• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
was MKX confirmed to be PC day 1, or it just says its coming to PC

Levyne

Banned
you expect too much from SE, I bought all my FFs and most of SE RPGs, full price, it never even occurred for me to wait for price drop, not viable option at all (><)

Yeah, XIII-2 dropped in price really fast. I'm actually interested in LR if it went to ~15 dollars, but it's not fallen from ~40 with one PSN sale down to 25.

r3n4ud

Nice to see 8bitboy in a bundle. Was going to pick it up on release but decided to wait for achievements, which are coming.

AwesomeBlade [developer] 23 May @ 3:04am
It's on the top of the list right now. I got many ideas for achievements.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
was MKX confirmed to be PC day 1, or it just says its coming to PC

WB doesn't have a fantastic track record of releasing day-and-date on PC. However, with the success of the last few games, I'm sure they'd rather release the base version and then charge for DLC instead of releasing an ultimate edition later, which would facilitate an at least near-simultaneous release.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
2/ Look for the sub - Problem here, there are a ton of packages and if I can understand that specific forms of a game have specific subs (prepurchase, deluxe, etc.), why does the game have multiple RU packages for the normal version ? How do I choose which package I must check ?

The multiple packages are because there are pre-purchase and post-release specific subs (pre-purchases included some DLC), plus I would assume one is being used for retail keys specifically. As for your second question, hover over the buy button in your web browser. You'll see a link that looks like this:

javascript:addToCart( XXXXX;)

The number inside the parentheses is what you check on SteamDB. For example, on Steam RU, the sub id for AoW3's standard edition as reported by the JS link is 44844.

3/ Ok, so let's try the Deluxe edition. Let's go with "44843 Age of Wonders III Deluxe Edition (RU/CIS) Store or CD Key"

The steamdb page shows this :
AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting No
AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries Yes
PurchaseRestrictedCountries expand AM AZ BY GE KZ KG MD RU TJ TM UZ UA ID MY PH SG TH TR MX

This means I won't be able to activate the game without VPN shenanigans ?

Correct.

JaseC

fable anniversary is coming to pc
Hopefully good news Fable fans.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=829291

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyEFPhXa05c&feature=youtu.be

Nice Steam pop up too!

Edit: Damn you Anteater!!!

I'm hardly surprised but no less pleased. I loved the original Fable.

is this fable 1 remake? i have no idea. if its 2 and 2 then yay because I loved 2, if its just 1, we already have lost chapters so less yay

Yeah, it's the original game remade within UE3.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Here's some extras from the humble bundle.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Skyborn -- MB-EB9B658C2C2AC5F9 - Taken by 28 Posts Later
Sweet Lily Dreams -- MB-6C0C3FF08A897714 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan

Dr Dogg

is this fable 1 remake? i have no idea. if its 2 and 2 then yay because I loved 2, if its just 1, we already have lost chapters so less yay

Reamke of the first so less yay. But hey it's noce to see the Microsoft Steam love in continue.

I'm hardly surprised but no less pleased. I loved the original Fable..

Or as you orginaly put it

"If fans demand it" = "It's coming to the PC but we're going to announce it as a humanitarian effort."

How well did this do on 360? I've seen it at a heavily reduced cost with preorder DLC quite a few times.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well based on that, there's a high chance that it will come to PC. How long before Injustice made it to Stema after its console release?

like 1 year later. my question wasnt if it was coming to PC, it is, it was announced for pc. my question was if it was coming day 1 with consoles.

morningbus

like 1 year later. my question wasnt if it was coming to PC, it is, it was announced for pc. my question was if it was coming day 1 with consoles.

I answered your question to the best of anyone's ability.

For those who want to start using SteamDB but find it a bit troublesome finding sub # and all, use this userscript for SteamDB integration on Steam web store.
Not sure if it is added to Enhanced Steam (wasn't last time I checked), but it really makes it quicker to check for region restrictions.
A link will appear in the store page right to SteamDB for that particular game and region.

I'm starting to have hope again!
BELIEVE!
For those who want to start using SteamDB but find it a bit troublesome finding sub # and all, use this userscript for SteamDB integration on Steam web store.
Not sure if it is added to Enhanced Steam (wasn't last time I checked), but it really makes it quicker to check for region restrictions.
A link will appear in the store page right to SteamDB for that particular game and region.
Nice find! Thank you.

Li Kao

The multiple packages are because there are pre-purchase and post-release specific subs (pre-purchases included some DLC), plus I would assume one is being used for retail keys specifically. As for your second question, hover over the buy button in your web browser. You'll see a link that looks like this:

javascript:addToCart( XXXXX;)

The number inside the parentheses is what you check on SteamDB. For example, on Steam RU, the sub id for AoW3's standard edition as reported by the JS link is 44844.

Correct.

The fuck, I will have to print and study your posts at the terrible rate at which I understand all of it. I suspect my problem relies not on basic understanding (let's hope so) but more on the fact that I have absolutely no knowledge of how Steam works behind the scene.
Still didn't really understand you answer about multiple versions. I understand the edition difference just right, but that leaves me with :

18383 Age of Wonders III - CD Key Only CD Key
35148 Age of Wonders III Store or CD Key
35167 Steam Sub 35167 CD Key
39118 Age of Wonders III RU/CIS/EU Store or CD Key
44844 Age of Wonders III RU/CIS Store or CD Key

Are you saying that each time I want to check if a game is locked, I must somehow browse the Russian store to catch the JS link ?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
tumblr_mvevbgS5071rsos44o1_250.gif
tumblr_mvevbgS5071rsos44o6_250.gif
lol wtf
Guess they need distractions once in a while :p

Have you ever bought FF game?
They don't drop prices like forever, sometimes literally forever, unless platinum is released or something.
For example Lightning Returns is still full priced, even if it's bombed hard (I think)

Only western SE games are discounted fast, Japanese ones are not.
I got FFXIII PS3 new for $10 in early 2011, I have seen XIII-2 and LR for quite cheap too (not that I'll ever buy them, XIII was quite the waste of $10 :( )
VII and VIII have been about $5 on PC as well.

- (Subs) The AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting flag: this region-locks gift copies from South American (due to cheaper BRL prices), Eastern European (due to cheaper RUB prices) and South-East Asian (due to the incoming cheaper THB prices) at the activation level (unused gift copies that have been traded away are also affected, so always activate ASAP).
FTFY :(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Most of their features are already in Enhanced Steam, but not all of them.

morningbus

I know dude, it was specifically Tizoc that didnt seem to understand what I was asking :p

At the same time, you were asking a question that couldn't be definitely answered. They didn't even announce the release date for the console versions, let alone if they are releasing PC at the same time.

Tizoc was just mistaken with the intent of your post.

Rhaknar

At the same time, you were asking a question that couldn't be definitely answered. They didn't even announce the release date for the console versions, let alone if they are releasing PC at the same time.

Tizoc was just mistaken with the intent of your post.

fair enough

Yeah screw the foil market for small indie games

MfsJFWA.png

Since MAYBE one person buys one of these foils in a week, it's a race to the bottom to be the lowest offer at all times. You just can't win there.

When I actually get foils, they're for games that have been in bundles... which leaves me getting maybe $0.30 for them. :\

This reminds me of my classic "Garshasp is superior to God of War in every objective measurement" argument.

Sounds like you need to post it in a Steam review...

I know dude, it was specifically Tizoc that didnt seem to understand what I was asking :p

TRMK has this:
Warner Bros. also confirmed the Amazon leaks that the game is being developed for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One Next-Generation consoles by NetherRealm Studios. Additionally if you don't have one of the new consoles the game will also be ported to Windows PC as well as previous generation consoles Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The game will arrive in 2015, and I'd anticipate a more specific release date sometime early next year.

That's the best I could find quick. We'll find out more at E3, I'd wager.

Dr Dogg

Fable news and ShadowPlay now records at 2560x1600 with a framerate counter to boot? My it has been a good day.

Role on the daily deal.

JaseC

Oh, duh, I thought that's what I typed, haha.

The fuck, I will have to print and study your posts at the terrible rate at which I understand all of it. I suspect my problem relies not on basic understanding (let's hope so) but more on the fact that I have absolutely no knowledge of how Steam works behind the scene.
Still didn't really understand you answer about multiple versions. I understand the edition difference just right, but that leaves me with :

18383 Age of Wonders III - CD Key Only CD Key
35148 Age of Wonders III Store or CD Key
35167 Steam Sub 35167 CD Key
39118 Age of Wonders III RU/CIS/EU Store or CD Key
44844 Age of Wonders III RU/CIS Store or CD Key

You don't really need to worry about the array of subs. What matters is the sub you'll be buying.

Are you saying that each time I want to check if a game is locked, I must somehow browse the Russian store to catch the JS link ?

You can browse the stores of other regions by just affixing ?cc=xx to a Steam Store URL. For example, to get to Steam RU, you want http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=ru (NASA has a list of all the country codes used on the 'net).

def sim

You're playing right into their hands.

They're a few of the remaining games on that rumored port list that hasn't come to fruition yet.

Still not announced yet:
LucasArts Test App
Hardware
Hardware (Demo)
Hardware (VIP)
Hardware (Internal)
THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 UNLIMITED MATCH
THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98 ULTIMATE MATCH
Quantum Conundrum 2
Halo 3
Halo 2
Halo: Combat Evolved
The Witness
Angry Birds Seasons
Second Life

All of them seem plausible! No thanks on Second Life, though.

WTF is going on at Microsoft? Maybe they weren't lying to us this time when they said they are committee to PC gaming.

While I'm very happy about Fable Anniversary on Steam, I'm still not going to believe their so-called commitment to PC gaming. I just complained about the lack of a PC port for Forza Horizon 2 (which is coming to Xbox One and Xbox 360, so taking sales away from the Xbox One isn't an argument). Unless things like that happen, I'm not going to be overly excited.

JaseC

They're a few of the remaining games on that rumored port list that hasn't come to fruition yet.

All of them seem plausible! No thanks on Second Life, though.

Airtight is no more so I'd cross off Quantum Conundrum 2.

Edit: Oh, and obviously whatever Lucas Arts uploaded is now dead. I'd guess it was either Star Wars 1313 or Day of the Tentacle HD.

SSPssp

Anyone who got Murdered Soul Suspect from AMD should check their list, the key is available now. I'm excited!

def sim

Airtight is no more so I'd cross off Quantum Conundrum 2.

Edit: Oh, and obviously whatever Lucas Arts uploaded is now dead. I'd guess it was either Star Wars 1313 or Day of the Tentacle HD.

Ah That's too bad for Airtight.

I'm pulling the list from Stump's thread and I'm surprised he's been keeping it relatively up to date. Super helpful.

Rhaknar

humble BTA(s) added today or is it tomorow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom