelikes IMO. Super hard, but fair and fun just like it should be. And the neon art design and music really pull it together.

rtcn63

You're dead wrong unfortunately.

I remember following enemies, trying to blackjack them, and it either not working or sending the enemy into alert most of the time. One mission, I followed one guy and repeatedly hit him from behind with the blackjack and it did nothing. He didn't notice either. Think it just clipped through again and again. I had to quicksave after every successful knockout.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What? It was probably the best spiritual sequel to Dark Messiah; focusing on the assassin aspect. I don't understand why people associated it with Thief.

I meant Thief >_> It looks more like a Dishonored without powers game than a Thief game is all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom