• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Thanks for supporting more Japanese ports to PC InfiniteNine. But, have the developers mentioned a time frame for the English update? Because I don't want to stop someone who could enjoy it now, instead of a few months later.

It'll probably be available a couple of months from now since they have some Japanese copies of the game at AX with Steam codes for the English PC version.

Sajjaja

This is a lie.

go-on-the-internet-and-tell-lies.jpg

I remember following enemies, trying to blackjack them, and it either not working or sending the enemy into alert most of the time. One mission, I followed one guy and repeatedly hit him from behind with the blackjack and it did nothing. He didn't notice either. I had to quicksave after every successful knockout.

I'm not going to sully the mood after such generosity, but I lovvvveeee Thief to death(originals), and bought Thi4f for more than most people did with extremely low expectations. Basically I only wanted atmosphere, which it has, for about an hour. Then you realize how bad the game is and just uninstall it.

Deadly Shadows was patched, I think, and while some aspects of it are lacking, others make up for it and create and much better whole.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
OH! Stump are you still there? I keep forgeting to ask this

Can you check what the fuck is wrong with my loot...err... my loot's "my loot" >_> It says I have a bunch of unclaimed steam gifts (not keys, the steam link type) and that cant be or all those games would still be in my inventory

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, where are they selling Gold keys at around $28?

Ebay. People sell them to help pay for their new video cards. This AMD bundle should be good for two more months.

I meant Thief >_> It looks more like a Dishonored without powers game than a Thief game is all

It's a game where the developers didn't know exactly what they wanted it to be.

I remember following enemies, trying to blackjack them, and it either not working or sending the enemy into alert most of the time. One mission, I followed one guy and repeatedly hit him from behind with the blackjack and it did nothing. He didn't notice either. Think it just clipped through again and again. I had to quicksave after every successful knockout.

I just avoided the guards in the game. :/

It'll probably be available a couple of months from now since they have some Japanese copies of the game at AX with Steam codes for the English PC version.

Thanks!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It will take a lot of cards, but sure.

well, steam wallet, whatever. do I just go to the market and look for Team Fortress 2 key, and then try to buy the cheapest ones? I have no idea how this works, but I want one of those gold codes for mah soul suspect :(

rtcn63

Yep. Thief 3 is not exactly good, but it is much better and far, far, but very far less buggier than Thi4F. At least Thief 3 has a couple of things going for it. Thi4f is just unoptimized,uninspired, buggy crap.

I've realized I shouldn't talk anymore in steamgaf. I'm just a fibber whose words and experiences mean nothing, so. I'll just stick to trying my luck at giveaways (which I greatly appreciate), it was fun all!

kevin1025

Banned
well, steam wallet, whatever. do I just go to the market and look for Team Fortress 2 key, and then try to buy the cheapest ones? I have no idea how this works, but I want one of those gold codes for mah soul suspect :(

Basically, yeah. Usually I wait and offer first before buying the keys, in case the offer doesn't exist anymore and then you're stuck with a bunch of keys. But yeah, you then add the trader (or make the offer on Steamtrades, some don't like blind adds), and make the offer, and a trade is opened. Also make sure to watch their positive/negative score next to their name, that can go a long way in earning your trust.

I feel like I've made a huge mistake by not picking up Blacklist.

Guess I'll have to wait a whole few days for the sale.

I think it's rather unlikely to go on sale again for that or less. That's why I grabbed it.

Price will always go lower.

Eventually, maybe. During this sale... maybe not?

Modded Watch Dogs

140616113841684474.png

Mother of God...
I need a deal on this. I want to play it now, it looks sooooooo delicious.

Sniper Elite III Preorder for 32 dollars on GreenManGaming with A5D6OC-SSP45E-FYUBTA

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/au/en/pc/games/action/sniper-elite-iii/

You'd be better off getting a silver AMD code for $20 and getting Sniper 3 and Murdered.

I'm addicted to buying games with TF2 keys, trying to get Mordor for 13 keys now.

GRID: Autosport is also up on GMG

I'm waiting for the TF2 key crash on the 19th and then I will buy a metric ton of them so I can go trade happy and bother certain awesome SteamGAF members less when it comes to being middlemen...

yGCQWdT.jpg

Who is making the summer sale thread?

That needs to be the thread title. Please.

EDIT: This was found in the Watch Dogs code.

GENIUS.

I second this.

YES.

INDEED.
Ok doing this while more people in the US are awake...

Thief Giveaway (the new one)

Nice. It gets a lot of hate, but it's still cool that you're willing to give away something that's not bundle fodder. ^_^

Keep up the good work, Saint Dupy.

Dishonored: The Prequel wont have any participants because of how terrible and nausiating it is right guys?

Betters the odds of you getting your karmic retribution, no?

Exaggerated depth of field <3
Damn steam not saving uncompressed pngs

I thought you could tell Steam to save uncompressed screencaps?
Either way, I need this game... NOW.

and can I buy these 13 TF2 keys with my card moneyz?

Yes. If you wait til the sale starts, you'll get more TF2 keys for your card moneyz.

I heard corrosivefrost plays Ken in Street Fighter. Expected from a Sub Zero fan really.

and now we wait

Not sure where this is going... but yes, I am a Ken player, though I've been rather happy playing Cody instead since SSF4. I like Juri too, while we're talking about this, but I can't play her after learning her in SFxT... it's just not the same.

Yep. Thief 3 is not exactly good, but it is much better and far, far, but very far less buggier than Thi4F. At least Thief 3 has a couple of things going for it. Thi4f is just unoptimized,uninspired, buggy crap.

You must have a charming bedside manner.

I tried Deadly Shadows - it suffers from the same bout of "console-itis" that befell Deus Ex: Invisible War. Series mainstay mechanics lopped out because they didn't work with a gamepad, tons of loading areas, buggy elements... I haven't touched it since.

Given the reboot's development history, I'm surprised it's even playable.

Yes. If you wait til the sale starts, you'll get more TF2 keys for your card moneyz.

The prices for the Games rise accordingly though.

Was like that during the last Summer and Winter Sale too. They earn more during those times.

Rhaknar

Not sure where this is going... but yes, I am a Ken player, though I've been rather happy playing Cody instead since SSF4. I like Juri too, while we're talking about this, but I can't play her after learning her in SFxT... it's just not the same.

was just bored at work and baiting you, but obviously you were busy playing your new favorite game Aliens Colonial Marines :(

Rhaknar

The game isnt really that bad after the patch. Still medicore, but I think it is by no means a bad game.

Just a game full of mediocrity.

I know I finished it. I think I liked it more than Frost is liking it, at least I liked half of it :p

I was being sarcastic with the favorite game bit, because thats all i see him play lately on steam, even after he got his playfire rewards

at least hes making GIFs out of it :)

MUnited83

For you.
You must have a charming bedside manner.

I tried Deadly Shadows - it suffers from the same bout of "console-itis" that befell Deus Ex: Invisible War. Series mainstay mechanics lopped out because they didn't work with a gamepad, tons of loading areas, buggy elements... I haven't touched it since.

Given the reboot's development history, I'm surprised it's even playable.
And even with all that, it's better than Thi4f.

I've realized I shouldn't talk anymore in steamgaf. I'm just a fibber whose words and experiences mean nothing, so. I'll just stick to trying my luck at giveaways (which I greatly appreciate), it was fun all!
Seems you are being unnecessarily harsh on yourself. People have different opinions, people disagree. Those are thing that happen on a forum and that's completely fine.

Kirosia needs to learn not to give a fuck about what other people think. The world is a wonderful place when you reach that zen state...

DmC, Hitman Absolution, Tomb Raider were all awesome. Oh yes

indianajonessmug.gif

Actually Absolution was just ok, pretty tho!

oh and Dear Esther is garbage. There, ive said it!
Yep, this pretty much. Hell, I'm a guy whose some of the favorite games include both Kane and Lynch games.

Rhaknar

Kirosia needs to learn not to give a fuck about what other people think. The world is a wonderful place when you reach that zen state...

indianajonessmug.gif

indianajonessmug.gif

You are 50% right.

indianajonessmug.gif

I haven't played Absolution yet, but it looks okay from what I've seen. Hopefully I will enjoy it when I do.

I wouldn't say DmC was awesome. But it was a hell of a lot better than I expected from a developer with a track record such as NT's.

100% on the money with Dear Esther too.
I'm still a bit bitter I got it as a gift from someone... but I finally played it and while there were a few pretty locations, the "game" was a total bore. I'm glad I jacked up the walk speed a bunch or I'd have never finished it.

dead to me

Guess I am too.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
It was only last year the former head of Eidos Montreal left the company and pooped on them on his way out.

“Since last year’s financial short-coming performance of Square Enix Europe, we (HQ London and GM Eidos-Montreal) have had growing and divergent opinions on what needed to be done to correct the situation,” he said.

“The lack of leadership, lack of courage and the lack of communication were so evident, that I wasn’t able to conduct my job correctly. I realised that our differences were irreconcilable, and that the best decision was unfortunately to part ways.”

He would have been working on Thief at the time, I think.

Anyone notice how post Human Revolution, all the Eidos titles had to have 1) a cartoonishly evil villain, 2) a tacked on multiplayer component and 3) a sequence in which the player is running through an exploding/collapsing inferno.

3 is the big one for me. It's in Tomb Raider, Hitman, and Thief. And it's barely appropriate even in Tomb Raider. It'd be easy to chalk all three up to inevitable AAA aspiration homogeneity, but I seriously wonder if there isn't a producer at Square Enix and for him the collapsing burning building is his Jon Peters giant spider moment--it's gotta be in there. I doubt combing the credits for all three would narrow it down to a single person.

And even with all that, it's better than Thi4f.

Eh... as far as I'm concerned, they're both on par with each other - potentially-great games marred by silly design decisions, bugs and general confusion. One is a relic of the aforementioned console-itis, and the other is apt to rip off Dishonored ad nauseum despite being one of the kings of the genre.

Rhaknar

all jokes aside, I actually really want to play Thief (Thi4f?) now, I should have picked it up. Meh, summer sale it is then

oh I remembered another one. I fucking LOVED Human Revolution... man, not having any particulary strong feelings for any classics is awesome lol :p

Salsa

including 3DS?

no one's talking about the 3DS what you talking about

also man I even liked the salsa is a lady joke better, this 3DS thing doesnt even make sense like half the people here have 3DSes and like em you hypocrites

So much I need to save!

But so many games coming out!

Borderlands 2.5!
Ba'man: Akham Nite!
Civ: Space!
How To Simply Walk Into Mordor!
Evolve 4 Dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom