• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
as someone who usually gives 0 fucks to anything multiplayer related, im strangely interested in Evolve.

you can be a medic in that right? I dont have to shoot things?

Salsa

I never got the monster thing, like Left 4 Dead versus and Agent Hunt in RE6

I just don't like playing as a monster. It's ussually crappy. It's like that idea that in Arkham Origins multiplayer (lol) you have to play as a grunt sometimes and another guy gets to play as batman

yeah no thanks, I wanna be batman, and I dont wanna be a charger/tank whatever with 2 attack moves and slow movement.

that said, Evolve looks crazy enough and the monsters are so big and nuts that it probably is fun, yeah. Specially since they can focus on making it fun knowing there's one of it at a time.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
have we even seen what it looks like when youre playing the monsters? considering how big they are, do the 4 dudes look tiny?

I wonder how big Evolve will be. Somehow I can see it wont be that relevant as L4D or Payday is about half a year after release.

I mean they announced the 4th monster as a preorder bonus. If there will be some DLC, that wont be free/Seasonpass, I can kinda see it will destroy the community.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I never got the monster thing, like Left 4 Dead versus and Agent Hunt in RE6

I just don't like playing as a monster. It's ussually crappy. It's like that idea that in Arkham Origins multiplayer (lol) you have to play as a grunt sometimes and another guy gets to play as batman

yeah no thanks, I wanna be batman, and I dont wanna be a charger/tank whatever with 2 attack moves and slow movement.

that said, Evolve looks crazy enough and the monsters are so big and nuts that it probably is fun, yeah. Specially since they can focus on making it fun knowing there's one of it at a time.

I like playing as monsters to mainly have silly jollies with friends.

This said, I think something like Damned worked well with its mechanics to have one person play as a monster, and something like Evolve too. I think if it's multiple people versus one player playing a monster stronger than the players, it gets fun.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
all jokes aside, I actually really want to play Thief (Thi4f?) now, I should have picked it up. Meh, summer sale it is then

Thi4f is like Lair. There's a lot of negativity surrounding it and so, naturally, you begin to wonder, "Surely it's not all that bad..." But it is. It does almost nothing right.

Rhaknar

Thi4f is like Lair. There's a lot of negativity surrounding it and so, naturally, you begin to wonder, "Surely it's not all that bad..." But it is. It does almost nothing right.

how would you know, you dont play games!

Somehow reading this thread I kinda regret the 6€ I spend on Thief and I havent even started to play the Game.

I would buy it for 6 eurobucks faster than you can say "Steam Sale happened and now I cant pay rent"

Garcia

Once the Summer Sale thread is up, is this one getting closed or are they both gonna run independently?

Edit: Lol, synchronicity much? vvvvv

Volimar

I don't remember from last year, will this thread go on whilst the sale thread is up, or does the sale thread become the default steam thread?

Rhaknar

Once the Summer Sale thread is up, is this one getting closed or are they both gonna run independently?

Edit: Lol, synchronicity much? vvvvv

its closed usually... I think?

Milamber

Get!

DUsWDh2.png

Special thanks to corrosivefrost, BernardoOne, Casimir and that trader dude.

Garcia

The former.

Yeah, the Summer, Autumn and Winter Sales all get their own threads. The Halloween Sale doesn't since it's themed and runs only for a few days.

Excellent.

Hoping we get outrageous discounts for recent and not so recent games like Banished, Child of Light and Starbound.

Rhaknar

Excellent.

Hoping we get outrageous discounts for recent and not so recent games like Banished, Child of Light and Starbound.

probably 33-50% for all 3. Banished is too recent, Child of Light is too recent AND a ubisoft game (so 33% for that probably), Starbound isnt recent but sells well so it doesnt need a deep discount

edit: damn it double post, im sorry

dinopoke

Hey jshackles, if you read this, I downloaded the new Enhanced Steam Standalone today because I noticed you updated some IP addresses. Looks like you fixed the issue I was having and I can buy games again. Thanks!

Garcia

probably 33-50% for all 3. Banished is too recent, Child of Light is too recent AND a ubisoft game (so 33% for that probably), Starbound isnt recent but sells well so it doesnt need a deep discount

edit: damn it double post, im sorry

Expecting something along those lines as well; would be nice to be pleasantly surprised with bigger discounts, unlikely as it seems to be.

Rhaknar

reading that humble bundle account hacked thread, if you unlink your steam account from it (or from indiegala), you lose your games?

because if so, that is ridiculously worse than a simple key that is tied to your steam account

Redrum_82

Don't know if it's been posted before, but the GFWL free version of DOW2 is in open beta right now (right click->Properties->Betas->openbeta).

Tired id very briefly, but it seems to run fine.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Looks like the automated system accidentally gave me two copies of Fault Milestone One so a quick raffle to give out.
ModBot said:
Instructions for InfiniteNine:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

fault milestone one -- MB-DAC6D795E78F3722 - Taken by Mozendo. 38 entrants total.

t1402996121z1.png

MUnited83

For you.
I hear youre the man to go to for this? Help a fellow tuga out!
Follow the link I posted on the last page :p

stop wasting sales money on shitty games you fools
How is this different than the huge ammount of crap we will buy on the summer sale?

reading that humble bundle account hacked thread, if you unlink your steam account from it (or from indiegala), you lose your games?

because if so, that is ridiculously worse than a simple key that is tied to your steam account
Nah, that's not how it works, someone would have to outright request HB to do a key revoking and substitution.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
My computer screen has gone crazy. The colors are all over the place and distorted. My graphic card died?

Have the mystery cards started forming, because in the last two sales the cards were a good indication of when the sales would start. They would start dropping a week before the sales started and were then revealed once the sales began.

If they have not started dropping, I doubt the sale is starting now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom